URL: http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi
Forum: DCForumID9
Thread Number: 1415
[ Go back to previous page ]

Original Message
"Uh, Jeff..."

Posted by kingfish on 07-13-15 at 08:29 AM
What does the word "two" mean on your home planet?

Table of contents

Messages in this discussion
"RE: Uh, Jeff..."
Posted by Aruba on 07-14-15 at 08:02 PM
I’m still shaking my head over that one. My first thought was Jeff’s just purposely yanking everyone’s chain into thinking he’s REALLY that dumb so he wouldn’t be that much of a target. But coming into the game as a recognizable pair with Jackie put a target on him even before he opened his mouth. Although he made it clear on the Premier there’s nothing serious between them, I’m not so sure the HGs are believing that.

My impression is that Jeff’s the one who didn’t want the relationship. Jackie should be thankful. Imagine if they did establish something serious and Jackie would have to do the thinking for BOTH of them!

That would have the makings of a train wreck even worse than the one that supposedly ran into Becky’s face.

Posted by kingfish on 07-15-15 at 09:41 AM
Me too. I thought Jeff was just an amiable guy, meandering thru the game, willing to play UTR, and not rile anyone, a guy whose only strategy so far was a recognition that he needed to appear not to be partnered with Jacky, but secretly depended on her to not be an enemy.

Which, when you think of it, should have been our first clue. I mean, who is going to be fooled into thinking that they aren't somehow a cooperative team?

That that façade was masking a brain dead idiot I did not guess.

I think we have this season's Cowboy, except that his Nakomis isn't Nakomis.

Posted by kingfish on 07-16-15 at 02:12 PM
How about the concept of being on the block. Do you know what that is, Jeff?

Or, keeping your trap shut, have you ever heard of that, Jeff?

Finally (not bloody likely the real final, but for now): If Jason can pick up on a lying Austin, why can't you? He painstakingly showed you what to do, and how to do it. Yet you let Austin put another one over on you?

You, mostly by your own lack of wits and basic ability to snap, may have saved James' bacon this week.

Posted by Aruba on 07-16-15 at 07:27 PM
LAST EDITED ON 07-16-15 AT 07:36 PM (EST)

I am 100% in your corner on your criticism over Jeff.

Should his fate be officially sealed this evening he has only himself to blame. But I would give more props to Jason for sniffing out Austin's lie than criticize Jeff for not. As far as BB gamesmanship is concerned that was mighty impressive.

Perhaps this should be another thread...but how about "UH, VANESSA..."

How about the concept of being HOH. Does she know what THAT is??

When you were so dead set on wanting to retain HOH honors, did it ever dawn on you that you might have to actually consider a replacement nominee at the POV ceremony?

I can respect her desire to keep the nominations the same. So here's a "wild" concept...AHHHHH...HMMMM, hey...How about YOU win the POV YOURSELF!

Oh yeah, I guess it's a much better idea to throw it to...Audrey?...who would have had to win another THREE rounds to take POV and keep the nominations the same.

Nah...instead tee off on Austin for losing to Johnny WHEN YOU DID PRECISELY THE SAME AGAINST AUDREY.

OK, all together boys and girls...can we say...

"HYPOCRITE"

Posted by kingfish on 07-16-15 at 08:02 PM
I think we're more in lockstep than not, but just to be difficult:

The Great Discernment award goes to Jason, I am in admiration of him for that too. But I'm also (more so) critical of Jeff because after he was told that Austin was lying (by Jason), and what to look for and how to tell when Austin was lying, and Jeff still gets taken in by Austin, it's just unbelievable. Because even without being able to see Austin's nervous eyes, his lies were so transparent that even over the TV they seemed obvious. Even in their earlier encounter when Jeff thought he was sharing gossip about the twins, Austin's reactions were like a lit up lie detector, with buzzers and whistles going off.

Kodos to Jason for sure, major Kudos, but Jesus, how can anyone be as dully unperceptive as Jeff?

As for Vanessa, I'm not sure she deserves too much criticism for her blow up. I think maybe that she just took advantage of the situation that Austin presented to her, and that that was just an act to cover her choice of replacement and to get some votes to boot Jeff. It seems that the only one that she alienated was Jeff, and if he goes home as seems likely, her act worked. Even James is going to be at least a little grateful she put the focus on Jeff.

We'll tonite how that works out, and if I've gaged her correctly.

I also admired the way she went after Austin after he threw the dice comp. A typical poker move to prod, accuse, prod, accuse, and generally get the opponent rattled and keep them talking in an attempt get them to slip up. And he did. She is smart. He really shouldn't have fallen for that, but I think most people also wouldn't be able to help getting defensively verbose in that situation.

I also give credit to Austin for some good thinking, even if he was kinda awkward in his implementation.

Posted by Tkit on 07-17-15 at 09:30 AM
I am surprised that there wasn't more backlash about the nasty things that Jeff was doing in the house. I suppose there was no way for CBS to address those things without causing some sort of FCC violation.