URL: http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi
Forum: DCForumID85
Thread Number: 140
[ Go back to previous page ]

Original Message
"04/24 Episode Discussion"

Posted by volsfan on 04-24-05 at 07:52 PM
We have two hours tonight! WOO and HOO! Let's talk about tonight's episodes here!

Table of contents

Messages in this discussion
"RE: 04/24 Episode Discussion"
Posted by ARnutz on 04-24-05 at 07:55 PM
Boy, I'll be tired after 2 hours!

Posted by volsfan on 04-24-05 at 08:01 PM
I know...it will be exhausting!

Also, SeeBS needs to learn how to do a recap...Sly just recapped the show to date in two mins and 30 secs!

Posted by FFantasyFX on 04-24-05 at 07:56 PM
It will be interesting to see if The Contender actually has a challenge that isn't completely laughable this week. They need to pick it up, a lot is at stake with the individual competitions.

Mmmm . . . I love The Contender's theme. *Hums along.

Posted by volsfan on 04-24-05 at 08:01 PM
I lvoe the theme too!

Posted by ARnutz on 04-24-05 at 08:01 PM
It is the best reality show theme song ever, huh?

I bet the challenge features the Toyota Tundra pickup.

Ahmed is back in!!!! Grrr...

Posted by volsfan on 04-24-05 at 08:04 PM
New banners and the team color is red!

Posted by volsfan on 04-24-05 at 08:06 PM
LAST EDITED ON 04-24-05 AT 08:07 PM (EST)

Yep, they (the boxers not MB) brought Ahmed back to get under Ishe's skin. However, at this time...he doesn't need Ahmed because Ishe is acting really strange.

Posted by ARnutz on 04-24-05 at 08:10 PM
They just have to try and edit him as an a$$ so those of us who are Ishe fans are OK with it if he goes home.

If you ask me, Jesse is the real a$$ of the bunch!

Ishe may be acting this way because he now knows Ahmed is coming back. He should be feeling betrayed by it because Ahmed is not the most deserving to come back.

Posted by volsfan on 04-24-05 at 08:11 PM
I agree with you on Ahmed but I am not an Ishe fan Sorry Nutz.

Posted by ARnutz on 04-24-05 at 08:18 PM
No biggie, I know not everyone is. I like Alfonso & Joey too.

Posted by FFantasyFX on 04-24-05 at 08:10 PM
Well, I think I would get a little upset as well if four of my remaining competitors were doing everything they could to get under my skin.

Supposedly, Ishe has been dissing them over the last few weeks. I'm not buying it. They just want to get one of the toughest remaining fighters psychologically imbalanced, and they seem to be doing a pretty good job so far.

Posted by ARnutz on 04-24-05 at 08:19 PM
Yep, they sure are doing a damn good job of it. They have good reason to feel he is the toughest competition, given his record.

Posted by volsfan on 04-24-05 at 08:15 PM
LAST EDITED ON 04-24-05 AT 08:17 PM (EST)

Sergio, Jessie, Joey and Ishe are the first four to advance to the next leg of the challenge. The first two to finish are in the final leg.

Jessie and Joey are in the final leg of the challenge.

Jessie will determine the next match as he wins the final leg of the race.

Posted by ARnutz on 04-24-05 at 08:20 PM
Gosh I really hate Jessie, with his immature frat boy mentality. Let's see how he handles his decision.

"Controversial Finish?"
Posted by FFantasyFX on 04-24-05 at 08:19 PM
Jesse completes leg two of the challenge with ease. Ishe & Joey are in a close competition for second. Ishe crosses the finish line first, but dropped one the medicine balls before he crossed the line. Very close call. At least half of Ishe's body was over the line, but I don't think his feet and legs were. I'd need to have the show recorded and rewind to see if I agree with the decision.

"Money Quote:"
Posted by FFantasyFX on 04-24-05 at 08:25 PM
Ishe: This is not going to be a tough fight tonight, a good fight, but not a tough fight. The Ahmed fight was harder.

Does anyone have any doubt what will happen next . . .

"RE: Money Quote:"
Posted by ARnutz on 04-24-05 at 08:30 PM
Yeah well... remember we aren't shown the whole fight. I sure hope they put the whole thing on the Yahoo! site after this so we can judge for ourselves, but if the producers want to cover anything up they won't.

Gosh, Jesse said he's not in shape for the fight. Did you see that so-called apology? How lame! He's gutless and he just did what he tried to accuse Ishe of doing over the fight with Ahmed.

