URL: http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi
Forum: DCForumID33
Thread Number: 141
[ Go back to previous page ]

Original Message
"SB hit list"

Posted by aethelstan on 11-04-03 at 11:30 AM
Hey Webby!

I've heard tell that hit statistics are available to webmasters/server hosts and that amongst those statistics, you get the geographic location of whose accessing the site.
My question is this: would it be possible to post information on where the SB board users come from? Something that would show state/province/country for example assuming that 35? hits/week is an average for one person.

This would definitely be anonymous so no-one would have to reveal their home city/state but it would enable us to see how many out of US people participate in the boards. Like, are their any Aussie's posting. Any others in Belgium other than PhoenixMons. And so forth...

Just wondering

-aethelstan

Table of contents

Messages in this discussion
"RE: SB hit list"
Posted by kyngsladye on 11-04-03 at 04:20 PM
LAST EDITED ON 11-04-03 AT 04:21 PM (EST)

He'd tell you, but then he'd have to kill you.

La Métropole
J/k

"RE: SB hit list"
Posted by SurvivorBlows on 11-06-03 at 01:01 PM
LAST EDITED ON 11-06-03 AT 01:04 PM (EST)

>My question is this: would it be possible to post information
>on where the SB board users come from? Something that
>would show state/province/country for example assuming that 35? hits/week is
>an average for one person.

Sorry, but any such information is confidental. Plus many of those things are significantly inaccurate -- for example, many of the geo stat analysis tools incorrectly show every AOL user (even the ones in Europe) as residing in Virginia.

>This would definitely be anonymous so no-one would have to reveal
>their home city/state but it would enable us to see
>how many out of US people participate in the boards.

We don't track board traffic any differently than any other web traffic, so this isn't possible. I will say that 95%+ of our visitors are from the US or Canada, but that's it.

-SB