URL: http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi
Forum: DCForumID91
Thread Number: 1397
[ Go back to previous page ]

Original Message
"The SO chat room has arrived!"

Posted by Cygnus X1 on 04-25-06 at 11:31 PM
LAST EDITED ON 04-25-06 AT 11:43 PM (EST)

All praise and thanks be to Webby (the board owner)!

There is now an SO chat room for your use. Click on "Live Chat" in the blue column to the left. When prompted to log in, use your user ID. After you're signed on, click "rooms" and select Starting Over. Click the User tab to see who's in. And the Help key will be your friend.

Just remember to use the return key for chatting; don't hit the logout button unless you intend to leave!

This would be the forum in which to solicit folks to chat at a certain time.

NOTE: you must have Javascript enabled to use the chat system.

Also: All guidelines regarding posting in the forums also apply to the chat (no bashing of posters, etc.). Please let us know of any problems to this end.

Enjoy!

Better than I deserve. So's this sig by tribephyl.

Table of contents

Messages in this discussion
"RE: The SO chat room has arrived!"
Posted by shawnar on 04-27-06 at 06:42 PM
I guess people aren't intrested. I have been there several times and no one else is ever in there.

Posted by alaholly on 04-27-06 at 07:29 PM
It would probably help to have certain set times so people know when to show up.

Posted by sharnina on 04-27-06 at 08:22 PM
Okay, how about Monday, 5pm Pacific time?

Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself.
Each day has enough trouble of its own. Matthew 6:34

Posted by SeasonedRefinement on 04-27-06 at 09:30 PM
Yep, I just checked in - no one else is there. I'll keep checking back between posts.

With the amount of posting on this board, I think it will be great once people get used to using it.

Thanks to the powers that be!

Posted by sharnina on 04-27-06 at 10:29 PM
I'm there now logged in and ready to CHAT.

Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself.
Each day has enough trouble of its own. Matthew 6:34

Posted by mysticwolf on 04-27-06 at 10:12 PM
And a head's up so you don't get freaked. There is sometimes a delay between when peeps leave and when chat reports their leaving. It can occasionally be a longer period than one would expect. Sometimes someone will accidently get booted and log back on before it shows up.

So, if you see that someone you didn't know was there just left, or if someone you're still chatting with leaves - but is obviously still there, no worries. We call them "ghosts".

An Arkie curious cub blogging's scary

Posted by Cygnus X1 on 04-27-06 at 10:42 PM
If you want to have an ad hoc chat, you can always post a thread to that effect. Gotta let folks know you're in there.

Better than I deserve. So's this sig by tribephyl.

Posted by shawnar on 04-28-06 at 07:33 PM
any one available?

"Calling for a chat"
Posted by Cygnus X1 on 04-29-06 at 12:06 PM
LAST EDITED ON 04-29-06 AT 12:07 PM (EST)

I know we're not going to want to have dozens of threads calling for chats. Perhaps for now, we could try putting these requests in Sharnina's thread, which would by definition bump said thread. If that doesn't seem to work, we could try something else. It'd probably be best only to reply to her initial post (no need to go all the way across the page).

A few of us were in there late Thursday night, and the chat went well.

ETA: A reminder that Sharnina has called a chat for this Monday night (5/1) at 5 PM Pacific, 8 PM Eastern time.