Jesse's out of shape because he's been out drinking too much I bet!

Posted by FFantasyFX on 04-24-05 at 08:34 PM
I'm very interested to see how this fight is edited. I mean, in some respects, they've been cheating all along. They've pretty much made every fight seem close, even though some of them were laughers based on the score cards (Brinkley vs. Reid, Kaddour vs. Smith). But, they really can't hide fact that it's a split decision, and the natural inclination is to make the fight seem close. I don't think Burnett would purposely make the fight seem more lopsided than it really is.

Posted by ARnutz on 04-24-05 at 08:38 PM
You're right, for the dramatic effect they have shown all of the fights as being pretty close.

Posted by volsfan on 04-24-05 at 08:31 PM
WOW! One hour till fight and we are only half way through the show. I hope we get to see the entire fight!

Posted by ARnutz on 04-24-05 at 08:37 PM
Halfway through the first 1/2, remember it's two hours tonight.

Posted by volsfan on 04-24-05 at 08:39 PM
Yeah, but I was thinking more along the lines that they (the shows) were originally edited as two 1 hour episodes.

"Round 1"
Posted by volsfan on 04-24-05 at 08:42 PM
Sergio held his own! Impressive!

"Round 2"
Posted by volsfan on 04-24-05 at 08:43 PM
Ishe came back and landed a few shots. I give it to Ishe.

"Round 1"
Posted by FFantasyFX on 04-24-05 at 08:43 PM
Seems like a pretty close round overall. But, both corners (Ishe & Sergio's) seem to think that Ishe won the round.

"Round 3"
Posted by volsfan on 04-24-05 at 08:44 PM
Ishe has come out pounding! Ishe wins this round.

"RE: Round 3"
Posted by FFantasyFX on 04-24-05 at 08:46 PM
Heck, I'd score the fight 3 - 0 Ishe right now, although I can see how the first round was debatable.

"Round 4"
Posted by volsfan on 04-24-05 at 08:46 PM
Sergio comes out strong and lands a few shots to the head. Sergio is the aggressor this round from editing. I would give it to Sergio.

"Round 5"
Posted by volsfan on 04-24-05 at 08:48 PM
Ishe comes out strong. Sergio lands a few and Ishe is on the attack. Sergio fights back hard and lands a few punches. Ishe fights back. Sergio goes at Ishe and lands a few more...two to Ishe's head.

I would give that round to Sergio.

"RE: Round 5"
Posted by FFantasyFX on 04-24-05 at 08:51 PM
Mmmm . . . I guess they can leave out the fact that it was a split decision. Now, I really am suspicious. If any of those judges gave Sergio more than three rounds, I'll be first in line to buy them new glasses.

Posted by volsfan on 04-24-05 at 08:54 PM
Well, as you can see, I was with you. I gave Ishe the first three rounds and the last two to Sergio. But we did see an edited version!

Posted by ARnutz on 04-24-05 at 08:54 PM
Yep, they never said it was by unanimous decision like they usually do.

The way it was edited, it sure looked like Sergio won 3 rounds to Ishe's 2. I never saw a part where the audience could've booed or where Sergio was dragged back to his corner.

Posted by volsfan on 04-24-05 at 08:57 PM
I would have given Ishe a 3-2 win. I was impresed that Sergio came out strong in the first round but I would have given the round to Ishe.

Posted by ARnutz on 04-24-05 at 08:59 PM
Interesting, I would've favored Sergio in the first round. It seems now we know why the judges may have had a non-unanimous decision. I don't usually watch the entire fight on Yahoo! but I think with this one I might.

Posted by volsfan on 04-24-05 at 09:03 PM
hehehehe! Isn't it funny how we can watch the exact samething but see it differently!

I may watch the whole fight too and I normally don't either.

Posted by FFantasyFX on 04-24-05 at 09:08 PM
Hah! I bet Ishe wishes he would have had the wonderful trio of vols, ARnutz, and FFFX judging: 3-2, 3-2, 2-3 razor thin split decision for Ishe. I really think Ishe was more dominant then we saw in the first round. Ishe's trainer told him that he won the round, Sergio's trainer dodged the question.

Posted by volsfan on 04-24-05 at 09:10 PM
HEHEHE! I bet he does!

I did catch the trainer dodging the question.

Posted by ARnutz on 04-24-05 at 09:10 PM
That's funny!

