URL: http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi
Forum: DCForumID34
Thread Number: 1379
[ Go back to previous page ]

Original Message
"Big Brother #14 Week #3 East Coast Spoiler Thread: The Countdown To Total Lack Of Surprise."

Posted by Estee on 07-29-12 at 02:43 PM
So let's see. Whoever gets voted out Thursday will get to play in the Revive-A-Hamster competition. The coaches will be twisted into players no matter what the vote says, fulfilling Grodner's goal in this early idiocy -- and all the supposed mentors have been expecting this the whole time. And the next HoH competition will favor a boomerang.

Still need to watch?

Then let the pain begin.

Notice no one ever says 'Let the pain end'?

Table of contents

Messages in this discussion
"RE: Big Brother #14 Week #3 East Coast Spoiler Thread: The Countdown To Total Lack Of Surprise."
Posted by suzzee on 07-29-12 at 02:54 PM
Grodner: I got it! We put 4 do-overs with 12 noobs and tell them they're "coaching" until we can make sure that the do-overs make the noobs believe they WANT one of them to win and that the noobs NEED them. Then we tell "America" they can VOTE to let the do-overs into the game, tell them it's their call. Yeah, their call. Everyone buys it and we score. Stupid America.

Bwahahaha excellent.

Coolest Siggie Ever thx Tribe! 2008

"RE: Big Brother #14 Week #3 East Coast Spoiler Thread: The Countdown To Total Lack Of Surprise."
Posted by michel on 07-29-12 at 03:20 PM
What's this about a revive-a-Hamster? I hadn't heard anything about it before.

Posted by Estee on 07-29-12 at 03:27 PM
Kara was pulled out of the majority of the interview circuit, excepting a few CBS house organs -- and hasn't been seen or heard from since. I haven't checked on JoJo's Internet status, but I'd suspect the same. The natural assumption is that they're being sequestered while they await the chance to get back in.

Posted by michel on 07-29-12 at 05:19 PM
I thought that ws just a decoy, hiding the coaches twist. So, we could have 4 players joining the game and 1 returning? I think I'll have another entry in the stupid twist thread!

Posted by Estee on 07-29-12 at 08:16 PM
Yeah, that ball movement on Shane's shot doesn't look the least bit suspicious.

We're starting to see some of Wil's inner claw swipes: comfort Britney to her face, then gloat in the DR. But he knows he's in trouble this week. Britney is on a HoH power trip by proxy, and knows how to control the vote: one nominee from Malin, one from Janelle, and Danielle controls the ouster with the tiebreaker. So let's put up Frank and Wil. Except that Shane refuses to put Frank up, because he's dumb enough to think there's an alliance there.

No one wants to see Shane's HoH room. No one wants to be the first to leave it. It's always awkward when a target takes power...

Janelle realizes she has to publicly take back everything said about Britney and resume saying it all behind her back.

Jenn speaks. Naturally, the camera doesn't show her while she's talking. The Return Of Invisi-Beau.

And Joe is loud. And thinks he's in trouble. And is loud about it.

Posted by Estee on 07-29-12 at 08:25 PM
BTW, this episode is trying to push the Shane & Danielle combo. It's still not working. As Hamsterwatch puts it, this is a nomance.

Joe cooks Shane breakfast in bed for a royal wake-up call. Malin calls this pathetic. As opposed to, you know, everything Malin's done.

Shane tells Frank that Wil is his primary target. Shane will keep his word because he's making moves that will benefit him in the future. Shane thinks he has a future. Shane is rapidly proving himself one of the stupidest people ever to play this game.

Jenn triples her cumulative camera time to date and discusses her sexuality with the backyard crew. This has an interesting effect in that Danielle -- who was afraid of being stuck in the house with anyone attracted to women (that wasn't Shane) -- changes her mind. Jenn has given her exposure to the gay community and guess what? It's fine. All is well. Danielle is no longer afraid of being hit on or pressured. Certainly not by Jenn, who's attracted to smart women and that leaves Danielle out, but isn't it nice to see a little personal maturity?

(Contrast Dan and Joe, sitting at the edges of this discussion. Dan's ultra-conservative and almost seems to be trying to burrow into his chair with the effort of staying silent. Joe's hands go hyper-tense, with tendons in sharp relief. Neither is happy about this and it's not going away any time ever.)

