URL: http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi
Forum: DCForumID54
Thread Number: 1379
[ Go back to previous page ]

Original Message
"Dear Peter,"

Posted by udg on 09-25-06 at 00:45 AM
Please make up your mind: are you going to treat Sarah like your pet dog or like your 4 year old child? The constant switching back and forth is getting annoying.

I'm so glad you realize that a grown woman who has overcome amputation to run in an Ironman Competition couldn't possibly be mature enough or competent enough to know how to get from point A to point B (in a straight line, no less) without you yelling back for her to "come on." (You should never, ever just slow down a smidge and run beside her. She might think you're treating her like an equal or something.) She couldn't possibly have what it takes to keep going when the going gets tough, and obviously, any type of emotion she displays is a horrible breakdown which should keep you from being able to function At.All. until she locks everything down to become the perfect little bitch lap dog.

Seriously,
Me

Slice n' Dice's Sigpic Chop Shop 2004
The clapping thing? I do that when trying to get my 13 year old dog's attention. He's going deaf.

Table of contents

Messages in this discussion
"RE: Dear Peter,"
Posted by dabo on 09-25-06 at 01:07 AM
Dear udg,

psssst, I think Peter has a hydrolic leak you know where, you know what I mean. I see some serious compensation going on in how he acts. pass it on.

Posted by Earl Colby Pottinger on 09-25-06 at 09:49 AM
I can't put all the blame on Peter. Sarah *WANTS* to win, and when it start to look like she can't she breaks down and gives up.

Without Peter pushing she would fold like a wet rag.

Posted by udg on 09-25-06 at 11:50 AM
Except that she doesn't give up. Last night, she was crying, because that's how she deals, but she wasn't giving up. She said she needed to keep moving. *He* is the one who was holding her back during her tears.

Without Peter pushing she would fold like a wet rag.
Without Peter folding like a wet rag, she'd keep pushing.

Posted by CouchTater on 09-25-06 at 10:03 AM
Agreed. Peter treats Sarah like she IS handicapped. It seems to me that Sarah has enough intelligence and self discipline to keep herself motivated without the constant harping motivational diatribe going on.

A Tribephyl creation

Posted by HistoryDetective on 09-25-06 at 10:04 AM
Which is the bigger tool?

A. Sarah's bionic leg
B. Peter

Posted by CouchTater on 09-25-06 at 10:14 AM
Buwahahahah!! Good one.

A Tribephyl creation

Posted by MaryKat on 09-25-06 at 10:45 AM
I've go to go back and read what their relationship is supposed to be. I thought it was dating, but now I think I am wrong. She deals with frustration by crying and he can't function when she cries. it doesn't look good.

Posted by finallytyping on 09-25-06 at 12:26 PM
My opinion of their relationship is that it is produced.
Meaning they were just friends before the show but that
was too boring of a relationship for TV, so they became "newly
dating."

I guess I should explain my reasoning for this theory. When
the promos came out for this show and I saw that this pair
came from the same city as I, I spoke to a triathlon coach,
who knew the couple, about the coincidence. When I asked
about their relationship (this was before the show began,)
she said that as far as she knew they were just good friends
and had a bond due to the fact that he made her prosthetic leg.
I think the producers are asking her to comment as if she is
considering a serious relationship with him. The way I view her
melt down is part frustration because she is a competitor, and
part, "why the hell am I having to deal with this guy as if
he is my boyfriend, when clearly, he's not!"

The clap on, clap off habit of Peter would definitely cause
me to knock his lights out.

Posted by Earl Colby Pottinger on 09-25-06 at 03:56 PM
HHHHHAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!, a light goes on as I see that the relationship is not what they claimed. I have missed part of the show in my defense, I thought she was getting angry when things get hard because she wants to win but expects to lose.

What she is really angry at is Peter, since he is not her real partner he really does not know her, her limits, abilities or how best to help her. When things get rough he is a noise, a distraction, even treating her like you say as a cripple - but he is not really helping her. He is not shutting up when she needs quiet to concentrate, and when he talks he is not giving the best useful advice when she really needs it.

Thanks for the pointer.

Posted by Snidget on 09-26-06 at 04:29 PM
If you check out my summary on Ep. 1, shameless plug you will find that I noted this.

In all the pre-show publicity they were good friends and then suddenly on the show they are "newly dating".

I thought it was odd, so I snarked about it.

Posted by finallytyping on 09-26-06 at 10:31 PM
Just reread it, and well done, Snidget.
You definitely do not need a prosthetic for your perception.
And your snarkiness is as healthy as ever! Bravo!

Posted by frisky on 09-25-06 at 11:33 PM
That's an interesting little tidbit, finallytyping.

I shall watch future episodes while chewing on this little nugget.