Sergio's trainer was better, IMO, for motivation. That other guy, not so good. (I think he was the east trainer before.)

Posted by Wassail99 on 04-24-05 at 08:54 PM
Did anyone else catch Sergio's trainer telling Ahmed to shut up? That was funny.

And, what happened to Ishe when he fell down? Did he get hurt? Did I not see something right?

Posted by ARnutz on 04-24-05 at 08:56 PM
Welcome! I didn't catch those things. It seems to go so fast it's hard to see the little details.

Posted by FFantasyFX on 04-24-05 at 08:58 PM
I did see Ishe down on the canvas, but I have no idea how he ended up there. It certainly wasn't a knockdown. Hopefully someone has got it taped and maybe can see what was up after this next episode is over.

Mmm . . . a double dose of the theme song. *pumps up volume.

Posted by ARnutz on 04-24-05 at 09:06 PM
*snort* Yeah usually we wouldn't get the theme song twice with the two hour thing.

Ohmigawd!!! I didn't miss Ahmed at all. I am barfing about his gushing all over his own self like that. I can't believe a guy could be so friggin' vain!

He's talkin' sh!t about Alfonso, saying he's flabby, while the other fighters say Alfonso is in the best shape ever.

"Ahmed"
Posted by FFantasyFX on 04-24-05 at 09:14 PM
Actually, I think the scene between Ahmed & Sergio was a feeble attempt at redemption . . . and I kinda fell for it! I really don't think I can truly hate any one of these guys - they are just so unDAWlike.

"RE: Ahmed"
Posted by ARnutz on 04-24-05 at 09:16 PM
That was a great scene, but then Ahmed was well... Ahmed again!

Posted by Wassail99 on 04-24-05 at 09:07 PM
Yes, it was like he fell after the bell rang. He didn't get punched or anything, I don't know what happened.

In the corner, the trainer was trying to pump up Sergio and Ahmed was also trying to pump him up and the trainer abruptly looked at Ahmed and said Shut up Ahmed! He really wasn't doing anything wrong it was just too many people talking to Sergio at the same time. Ahmed tickles me, he is funny. I do like him. I like all the guys so much I find it hard not to cry after every fight because I hate to see any of them lose. (Yes, I'm a girl!). Knowing their life stories and getting attached makes it harder to watch them lose.

Posted by Superbad on 04-25-05 at 01:08 AM
"I find it hard not to cry after every fight because I hate to see any of them lose. (Yes, I'm a girl!)."

Hey, don't worry. Many of us guys in here have admitted to shedding some tears, as well...

This series hits right at the heart.

Posted by Wassail99 on 04-25-05 at 04:18 AM
Thanks, that made me feel better. At least I'm not the only one!

"Can you just imagine?"
Posted by volsfan on 04-24-05 at 09:09 PM
Cruising down the 501 with Sly driving and being the back seat? Sergio and Alfonso must have felt unbelievable! I lvoe to see these guys with the rewards!

"RE: Can you just imagine?"
Posted by ARnutz on 04-24-05 at 09:12 PM
Ahmed is pissed that Sergio didn't choose him! What a friggin' moron! Doesn't he think the others may have bonded while he was gone???

LOL at Alfonso making fun of those golf clothes!

"Say what you want about Jesse"
Posted by volsfan on 04-24-05 at 09:19 PM
LAST EDITED ON 04-24-05 AT 09:20 PM (EST)

But he is very strong and pulls his weight in these individual challenges.

ETA: Just as I post this he quits...BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

"Challenge Results"
Posted by FFantasyFX on 04-24-05 at 09:22 PM
Joey throws the challenge. He could have easily won (and everyone saw that he could have easily won), but he stops and lets Peter have the car and the matchmaking ability.

"RE: Challenge Results"
Posted by volsfan on 04-24-05 at 09:27 PM
I don't know that Peter would have beaten Jesse had he not quit.

"RE: Say what you want about Jesse"
Posted by ARnutz on 04-24-05 at 09:22 PM
Joey & his dad looked so cute in pink, huh? *snort*

That was so nice of him to let Peter have the truck! Very cool.

"It has to be said . . ."
Posted by FFantasyFX on 04-24-05 at 09:39 PM
LAST EDITED ON 04-24-05 AT 10:44 PM (EST)

I was saving this for a potential summary (ahem . . . Bebo, check the summary sign-up thread), but I can't hold back any longer.

