URL: http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi
Forum: DCForumID88
Thread Number: 138
[ Go back to previous page ]

Original Message
"Suzie gets the encore - Barf!"

Posted by LaLaLisa on 08-31-05 at 08:56 PM
LAST EDITED ON 08-31-05 AT 09:05 PM (EST)

The band deserves the encore not her. Any one of them coulda hit the notes of Bohemian Rhapsody and the band would have had them rockin.

I found a website for her www.kidsmusic.ca Kids music?????

Table of contents

Messages in this discussion
"RE: Suzie gets the encore - Barf!"
Posted by Darth Sarcastic on 08-31-05 at 09:30 PM
You have gone over to the dark side my young apprentice. He he he... However you are right though...

Darth Sarcastic... Returns!!!

Posted by Iam_Xtreme on 09-01-05 at 10:01 AM
I agree with you! IMO Marty was much more deserving of the encore.

Signature Created By: tribephyl

Posted by Shypappy on 09-01-05 at 10:09 AM
HAHAHAHAHA!!!! I would love to hear Marty, Jordis, or JD do Bo-Rhap! What kind of a friggin nighmare would that be? LOL!!!

It wasn't her best, but she did a good job!

Posted by bubbapao on 09-01-05 at 10:13 AM
Totally agree with you. I believe people bought into the song, not stupid Suzie (if Dave can call her Sweet Suzie, I can voice my opinion!)

The band and Dave have been cramming her down our throats, and a lot of people have started buying their line.

I would like to hear what MiG would do with the song.

Posted by Shypappy on 09-01-05 at 10:22 AM
LAST EDITED ON 09-01-05 AT 10:27 AM (EST)

I love how a lot of Suzie haters say she's being crammed down their throats!

Mig, Jordis, and Marty were put up on pedestals for weeks before this, and now that Suzie is proving she's better, it's her turn!

I'm glad they've givin her the attention lately! She deserves it!

Posted by youngatheart on 09-01-05 at 10:50 AM
I had a feeling she'd get the encore. To be honest I think her vocals sounded better on the encore than it did the night before. Suzie's never been my first choice...I like Mig, but I really think the gal has talent. I said it before in another thread,I think she needs some fine tuner in her stage presence and overall look/fashion, etc. (the remaining package of a female rockstar)and she could possible blow this competition away.

I think it'll come down to Mig, Marty and Suzie...for there on I'm not sure who it will be but it makes for a very interesting mix.

Posted by leianawd on 09-01-05 at 02:20 PM
Yes, Suzie did sound better with the encore than the first performance. I thought she sounded really good until they got to the verse "Please don't let me go" and her voice was just too flat for that I kind of wish she had arranged it a bit so it would have been more fitting to her voice, unless that was her arrangement.

Posted by Lisa0116 on 09-01-05 at 05:39 PM
>
>I would like to hear what
>MiG would do with the
>song.

MiG would turn it into the queen show he has already done to death. If you spend a year singing nothing but queen songs in a stage show, you're bound to be able to do them well-he was smart not to do the same old same old for INXS.

Susie DID deserve the encore. I can't imagine why people don't like her-I think she does a great job. I don't think she will get the gig-I think the world will vote to see a guy step into that role.

I can't stand JD-he is a legend in his own mind. As for Deanna-I am so glad she is gone-I couldn't stand her voice-she sounded like she had a wad of jiz stuck in her throat.

I do love the house band-they are awesome and deserve all the kudos.

Posted by weltek on 09-01-05 at 12:05 PM
I don't like Suzie as a contestant, but she did deserve the encore. I think Mig is the only other contestant that could have pulled it off. It's a difficult song.

Everyone did very well, but Suzie went the extra mile in learning a very hard song & did it well.

Of course, I could've just listened to the band do it instrumentally & would've enjoyed it more. The House Band ROCKS!

Posted by Tahj on 09-01-05 at 12:37 PM
YES!!! She deserved it. Hands down. No question. Go Suzie!!

Moves courtesy of Syren

Posted by fedcamper on 09-01-05 at 02:29 PM
Let's admit it- they are ALL good, but at the risk of sounding sexist, it just didn't seem right to have a girl singing that song. It needs a deeper voice. (Maybe Deanna could have done it!)
Go, Marty- he's the best for INXS, and the encores are almost always 80% due to the bands performance.

Posted by youngatheart on 09-01-05 at 02:34 PM
YES! The House Band DOES rock! American Idol ought to take a few lessons from this show.

Posted by Tahj on 09-01-05 at 03:11 PM
...it just didn't seem right to have a girl singing that song. It needs a deeper voice.

LMAO!!! So you're saying Freddy Mercury had a deep voice?

Moves courtesy of Syren

Posted by fedcamper on 09-02-05 at 05:10 PM
>...it just didn't seem right to
>have a girl singing that
>song. It needs a deeper
>voice.

>
>LMAO!!! So you're saying Freddy
>Mercury had a deep voice?
>
>
>
>
>Moves courtesy of
>Syren
Hee Hee.. you have a point. Maybe not "deeper"- perhaps "more resonant" would have been a better description.

"Encore = Prize?"
Posted by trigirl on 09-14-05 at 10:43 PM
It seems like everyone gets a 'prize' for getting the encore. Did I miss something, did Suzie get anything for her two encores?

"RE: Encore = Prize?"
Posted by Loree on 09-15-05 at 10:18 AM
Suzie had her boyfriend visit her. But we never saw it on the VH1 show. He showed up for the CityWalk concert they did. People said it was embarressing watching them makeout behind the stage like a couple horny teenagers. They were not very discreet from what I heard.

"RE: Discreet Dischmeet"
Posted by LaLaLisa on 09-15-05 at 12:32 PM
LAST EDITED ON 09-15-05 AT 12:34 PM (EST)

Who could blame 'em? They've been apart, she's been under major emotional stress AND living with all these hot guys AND seeing so much of Dave Navarro. This is rock not nickleodeon.

I woulda liked her more if I had know that before. Maybe she coulda lost the "Sweet Suzie" earlier in the show.

Posted by photokitty on 09-17-05 at 01:44 AM
Citywalk concert??
When? Shoot, that might have been fun to see...
Who sang? What did they sing? Did Dave play? INXS?

Posted by Loree on 09-17-05 at 11:37 AM
LAST EDITED ON 09-17-05 AT 11:40 AM (EST)

They did the CityWalk concert when Ty was still there. So it was the final 6. They had another band backing them not the House Band. And they all got up and sang a song to the crowd. I know JD sang "Rebel Yell" because I've seen a video of it. But I don't remember what everyone else sang. It wasn't broadcast anywhere. It was just for the public. And then they stood around and signed autographs. One of their "get out of the mansion" things they did. I don't think Dave or INXS was even there.