URL: http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi
Forum: DCForumID9
Thread Number: 1380
[ Go back to previous page ]

Original Message
"What's your point?"

Posted by Estee on 07-29-13 at 03:30 PM
Locally, CBS is in a slap fight with Time-Warner Cable, which has been threatening to drop the network. Part of the battle tactic has been multiple commercials on television and radio -- at least one every half-hour -- declaring you as the consumer must make your voice heard because if this move goes through, you won't be able to catch new episodes of Big Brother!

...so?

And for the truly weak, TV Guide Network has been running Catch-Up Friday: a three-hour block to let you review the past week in one shot.

Table of contents

Messages in this discussion
"RE: What's your point?"
Posted by tribephyl on 07-29-13 at 05:20 PM
Okay, no jumping.

It's Les Moonves playing monetary chicken with Time Warner and Time Warner isn't flinching at the moment.

CBS is insisting on a $2 per-subscriber deal because..."We feel like we should be paid for our programs," Moonves said.

Meanwhile, I imagine the "grassroots" effort is meant to propel Rachel's Friends into making their move.

The story from the LATimes

Posted by suzzee on 07-29-13 at 10:29 PM
What! No Showtime? I protest, I'm already paying thru the nose and let them take the $2 out of that. Wait a minute. I don't get Showtime.

Posted by michel on 07-29-13 at 10:45 PM
Since when is BB the flagship of SeeBS? Then again, with what's on now...Have you seen the crap that's under the Dome?!

Posted by tribephyl on 07-30-13 at 04:01 AM
Since when is BB the flagship of SeeBS?

Uh. Never? I don't even know where you got that idea. BigBrother flagship, hahaha. More like sinking ship.

Big Brother is not even in the top 100 shows. And at this time NCIS, CSI, BigBang Theory, 2 and a Half Men and Elementary are the "tentpoles" of CBS. Hefty tentpoles they are.

Posted by kingfish on 07-30-13 at 09:02 AM
And Tribe is the resident expert when it comes to nefarious tent poles.

Posted by Estee on 07-30-13 at 09:21 AM
*awaits Jeff's Giant Log sigpic*

Posted by tribephyl on 07-30-13 at 02:32 PM
- *dong* *dong* *dong*

Posted by michel on 07-30-13 at 09:29 PM
That's what I meant: If CBS gets dropped from the cable company, BB is about the last show that would be missed.

Posted by LilBigBFan on 08-23-13 at 04:26 PM
under the dome...? I couldnt even get into that.

shows these days are sad.
They have a new show out created by an 8-year-old!! HA
PATHETIC.

"Time-Warner pulls CBS and all affiliated networks."
Posted by Estee on 08-03-13 at 01:34 PM
It's not a mercy kill on the season, but accept the blessings you receive.

"RE: Time-Warner pulls CBS and all affiliated networks."
Posted by tribephyl on 08-03-13 at 01:57 PM
I wish I had TimeWarner, then I could have an excuse.

Posted by Round Robin on 08-04-13 at 05:58 AM
Time Warner is acting like a bunch of tiny little children who are used to getting everything for nothing. The government or the courts should make them go sit in the corner till they're ready to behave like grownups.

Posted by tribephyl on 08-04-13 at 01:50 PM
I think you have that backwards, Les Moonves and CBS are the petulant children in this "arguement".
Time Warner has always had a deal with CBS, it was CBS who asked for a higher take (more than any other channel) because they feel their line-up of shows is worth more. Time Warner said "No. You will receive the same amount that EVERY other channel receives."