Joey = Little Mac (star of Nintendo's Punch-Out!! videogame)

They look the same, they're both underdogs, and now Joey has worn pink (Little Mac wears a pink jumpsuit when jogging past the Statue of Liberty).

Edit:

Seperated at birth, no?

"Interesting Combinations . . ."
Posted by FFantasyFX on 04-24-05 at 09:33 PM
Peter chooses Ahmed & Alfonso. I see no rhyme and reason behind this decision. Well, I suppose he wants to two tough fighters going head to head, but I don't think Ahmed is that tough. Peter should have chosen a weak fighter for himself, perhaps even Anthony. Peter doesn't pick Joey to fight - it would have been a great sop had he matched him up against Anthony.

"RE: Interesting Combinations . . ."
Posted by ARnutz on 04-24-05 at 09:36 PM
Ok so maybe Sergio is justified, but maybe Joey didn't give Peter the truck for those reasons?

I think these guys are already figured out who will fight whom in the 2nd round. Peter said he didn't want to fight Joey now after he just gave him the truck, does that mean he already picked him as the one? That means the other semifinal matchup will be Jess & Anthony.

Posted by volsfan on 04-24-05 at 09:39 PM
Yeah, I agree in that the second round has been decided by the players all ready.

BTW...WTF was Ahmed wearing? A komono?

Posted by ARnutz on 04-24-05 at 09:41 PM
LOL, I missed that. Must've been typing.

Posted by volsfan on 04-24-05 at 09:42 PM
And...who is the eye candy sitting beside Ahmed's eye candy?

Posted by ARnutz on 04-24-05 at 09:58 PM
Ahmed's eye candy? Nah... she isn't.

Next to her? Oooh yeah baby!

Posted by volsfan on 04-24-05 at 09:46 PM
Alfonso is kicking ass and taking names!

"Alfonso vs. Ahmed"
Posted by FFantasyFX on 04-24-05 at 09:50 PM
A massacre. Alfonso wins. I'm sure most scorecards had the fight 5 - 0 or 4 - 1 at most.

"I.HEART.ALFONSO!"
Posted by volsfan on 04-24-05 at 09:50 PM
What heart and determination.

Wasn't the rumor that Alfonso got injured? Other than the eye, I don't see the injury...did anyone catch it?

"RE: I.HEART.ALFONSO!"
Posted by ARnutz on 04-24-05 at 09:53 PM
Yeah!!! Alfonso!

Did you see Jesse cheering for Ahmed to lose? This totally proves that they voted Ahmed back in just as a toy. They had every intention of getting rid of him as soon as he served their purpose and got in Ishe's head enough to get him out of the competition!

Posted by FFantasyFX on 04-24-05 at 09:55 PM
I thought the rumor was that Alfonso got injured during the semifinal round. Given his performances so far, that might be the only way someone beats him.

Posted by volsfan on 04-24-05 at 09:56 PM
You may be right he gets hurt in the semi's. I agree...it may be the only way someone beats him.

Posted by ARnutz on 04-24-05 at 09:57 PM
Oh, then that would be the next round. Doesn't the show description for next week talk about injuries?

Posted by volsfan on 04-24-05 at 09:59 PM
I am off to find the show description for next week. Prolly on page 4 as quickly as now threads get started around here!

Posted by ARnutz on 04-24-05 at 10:07 PM
Nah, it's only on p. 2

It does say something about an injury. I won't say it here, others can find it themselves if they want to know.

Posted by Wassail99 on 04-24-05 at 10:00 PM
LAST EDITED ON 04-24-05 AT 10:10 PM (EST)

I heard (read) somewhere also that Alfonso got hurt. Every time he got hit I was thinking this is it, but he looks ok. I'm with what the other person said. An injury may be the only way to take him out.

Could anyone see who Joey is fighting next week? They showed the two in the ring for a split second. It looked like Peter. They had American flag boxers on.

Also, I kind of liked their new short outfits instead of the hooded robes.

"Ahmed loses..."
Posted by volsfan on 04-24-05 at 09:52 PM
again!

I wonder if Sly can find a way to bring him back in the round of four?

"RE: Ahmed loses..."
Posted by ARnutz on 04-24-05 at 09:55 PM
I don't know man, if Anthony's really hurt, they may need a replacement for him!

Ahhh... screw it! Let's just bring them all back to give them all another chance.

Oooh! Joey fights next week, I wonder who he'll go up against. Did anyone see who it was?

