URL: http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi
Forum: DCForumID91
Thread Number: 1392
[ Go back to previous page ]

Original Message
"Dr. Stan made me cry"

Posted by standinmytruth on 04-24-06 at 09:49 PM
He's comments at Kim's graduation were so thoughtful and moving. After Rhonda said for the millionest time, "you have truly started over." (it has NO meaning at this point!)Dr Stan got up there and talked from his heart.

He is the reason I still watch.

Table of contents

Messages in this discussion
"RE: Dr. Stan made me cry"
Posted by SeasonedRefinement on 04-24-06 at 10:44 PM
I'm with you on this one, SIMT.

A moment of honest emotion...it really stuck out, didn't it? I've said it before and I'll say it again - Dr. Stan's daughters are fortunate young women.

The nicest thing about Dr.Stan's speech was the affect it seemed to have on Kim. She was obviously moved by his vulnerability and she even spoke about it in the confessional afterwards.

What a different woman she would have been if she was raised by a loving, healthy, supportive father.

Posted by msbehavin on 04-25-06 at 00:15 AM
>The nicest thing about Dr.Stan's speech was the affect it seemed to have on Kim. She was obviously moved by his vulnerability and she even spoke about it in the confessional afterwards.<

I agree- it seemed to really have an impact on her that Dr. Stan could care so much. I'm glad that she has that moment to take with her.

It makes me so sad for her that she never got even a smidge of that kind of loving compassion from her housemates.

Posted by sedonajade on 04-25-06 at 02:30 AM
I'm surprised more people haven't commented on this thread. The last few minutes of SO with Dr. Stan made yet another repetitive graduation ceremony truly authentic and moving. Yeah - I had to go redo my eye make-up.

Posted by sharnina on 04-25-06 at 03:02 AM
This was me at the end of the show.

And then when I looked at the clock and realized I would have to watch more tomorrow, ah, well let's just say I really turned on the water works - I put Jodi to shame.

Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself.
Each day has enough trouble of its own. Matthew 6:34

Posted by LiveLove on 04-25-06 at 08:24 AM
What a moving moment on the SO show. Dr. Stan is a geninue man. Remember a while back when he had mentioned in an article or interview that something is going to happen in the SO house that has never happened? I wonder if that was it? Him crying and getting so choked up.

Very touching. Very moving.

Posted by standinmytruth on 04-25-06 at 03:03 PM
>What a moving moment on the
>SO show. Dr. Stan
>is a geninue man.
>Remember a while back when
>he had mentioned in an
>article or interview that something
>is going to happen in
>the SO house that has
>never happened? I wonder
>if that was it?
>Him crying and getting so
>choked up.
>
>Very touching. Very moving.

i think he actally meant having a mother move in.

Posted by Zephyr on 04-25-06 at 04:08 PM
I was thrilled to see him so excited to be the object of Kim's crush! If he only knew how many of us feel the same.

>something
>is going to happen in
>the SO house that has
>never happened? I wonder
>if that was it?
>Him crying and getting so
>choked up.

Dr. Stan got very choked up at Josie's graduation, and subsequently has commented occasionally, "Those of you who know me know how emotional I can get". What a sweetie.

And to answer the poster who wondered if he has daughters (in the locked thread), yes, and two of them were on the show last year. Lovely girls. He has five children in all. Super Dad!

Z

Posted by petmama on 04-25-06 at 06:33 PM
Nothing wrong with Dr Stan's crying. It was his comment about never before having experienced any situation like KIM's that's got me wondering. Child abuse is all too commion. And some have said that others have had worse childhoods than Kim. Dave Pelzer and Stormie Omartian come to mind. In all his years as a therapist, has Dr Stan never dealt with other child abuse victims.

Posted by Twinkles on 04-26-06 at 07:27 AM
"It was his comment about never before having experienced any situation like KIM's that's got me wondering. "

He paused after that but then added "in the Starting Over house".
It sounded weird to me, too. I watched that part a couple of times because I thought it would be unusual for just the reason you said.

Posted by mthome on 04-26-06 at 02:08 PM
Do you think that we (the viewers) really get to know ALL of what Dr. Stan hears from the house guests? He also made the comment about that "and I do know your history"... I think there's a lot that we do not know!

Posted by ChristinaJB on 04-26-06 at 09:49 AM
LAST EDITED ON 04-26-06 AT 09:50 AM (EST)

I'm with you Sharnina, I was crying so hard I made audible noises...that's never good, is it?
;o)

What a great man Dr. Stan is. I agree with another poster - I think ratings would SOAR if he was given more time with the HG on camera...unbutton his shirt down a little, mess his hair..dim the lights...Oh, but I digress...
Wink!

hahaha!

Seriously though, what a great man. You know what makes him so attractive? Not just the kindness, but the fact that he IS married and has children - I love to see men that are happily married and secure. It's just really raises my respect for a man.