So, if he made her leg, shouldn't he be able to fix it? Or is he TRYING to weaken her, so that he can feel superior to her, thereby in his own little The Land Of Peter he can feel totally okay with treating her like Fido.

Rolly made this.

Posted by finallytyping on 09-25-06 at 11:50 PM
LAST EDITED ON 09-25-06 AT 11:53 PM (EST)

Wow, I've never felt so powerful before!
Now I know what motivates paparazzi...

I saw the coach today but didn't ask any more questions.
We usually waste time chatting before Friday workouts so
I'll see if I can get anything else out of her then.

Of course, we always preface these chats with "I can't believe
we watch this sh!t." Then we dive into it.

I know this is OT, but in this group of people were
2 possible BB's and Survivors...didn't make the final cuts
though.

On topic, Peter needs therapy. Or a prosthetic brain.

etf: lexdisic, d'oh!

Posted by maryellennaco on 09-26-06 at 05:14 PM
There's the ticket! If he made her leg, and it's leaking hydraulic fluid, can't he just buy some hydraulic fluid to carry with him, and then just lube that sucker up when it needs it. Problem solved!

Posted by aquariaqueen on 09-27-06 at 10:40 AM
Would hydraulic fluid be hard to have on hand due to airplane security? Maybe they would have to check their baggage losing valuable time.

Posted by CouchTater on 09-27-06 at 10:54 AM
I'm sure it would normally be a problem, but it is an essential body part for Sarah and I know the TSA makes exceptions for medicines. My friend is a diabetic and she has to deal with being searched and asked questions every time she flies, but her meds are allowed.

In Sarah's case, it's very obvious that she does have a prosthetic leg and it would seem that they would allow for the supplies needed to keep it working correctly. But it could take longer to get through security.

A Tribephyl creation

Posted by ginger on 09-25-06 at 11:28 AM
I'd have beaten him to death with my prosthetic leg a long time ago. Her comments to camera implied she may be seeing the overall awfulness of his Nurse Ratchet persona. For her sake, let's hope so.

Posted by maryellennaco on 09-25-06 at 12:03 PM
LAST EDITED ON 09-25-06 AT 12:05 PM (EST)

With you there, Ginger! I can't believe how condescending the guy is to her!! I think I'd be wantin' to put my bionic foot up his butt if it were me. UGH! I'd like to see Sarah do well but her partner is a putz!

ETA:sp.

Posted by Cyndimaus on 09-25-06 at 12:50 PM
Always interesting to see how people deal with the pressure of the race. These two dealt in two different ways and I think it hampered them more than anything else. Peter was so intent on his pep talk that he totally ignored that it wasn't needed. She kept telling him she needed to keep moving. I can understand that. You already feel discouraged but to come to a dead stop for a pep talk would just add to that. He needs to find a better way to encourage her and to actually LISTEN to her.

sig courtesy of Cygnus
Mouse on the move by Snidget

"On the bright side..."
Posted by udg on 09-25-06 at 02:58 PM
And by "bright", I mean, darkest of evil, Peter would make a GREAT partner for Victoria.

Posted by tamarama on 09-25-06 at 05:57 PM
He's an ass. He was an ass last week too, except last week I kinda thought they were both asses. Now I know that it's just Peter. (Well, Rob's an ass too, but I assume that's a different thread.)

I always talk to myself...so I can state with certainty that if it had been me at the detour, I would have beaten the carp out of him.

Posted by Cathy the Canadian on 09-25-06 at 08:34 PM
I picked them as my least favourite team in the other thread.

Like I said there, Peter reminds me of some weird mix of Ned Flanders and Stuart Smalley of Saturday Night Live.

After the last ep., I'd add creepy cult leader to that list. There's something just not right about that guy.

Posted by Tazluli on 09-26-06 at 02:12 PM
Ugh! This guy is awful! I just about lost it when he started clapping at Sarah! I was hoping that she would take that leg and shove it you know where.

I don't think Sarah is much better. The woman bugs me. One minute she is "I have a disability that I have overcome. I can do anything I put my mind to. I am an athlete." Then she is crying and screaming "I can't do it. I need help" Just what is it woman?

Both of them creep me out. As they say, there is a cup for every saucer. Maybe they are saving two others.

Posted by Tahj on 10-02-06 at 11:09 AM
Well, I guess we definitely have the answer. She's the dog. How strange and pathetic did it look to see her crawling on all fours toward the finish line while Peter ran way ahead of her?

Tribe rocked my sig!

Posted by HistoryDetective on 10-02-06 at 11:17 AM
Yeah, can you say clueless? What a tool.

