URL: http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi
Forum: DCForumID49
Thread Number: 138
[ Go back to previous page ]

Original Message
"Is Hank wrong for Lisa"

Posted by nedrah on 09-09-03 at 09:56 AM
Options traders work very hard.
Income around there circa 125k.
Many Options traders are single because they work all the time.
Lisa wants a family and husband, but a husband that works all the time is going to stress her out.

We saw in the house when Hank does not get his way, how his attitude changes.
She'll get that beedy eye stare that will burn right through her, So the first time he has to work late (which is every night mon-thurs for an options trader) She and the kids will eat dinner by themselves.

Lets critique a few quotes.

“I want to take all your clothes off. I want to make love to you.”

Lisa: “Oh God…”

Hank: “I can’t share you.”

Thats exactly what he is doing SHARING !

Also, could someone explain this to me ? The more I read it the more it implies he is acting on the show.

Hank replies that “I clearly don’t like a couple of the guys in the house. They don’t belong there. They want me to act like I do on the show all the time, but I won’t fake it.”

They have not had sex. He has been courting her intensily without any satisfaction , of course he is going to say or do anything to close the deal.

Any Robert Lovers want to throw some more tid bits on why hank is the wrong guy.

Table of contents

Messages in this discussion
"RE: Is Hank wrong for Lisa"
Posted by Swami on 09-09-03 at 10:13 AM
Hank is already planning his second career--he wants to have a vinyard. When you are young and single, a burn-out but high salary job will buy you a jumpstart on life, but you have to be able to jump out. I have no idea if he is hooked on the stress-adrenaline & status of his job or not, but if he could be saving for a downpayment on a vinyard.

Of course, $1 million bucks, even after taxes, would be a nice downpayment on a vinyard, too. Not that I think anyone is in this for the money . (That's a joke, in case anyone misses it...)

IceCat is a Genius

Posted by leogirl_21 on 09-09-03 at 10:40 AM
I don't necessarily think that Hank is wrong for Lisa because compared to guys like Robert, Renda and Dominic, he is much more of what Lisa is looking for
In another sense I think that he might not be necessarily be "the one" for Lisa because Lisa also is very much in sync with Evan despite the fact that half of America thinks he's a player and he messed up on several of the dates (esp. when he had to meet the Shannons).
But before America decides, they need to understand that Lisa has a very strong connection with Evan too, not only Hank. People make mistakes and Evan did make a few mistakes but to me he comes off as an honest and sincere person. He apologized for his mistakes and thats what counts.
I know that everyone wants Hank to win (and he probably will) but Evan is my choice for Lisa.
And please people, DON'T VOTE FOR ROBERT! Puhlease!

Posted by Cupidcruiser on 09-09-03 at 11:49 AM
Okay, people who are really options traders (not just working for an options trading company) work ONLY when the NY markets are open--in chicago time the markets close at 3:30 so Hank could not have been working 24/7 if he were a trader.

Second, Hank quit that job even before Cupid came on the horizon. So if he ends up with Lisa he would not necessarily be an options trader (he would probably live off her -- sorry, can't resist a little dig since my boy Dom is being turned into the underdog).

Third, I have a real strong feeling some of the guys have had sex with Lisa already, whether or not Hank has. So surprise! Hank has already shared her .

Posted by Joyful on 09-09-03 at 02:12 PM
OMG!! You really think Lisa's done the "deed" with one or more of the cupid guys?!?!?! Who? When?? Where? Why? How?...wait, I know how , sorry cancel that last one.

I know you're a Dom fan Cupidcruiser, and I think Dom is sweet, and no doubt the best looking guy on the show(my fav Hank included). And although I hate to agree with one of the dating pit bulls, I think he should "play the field" a bit more before he settles down. I have a feeling that he needs to make a few more women happy before he settles with just one.

Posted by Cupidcruiser on 09-09-03 at 02:44 PM
I'm having fun with this show and making posts because I'm a Dom fan for personal reasons--no worries about him winning though because I really don't care who wins. If Dom really wanted to WIN he wouldn't be slipping in those "I think I'm ready to get married" statements! I just want him to make it to the last show because I like to see him!

If the producers really wanted to make a good match for Lisa imho they would have restricted all the guys to over 27 who really have good careers--it's not Dommie's fault that they picked him and he's 22. And you can imagine he's having fun being on the show and being known as the hot one!

Posted by nedrah on 09-09-03 at 02:58 PM
Never thought about the Lisa having sex thing with the guys. Hmmmm something to ponder ..I hope she can knock boots better than she can walk ! maybe they will come out with a cupid uncensored.

Posted by bystander on 09-11-03 at 11:44 AM
Maybe that's the reason she walks like she does.

