URL: http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi
Forum: DCForumID9
Thread Number: 1414
[ Go back to previous page ]

Original Message
"Love/Loathe List BB17 #3"

Posted by Aruba on 07-13-15 at 06:10 AM
AUSTIN – Easy #1 this week. If not for Austin, Meg does not go up as a pawn and Da’Vonne has an excellent chance to stay in the game. Vanessa retaining HOH is a win/win for Austin. He has zero chance of being nominated by Vanessa and can come out of the week unscathed.

VANESSA – Vanessa/Austin could be a formidable duo this season. She should use her week as HOH to expand and solidify their alliance to go quite far in the game.

SHELLI – Kudos on a successful HOH reign. Much like McCrae with the skanky Ho-manda in BB15, Shelli decided to forego an all-gender alliance to pursue a showmance. I’m not a big fan of sappy showmances, but it did get McCrae to the F4.

JAMES– He appears to be a nice kid...maybe too nice for this game. Al least he has a chance to save himself in the POV. He has fared well in most competitions thus far so I give him a sporting chance.

STEVE – Can socially inept Steve continue to advance in the game? Although I’m not rooting for him to win, his clueless demeanor could be fun to watch for a little while longer.

JOHN – Awesome effort in the POV comp. His “are you friggin’ kidding me” stare at Clay when suggesting to not use the POV spliced with his DR comments was easily the most hilarious part of Wednesday’s episode. May be going to the well too often by “volunteering” to throw BOBs. If I could only get past his irritating voice, unnecessary volume, and annoying laugh.

JASON – I give the kid credit for sticking with his alliance mate (Da’Vonne) even though it got him nominated. Fortunately the BOB result bought him another week but he has some work and a lot of praying to do otherwise he could have a seat on the nomination block with his name on it.

CLAY – Clearly has a controlling influence on Shelli. Their association with Vanessa/Austin and perhaps roping in the twins would create a 6-person alliance only a few weeks away from running the House.

LIZ/JULIA – If memory serves me correct I believe in BB5 if the twin twist was exposed they would have to exit the game? Clearly that’s not the case this season. So what we have here is a no risk-all reward scenario? Talk about a classic BB handout.

AUDREY – There’s nothing “cowardly” about keeping an unpopular and unaligned rogue in the House to use as a human lightening rod. THAT more than any transgender status could keep Audrey around for a little while longer.

BUTTERFACE BECKY – So her “gift” in the phone booth was to get more “beauty sleep?!” HMMM…either CBS is just that cruel and heartless OR that whole train accident story (as powerful as it appeared) was just a pile of donkey’s dust. I leaning more toward the latter.

MEG – Had Da’Vonne managed to pull off the unlikely, Meg would have been a victim of circumstance. It would have served her right for not trying in the POV comp. And her reason was to not be perceived as a challenge threat? Really, Meg?? That’s as ridiculous as Steve being concerned about being targeted because he’s eye candy for the female HGs. LMAO! Like Spencer two seasons ago and Victoria last year, I can definitely see Meg on a floating path “pawning” her way to the end.

JACKIE – Oh well, another BB twist (recycling TAR players) gone bad.

JEFF – What I said for Jackie is ditto for Jeff. Only reason Jackie is higher is because she’s nicer to look at.

EVICTED) DA’VONNE – I give her props for figuring out the twin twist. Golfing great Jack Nicklaus said, “You can’t win a tournament in the first two rounds...but you can lose it.” Similarly you can’t win BB in the first two weeks...but you can lose it. And because of Da’Vonne’s attitude/behavior that’s exactly what happened to her.

Table of contents

Messages in this discussion
"RE: Love/Loathe List BB17 #3"
Posted by kingfish on 07-13-15 at 01:32 PM
LAST EDITED ON 07-13-15 AT 07:27 PM (EST)

Top of the list:

Vanessa - Placing higher than Austin because she's just playing better, and is actually the Alpha of the two.

Austin - But these two deserve to be at the top. Austin has to be led, and his fake reaction to the twin reveal by Jeff did not show skill (yeah, I know, he did fool Jeff. Can that really be counted as an accomplishment?). But he helped himself this week, and of the two he is less likely to have created enemies.

So kudos to them both.

Midrange, could be in any order really, but this is my order:

James - The little feller is alert but not in danger. Speaking of cruel, sending him into the 6' deep foam pit was just funny/unfair/cruel/really funny.