Posted by Cyndimaus on 10-02-06 at 11:19 AM
I thought they were supossed to be a team. Doesn't that mean you finish together?

sig courtesy of Cygnus
Mouse on the move by Snidget

Posted by tamarama on 10-02-06 at 11:51 AM
>>How strange and pathetic did it look to see her crawling on all fours toward the finish line while Peter ran way ahead of her?<<

...at the very same time he was spouting off about teamwork.

Also hated the way he was trying to grab other people's clues at the prison in Viet Nam. There was a huge bottle neck there...they were ALL going to get their stupid clue. Did he really need to snatch Kimberly's envelope right out of her hand? (or was it Lauren?)

Not good. This guys kinda sociopathic. He's like an evil John Denver.

Posted by HobbsofMI on 10-02-06 at 12:32 PM
What...you expected him to go back and help???? (sarcasm)

sig by Syren and bouncy by IceCat

Posted by finallytyping on 10-02-06 at 12:35 PM
Only to play devil's advocate, as I completely agree
that he is a tool, but maybe she would have bitten his head
off if he had treated her as if she couldn't handle things
on her own. She definitely has inner strength and confidence
and would probably be offended if offered a helping hand.
One leg from him is all she should take.

You know the producers were drooling when they saw that
clip of her crawling on all threes. Even the lighting was
dramatic.

Posted by Tahj on 10-02-06 at 01:44 PM
I thought of that too, ft, and yeah, I could see the producers drooling at that shot.

I also remember earlier in the episode (at the airport?) when she was yelling at him that she couldn't move as fast because of her prosthesis. Now, because it was the finish line, she may have told him to go on ahead, but we'll probably never know. Personally, I think he should have tried to carry her on his back.

It's a Tribe!

Posted by Earl Colby Pottinger on 10-03-06 at 12:51 PM
As a team they should learn to run as if in a three-legged race.

She is a lot smaller than him so the weight should not be a problem and if they work it out I bet she could move a lot faster.

While there are times that it would make sense for him to carry her, the rice paddy probably would not be a good place to try it, the ground barely holds up one person, with two his feet would sink deep and they probably would be slower still.

Posted by jbug on 10-02-06 at 11:33 AM
I don't know much about artificial limbs, but I do have a cousin with one. He never seems to limp as much as Sarah. It seems her 2 "legs" don't match up evenly, making her lurch from side to side. As for my cousin, when he has on long pants & shoes, one might never know on leg is artificial.
But maybe it's the hydraulic leak that is causing the uneven gait?

Posted by maryellennaco on 10-02-06 at 12:41 PM
LAST EDITED ON 10-02-06 AT 12:42 PM (EST)

Agree with ya'll - that last CRAWL into the Philiminator by Sarah was really pathetic. Not the crawling part, per se, becuase it DID look slippery and all; just the fact that Peter the Putz was sooo far ahead of her. Ugh! He is a PIG!

I wonder too, if the leaking fluid may have something to do with Sarah's ability to have an even gait. She mentioned something about the knee having some problems, so maybe that's it? You'd think that they could run into an auto parts store or something, and get some fluid, already!!

If the Putz is the "genius" behind this artificial limb, shouldn't he have a tool kit with him??

Oh wait.... He IS the tool!!

Posted by CouchTater on 10-03-06 at 08:29 AM

>Agree with ya'll - that last
>CRAWL into the Philiminator by
>Sarah was really pathetic. Not
>the crawling part, per se,
>becuase it DID look slippery
>and all; just the fact
>that Peter the Putz was
>sooo far ahead of her.
>Ugh! He is a PIG!

He didn't even look back once to see if she was following or ok. Jerk!

A Tribephyl gift

Posted by tamarama on 10-02-06 at 01:01 PM
>>He never seems to limp as much as Sarah.<<

That might depend on where the amputation is...how far above or below the knee.

Also, her running foot may make her bouncier when walking.

Anyone have experience with the running feet?

Posted by Earl Colby Pottinger on 10-03-06 at 01:00 PM
I am sure it is the loss of fluid, I was watching the 'Terry Fox' movie the other day. Every time he take a step he gives a little jerk that causes his foot to swing forward and his leg hits the ground just when it has reach the right place in front of him.

There is a clear rhythm to it.

Without the fluid, you would need a stronger jerk (more tiring) and the time to swing forward would be diffirent, throwing your own timing off from what you were use to.

I believe more modern legs don't need the jerk to keep going, but the swinging movement at the knee is adjusted to match that person's natural walking rhythm, lose the oil - lose the timing.

Posted by pinksparkleguitar on 10-02-06 at 12:54 PM
Jerk. You wanna help Sara get through that rice paddy, or you wanna just watch??

Sig by Cyg!

Posted by maryellennaco on 10-09-06 at 00:16 AM
AGAIN with your #####-ness... Could you have been more obnoxious and condescending than you were in the boat looking up?