Posted by LadyN52 on 09-09-03 at 04:49 PM
>Third, I have a real strong feeling some of the guys
>have had sex with Lisa already, whether or not Hank
>has. So surprise! Hank has already shared her .
>

Where the heck did you get that idea? Have you been struck by lightening and therefore became a psychic reader? That comment is totally out of the blue! There has been nothing shown to indicate that there is any fact to what you say. Can you see it in someones eyes that they have had sex? I surely hope not!! Otherwise I'd be busted! lol <wink>

Posted by Cupidcruiser on 09-09-03 at 07:46 PM
Yes, I am totally psychic--predicted the family reunion dates and the dinners with Laura's fam, so of COURSE my psychic (psycho) brain cells know what's going in the physical department.

Just wait til tonight's show--and I have this feeling that there has been physical involvement earlier with some of the guys (and who could blame her)!

Posted by Joyful on 09-09-03 at 04:14 PM
Do you think it was with Dominic when they were all stretched out on the sofa going at it?

Posted by gopher1956 on 09-09-03 at 05:36 PM
I don't think anyone has had sex with Lisa yet...when would the cameras leave her alone long enough to let that happen ? I think sex between Lisa and Evan would be a natural.... and a really sweet and tender thing....with ole Hank I'm afraid it would be pretty matter of fact.....a rushed kinda tackle and conquer ordeal. ( I don't even want to think of Robert....)

Yes...I agree that Lisa would spend alot of nights at the dinner table alone with the kids ...waiting for ole Hank to bring home the bacon...and the beady-eyed glare would be a regular occurence when things weren't just as dad expected them to be at the end of an exhausting day....(just an opinion)

Posted by harris8210 on 09-09-03 at 09:26 PM
>>>with ole Hank I'm afraid it would be pretty matter of fact.....a rushed kinda tackle and conquer ordeal.<<

LOL, love this description (and think it would be accurate too!)

Posted by PIPPIE on 09-11-03 at 10:51 AM
YES HANK IS WRONG FOR LISA. HE WILL BE BOSSY AND SHE WILL BE HARVEST WIDOW. THE SEX CAN'T BE AS GOOD AS IT WOULD BE WITH EVAN. MORE CHEMISTRY THERE. HANK HAS A MEAN STREAK STREAK TOO. HE HAS DUPED EVERYONE, ESPECIALLY LISA. AND SHE WON'T KNOW UNTIL IT'S TOO LATE.

Posted by gopher1956 on 09-11-03 at 11:45 AM
Pip...isn't it sad to see the handwriting on the wall...and have to stand by and watch a sweet girl like Lisa dive headlong into it ?? I was sure LAURA would see through him !!! I guess that's what "Live and let live" is all about...Hank is getting the trophy wife he's been looking for... and a million bucks...!! and all he had to do was grin, blush and "aw shucks" it for the camera...too bad the real Hank broke through enough for a few of us to see that he's more of a hustler than Renda ever dreamed of being !!

Posted by Darylg on 09-11-03 at 12:10 PM
LAST EDITED ON 09-11-03 AT 12:11 PM (EST)

Nah! Hank is the only guy who was here for the original reason...to get married. I think he has been mature and straight forward the entire time.

Posted by PIPPIE on 09-12-03 at 05:51 AM
YES GOPHER, IT IS SAD TO SEE LISA IN SUCH A HURRY TO GET MARRIED THAT SHE WILL PICK THE FIRST GUY THAT WILL JUMP AT IT. HANK HAS HIS OWN AGENDA. IT IS INTERESTING THAT JOE,RENDA,DOMINIC AND EVEN ROBERT TRIED TO WARN HER ABOUT HIM AND SHE IS NOT HEARING IT. THIS IS A CASE OF BE CAREFUL OF WHAT YOU ASK FOR BECAUSE YOU MAY GET IT.

Posted by ashleybfogg on 09-13-03 at 11:22 PM
Ok, despite all the yayas i've been getting for my original poor lisa posting... YEAH!
the aw shucks thing is so it... and her friends are DENSE. She shoulda brought Dr. Phil on this show, then we'd see a reading of this guy. Of course, for all you out here, I could be totally so not right... yeah.
the real down-to-earth thing? He didn't show up. (and, ps.. she didn't want him) Doesn't anybody see a guy in here that is willing to grow beyond what he came in with???

"Q. is: IS LISA WRONG FOR HANK?"
Posted by beachgal on 09-13-03 at 04:20 PM
I wanted to bring out the question of whether Lisa is wrong for Hank. From what she said on the last episode was that she knew for a while that Hank was her choice. When Hank had asked her
point blank about her interest in Evan, she played hard-to-get acting indecisive and saying that it depended on how the rest of their date went!

Talk about a BIG MIND GAME! Does she enjoy seeing pressure put on the man that she is "smitten" for? Sure, there are times when hard-to-get may be a bid for respect in some cases. But this date was IMO the most important of all the previous ones.

Let's face it, from the beginning of this marriage with "whoever", Lisa will have the upper hand because of this whole deal. Does anyone agree?

