URL: http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi
Forum: DCForumID102
Thread Number: 1409
[ Go back to previous page ]

Original Message
"Survivor - The Greek Islands Episode 2"

Posted by michel on 04-30-12 at 07:36 PM
Previously on…Survivor

The two tribes landed on the Greek Islands of Nachos and Doritos.

The first challenge was close but, when the chips were down, the Nachos pulled it out of the bag and won immunity.
Back at Doritos, the men were facing a problem heading into Tribal Council…
<Chase, talking to the guys: “There’s more women on our tribe. They could take over.”
Mick replied: “We have to stick together and get at least one woman on board.”>

At Tribal Council, the group agreed that they had to keep the tribe strong and that some Survivors had just skated by the first time.
Natalie Tenerelli was surprised, thinking she had shown to be strong during Redemption Island.

When the votes came, Susie realized that her house of cards had come crashing down.
Natalie joined her in Loser Lodge.

20 are left, who will be voted out next?

Table of contents

Messages in this discussion
"Tree Mail"
Posted by michel on 04-30-12 at 07:39 PM
They ran, jumped and threw
To win their competitions
But if you want to go through
You’ll need to answer my questions

Come on in Guys!

I'll be posting the challenge rules at 8:00PM but I'd like you to answer this post so that we know who will be here at the time.

"RE: Tree Mail"
Posted by Belle Book on 04-30-12 at 07:44 PM
I'm here!

Posted by SpotTheDiffference on 04-30-12 at 07:53 PM
Here, but barely. Running on very little sleep.

Posted by CTgirl on 04-30-12 at 08:02 PM
Here!

Posted by Georjanna on 04-30-12 at 08:25 PM
I'm finally here. Stuck in a drive-thru.

Posted by jbug on 04-30-12 at 08:55 PM
I think I'm late;
better late than?

Greek Islands by Tribey

"Immunity Challenge:"
Posted by michel on 04-30-12 at 08:01 PM
LAST EDITED ON 04-30-12 AT 08:06 PM (EST)

Being in the land that brought us the Olympics and with the London Games being only 3 months away, I thought I would test your knowledge of past Games.

Yeah, Yeah, this would only test your googling skills so there is a catch: You will be divided in two teams and each of you can only answer 3 questions.

I will need three different posters answering three different questions so you will need to communnicate between each other.
If you don’t, your team will be penalized: If two people from the same team answer the same question, I will not count it as a point.

Please don’t post your answers in this thread unless you want someone from the other team to simply copy/paste them.
The first team to get all 9 correct answers posted 3X3 from 3 different posters or the team that has the most right answers posted properly will win immunity for their assigned tribe.

For the Doritos, we have: Suzzee, Tribephyl, CTGirl, Agman and Taffnic
For the Nachos, we have Jbug, Spotthedifference, Georgianna, Corvis, Belle Book and Krissmiss

Here are the questions.

1- What is the oldest Olympic record for men’s track and field still standing today?

2- Name the Canadian sprinter that was stripped of the gold medal because of steroid use?

3- What was so special about the first Olympic marathon?

4- When was the first Olympic marathon for women and who won?

5- Who won an Olympic Marathon while running barefoot?

6- This man won the 1936 silver medal in the 200m behind Jesse Owens but his brother is much more famous. Who is he?

7- Montreal fell in love with her. Who was she?

8- From Muhammad Ali, Michel Platini and Wayne Gretzky, the people that light the Olympic cauldron are mostly chosen for their accomplishments. Someone was chosen because of where and when he was born. Who was he and why?

9- In Track and Field, these 2 men won their event at 4 consecutive Olympic games. Name the 2 men and their respective events:

"Precision"
Posted by michel on 04-30-12 at 08:21 PM
I just realized that I didn't say it explicitely but your answers should be sent by PM.

"RE: Precision"
Posted by SpotTheDiffference on 04-30-12 at 08:56 PM
Any clues for #3 and #7? Those are pretty generic questions.

Posted by agman on 04-30-12 at 08:58 PM
Those were easy

Posted by jbug on 04-30-12 at 09:29 PM
LAST EDITED ON 04-30-12 AT 10:36 PM (EST)

sure = you know the answers to everything, right?