Posted by finallytyping on 10-09-06 at 01:42 AM
Unbelievable how offended Peter got when Sarah was encouraging
him. It showed how condescending he actually is when he
gives her words of encouragement. How dare she encourage
someone so far superior than she! {/sarcasm/}

I think this is actually becoming the Victoria and John (was
that his name?) couple in this race.

Posted by Tahj on 10-09-06 at 09:55 AM
She's seeing his true colors and they ain't pretty. Hope she dumps him.

Posted by Prof_ Wagstaff on 10-09-06 at 12:00 PM
LAST EDITED ON 10-09-06 AT 12:04 PM (EST)

Yes! Wise up Sarah, DTMFA!

I'm certain that there are other...ummm... prosthesis out there that will serve you better than this condescending jerk!

etf: Spelling.

Tribephylanthropy!
And they won't humiliate you, unless you buy The Talking S&M Deluxe model.

Posted by finallytyping on 10-09-06 at 12:12 PM
LAST EDITED ON 10-09-06 AT 12:49 PM (EST)

>
>Yes! Wise up Sarah, DTMFA!
>

hmmmm, DTMFA = dump the mother fvcking asshat?

Sarah should have started screaming, "there are mother
fvcking snakes on the mother fvcking boat!"

eta: superlative for the boat

Posted by HistoryDetective on 10-09-06 at 11:17 AM
Dear Peter,

For weeks I have thought that you looked vaguely familiar, but I have been unable to put my finger on just who exactly you resembled. Last night, however, it finally hit me at the end of the episode. You were sitting next to Sarah on the boat and she was looking into the camera and explaining how she didn't like to be around you when you decide to just give up in the middle of a task.

You sat there with a completely blank look on your face, no hint of emotion or even comprehension that your partner was expressing displeasure with you or that she (or the camera) was in the same room with you. I finally realized where I have seen that blank look before --- and I am shocked it took me so long. You looked exactly like president W with not even a glimmer in your eye that you had any understanding of what was happening around you.

When the Race is over, I hope that Sarah beats you to a bloody pulp with her leg and its various attachments.

Sincerely,
HD

Posted by Fishercat on 10-09-06 at 12:45 PM
I personally hope she does it during the race. Not only because that means she got rid of him months earlier, but also so we can see it.

Seriously, the last time we had someone this bad to his partner was what? Colin? Even then, he was an equal opportunity shithead. Maybe all the way back to John. Seriously, how the hell did these two get together. Sarah seems like one you just don't let go of, while Peter's the one you just don't latch on to.

Posted by CouchTater on 10-10-06 at 10:52 PM
Wow, wouldn't that be a cool new twist. One partner tells the other to get lost and finishes the race on their own. Unfortunately I think both members of a team have to go on or quit together. Too bad. I'd love to see her dump him on pubic TV and then go on by herself as well.

Posted by dabo on 10-09-06 at 12:46 PM
I can't believe no one has figured out yet that Peter is a bot, it's just so obvious!

Posted by CattyChat on 10-09-06 at 01:51 PM
I agree and he's missing his "sensitivity chip."

And his intelligence chip, his humor chip . . .

Posted by Fishercat on 10-09-06 at 02:04 PM
I really need to beat Slice to the obvious Bender joke here.

So, Peter = Bender, except he's (Peter) not cool and doesn't advocate the cool crime of robbery. Plus, he doesn't follow those stupid anti-pimping laws.

Posted by J Slice on 10-09-06 at 06:20 PM
Damn you.

I am Peter, please insert girder(?)

This guy is more of a robot than Chenbot 3000

Posted by HobbsofMI on 10-11-06 at 12:41 PM
Could he be Data?

Posted by kopan on 10-09-06 at 10:49 PM
LAST EDITED ON 10-09-06 AT 10:49 PM (EST)

When Sara was climbing, he constantly kept saying things to her. He say what a hard time she was having, but he was laid back on the boat, being the wonderful piece of crap that he is. Then when, for some reason known only to her, she tries to encourage him as he rows a boat, he snaps her head off. The worst for me was when they are on their way to the pit stop and she is trying to explain her feelings while he sits there with a smirk on his face. Had it been me, only one person would have showed up at that pit stop. The other, well, the fish would have had some company while he swam the rest of the way.

Posted by Prairieboy on 10-10-06 at 01:00 PM
I'm surprised no one has mentioned what all my friends/family are saying! Are we the only ones who think that Peter and Sarah's relationship is purely platonic? For a couple, even the slightest romantically involved, there should be some display of affection somewhere during the race. I think there's something else in the way of their relationship and Sarah's just not getting it!

