URL: http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi
Forum: DCForumID47
Thread Number: 139
[ Go back to previous page ]

Original Message
"Ding dong Old Linda's gone"

Posted by StarryLuna on 11-10-03 at 10:04 PM
So glad he finally got rid of her. I feel bad for Cat for the way the other girls are treating her, maybe with Old Linda gone, the other girls will lighten up.

Is this chicken that I have, or fish?

Table of contents

Messages in this discussion
"RE: Ding dong Old Linda's gone"
Posted by volmel on 11-10-03 at 10:12 PM
Olinda is 27 years old my a$$

Posted by vilkas88 on 11-10-03 at 11:30 PM
this week's double header ended with no surprise. Olinda deserved to be kicked out. as David put it - 'Olinda and I are in 2 different worlds' - kinda makes me think this was all producer's'setup. and listen to this - next time they will re-introduce formerly eliminated girl. come on!

i can see why filming crew liked Olinda's controvertial character - she was the most direct and outspoken in front of the camera, and her english is quite good - must have lived in U.S. .all that bitchy talk makes the show bit more intersting. Olinda clearly has been "the longest-on-tape-recorded-insider". she clearly did not care much about being eliminated, however kept pouring some oil into the fire - while others had butterflies in their stomachs. i think there must have been some deal between producers and David to keep Olinda in Final 4 in exchange for bringing a contestant that was unfortunately bumped by Olinda's deal...

My guess - next week - we'll see Giada back - and not Linda. our Joe liked them both - however - Linda in David's eyes 'gave me the boot'. While - Giada -- 1) proactively was interested in David and 2) she is Italian - it would have been easier for Paul&Co. to get her back logistically than anyone else. yes, Alissia could be back for the same reason - however - i doubt that our Joe is looking for a dramatically expressive woman.

Posted by Tiger Lily on 11-11-03 at 02:15 AM
<we'll see Giada back - and not Linda. our Joe liked them both - however - Linda in David's eyes 'gave me the boot'>
But on the other side of the coin, would a girl who got booted by David even want to come back? (assuming she gets a choice, which I don't know.) Plus, ratings-wise, Giada was kind of a boring character, while Linda was the girl David really liked, and would make for a more fairy-tale ending.

Good point about Olinda. While she was a total b!tch, she was definitely entertaining, and added a lot to the Cat storyline. I wonder if they did make some kind of deal about her; she didn't seem all that surprised or upset at being eliminated tonight, and quite honestly, I was expecting her to be booted after making fun of David for saying grace on their group date several episodes ago.

Another thing to ponder about Olinda-- I didn't think much of this until after she had said it 3 or 4 different times, but did anyone notice she kept talking about "the diamond ring"? It sort of made me start to wonder. Olinda's obviously very hip to a lot of American things, like you said. Her english is very good, etc. She wasn't disappointed to get booted, even though she kept saying how much she like David. And she kept saying it like that- the diamond ring. Do you think maybe Olinda knew about the money being fake? Just a thought, but all those little things about her and the way she kept saying it- like a diamond ring was a given- made me wonder if she might have seen the first JM (when Zora was given the ring at the end), and gotten on the show anyway.

Oh yeah. And welcome to the forums! Glad to have you with us, vilkas.

Woah. I didn't mean to write a novel there.

Posted by Angelfood on 11-11-03 at 09:06 AM
huh, hadn't thought about that.
I think that maybe the producers told them he might propose and give them a diamond ring. Then she'd probably keep the ring and break it off later.
I'm sure that she was mad at missing out on that Diamond last night!

Posted by wolfshead on 11-11-03 at 09:38 PM
her english
>is quite good - must
>have lived in U.S.
I'm amused by the idea that Olinda "must have lived in U.S." in order to speak English! Most Swedes are bilingual, learning English at school. Also, had it occurred to you that she might have lived in some other English-speaking country - England perhaps? Take off the American blinkers vilkas88. America is NOT the place to learn English. Xenophobia strikes again!

Posted by vilkas88 on 11-11-03 at 10:09 PM
oh, please!

i have lived in Sweden myself, and to your knowledge most swedes jokingly refer to their english as 'swenglish'. it's not exactly swedish chef mumbling however - it is very very far from 'direct', 'on the money' American english 'straight talk' -- the kind Olinda exhibited. i believe Olinda when she said she was very shy in her childhood. that's just a given cultural circumstance in that country.

and besides - you maybe surprised but most of the europeans are at least bilingual -- in sweden most people are at least TRILINGUAL.

the point i am making - in no way, would this swedish rebel be what she is, had she not lived in US - where most likely she acquired the new ways to use the school english. i'll stop here.

vilkas

Posted by wolfshead on 11-12-03 at 04:15 PM
Well done. You just proved my point. BTW, I AM European.