Meg - Meg showed a some emotion this time, as well as some game play, or at least a little suspected ability (by me, anyway) in the way of image memory. I think the vulnerability will serve to make the others more sympathetic and reluctant to put her up again. Her strategy has to be the "Sweet Meg" persona. Won't help with Audrey, but it will with some of the others. And the memory thing could really help her in the memorization challenges that are bound to come up. I think picking the correct patterns from that selection was pretty impressive, but she just raced thru it.

Becky - Survived the week after being HoH. That alone moves her up.

John - Keeps rising, IMO. His delivery needs work, but otherwise has the best facial reactions (Meg is a close second) in the house, as well as some of the best diary room comments. He needs to plead his case for not being nomed as a knee jerk pawn in the future though, sooner or later it will be fatal for him.

Also, I guess he showed his dentist chops this week. Too bad Da'Vonne wasn't there, she could have suspected him of faking the ability to spot #9 crowns, or something. Correction, it's not really too bad.

Steve - continues a successful UTR campaign. Not quite as whiney this week, so a little upward movement.

Audrey - I have to give Audrey a little lift. She's backed her game down, and seems to be biding her time and looking for subtle ways to influence without attracting attention. She will be served best by continuing like this, and especially by not winning HoH. She has from now until the end to rehabilitate herself, and she may well be carried to the end.

Liz/Julia - Admitting the twin thing might help her get to final 6. But that's short sighted and not winning. IMO, she should have denied it till Hell froze over. However the admission may have earned time to contemplate their post #6 strategy.

Shelli - Didn't step in any dog poop this week. However, if either John or Meg (or even Jason. John might be ready for a little push back too) get HoH, she will have to pedal hard to keep off the block. I think both she and/or Clay should see block time soon. Downward dog movement.

Clay - moving down. Too sentimental, and obviously too tied with Shelli.

Jason - Don't know where to put him. He seems isolated, and may become a perennial Pawn, but doesn't seem to be on anybody's radar. Maybe I should put him higher, but for now, this will do.

The cesspit of the order (agree totally with you here):

Jackey - Unfortunately linked to Jeff. Will have to work to avoid ouster in the upcoming weeks. Doesn't seem to recognize the need to or have the ability to do so.

Jeff - Really Jeff, you hadn't caught on the concept of two HoH's till now? You deserve to be squished like a little bug.

More Kudo's to the house for booting DaVonne. Teary self-delusion isn't a pretty sight.

Gronk - Great foam maze. Hilarious. Having to wipe foam off the models was an inspired twist.

Kathy Griffin - your last laugh was ineffective, and worse, your insults were banal. Not funny. And in Becky's case (as Aruba points out), bewildering, even cruel - the unfunny kind. Boo.

Posted by Aruba on 07-13-15 at 07:16 PM
Vanessa and Austin could be interchanged but main reason I had him #1 was for saving Liz. Putting Meg up as a replacement was all Austin. Had he not intervened, Shelli goes through with replacing Johnny with Liz. I cringe at the thought, but if Liz was sitting next to Da'Vonne with the twin twist pretty much out in the open and Da’Vonne’s last laugh I truly believe Da’Vonne survives and Liz/Julia goes home.

Now instead of a Vanessa-Austin-Shelli-Clay solid four, the prospect of a stronger six (Sixth Sense) is a good possible. Yes, I know a lot can happen in the next couple weeks, but if the twins make it past the fifth eviction you’re talking a 6-person alliance with 11 HGs remaining.

My biggest disagreement is insisting Liz/Julia continue to deny the twin fact. By coming clean to Shelli, the Sixth Sense at least has a fighting chance to protect them from two more evictions. They then are secure in a strong alliance having the numbers to run the House. In BB5 the twins did successfully fool the House, but when they entered the game as separate players solid alliances had already been formed and consequently they were individually eliminated shortly thereafter.

I can’t give any props or criticisms on what I considered to be one of the more wussiest Mickey Mouse competitions in a while. Not that Mickey Mouse competitions are uncommon to CBS...but this is GRONK’S WEEK! Yeah the models were nice to look at, but in a week hosted by an alpha male like Gronk we are subjected to watching a competition matching swatch patterns and designs to clothing and handbags??? As they would say on ESPN pregame Monday Night Football...C'MON MAN!!!!

Posted by kingfish on 07-14-15 at 09:07 AM
What you say about Austin is true, and that is why I would put him in the top 2. But when they discussed nomination and pawn strategy, he was clearly being led by Vanessa. But since being the Alpha can be a negative for her, I agree, it's a coin flip.

