URL: http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi
Forum: DCForumID9
Thread Number: 1406
[ Go back to previous page ]

Original Message
"Ariana Grande"

Posted by kingfish on 08-18-14 at 12:36 PM
Just because this girl has been mentioned so often this season but I had never heard of her, I recorded a show called "Sam and Kat" in which Ariana Grande plays Kat. I was curious. So I watched about 5 minutes of it last nite.

I hope she can sing, because her acting talent is non-existent. Admittedly this is a Nickelodeon show that apparently was never intended to be more than a basic time wasting adolescent romp incorporating idiotic teenage antics using scripts written by wanna-be/never gonna-be writers, still, it’s pretty pathetic. And she is especially pathetic.

She’s in good company though; whoever plays Sam is also more entertaining for her lack of talent than for the skill with which she delivers lines.

Table of contents

Messages in this discussion
"RE: Ariana Grande"
Posted by tribephyl on 08-18-14 at 04:17 PM
I had heard of her. Her song (can't recall the name but am currently humming inside my head) reminded me of something Gwen Stefani could have made and had asked if Gwen had a new song. The person I asked said no, it's Ariana Grande. Then I saw her perform on SNL (or maybe it was Ellen?)
The song is fun and now I hear it at every event I host.
Can't say as she is "talented", but many many many performers are circumstances of luck, timing and who you know and somehow she rode that wave of helpful hands to a Top10 hit.
I think the biggest difference between the siblings is that Frankie did it all on his own, Ariana had help and guidance at almost every crossroads she came to.