ETA: nanny nanny boo boo

Posted by agman on 05-01-12 at 00:36 AM
LAST EDITED ON 05-01-12 AT 00:36 AM (EST)

Nevermind

Posted by michel on 04-30-12 at 08:59 PM
Nope.

Posted by Corvis on 04-30-12 at 09:50 PM
I'd be doing better at this challenge if I stopped getting distracted by all the naked athletes.

Posted by jbug on 04-30-12 at 10:00 PM
*like*

"RE: Immunity Challenge:"
Posted by tribephyl on 05-01-12 at 02:32 AM
LAST EDITED ON 05-01-12 AT 02:33 AM (EST)

Sorry Doritos.
Despite having zero abilty in T&F trivia, I was also detained at the big awful workplace. I would much rather have been here.

Alas, this means the darned doritos again go to TC.

Good Luck guys! (And you know who I'm winking at...)

Go Mick! Go Chase!
*crosses fingers* *crosses legs*
*crosses eyes*
*readies the bunkbeds*

"Nachos Win immunity!"
Posted by michel on 04-30-12 at 10:06 PM
Spot answered:
1. Bob Beamon, long jump
2. Ben Johnson
3. It followed a route to Athens, taking inspiration from the legend of Pheidippides and Greece won.

Jbug added:
4. Joan Benoit, 1984
5. Abebe Bikila
6. Mack Robinson

Georgianna posted:
7. Nadia Comaneci
8. Yoshinori Sakai: He was born at Hiroshima on the day the first atomic bomb was dropped on the city.
9. Al Oerter (discus throw), Carl Lewis (long jump)

I didn't receive posts from any other members of Nachos so, with that:

The Nachos Win Immunity!