Posted by volsfan on 04-24-05 at 09:57 PM
Wasn't it Peter?

Posted by ARnutz on 04-24-05 at 10:00 PM
It looked like him, but I didn't get a really good look.

Posted by FFantasyFX on 04-24-05 at 09:59 PM
Manfredo. Joey vs. Peter next week. Jesse gets limpy Anthony the week after.

Posted by ARnutz on 04-24-05 at 10:01 PM
Was it just me or did the preview seem to imply another underdog win for Joey? Of course, we can never trust the previews.

Posted by finalround on 04-24-05 at 10:14 PM
I bet Joey fights Anthony who is injured (hamstring).
Remember they fight every 3 days. They keep saying how his dad was in Afghanistan, and he cries. Let's be real. His dad is a flight surgeon. Not one doctor died in this war or even wounded. Not one doctor died in Desert Storm. There has not been a physician death in US combat in decades!
Stop playing the Marine Sympathy Card!

Posted by SheilaP on 04-24-05 at 10:27 PM
I agree that I think Joey fights Anthony next week, but how could you accuse someone of playing the "Marine Sympathy Card"? I think it is very disrespectful to people who have families out there serving in the military, regardless of the physician death rate Joey's father is still serving our country and helping our soldiers, he should be given a little more respect than that.

Posted by volsfan on 04-24-05 at 10:30 PM
I think he fights Manfredo.

Posted by Wassail99 on 04-24-05 at 10:04 PM
Here is next week's description from TVGuide.com

"Six contenders remain, and one of them will be in the hospital after the fight. Before the fight: a speed-bag race."

Posted by FFantasyFX on 04-24-05 at 10:08 PM

Now I do want an upset next round. Incredibly unlikely though, unless we're bringing back one or two or ten boxers over the next five weeks.

Posted by SheilaP on 04-24-05 at 10:14 PM
Could it possibly be Anthony that is sent to the hospital after the fight? He already has a bad hamstring.

Posted by volsfan on 04-24-05 at 10:26 PM
Looked like Manfredo to me.

Posted by vcugreg on 04-24-05 at 10:34 PM
after the alfonso fight i slowed down the tv using the dvr from comcast and joey is fighting peter next week. if you slow it down enough at the end you can clearly see the banner with peters name on it! hope peter beats joey!

peter v. joey

Posted by volsfan on 04-24-05 at 10:35 PM
Welcome VCU and thanks!

Posted by vcugreg on 04-24-05 at 10:38 PM
no prob. i was so hyped up for next week i just had to know who was gonna fight. sad that the preview made it look like joey would win. booo that.

Posted by volsfan on 04-24-05 at 10:40 PM
Kewl

Posted by JayT on 04-24-05 at 10:40 PM
Are you kidding? Who doesn't want to see Peter loss to anybody???? That way on winners (of this show) will remain, as it should be. Besides I love the underdogs!

"Let's keep the discussion here"
Posted by Bebo on 04-24-05 at 11:20 PM
Folks, on show night, we try to keep the discussion condensed to one thread so that people on all coasts can come to the forums.

And a guidelines reminder: Since there is not a separate spoilers forum, it is important that no threads divulge spoiler information in either the title or the first 200 characters of the post. Repeated violation of this guideline can lead to the termination of your account.

"RE: Let's keep the discussion here"
Posted by Master B on 04-24-05 at 11:54 PM
if someone hurt again... lets replace with Ishe!!!!!

"RE: Let's keep the discussion here"
Posted by Superbad on 04-25-05 at 01:14 AM
Thank you, Bebo!

Posted by pdaj on 04-30-05 at 05:09 PM
Sergio weighs in on his victory:

http://sergiomoraboxing.com/fights.html

SERGIO "THE LATIN SNAKE" MORA vs. ISHE "SUGAR SHAY" SMITH
Post Fight Comments - April 25, 2005

Making it to the final eight was amazing. Winning the Toyota Tundra in Las Vegas was a blessing. I thank God for that...Toyota and NBC. Exactly in that order. LOL.

It was great to go to Vegas. Flying there in a private jet with Sylvester Stallone and Sugar Ray Leonard eating lobster, talking boxing was a dream. Getting treated like true Roman gladiators at Caesars Palace was unbelievable! Overall, that was maybe one of the best moments of my life. Coming back from a dream to reality was the hard part. No more playing around in Vegas. Time to fight! I just didn't expect it to be Ishe. Not yet, at least...

Check out the link to read the rest!