Posted by vilkas88 on 11-12-03 at 10:31 PM
so am i

Posted by Ricky on 11-18-03 at 09:59 AM
I think you mentioned that most people in Sweeden are Tri-lingual. Pardon my ignorance, but what three languages do Swedes usually learn. Just curious.

Thanks
Ricky

Posted by mistofleas on 11-11-03 at 10:29 AM
Olinda is 27 years old my a$$

ROTFL! That's exactly what I thought!

Though I will admit she looked damn fine in that gladiator outfit. But then again so did David.

I can't belive I watch this show. I'm so ashamed.
*hangs head while sneaking peaks at the TV*

--is seeking therapy

"gladiators"
Posted by PogoSchtick on 11-12-03 at 01:44 PM

>Though I will admit she looked
>damn fine in that gladiator
>outfit.

Funny, I thought she looked exactly like the blond arch-nemisis in "Xena: Warrior Princess".

Now, had they dressed them as American Gladiators, I would have been really impressed. I miss Ice.

"Finally!"
Posted by Tiger Lily on 11-10-03 at 11:11 PM
She was so b!tchy, especially to Cat. (Except when she was with David- too bad he didn't get to see what she looked and acted like when he wasn't around. Maybe he would have gotten rid of her sooner.)

I really like Cat, though. She's my favorite thus far.

But I wanted to see Giada explode, dammit! What a gyp.

Sentence first. Verdict afterwards.

"RE: Finally!"
Posted by StarryLuna on 11-11-03 at 06:47 AM
But I wanted to see Giada explode, dammit! What a gyp. heh heh. After she realized she was eliminated, I kept saying "Blow! Blow! Dammit, blow up!"

Is this chicken that I have, or fish?

Posted by buckeyegirl on 11-11-03 at 09:26 AM

I was also disappointed when she didn't blow! There was so much hype on that, I don't know why I actually expected it to *actually* happen...and I think that Linda is more likely to come back the Giada. As someone (Tiger Lily?) mentioned earlier, it's much more fairy tale like, and why else would they keep in that crap about all the girls mentioning her name every 5 mintues?

~can't wait to write her summary on part one...

Posted by Bebo on 11-11-03 at 10:23 AM
After she realized she was eliminated, I kept saying "Blow! Blow! Dammit, blow up!"

Bebo.heart.Luna.

Mr. B caught me watching the show this week. After one glance at Olinda, his first words were, "She's had work done."

And as she was packing and rambling on and on, he said, "Oh, just leave."

I'm quoting other people this week because y'all just summed it up so well.

We really do have guidelines here. Believe it or not, the Guidelines make things more fun. Really.

Posted by Loree on 11-11-03 at 11:14 AM
I am going to miss Olinda. She was entertaining. We knew she wouldn't win. But she was fun to watch.

Posted by badger on 11-11-03 at 07:06 PM
ok, i'll admit. i was secretly hoping olinda would be picked, just so i could see her face when david had to tell her about his "real" financial status.

"she's not a golddigger," he said. uhhhhhhh, hello?!?!?!?!?

Posted by StarryLuna on 11-11-03 at 09:21 PM
"she's not a golddigger," he said. uhhhhhhh, hello?!?!?!?!?
For real! Because every girl should have 365 euro sunglasses when they're scoping out their next victim...um, love interest...

Luna.heart.Bebo

"sunglasses"
Posted by Angelfood on 11-11-03 at 10:47 PM
btw, I was watching my tape on close captioned (so I can do my summary), and when they censored her telling another girl the brand of the glasses, the captioning said "Christian Dior".
In case anyone wants a pair.
Snort snort.

"RE: sunglasses"
Posted by vilkas88 on 11-11-03 at 11:10 PM
funny!! though, i wouldn;t rely on that too much. i watched episode 1 with captions, when Paul lectures about the european capitals and says: 'holland - capital Amsterdam' and i could not believe it: captions said 'capital is the Hague'!!

"RE: sunglasses"
Posted by StarryLuna on 11-12-03 at 06:44 AM
This show is weird when it comes to captioning. When I was writing my summary, I had them on and when David chose Linda and was putting the necklace on her, he said that he took extra time with Linda. Then he was silent, but the captioning showed him saying he noticed Linda had a tattoo. I know there are other eps where the captioning showed someone saying something that was edited out.

Off to Christian Dior to laugh at people buying 365 euro sunglasses.

Posted by Bri Guy on 11-13-03 at 01:44 PM
>I am going to miss Olinda.

Don't you mean you are SOOOO going to miss Olinda??