Posted by Snidget on 10-10-06 at 01:14 PM
It has been mentioned elsewhere, but all the pre race interviews said they were friends.

The "newly dating" thing popped up on the first show. Either they doinked each other on the way from the pre-show interview/confessional to the starting line OR they are "dating" mostly because it is more interesting for the show than being friends. Not sure if it was their idea or production just decided to add "dating" to the voice overs/team captions and forgot to tell them.

It's a tribe creation!

Posted by Cyndimaus on 10-11-06 at 11:24 AM
Whether romantic or not, he's not being a good friend and support to her. You're supossed to work together in the race.

siggie by ARnutz
bounced by Icey
Maus Musings

Posted by dabo on 10-10-06 at 01:31 PM
Welcome aboard. I agree, I don't think Inspector Gadget and the Bionic Woman have a romantic relationship at all. It's purely about the athletics. And covert operations for a supahsecret government agency no one ever heard of. I think they're hoping just to do well enough to get a spinoff series.

Posted by finallytyping on 10-10-06 at 05:24 PM
>I'm surprised no one has mentioned
>what all my friends/family are
>saying! Are we the
>only ones who think that
>Peter and Sarah's relationship is
>purely platonic?

oh rilly???

"RE: Dear Peter, Shut your mouth!"
Posted by finallytyping on 10-16-06 at 01:36 AM
That scene at the bus stop reminded me of a recent video of
some bozo chewing with his mouth open while talking
sh!t with some other bozo at an important event...

I bet Sarah would react the same way if Peter also tried to
massage her shoulders.

Peter disgusts me. The editors did a great job playing him
up, but really, his true colors could not fade.

"RE: Dear Peter, Shut your mouth!"
Posted by dabo on 10-16-06 at 02:28 AM
chomp chomp I gotta chomp chomp be competative chomp chomp it's my chomp chomp nature chomp chomp don't chomp chomp try to chomp chomp chomp chomp change me chomp chomp chomp just chomp chomp chomp keep up chomp chomp chomp

this post is to translate for all the deaf lipreaders out there who couldn't understand one damn single word of it.

"Dear Everyone Who Knows Peter,"
Posted by Rhyn on 10-16-06 at 07:36 AM
When this guy goes off the deep-end and murders his wife or kicks the crap out of his kids... when he shoots up a school or jumps off a bridge... please, please, please don't say, "Well, gosh. He seemed like a nice guy," or "I never thought he would do something like that."

Because folks, this? This is what crazy looks like before it goes balls-out psychotic.

"RE: Dear Everyone Who Knows Peter,"
Posted by HistoryDetective on 10-16-06 at 08:43 AM
Word.

The mere sight of that man turns my stomach.

"RE: Sociopath"
Posted by CouchTater on 10-16-06 at 10:39 AM
After last night I felt this guy is total sociopath. He's completely cluless and out of touch.

Definition of a Sociopath.

There are ten general
symptoms:

not learning from experience
no sense of responsibilitym- check
inability to form meaningful relationships
inability to control impulses
lack of moral sense
chronically antisocial behavior
no change in behavior after punishment
emotional immaturity
lack of guilt
self-centeredness

A Tribephyl gift

"RE: Dear Everyone Who Knows Peter,"
Posted by MKitty on 10-16-06 at 12:18 PM
Yeah, I felt bad for Sarah when she said "I'm not having fun Peter" Poor woman..who could have fun with this self-centred lout????

Posted by Tazluli on 10-16-06 at 11:52 AM
Can you be anymore of a condescending jerk? Who do you think you are to make fun of Mary and David? Maybe they didn't have the opportunties that life has afforded you, but that is no reason to make fun of them. They have more class than you will ever hope to have.

Just when I think you can't be a bigger idiot, you prove me wrong. You treat Sarah like your pet monkey, you were a pest on the train, an idiot at the airport with the Beauty Queens, and a bigger one at the bus station. I only hope that you are eliminated soon and that we get to see Sarah kick you to the curb.

Oh, and do me a favor, please do not blame editing for your actions. You still said it and still did it. You can't edit something that didn't happen.

Posted by AugustGirl on 10-16-06 at 12:57 PM
Just when I think you can't be a bigger idiot, you prove me wrong.

Isn't that the truth? After last night's episode I loathe him more than ever, and I certainly didn't think that was possible after his hissy fit from last week.

He has such a sense of entitlement, such an ego, and such blatant disregard for his partner.

Poor Sarah.

a J Slice original. bounce by Icey.

Posted by Tazluli on 10-16-06 at 01:52 PM
Yup, the disregard for Sarah is what gets me. I am so glad that she is seeing the real Peter.