"RE: Nachos Win immunity!"
Posted by jbug on 04-30-12 at 10:25 PM
Nachos Rock!
~~~~fist pump~~~~

Greek Islands by Tribey

"RE: Nachos Win immunity!"
Posted by krismiss2us on 04-30-12 at 10:29 PM
Great job nacho-buddies!

"2nd Tribal Council:"
Posted by michel on 04-30-12 at 10:22 PM
Doritos, I know this is tough but you will have to go back to Tribal Council.

Players, you will need to PM me two votes because we will be eliminating two from the following group:

Sophie
Becky
Natalie W
Jenna M.
Yul
Todd
Chase
Mick
Earl

I know the challenge was frustrating and losing a second time is rough so what do you plan to do to save this group from losing the numbers game to the Nachos?

Sophie and Chase received votes last time so will they be in danger this time?

The voting will be open until Thursday evening at 8:00PM or until I receive all the votes, whichever comes first.

The next Challenge will be posted in a new thread for episode 3 on Thursday at 8:00PM.

"RE: 2nd Tribal Council:"
Posted by SpotTheDiffference on 04-30-12 at 11:22 PM
I know the challenge was frustrating

Yes. Yes, it was.

"Confessionals"
Posted by michel on 04-30-12 at 11:03 PM
There seems to be confusion about the confessionals. By no means you are obligated to send me anything but, if you have some time, I'd like to get some insight into your game. If you can tell me about your game and impersonate your Survivor at the same time; great. If you prefer to talk only about your game that's fine. If you want to talk only as your Survivor, there's no problem with that either. Just as long as you have fun doing it.

"RE: Confessionals"
Posted by jbug on 05-01-12 at 08:42 AM
You're writing a book, right?
You're gonna hold everything I say against me, right?

Greek Islands by Tribey

Posted by suzzee on 05-01-12 at 02:46 PM
Don't forget about the night vision cameras

Posted by jbug on 05-01-12 at 02:58 PM
Nekkid volleyball was in Loser Lodge!
Ya'll been playing at midnight here in the Greek Islands & didn't tell me?

Greek Islands by Tribey

Posted by jbug on 05-01-12 at 03:28 PM
I hope you are watching your red wavy's carefully.
I'd hate for you to miss any of my confessions.

Posted by tribephyl on 05-01-12 at 03:54 PM
after reading your confessionals I had to beat my red-wavy furiously.
Wait. What?
I haven't seen your confessionals. Have I?

Posted by jbug on 05-01-12 at 04:09 PM
lurve your coconuts Tribe.
Are you saying I've been PMing the wrong person?

I've been wondering if Michel plans to share our confessionals after it's all over.
Maybe I better watch what I say?

Greek Islands by Tribey

Posted by michel on 05-01-12 at 06:15 PM
LAST EDITED ON 05-01-12 AT 06:16 PM (EST)

Sending the PM to the wrong person would kill a strategy rather quickly!

I think it would be fun to make a story out of all your confessionals, the challenges and the TCs. It would be rather thin on camp life though. You guys are slackers when it comes to building a shelter or making fire.

Please don't make a fire in the middle of your living room. Your local firemen wouldn't appreciate

Posted by jbug on 05-01-12 at 08:00 PM
When i was little - about 8 & my brother was about 3, we built a camp fire in the corner of my parent's bedroom; it was a big old house with old hardwood floors. it wasn't a big fire!
When we moved from there when I was 17, the burn spot was still there.

So, I DO have experience in building camp fires.

Posted by michel on 05-01-12 at 09:58 PM
Let me guess: It was your little brother's fault!

Be sure to include that story if you ever make an application video.

"Preparation for the Next Challenge"
Posted by michel on 05-01-12 at 06:07 PM
The votes are coming in quickly so our technical department is busy setting up the next challenge. For it to be enjoyable to all, I have to ask if you know how to upload a screen capture to these boards?

I know that we have some artists here who are probably better than I but this is what I do. You can test my method to see if it will work for you: (I use a PC with InternetExplorer)

When I want to capture a screen cap, I press the "print screen" key next to F12.

Then I open Paint (go to: all programs, accessories, Paint) and I paste the whole screen by doing "control - V".
That image is much too large so I click the area function on the left side tool bar. I put my mouse over the top left corner of the image and drag it to the bottom right of the image that I want to save.

Once that limited area is defined, I right click and "copy" the image.

I close and reopen Paint, not saving the changes this time.
I then use once more "control-V to paste the smaller image.

That image I save (top left of the tool bar: File - Save as - and I go to "my documents" to save the picture there) but first you will need to change its format from "Bitmap" to "Jpeg" so that it will be less than the limit of uploading to this board.

Uploading is done by by using the "click here to upload your file", then click JPEG image, click "browse", go to "My document", click on your image then "open". When you press "Upload your file" you will see a new URL appearing. Copy that URL and paste it in your post. Voilà!

