URL: http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi
Forum: DCForumID7
Thread Number: 1386
[ Go back to previous page ]

Original Message
"Clothes, etc."

Posted by seas72 on 03-07-08 at 05:45 PM
I've been wondering about this for a while, do the houseguests really only have just the 1 duffle bag to fit all there clothes etc.? Even though BB provides a washing machine one would think they would still need enough clothes to last 3 months.

Table of contents

Messages in this discussion
"RE: Clothes, etc."
Posted by agman on 03-08-08 at 10:18 AM
I wonder if they have some laundrey service which takes their clothes out? I have never really thought much about that, but I thought I'd put my two cents in anyway

Sculpted by Tribe

Posted by Snidget on 03-08-08 at 10:28 AM
LAST EDITED ON 03-08-08 AT 10:28 AM (EST)

There is a washer and dryer in the house that the hamsters can use. They are seen using them on the live feeds pretty regularly.

It wouldn't surprise me if they get more than the one small duffel (or that what they carry is for show and their real luggage is removed for them by the staff).

On the other hand if you have a washer and dryer why would you need more than a week or 10 days worth of clothes, even if you were there for 3 months?

Posted by seas72 on 03-08-08 at 12:52 PM
That's a good point. I hardly ever see them wearing the same outfits repeadly especially during the live broadcast.

Posted by agman on 03-08-08 at 01:48 PM
well, sounds to me as if Snidget is correct that they must get more than one dufflebag.

Posted by jd8855 on 03-12-08 at 06:09 AM
They must cause you can see all their clothes in their rooms and it's a lot and all their toiletries.. as well unless that is all provided by BB, those bags do look heavy when they are carrying them out. I don't know I kow that they do laundry a lot and the guys are generally always wearing the same things. Girls clothes smaller they can fit more little tops and stuff in there.. And they always have the clothes reward shopping thing at some point wehn the contestants can't stand it anymore and we get sick of seeing them in the same thing. you could fit a lot in the doufel bag in BB provides everything else.

Posted by seas72 on 04-07-08 at 05:36 PM
Last night's episode was the second time I noticed Sharon emptying her suitcase after surviving another week in the house. Since we only see the evicted houseguest exit with just thier duffel bag, how do they get the remainder of there things? Does another houseguest leave the suitcase outside after once the person is evicted prior to the HOH competition?

Posted by Snidget on 04-07-08 at 06:55 PM
The people who work on the show probably retrieve it while all the hamsters are out back doing the HOH challenge.

The staff/stage hands can access all parts of the house, they just do their stuff while the hamsters are in another part of the house/yard so there is no contact.

Posted by Rebel Crown on 04-07-08 at 07:58 PM
<<Does another houseguest leave the suitcase outside after once the person is evicted prior to the HOH competition? >>

In the past, I've heard HGs say they leave their extra luggage in the storage room and retrieve it later off air if evicted or, if not, when they get back in the house after HOH

Posted by kingfish on 04-09-08 at 04:33 PM
LAST EDITED ON 04-09-08 AT 04:35 PM (EST)

I don't know if they do or do not have more bags. But I do know that if I had access to a washer/drier, I could pack for 3 months and more with one bag.

It's a kinda important to be able to do that if you take long trips. And since they aren't doing anything else most of the time (in between crying/shouting/bitching/etc), it should be easy for them to keep up with laundry.

Some of them aren't too picky about extended wearing of clothing, either.

I have seen them wearing the same clothes on different occasions.