My gut feel is that the better strategy for the twins was to admit nothing until after the fifth eviction. But who knows, there are more variables than constants, so it's an indefinite equation.

But you didn't like the foam maze? Watching James and Jason just disappear into the foam and emerge after floundering about? Watching Meg figuring out that the way to solve it was to wipe foam off a model and then find the matching swatch. I also liked it because it wasn't a strength or endurance test, but original and fun. I think Jason caught on too, but poor James didn't have a chance.

I was cracking up. It definitely wasn't Gronkish, but it was funny. And as I mentioned, wiping foam off the models had a combination of titillation and hilarity that had me rocking in my chair.

Posted by Aruba on 07-14-15 at 07:39 PM
When Vanessa made it quite clear that SHE actually wanted to stay HOH, I honestly would have taken the same exact approach Austin did. Free rides don’t come much easier than that. When you’re co-HOHs with one of your tightest allies...LET HIM/HER HAVE IT! You’re 99.9% sure you will not be nominated AND that HOH be mostly likely catch the brunt of any potential carnage. Given that scenario...HECK...I’d let Vanessa put a leash around my neck and “lead” me around the whole darn week! LOL

Nah, I didn’t really care much for the foam maze. I remember an interview with Janelle after All-Stars when she credited her success in competitions (most specifically the one’s involving memorization/ observation) to her occupation as a cocktail waitress. She went on to say remembering what the customer is drinking without asking, or in the case of repeat customers, knowing what they eat, where they like to sit, etc. has a huge impact on how much they tip.

If there’s any merit to what Janelle said, with Meg listing her occupation as a “server” (not quite sure what she serves) you would have to assume memorizing silly swatch patterns would be right up her alley. Although it’s probably a moot point because Meg and Jason could have been Helen Keller and Stevie Wonder respectively and Johnny would have made sure they won.

One has to wonder how long Production will put up with this chickensh!t throwing of challenges before they just trash the BOB format.

Posted by michel2 on 07-19-15 at 09:56 PM
Hi Aruba, I didn't know you were still doing this for BB. I'm not exactly familiar with all the players since many are so quiet but I'll give it a go anyway.

1- John: The dentist is hilarious. His DR sessions are the best in a long time. His game isn't very good but he will have quite a case to make if he continues to navigate his way to the end.

2- Vanessa: She started out slowly but she has gotten a good grip on the game and she is trusted a lot by her alliance mates.

3- Austin: He's a good manipulator but, like Audrey earlier, too much scheming could get him in trouble. He'd be the "6th Sense" alliance's sacrificial lamb if ever two of them are put up against each other.

4- "Lilua": The twist isn't really about fooling everyone but surviving 5 elimination cycles. They have managed to make enough people trust them that they should make it. Being two of the hottest women this season also help them get a good ranking.

5- Shelli: I got to give her a good note for her social skills. Flaunting a showmance and winning HOH should have gotten her in trouble but she is in a great spot. Even her nominees aren't targeting her.

6- Jackie: She didn't do too bad in TAR and she has avoided the target up to now and what a good looking woman!

Tied 7th Becky (Great body) and Meg (Very Cute)

9- Audrey: She had some great ideas but she should have spread them out over the first 5 or 6 weeks instead of dumping them all at the start. No one has ever managed to turn a house against them so quickly without being a loudmouth moron.

10- Clay: The boy toy is in a good position but not much going on up there.

Tied 11th: James, Jason, Steve: All 3 are equally boring.

Posted by kingfish on 07-20-15 at 08:46 AM
Can James ever stop eating? And could he at least close his mouth when he chews?

You'd never guess his diminutive stature just by the amount of food he packs away.

Posted by michel2 on 07-20-15 at 07:11 PM
He was also called the messiest person in the house so he has problems.

Posted by Aruba on 07-21-15 at 06:45 PM
Hey Michel, good to see you here.

Yeah, I figured I'd post for as long as I can tolerate the hampsters. So far the cast seems pretty good for the most part. Despite not being exactly familiar with the players, you've captured the general context of the HGs.

Yes, Steve has been boring (in a "fish out of water" type of way.)

I guess being HOH for the entire week leading up to eviction #1 and being on the block the whole week leading up to eviction #3 makes it tough for James to have a "boring" for 30 days. And I'm finding Jason involved in the game despite his #1 aligned partner was the second evictee.

With all three guys outside the main alliance running the House for the first month, understandably less focus would be on them as opposed to the TV time given to the Sixth Sense.

If I were to compare anyone to boring Steve I might lean more to Jackie.