Posted by jbug on 10-16-06 at 01:02 PM
Scenes like this with Peter make me wish there was a "Final" show where Phil would ask questions about things that happened during the race and the teams would reply (sorta like the final on Survivor - IYKWIM). Watching them cross the finish line is OK, but would be much more entertaining with some follow up discussions!
Wouldn't you just LOVE to hear Sarah dump Peter on LIVE TV?
It would be FUN to hear the teams talk about what they were thinking of each other DURING the race and how, if any, their opinions changed as the race progressed.

Posted by MizJazmine on 10-20-06 at 04:53 AM
WOW! How did I miss this thread? I soooo agree with everyone who thinks Peter is a jerk(that's being polite). From the beginning I've been saying this guy treats Sarah like she's some kind of pet! I'm so glad she's seeing him for the nothing that he really is. The sad thing to me is that there seems to be a great possibility had Sarah only chosen someone other than Peter to partner up with, that she would really be enjoying this once in a lifetime experience. IMO Peter is soooo toxic. His "fumes" even come thru the TV. The guy is just bad. If this is what it took for her to finally "see" him, then I say glory alleluia and RUN SARAH...run like the wind honey away from him ...or better yet detach your "leg" and knock his behind out!!!

"Dear Peter, (redux)"
Posted by udg on 10-23-06 at 00:29 AM
Dear Peter,

When you are driving around in the car, and your navigator says repeatedly that she doesn't know where you are going, please do not pull the car over and look at the map yourself. If you did, you might be able to decypher the map, figure out which road you should be on (and how to get to said road), and get to the detour task after fewer than 12 hours of driving. Or, you might discover that the map really is confusing as hell and realize you're just as clueless as your partner, in which case, you won't be able to blame her.

Strike that last part. You'll always be blaming her.

Still,
Me

P.S.
The Miss Americas? Really aren't that into you.

Posted by AugustGirl on 10-23-06 at 06:54 AM
Dear Peter,

Way to go making your partner do ANOTHER climbing Road Block.

Sarah hit the nail on the head when she said you are not kind or compassionate. You are a prig, and most certainly NOT a gentleman.

I am so glad you are off my television. Buh-bye ya piece of crap.

Later (and I do mean MUCH later),
Me

a J Slice original. bounce by Icey.

Posted by HistoryDetective on 10-23-06 at 07:44 AM
Dear Peter,

AugustGirl is way too kind and charitable in describing you as a piece of crap. Believe me, none of my friends have been so genteel in the way they talk about you.

Truly,
HD

Posted by Breezy on 10-23-06 at 08:09 AM
Dear Peter,

What HD said.

Me.

Posted by Snidget on 10-23-06 at 09:12 AM
Adds signature to HD's letter.

Haunted by Tribe!

Sould we start a betting pool. When Peter's picture shows up on Nancy Grace's Court Reporting Show will he be the killer or the killee or will it be some other crime?

"awwwwwww"
Posted by cqvenus on 10-23-06 at 10:01 AM

i was so sad to see last night that peter is gay.

i know it didn't say that, but i wouldn't be the least bit surprised if he "figures it out" in a few years.

oh, well... at least she also agreed they should just be friends.

every girl needs a gay friend.

~ cqc

"RE: awwwwwww"
Posted by HistoryDetective on 10-23-06 at 10:11 AM
Dear Peter,

Please ignore cq. We do not want you on our team. You're welcome to a life of asexuality. I think that your performance on the Race more or less guarantees that anyway.

Cordially,
HD

"*snort*"
Posted by HobbsofMI on 10-23-06 at 12:51 PM

Save the Cheerleader Save the World

"Sleaze bucket"
Posted by Miami Joe on 10-23-06 at 12:52 PM
Peter is a sleaze bucket.

Talk about a gutless individual.

He basically made Sarah do all of the difficult tasks whenever he could get away with it. He never gave her the chance to think about it and was not man enough to say once "Sarah, let me do this one"

I am glad Sarah realized he is scum and she deserves a lot better.

GET LOST PETER!!!! and grow some cojones before you find your way back to the USA.

Posted by Tazluli on 10-23-06 at 01:03 PM
Dear Peter,

So typical of you to make sure you dumped Sarah on national TV before she got the chance.

I hope you realize that Sarah will probably be your last girlfriend since after watching your antics I can't imagine anyone woman will want to go out with you.

Posted by HistoryDetective on 10-23-06 at 02:11 PM
Dear Peter,

I think that you should become a cannibal: eat sh!t.

Then die.

