URL: http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi
Forum: DCForumID54
Thread Number: 1411
[ Go back to previous page ]

Original Message
"Hawkeye 10 Episode 10.7"

Posted by Cygnus X1 on 10-31-06 at 10:24 AM
LAST EDITED ON 10-31-06 AT 10:35 AM (EST)

I need some snarky ballplayers! As always, bonus points for not letting the facts get in the way.

1. What's the real reason there was no way for the Racers to fly from Kuwait to Mauritius other than via London?

2. What other names did the alliance of David and Mary, Lyn and Karlyn, and the Cho brothers consider before settling on "Six Pack"?

3. What, if anything, does Rob do to chill out?

4. When Karlyn turned to vent her wrath on Tyler and James, she said, "I can't say what the hell I want to say." Tyler then responded, "Say something smart, then." What smart thing should Karlyn have said at that point?

5. Why did Tyler and James get so lost on Mauritius?

6. How did Dustin and Kandice wind up changing into their swimsuits, after being concerned that there was nowhere to do so?

7. Erwin and Godwin opted to wait until David and Mary and Lyn and Karlyn floated swam back from the ship to continue to the next clue, which was destined to put them at the back of the pack. What was Erwin and Godwin's inspiration for this strategy?

8. For each team, describe what items should have been hidden in that salt pile that would have been easier for them to find.

9. When David and Mary became the last to switch from the salt pile Detour to the sails, they all but guaranteed another last place-finish, although they still had a chance on the drive back. What was the real reason they didn't stick with the salt pile?

10. We now know, thanks to some sharp-eyed RTVW folks, that there was a Roadblock that was not shown to us. What was it, and why didn't the producers/CBS air it? (Remember, extra credit for ignoring the facts.)

BONUS! How does a driving test in Mauritius differ from a driving test in India?

Tribe strikes again!
You've been warned, so don't complain.

Table of contents

Messages in this discussion
"RE: Hawkeye 10 Episode 10.7"
Posted by aquariaqueen on 10-31-06 at 10:55 AM
LAST EDITED ON 10-31-06 AT 01:22 PM (EST)

>1. What's the real reason
>there was no way for
>the Racers to fly from
>Kuwait to Mauritius other than
>via London? FRANCE FINALLY DECIDED WE COULD USE THEIR AIR SPACE

>2. What other names did
>the alliance of David and
>Mary, Lyn and Karlyn, and
>the Cho brothers consider before
>settling on "Six Pack"? THE CHICKS, THE HICKS, AND THE STICKS.
>
>3. What, if anything, does
>Rob do to chill out? HE SUCKLES ON HIS MOTHER'S BREAST.

>4. When Karlyn turned to
>vent her wrath on Tyler
>and James, she said, "I
>can't say what the hell
>I want to say."
>Tyler then responded, "Say something
>smart, then." What smart
>thing should Karlyn have said
>at that point? "I LOVE YOU"

>5. Why did Tyler and
>James get so lost on
>Mauritius? WHEN AREN'T THEY LOST?

>6. How did Dustin and
>Kandice wind up changing into
>their swimsuits, after being concerned
>that there was nowhere to
>do so? GOOD QUESTION!

>7. Erwin and Godwin opted
>to wait until David and
>Mary and Lyn and Karlyn
>floated swam back from the
>ship to continue to the
>next clue, which was destined
>to put them at the
>back of the pack.
>What was Erwin and Godwin's
>inspiration for this strategy? SEEING MARY IN A SWIMSUIT

>8. For each team, describe
>what items should have been
>hidden in that salt pile
>that would have been easier
>for them to find.
BARBIE DOLLS: PINK THONG BIKINIS
KY: HUNK OF COAL OR A WHOPPER FROM BURGER KING
AL: COLLARD GREENS
MODELS: HAIR GEL
CHO BROS: LONG LOST BROTHER, EDWIN
ROB/KIM: A THERAPIST

>9. When David and Mary
>became the last to switch
>from the salt pile Detour
>to the sails, they all
>but guaranteed another last place-finish,
>although they still had a
>chance on the drive back.
> What was the real
>reason they didn't stick with
>the salt pile? MARY HAD FLASHBACKS WHEN SHE WORKED IN A CHILD LABOR CAMP MAKING PRETZELS.

>10. We now know, thanks
>to some sharp-eyed RTVW folks,
>that there was a Roadblock
>that was not shown to
>us. What was it,
>and why didn't the producers/CBS
>air it? (Remember,
>extra credit for ignoring the
>facts.) PUZZLE INVOLVING HOW MANY WORDS COULD BE MADE FROM THE WORD "Mauritius".