Posted by GoodnightLittleBear on 04-25-06 at 10:41 AM
I wish we could see more of Dr Stan interacting with the HGs instead of those 2 bogus LCs. IMO, that would probably bring the ratings up.

Posted by alaholly on 04-25-06 at 11:22 AM
The best thing about Stan is that he is actually real. He is calm, reasonable, professional...no drama and "look at me" theatrics. Just a down to earth guy who listens and appears to really care.

Other than the occasional bright velvet jackets and huge turtlenecks he seems to have not let Starting Over make him behave like he's on television.

Posted by standinmytruth on 04-25-06 at 03:05 PM
amen

Posted by kawyar on 04-25-06 at 11:20 AM
Dr. Stan in champion, he is. *sniff, dabs at eyes*

Posted by eire_heart74 on 04-25-06 at 11:37 AM
>He is the reason I still
>watch.

Ditto to that! He's a true class act and anyone that is lucky enough to know him is truely lucky to have him in their life in some way.

Posted by standinmytruth on 04-25-06 at 03:07 PM
it's amazing how many different types of issues he understands and gets to the root of. wish he had his own show instead of dr. phil

Posted by whistlin_dixie on 04-25-06 at 03:38 PM
Amen. Stan's the Man!

Beauty fades...Dumb is forever

Posted by pookieman on 04-25-06 at 04:40 PM
Dr. Stan had a lot of good advice for Kim. Unfortunately, she probably won't take it to heart. She is so selfish and self-centered, even though she claims to care about others. Thank God she finally graduated. Good riddance. What a shame the way she made Kelly's graduation all about Kim. Typical. Now, if we can only get rid of Toadie. Let her graduate already. I can't take any more of her crying jags. Dr. Stan rules!

Posted by SeasonedRefinement on 04-25-06 at 06:15 PM
LOL, Zephyr...I noticed the same thing. Dr. Stan was defintely flattered by Kim's admission of a schoolgirl crush.

Mrs. "Dr. Stan", whoever she may be, must be a pretty special person too. She married a winner. I would imagine that kind of doctor-patient bonding can be difficult to deal with at times - especially when the woman with the crush looks like Kim.

Posted by GoodnightLittleBear on 04-25-06 at 07:14 PM
I'm sure Mrs Dr Stan also got as creeped out as we did over Allison's gushing about his hands. She is definitely a trouper!

Posted by alaholly on 04-25-06 at 08:02 PM
Actually those "crushes" creep me out a little. I love Dr. Stan as a man and a therapist and even a father figure but as a date...no way. It's not an age thing either. It's the idea of lusting after an unattainable person in a position of authority. He's their therapist (and a married one at that) not a potential date. And Allison's obsession with his hands was really creepy not to mention inappropriate and somewhat disrespectful. He tried to be a good sport but EEWWWWW.

Posted by sharnina on 04-25-06 at 08:43 PM
I have a feeling that all of that talk was pretty light-hearted. He seemed to understand that it was all in fun and that the women admire him as a man and appreciate the gentleness they receive from him.

I have a great husband. When my mom first met him she said I should scrape under his nails and send it to her she could get him cloned. We had a good laugh about that. It was a fun way to express how much she liked him. Nothing creepy about that.

He spends considerably more time with them than your average therapist so I would guess that they all develop an easiness with him and vice versa.

Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself.
Each day has enough trouble of its own. Matthew 6:34

Posted by redheaded1 on 04-25-06 at 09:08 PM
I truly love watching Dr Stan, he seems to be a good Psychologist, a kind and gentle man. But I have to remind everyone that he is one of the people who testified that Michael Jackson was probably NOT a child molester. He said something to the effect that Michael's mind was like that of a young boy and his bahavior was the same curious behavior of any other young boy.

"Life's big problems include the words indictment or inoperable, the rest is small stuff"

Posted by GoodnightLittleBear on 04-26-06 at 10:32 AM
LAST EDITED ON 04-26-06 AT 10:38 AM (EST)

When Allison made the remark about his hands during her graduation, it was really strange. He smiled but he looked rather uncomfortable. She was gushing like a school girl with a crush on her teacher. As clingy and needy as Allison was, I wouldn't be surprised if she was calling him at home. I am sure Dr Stan has come across women like this and for a while, he wasn't coming around very much. Maybe it was due to other engagements or may be it was to separate himself from some of these women.

Posted by sedonajade on 04-25-06 at 11:22 PM
Having a crush on someone unattainable is the perfect scenario. The fantasy is usually far superior to the reality and that makes it all the more fun. I'm all for lusting in the abstract -- with Dr. Stan, especially!

Posted by alaholly on 04-25-06 at 11:57 PM
Yes, ya gotta love the fantasy.

But Dr. Stan?!? No thanks!

"RE: Dr. Stan made me hot??"
Posted by PanchoVilla on 04-26-06 at 01:20 PM
Ewww, he needs to get his teeth fixed. Plus usually doctors are great with their patients and lousy with their families. I bet his a bore at home.