URL: http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi
Forum: DCForumID85
Thread Number: 141
[ Go back to previous page ]

Original Message
"Is this survivor or contender"

Posted by biggest brutha on 04-24-05 at 09:07 PM
LAST EDITED ON 04-24-05 AT 09:13 PM (EST)

These guys all moan about never getting a chance to fight and then what happens instead of fighting these guys want to play promoter. If this goes down like its looking I would hope they change the rules because let's face it you can't have a lame duck champion on a show which is supposed to be real. Jesse is a punk. Joey is a plant for the show if he really is a pre law type then he should follow that route. Instead he is there to make a mil and say the hell with boxing the rest of these guys want to box.

Table of contents

Messages in this discussion
"RE: Is this survivor or contender"
Posted by finalround on 04-24-05 at 10:08 PM
You hit the nail on the head. They are ruining the show. I want to see the best fighters in the final fight, not the best game player. If they dont change the rules, they will kill any chance of a second season.

Posted by finalround on 04-24-05 at 10:10 PM
Don't you just hate looking at Jessie during the fights with that smerk on his face, acting like he is the ring leader!

Posted by biggest brutha on 04-24-05 at 10:55 PM
I feel robbed because his first fight I was really rooting for him. The whole edit respect thing I guess. You know how they edit you to like a cetain reality ho. Now I thought Manfred was gonna flip the scipt and have jesse fight someone

Posted by romber_team_wins on 04-25-05 at 08:20 AM
LOL biggest brutha LOL
I agree with you. Had I been Peter Panfredo I would of took that bald guys advice in the shower.
He told Peter Panfredo to pick the fight for himself.
Peter Panfredo should of ran with that and picked Anthony Bosante.
What do you think would of happend? Do you think Bozoante would of jumped in the ring with his hamster? It sure would of made the show more interesting.
Even Bozoante said he would of picked himself to fight.
It is all about the 1 MIL now. I personaly would kill for less than that. The hell with honor and integrity. It's all about integreedy
You know!

" Holy Cannoli ! "

Posted by volsfan on 04-25-05 at 09:37 AM
This is a reality television game about boxing. The person that plays the game the best will get the matches he wants (which is playing out that way). However, the best boxer should win the match no matter who they are fighting but we know it isn't always that way (just like football...that is why they play the game).

These guys all moan about never getting a chance to fight and then what happens instead of fighting these guys want to play promoter.

Which guys and please give specifics? I think most of the guys are ready to fight when their time comes about. I do understand what you are saying about becoming the match maker but I think that is how the game is being manipulated and I take it you don't like that (which is your right).

Instead he is there to make a mil and say the hell with boxing the rest of these guys want to box.

I don't agree with you on this one either. However, they are all there to make a million...boxing is the means in which they can do it! All of the guys are there to box but the money is the motivation.

Posted by biggest brutha on 04-25-05 at 07:55 PM
Hey for a mil I would drop weight even though I doubt I could cut 70 lbs to fight at 180. I just wonder is this to join the ranks of sugar or the ranks of the bachelor?

Posted by jenniferlyn on 05-01-05 at 07:46 AM
LAST EDITED ON 05-01-05 AT 07:50 AM (EST)

LAST EDITED ON 05-01-05 AT 07:48 AM (EST)

I completely agree with you volsfan, if these guys were hoping for a situation void of manipulation and alliances, they shouldn't have gone on a reality show!! (and especially not one by Mark Burnett!!) And just my opinion, I'm SOOO glad that Ishe is gone, I was getting really irritated with his constant bellyaching about EVERYTHING, not to mention his "holier than thou" attitude. (amd i mean that both literally AND figuratively)

Posted by pdaj on 05-01-05 at 09:06 AM
LAST EDITED ON 05-01-05 AT 09:07 AM (EST)

http://sergiomoraboxing.com/fights.html

Sergio expressed an interesting perspective on the "reality show" dynamic:

"Going into the challenge, I couldn't believe the alliances being formed between FIGHTERS. You expect this in other reality shows, but not in boxing. How wrong I was. I realized survival is universal; no matter if it's in boxing, surviving on an island, or trying to earn a job."

I couldn't have said it better myself.