>BONUS! How does a driving
>test in Mauritius differ from
>a driving test in India? NOT AS MANY POINTS FOR HITTING AN INDIAN.

Posted by dabo on 10-31-06 at 12:00 PM
1. What's the real reason there was no way for the Racers to fly from Kuwait to Mauritius other than via London?
France.

2. What other names did the alliance of David and Mary, Lyn and Karlyn, and the Cho brothers consider before settling on "Six Pack"?
The All-Americans.

Kimberly in the library with the pistol.

4. When Karlyn turned to vent her wrath on Tyler and James, she said, "I can't say what the hell I want to say." Tyler then responded, "Say something smart, then." What smart thing should Karlyn have said at that point?
I don't know why she even wasted her time on those Boy Scout rejects.

Well, you see, when you've been to rehab that's all you ever really think about every day for the rest of your life.

6. How did Dustin and Kandice wind up changing into their swimsuits, after being concerned that there was nowhere to do so?
It's a supahsecret Miss America trick soon to be an act on America's Got Talent.

7. Erwin and Godwin opted to wait until David and Mary and Lyn and Karlyn floated swam back from the ship to continue to the next clue, which was destined to put them at the back of the pack. What was Erwin and Godwin's inspiration for this strategy?
Um, look, Lyn and Karlyn are single moms, do I have to spell it out for you!

8. For each team, describe what items should have been hidden in that salt pile that would have been easier for them to find.
Dustin/Kandice: tiaras
Tyler/James: bongs
Rob/Kimberly: dinero
Erwin/Godwin: sourdough
Lyn/Karlyn: shrimp
David/Mary: nothing

9. When David and Mary became the last to switch from the salt pile Detour to the sails, they all but guaranteed another last place-finish, although they still had a chance on the drive back. What was the real reason they didn't stick with the salt pile?
The sun was in their eyes.

10. We now know, thanks to some sharp-eyed RTVW folks, that there was a Roadblock that was not shown to us. What was it, and why didn't the producers/CBS air it?
Swimming with stingrays.

BONUS! How does a driving test in Mauritius differ from a driving test in India?
You don't have to honk at homeless cows.

SMILES ARE FREE

Posted by Max Headroom on 10-31-06 at 01:21 PM
Cygnus, it's good to see you around here again!

Iraqi Air still hasn't restored their full flight schedule.

Tastes Great, Less Filling?

He chills out when Kimberly tells him to, and he does what she tells him to do.

I don't think Karlyn is capable of anything smart, but I'm sure she could work in a childbirth reference somehow.

They always get lost on days ending in "y".

Wouldn't we all like to know??

7. Erwin and Godwin opted to wait until David and Mary and Lyn and Karlyn swam back from the ship to continue to the next clue, which was destined to put them at the back of the pack. What was Erwin and Godwin's inspiration for this strategy?

They were waiting for the rest of the tour group to arrive before boarding the bus.

Dustin/Kandice - Miss Congeniality sashes
Lyn/Karlyn - Child support checks
David/Mary - Big Macs
Rob/Kimberly - His and her cans of whoopass
Erwin/Godwin - Books written in useless, obscure languages
Tyler/James - Doesn't matter, they can't ever find anything

All that salt gave Mary a hankerin' for fries, and she thought she saw a McDonalds near the boat dock.

10. We now know, thanks to some sharp-eyed RTVW folks, that there was a Roadblock that was not shown to us. What was it, and why didn't the producers/CBS air it? (Remember, extra credit for ignoring the facts.)

Roadblock: Demolition Derby. Canceled because Dustin/Kandice got a head start.

The Mauritius test doesn't give bonus points for hitting tuk-tuks.

"RE: Hawkeye 10 Episode 10.7 - Max Headroom"
Posted by shilfiell on 11-01-06 at 01:47 AM
Ooooh, nice work on the Childbirth reference and the Miss Congeniality sashes....remind me to post earlier next time!

Posted by Molaholic on 11-01-06 at 01:23 AM
As always, I post before reading.

The Travelocity Roaming Gnome™ was discovered to have been, shall we say, fiddling around with the books, and had to make-up some missing income.

"Kenbamchi Pack" "Alatuckho Pack" and "Back of the Pack"

Kicks dogs, knocks over clean laundry baskets, whizzes on the neighbor's petunias.

"I'm rubber, you're glue, whatever you say bounces off me and sticks to you." Followed by a quick sticking-out of the tongue.

It seems as if the town they were headed for was called "Margaritaville" and, the time just seemed right.