Maybe this is totally unnecessary but, if you are having problems, please ask.
Tribe, Agman, Georgianna or someone else probably have a better way to do it but this way will enable you to play the next challenge. Speed won't be a factor once you have pressed "Print screen" to the image that you want.

"RE: Preparation for the Next Challenge"
Posted by CTgirl on 05-01-12 at 06:27 PM
I've never done a screen capture and I've never used Paint although I could probably teach myself.

Does anyone have any other tips? I have a PC and my browser is Google chrome (I also have photoshop elements 9). Thanks in advance!

Posted by tribephyl on 05-01-12 at 11:06 PM
PSE9 works in an easy manner.

1. Open PSE9.
2. Open browser and go to website for capturing.
3. Once image maintained, press "print screen" button on keyboard.
4. Go back to PSE9, click File and choose "New file". (Image parameters will match your set screen size.)
5. Then click Edit and choose "Paste".
6. Resize/Crop the "screen capture". Make sure finished image is less than 800 pixels wide (as that seems to be the barrier where peeps screens start extending).
7. Save as 'jpeg'/'jpg' (or even 'gif' if bulging file size continues to be a problem).

In order to upload files here they can't be more than 75KB, so you may have to resize and such in order to get it under that limit.
(Also make sure to match your file type when uploading.)

Posted by Georjanna on 05-01-12 at 11:25 PM
LAST EDITED ON 05-01-12 AT 11:26 PM (EST)

Tribe,

I just read your instructions for PSE9 and applied them in Animation Shop - opened AS, printed screen, clicked on Edit in AS and chose Paste as New Animation - with the same hassle-free results.

A couple more 'experts' posts, and these things are going to make themselves and buzz us when they're done.

Thank you, sir.

G

Posted by tribephyl on 05-02-12 at 01:26 AM
excellent!
Glad I could help.

Posted by Georjanna on 05-01-12 at 06:46 PM
LAST EDITED ON 05-01-12 AT 07:42 PM (EST)

Like CT, I've never done a screen capture. Principally because I've never been able to figure out how to do a screen capture.

I have Windows Media Center and you would think that all I'd have to do is press a button. But that doesn't seem to be the case.

And all of the images that I copy/save go directly to Jasc Animation Shop.

Note: I haven't gotten past the first step in the process that you've described yet, Michel. But it is already apparent that I'm going to have to watch/capture whole screen TV images. And, because a whole screen TV image displays so poorly on my monitor, I'm strictly a PIP girl.

So, any help would be greatly appreciated. I've wanted to be able to do screen captures for a long time, so I guess that the time is now.

Edited to Ask: The time and the day of the next challenge will still be Thursday at 8:00 PM, won't they?

G

Posted by michel on 05-01-12 at 07:50 PM
LAST EDITED ON 05-01-12 AT 07:52 PM (EST)

The next challenge will be Thursday but, if not enough people have managed to print a screen cap by then, I will push this one to Monday and go with something simple this week.

When you press "PrintScreen" you do get the whole screen printed, not just an image in the middle of it. That is why I do Paint in two steps: First copy the whole screen and then more or less cut out the part I want. That's where the little rectangle in the top left of the Paint tool bar comes in handy.

For example, this is the first "printscreen" of FP's episode 10 SOTS:

I've only reduced it by 60% to fit in this page, Notice that I have the tool bars and extra stuff still in it and you can't read much.

If I do paint twice, I can get just what I want for less Kilobytes:

"I'm in trouble. "
Posted by jbug on 05-01-12 at 08:16 PM
LAST EDITED ON 05-01-12 AT 08:17 PM (EST)

but I will try.

Posted by Georjanna on 05-01-12 at 09:00 PM
I can do it!

If I press "Print Screen", open "Paint", press "Control V" to paste it in "Paint", and click "Copy To", then I can name it and it goes directly to Animation Shop as a .jpg image. And there I can resize it, crop it, put chocolate chip cookies and a motor scooter in it, etc ...

Hurray! And thank you, Michel.

G

Posted by michel on 05-01-12 at 09:50 PM
But now I want the cookies and the scooter! I guess I have to find out what animation shop is all about.

Posted by agman on 05-01-12 at 08:13 PM
I totally suck at screen captures. Usually Snidget and Tribe have saved my cute little a$$ when it comes to that. I'll try and teach myself how to do it by Thursday though. It looks like there are some directions up already.

Posted by michel on 05-01-12 at 08:57 PM
This is only for you guys to post your results! Imagine when you have to do the challenge first! Like Jbug sauid, I think we are all in trouble.

Posted by krismiss2us on 05-01-12 at 09:36 PM
ok...so is there a way to get a pic from paint and put it in here?

Posted by michel on 05-01-12 at 09:56 PM
You have to save it on your computer as a jpeg image first. Then, if it is less than 75Kb, you can upload it by using the "click here to upload your file" that appears just over the emotion icon short cuts above all your post.

(If it doesn't show up when you are printing a reply, then just preview your post and it will show up...I think)