Thanks for your cooperation,

HD

Posted by PsychoKitty on 10-24-06 at 08:33 PM
Dear History Detective - you said it best when you said:

HistoryDetective 6210 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"
09-25-06, 10:04 AM (EST)

4. "RE: Dear Peter,"
Which is the bigger tool?
A. Sarah's bionic leg
B. Peter

AWESOME!!! He is such a flaming $$$hole. I am so glad to see them gone. I didn't watch the morning show - only do that when teams I like are on Don't want to spoil my breakfast you know. He doesn't seem gay - did he actually say that? In any case that has nothing to do with being an insensitive two faced dolt. He was constantly trying to quit and then belittling Sarah when she had her meltdowns. Just make up your mind Peter - who are you truly? And stick to that. And GO AWAY!

Not sorry to see them go,
Psychokitty

Not that I have an opinion one way or another ;)
Sig from The Tribe and Cyg Sig Shop!

Posted by HistoryDetective on 10-26-06 at 09:46 AM
Dear PsychoKitty,

Thank you. In hindsight, I realized there should be too questions on that quiz.

1. Which is the bigger tool?
A. Sarah's bionic leg
B. Peter

2. Which is the more useful tool?
A. Sarah's bionic leg
B. Peter

I think that the answers are pretty obvious.

Cheers,
HD

"Handicap Parking sign"
Posted by byoffer on 10-23-06 at 03:55 PM
Did anyone else notice that Peter and Sarah actually had a handicap parking sign hanging from their rear-view mirror last night? I'm never really sure how parking works on this show (they seem to leave their vehicles wherever) but I was surprised to see that.

I guess that will make it easier for Peter to park them close to the door at Loser Lodge.

Assuming he doesn't make Sarah WALK to LL.

"Good-bye, Peter"
Posted by MaryKat on 10-23-06 at 07:20 PM
I must add my good-byes. I am not a violent person, but never in my life have I wanted to beat another person senseless like I did Peter.

"RE: Good-bye, Peter"
Posted by CouchTater on 10-23-06 at 07:41 PM
I ditto that. And on top of that, this morning they were on CBS and Harry point blank told him that he was a really nasty person and that he treated Sarah like crap, and Peter would still not get it. He just kept up with the good doggy girl stuff. What a turd!

Tribey Rocks!

Posted by michel on 10-23-06 at 10:11 PM
The smartest guy on last night's show: The greeter in Kuwait who didn't wait so he didn't have to see Peter! Phil should've rang his cell and told him to stay lost!

Posted by HobbsofMI on 10-24-06 at 09:36 AM
*BBBBBBBBBRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRING*

Hello?

Hi, this is Phil.

Oh, Hi Phil

Sorry you Lost! Now go home!

Save the Cheerleader Save the World

Posted by dabo on 10-24-06 at 10:09 AM
The only problem with that is he's already senseless.

"Benefit of the doubt"
Posted by Ricky on 10-24-06 at 10:26 AM
Keep in mind they can cut the show to make someone look like a jerk or make them look good. I'm sure they had plenty of footage to make Peter look like a jerk, but they purposely didn't show his good qualities (I'm sure he has one or two) for the sake of the show.

If any of us were filmed 24 hours a day for weeks/months there would be plenty of 2 minute clips that could make us look like the devil or an angel.

Me heart Sarah

"RE: Benefit of the doubt"
Posted by Snidget on 10-24-06 at 09:37 PM
My issues tend to be, even when giving someone the benefit of the doubt.

1) Reality TV loves the redemption edit. Usually they try not to let even the most hated characters end their stay without something redeeming about them being shown. Even when it is something that makes us roll our collective eyes and groan. I wonder when it does not happen given how much they love to redeem people in the end.

2) While everyone says that they forget the camera is there, most people seem to be self-aware enough to know when they are behaving badly and that awareness shows up sometime during the edit or in how their team-mates/tribe-mates, etc. interact with them. Granted. some peeps seem to be chosen because they can't self edit anything at anytime for any reason (like everyone seeing their bad side on national TV). I do know a few people like that. It is hard to be around them. Now some people don't care, they can care, and that they can care shows up at least in how other people respond to them, they just most of the time chose not to care. It can show up in a lot of ways that they are chosing not to care. Often in the what they say about what they are doing in the confesional. Now maybe you can edit all that out, but they seem to love to edit that stuff in when they get it. They also can express in post interviews that they knew they were a total azz, but that they chose to be that way when confronted by someone about their behavior rather than acting like the don't understand the question.

There are other people that can't care. They do not demonstrate they have the ability to see their behavior or have any ability to turn something on or off depending on the situation. Now it is easier when you see it all on tape to be self aware. some people don't see it even when it is on tape. After all how many people are shocked at their own behavior in post-game interviews. Depends on the depth and breadth of the cluelessness. Remember we know that at some stage people are so incompetant at something they can't even perceive they are incompetant and we definitely get a few of those on reality TV.