They're veterans of many a beauty pagent, so they're always prepared with a stand-by swimsuit under their ordinary clothes.

They're idiots.

David and Mary - an elephant.
Cho Brothers - a Buick
Dustin and Kandice - a Tiara
that's all I can come up with...

David was out of tequila.

It was a poorly thought out pursuit of a miniature poodle throughout the back-waters of Eastern Mauritius. Using body boards with flatulence sails.

Divers are required to pass the test in Mauritius.

Not only Ubiquitous, but Superfluous too!

Posted by shilfiell on 11-01-06 at 01:39 AM
Since the producers are avoiding the obvious plugs, this was their chance for the most obscure product placement ever! Kuwait, London, Mauritius...K,L,M...KLM Airlines! Subliminal ads rule!

Team Six-Pack with a Gay Guy Chaser? Nah, too late...Team Estrogen? Nope, although only David objected to that one....Three Men and some ladies? Nah, that leaves Karlyn out...okay, Six Pack will have to do.

Doubles up on his Ritalin.

"Shut up, you're not even smart enough to survive childbirth like I have."

They unconsciously tried to turn a three-step journey into twelve steps.

"Sailor Swimsuit Barbies, henshin yo!"

Surely all this good karma will pay off for us sometime, right, Karlyn? ...Karlyn? Hey! Wait for us!

D&K: "Miss Congeniality" sashes.
R&K: The Rich People.
L&K: Estrogen.
D&M: Temporary, no, permanent bullseye tattoos for their foreheads.
E&G: Phil and a bushel of kiwis.
J&T: There is nothing these two can easily find. Trick question.

All that lily-whiteness made them too homesick for their Kentucky neighborhood.

The roadblock was actually just another boring climbing task, but the producers canned it after Peter suddenly reappeared at the base of the wall and started screaming at everyone "You can do it! Keep going! Good job!" from his lounge chair until the police finally carted him away for Chronic Public Boorishness.

Turns out that in Mauritius, drinking is encouraged! Just ask the Barbies!

Posted by warp_core breach on 11-01-06 at 02:00 PM

The airline ticket agent was just trying to be nice to David & Mary because it was assumed that they were from England because of their teeth.

Geek Squad
Nice Guys Finish Last
South Asia

Dies.

Some reference to giving birth which would make any single, young guy cringe and turn away in disgust.

They weren't sure if they were actually in Mauritius. There were rumours that they were in "Morteus", "Morytus", "More-e-tee-us" or "Morpheus".

They flashed their vaseline-laden smiles which temporarily blinded anyone within close proximity.

They thought that it might be fun to see 2/3 of their alliance drown.

Chos - DVD of "Bill and Ted's Excellent Adventure" - Parts 1 and 2
Bama - Welfare cheques, books on child birth
David & Mary - Big Macs, a dentist, the Chos and Bama

They just couldn't stand to be apart from the six-pack for 1 minute.

A child birth roadblock. It was fairly obvious that only Lyn or Karlyn could complete this task. Also, too many gratuitous shots of Lyn or Karlyn giving birth in front of cameras would NOT be a good thing.

Make sure you're not in "Morteus", "Morytus", "More-e-tee-us" or "Morpheus" first.

A Seana Halloween Special - Bouncies by IceCat

Posted by Seana on 11-02-06 at 10:25 PM
The airport in London, India was closed for repairs.

"Four People Who Will Stop at Nothing to Let Other People Ahead of Them and Two People Who Would Gladly Take Them Up on That if They Had Any Skill". Of course, it was a bit long. And not really very catchy.

- tensing all his muscles simultaneously
- primal screaming
- teaching ESL* classes

"Don't wander off, we wouldn't want you to get lost on the way to the plane."

They were looking at the map of Meridius that the Blondes gave them.

I would think that this would be the only time that practical pageant skills would have come in handy on the Race. Don't contestants have to be able to change quickly?

Anyway, I'm sure the cameraman and soundman offered to hold up towels for them.

I'm as confused by this as you are. Maybe they feel guilty that they won a leg and they're overdoing it trying to "make amends".

Lyn/Karlyn - Nubain**
Rob/Kimberly - Something rich and nice-smelling
Erwin/Godwin - another team needing to be helped
David/Mary - McDonald's food
Tyler/James - Their 12th Step

It didn't further Mary's career ambitions as the love interest in Steven Seagal movies.

Stupid producers screwing up my tally. Pfft.

The one in India involves *not* hitting a bus.

*English as a Second Language
**Drug for "taking the edge off" during delivery.

I tried to do this last night, but I was too tired and went to bed. You would not believe the week I've had. *whew*