Once you have uploaded the file, you copy its URL and paste it in your post. It will show as an image if you prevciew or post your message.

Posted by jbug on 05-01-12 at 09:53 PM
I was doing good till...
Uploading is done by by using the "click here to upload your file",

Where is this?
in paint somehwere?
or where I want to put it?

Posted by michel on 05-01-12 at 10:01 PM
No, it's a feature of this board. Press reply to open a new post then look above it to the 4 lines in red. You'll see the Upload file feature.

Posted by jbug on 05-01-12 at 10:03 PM
I found it.
now let's see

it wouldn't load; it was
95762 bytes

gotta reduce?

"again"
Posted by jbug on 05-01-12 at 10:18 PM

wow! It's me! what do you know?

I did it!
Only took an hour too!

"RE: again"
Posted by michel on 05-01-12 at 10:26 PM
Beautiful!

I mean the work...I have to be impartial; not like Jeff with Julie!

"RE: again"
Posted by jbug on 05-01-12 at 10:31 PM

that is a picture of me looking at my dad & laughing at something he said.
we were in a hospital waiting room waiting on one of his great grandsons & my great nephews arrival.
It is one of my most favorite pictures ever.

Posted by SpotTheDiffference on 05-01-12 at 11:57 PM
To anyone who's having trouble with screenshots--I use a program called MWSnap. It's a free download and it's proven safe so far. It allows you to select which part of the screen you want a screenshot of as opposed to using Print Screen, which automatically captures the whole desktop, and saving as a gif file is very easy.

"MICHAEL"
Posted by agman on 05-01-12 at 10:39 PM
LAST EDITED ON 05-01-12 AT 11:00 PM (EST)

Since you just said I can only post screen caps on this thread, I guess you don't want this for your game?

a size down

"Or a bit smaller"
Posted by agman on 05-01-12 at 10:45 PM

"RE: Or a bit smaller"
Posted by michel on 05-01-12 at 10:57 PM
Thank you!

I always forget to use the logos.

"or with a bit of color"
Posted by krismiss2us on 05-01-12 at 11:35 PM

"show off!"
Posted by jbug on 05-02-12 at 08:37 AM

Greek Islands by Tribey

"RE: MICHAEL"
Posted by suzzee on 05-02-12 at 09:33 AM
You got a logo, I've got an Immunity Idol. so there

Posted by jbug on 05-02-12 at 09:40 AM
Suzz, before you show off your fake immunity idol you're supposed to carve that hunk of wood into something that looks like an II.

Greek Islands by Tribey

"Here suzzer"
Posted by agman on 05-02-12 at 10:17 AM
I carved it for you!

"I'm impressed!"
Posted by jbug on 05-02-12 at 10:38 AM
that's some wood you got there!

show off!

Greek Islands by Tribey

"RE: Here suzzer"
Posted by SpotTheDiffference on 05-02-12 at 12:18 PM
Hmmm... Is this Trojan Horse a clue about how you're playing the game?

*RED FLASHING LIGHTS*

"just don't "
Posted by agman on 05-02-12 at 12:27 PM
LAST EDITED ON 05-02-12 AT 12:27 PM (EST)

ask too many questions young Spot....bwahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

Posted by suzzee on 05-02-12 at 10:28 AM
It's real, I bought it off a Burnett & Jiffy infomercial. Free shipping. I just had to give them my credit card number.

I think we need to watch our wording though, this is Greek Islands and talking about carved hunks of wood could lead some of us right down the gutter. And past Agman's vacation home. I have a toll bridge just past that. We split the profits with the troll. (*not Russell Hantz)

"Hey"
Posted by agman on 05-02-12 at 10:39 AM
You took off before I could give you the "secret" idol!

"RE: Hey"
Posted by suzzee on 05-02-12 at 09:40 PM
What? I didn't take off nothing. "secret" idol? Not anymore!! Bwahaha.

This is turning into the Greek Lodge already.

"YAY!"
Posted by suzzee on 05-02-12 at 09:43 PM
LAST EDITED ON 05-02-12 AT 09:43 PM (EST)

Too big for Kim's hiding place.
oh no, there goes the pg 13

"toe tappin"
Posted by jbug on 05-02-12 at 11:42 AM
would all you lazy players please go vote so Michel can get on with Tribal Council?
sheesh!

Greek Islands by Tribey

"The Votes Have Been Tallied:"
Posted by michel on 05-02-12 at 05:39 PM

First, what do you think of our new Tribal Council set? Thank you to set decorator Tribephyl for the design and I'm sorry that I didn't put it on display before.

So, the votes have been tallied and the two Survivors with the most votes will have to leave immediately. I will reveal the votes:

The following players received more than 1 vote:

Are you 5 getting nervous?

Did you expect to see your face up here?

In the end, the most votes went to:

and

You two have been eliminated from the game. Bring your torches over here so I can snuff them:

With that, you Doritos are down to 7. It looks like your "Best Before" date is approaching quickly while the Nachos still have a full bag.

With all your hard work and the help of some experts, I see no reason not to play the next challenge as scheduled so see you tomorrow at a little before 8:00 for the start of the new episode.

"velly intellesting...."
Posted by jbug on 05-02-12 at 09:32 PM
really really nice TC set.

As to the votes? really?
I voted, right?

Greek Islands by Tribey

"RE: velly intellesting...."
Posted by michel2 on 04-10-20 at 08:55 PM
Bump