3) Some people don't have the emotional intelligence to see how others are responding to them. Now again you have some who don't care, but they do usually somewhere either demonstrate they can care about how other people respond to them directly or it gets shown to us they can care about how others react to them. You also get those that don't seem able to care about others feelings/reactions.

Yep, you can manipulate the tape and take things out of context but there are some people who do things that no one that can care would do even when they decide they do not generally want to care.

Some things are just not acceptable no matter what the situation. It's like the people who can't stop beating their kids even when they know that the TV crew is in the house with them. You might say it is all editing and they are really loving parents, but they still pummelled the living carp otu of the kid even when they knew they were being filmed. That is can't care rather than choses not to care.

I don't look at just how the person is shown, but how they others are reacting to it. The more people that are involved in the that person is just a total azz and not capable of anything else the more I give it credence. After all there are some people we see being jerky that everyone on the show loves, and others that we don't see being jerky but everyone on the show hates. That kind of thing can clue you into what is not being shown either for time or for story purposes.

It's a tribe creation!

Posted by Cygnus X1 on 10-24-06 at 10:50 AM
LAST EDITED ON 10-24-06 AT 04:59 PM (EST)

We need to compare notes sometime as to how to relate to the opposite sex. Dayum, you make me look good.

So I guess this means your pretty little one-legged mama is available now?

Sincerely,

Johnny Bravo
I learned everything else I know about women from Colin, Jonathan, and Lake. (ETA: and Deana's Ray.)

Tribe strikes again!
Don't say you weren't warned.

Posted by noliferealityfan on 10-24-06 at 05:47 PM
Dear Sarah - im not sure which was more annoying, you using your one leg to get special advantages in a race (airport, this is a emergency, my leg!) or your dramatic sniviling interviews between. you truely need to stay in the special olympics because you obviously need special attention for anything you do.
believe it or not, other people have handicaps too, and they survive through life without having to make a dramatic spectacle of themselves every time they successfully wipe there asses.
you annoyed me almost as much as your gay "newly dating" friend peter. I am sure they gave him some harsh editing, but then again, being around you and your one leg, big nose, fugly face could turn anyone into a unsympathetic #####!
you are truely the saddest most attention hungry handicapped person i have ever seen. now that you and your victim personality are gone, the race can finally be enjoyable.

regards - fans of TAR - but not fans of you.

Posted by Cyndimaus on 10-26-06 at 11:16 AM
Dear Sarah - im not sure which was more annoying, you using your one leg to get special advantages in a race (airport, this is a emergency, my leg!)

Wasn't it usually our friend Peter who pulled the whole emergency/leg thing? I have a feeling that Sarah tries to be as "normal" as possible and not go for special treatment. (my gosh, the woman has done a triathalon, can't see her whining about her leg just to gain an advantage)

And what do you want to bet that Peter instigated the whole handicapped parking tag in their vehicle? (what was up with that anyway? We're in a race but let us park where we want cause one of is handicapped! Yeah, right!)

siggie by ARnutz
bounced by Icey
Maus Musings

Posted by noliferealityfan on 10-27-06 at 01:37 PM
>Wasn't it usually our friend Peter
>who pulled the whole emergency/leg
>thing?

He said it, she agreed with it.

I have a feeling
>that Sarah tries to be
>as "normal" as possible and
>not go for special treatment.

I dunno about that, either she got poor editing along with peter, or she is in need of constant attention. everytime she did any roadblock / challenge the script was pretty much the same everytime.

first - (P) you can do this sarah! (S) ok peter - i have run a triathalon, i can do anything!
then (s) omg peter, i cant do this.. waaa.. tears, pauses, (que dramatic music in the background please)
(p) get off your ##### and do it woman! im the jerk of this couple, and your making me mad! do the damn task so we dont lose!
(s) waaa waaa.. tears tears... and then finally, after 30mins of everyone cheering for poor poor sarah... she stops being ridiculous and starts actually trying to do the task.
last - then we get to hear her damn speech about how she can do anything, how she is the greatest in the world and how super incredible it was that she climbed a ladder.

And what do you want to bet that Peter instigated the whole handicapped parking tag in their vehicle? (what was up with that anyway? We're in a race but let us park where we want cause one of is handicapped! Yeah, right!)

I have no idea who put the handicapped thing in there mirror. could of been peter, could of been her, either way, they obviously didnt have a problem with it since neither of them took it down.

seems to me that there should be a couple of rules in TAR - one being that it is against the rules to proclaim an emergency of any sort unless you actually have a emergency.
every season someone uses that angle and i cant stand it. crying wolf isnt good for anyone.
there also should be no special considerations for racers that are handicapped or unable to perform physically. no special parking, nothing. if they cant play fairly and equally, they should not be on the show. if they insist on being on TAR, let them on the next family edition, since everyone on that season was handicapped anyways.