"RE: Q. is: IS LISA WRONG FOR HANK?"
Posted by HappyDayz on 09-13-03 at 04:32 PM
Honestly, we will probably never know why Lisa didn't want to talk about it....it could be that it was part of her instruction to not make any commitment like that during the course of the dates, I don't know. I personally think she had not absolutely made up her mind until that date....what she said in the speech was that the answer was in front of her the whole time, which I take to mean that (inside) she already knew (when he asked) that it was him but she just didn't realize it ~ if that makes sense....I know what I'm saying, I'm just not sure I'm saying it correctly....

Posted by Cupidcruiser on 09-13-03 at 07:06 PM
You Ninnie!!!

"what she said in the speech was that the answer was in front of her the whole time," she meant ON THE CUE CARD!!!!

I don't know, I might have to send you the Brian beanie baby just for this.

Posted by HappyDayz on 09-13-03 at 07:16 PM
You promised me Lisa, Hank, Laura, & Kim! You promised, you promised, you promised! *Happy pouts*

BUT....she didn't have any cue card in front of her when she said it!!!!! (She forgot to pack them when she left for the vineyard???? That's why she didn't answer at first????)

So, CupidCruiser....you have the Cupid crystal ball, what's up for this week? Will Lisa be Mrs. Stepleton before Tuesday night is over?

Posted by Cupidcruiser on 09-13-03 at 08:36 PM
You just couldn't see the cue card because Evan and Dominic were holding it off camera over Robert's head. When she said "I choose you" she was SUPPOSED to be telling that to ROBERT, not Hank .

Here's the scoop I got on the final show--Lisa's family has 40 seats (out of the 200) so they are obviously expecting to witness something. The remaining guys have like four each (if any of them have more than four, that would be a big clue as to what's going to happen, but I haven't heard). There is a rumor going around about a big twist but I haven't heard any details. Somehow, much as I would be thrilled to laugh at Robert winning, I wonder if there will be. The only twist I could imagine (this is not anything I heard, just what I think) is that if Evan, Dom, or Robert is the guy, they won't propose since they know Lisa doesn't like them.

OR Laura and Kim could cook dinner for the guys....

Posted by HappyDayz on 09-13-03 at 09:21 PM
>OR Laura and Kim could cook dinner for the guys....

Bwahahaha! Do you think any of them would eat it? They'd all be trying to get Lisa to be their food tester.

Thanks for the info....interesting. The twist rumor concerns me...I do want a happy ending, darnit (if Hank doesn't win and marry her Tuesday night, I'd like to see them at least get engaged and go off into the world and get to know each other better and figure it all out in their own time). I can't really imagine that anyone would win other than Hank or Robert (since Evan and Dom pretty much conceded last week, that was bound to cut back a lot of their numbers....of course Robert conceded too, but his numbers will still be high, we know). Maybe the twist is that McFayden is the winner....or that Robert is going to be the best man.....or that Robert is going to propose to Laura...the possibilities are endless. Please keep us informed if you learn anything else.

Posted by beachgal on 09-13-03 at 09:58 PM
Love reading your posts, Cu!

Thanks for the scoop. As far as how I'd like to see things end -- here is a blurb another of my posts:

>>>Robert wins to give the show media attention, for her to date Hank for several months until they are both ready and sure. If they decide to get married, the buzz will have died down and they could have a somewhat normal decent wedding.<<<

Posted by beachgal on 09-13-03 at 10:11 PM
>>>I'm just not sure I'm saying it correctly....<<<
I hear you, Happy!

Of all the clips that I saw on the show, the one where her iffiness to Hank just seemed to irritate me for some reason.

Lisa has been starting to show her go-getting edge. As with anybody, this edge could be good or could be bad depending on its extremity.

I have nothing against her...her personality actually reminds me of me. If she IS like me, then projections of my own motivations to her behavior could be accurate. If she is like me, then it's best that Hank stay level-headed. Just being honest.

Posted by HappyDayz on 09-13-03 at 10:53 PM
>>>If she IS like me, then projections of my own motivations to her behavior could be accurate<<<

What do you think her motivations might be? Not sure if you said and I missed it, I couldn't find it. I didn't really like that she put Hank off, as it was very important for him to know (anyone around here can attest, I am very pro-Lisa...CupidCruiser is even sending me a Lisa Beanie Baby but her action here bothered me)....I posted here over a week ago that it was not fair for either Hank or Evan to go into the finals without knowing where her heart lies (I think she should have narrowed it down at least a week sooner). No one should enter into a marriage wondering if they were not the first choice....that would be a very damaging issue. I do believe she had put to rest his concerns before that date was over (based on the conversation they had before the cameras were kicked out), although not actually coming out and saying she chose him until the show. You could tell it hurt him when she didn't answer though, from the sound of his voice when he said "Lisa you have to know".

I do really like go-getter Lisa....that is the girl who has amassed such impressive accomplishments! I believe Lisa is a much tougher girl than we had previously been allowed to see (though I do think her sweet natured quality is genuine). I think that it was by design that she has been so go-with-the-flow throughout the show and mainly sat there during the critiques, looking pretty and sweet. Down to the wire now, it's too important for her to be involved more and get her thoughts and feelings across.