Posted by Estee on 07-29-12 at 08:42 PM
Coach's competition. Three workout stations and everyone in bad workout gear. First station is butt-scooting on a rower, second is hip swinging, third is flipping a switch with your tongue. This means two stations of watching Malin in slow-motion rear sliding and hip action. I am currently dialing my workplace and calling in celibate.

Britney, who never works out, leaves first and has to assign two people to slop. Ian volunteers again, and Joe is added. (Ian calls this strategy: if he keeps taking the punishments, people will keep him around so he can take them. Runt of the gang, reality style) Malin goes second and gets $10k -- predivided into 6, 3, and 1, which have to be assigned out. Naturally, he keeps the largest share and gives the rest to Ian and Jenn, respectively: Frank bows out. Dan goes third and gets the sushi party, inviting the other coaches, Shane, and Danielle. (The coaches are a strategy: no private time with players where he can't eavesdrop.) Janelle flicks her tongue at speed as if she's done it a billion times and wins the challenge, protecting Wil and ruining all extant plans.

Shane tries to think of something else. This could take a while.

Posted by kingfish on 07-29-12 at 10:02 PM
Janelle gets a embossed gold plated diamond studded invitation to the Raunchy Girls school. It's pretty easy to tell that she has a lot of experience with all three motions.

The tongue one was the most intriguing.

Posted by Estee on 07-29-12 at 08:50 PM
Have-Not supplements are the Willie Hantz Memorial Platter: cereal (Fruit Loops) and salmon. It's a surprisingly-quality offering.

Janelle, having demonstrated one kind of tongue skill, goes for another by heading up to HoH and attempting to slobber Britney back to her side. Last week? All Malin's fault. All the gossip and nasty words? Malin's fault. Willie losing it and JoJo leaving? What do you think? Please target his players, because I will be loyal to you right up until the power shifts again, bestie. Just because I lied to you before...

Malin and Frank enter. Shane is torn between his promise and common sense. Britney sensibly believes nothing those two say and gets them out quickly. In a parting shot, Malin tells Shane to follow his heart. He'd better: the brain doesn't work. Britney has but a few minutes to talk sense into Shane, and tries to get him on the 'Nominate Frank & Joe' page, because Malin's group will target him next week no matter what and this way, Shane does control the ouster through Danielle. The DR pages Shane in order to stop this.

You know, they usually don't let that bit of manipulation show in the episode.

Posted by michel on 07-29-12 at 09:16 PM
>You know, they usually don't let
>that bit of manipulation show
>in the episode.

That was pretty unique to see but I believe it happens all the time. When the producers see that a vote or a nomination is going the "right" way, they call an end to all discussions. In this case, they saw that Britney was close to changing Shane's mind so they stopped her. Malin and Frank are their project for the season while Joe doesn't bring anything to the game.

Posted by Estee on 07-29-12 at 08:59 PM
Wil goes into the DR and introduces Keyphone. It's fifteen times more obnoxious than it sounds.

Joe DRs and scream-begs Shane to have a brain and nominate Frank. How do you like his odds?

And... nominations: Joe & Ashley. Shane gives a speech explaining why (Janelle must suffer through having players on the block), but it comes down to 'Because I'm really just that stupid', so let's pretend that's what he actually said.

Ashley cries. No one loves her!

Shane questions his decision. Too late.

Malin is obnoxious.

Frank believes he can trust Shane completely. You may laugh.

And Joe vows to get Shane out of the house.

Oddly, it's the quietest DR session he's ever had.

Posted by michel on 07-29-12 at 09:11 PM
"Frank believes he can trust Shane completely. You may laugh."

Actually no, this could have been the key alliance of the season and it would have been fun to see how those would have worked together if the coach twist wouldn't have interfered.

Posted by michel on 07-29-12 at 09:10 PM
Finally, a funny episode. The awkwardness of the HOH visit was great and pretty well narrated too: Everyone wants to leave but no one wants to be the first to leave.

Britney's comment about training was fun: I never train but this is how good I would look if I did. The competition was funny as well even if I would have preferred seeing Malin sit out.

Danielle's belief in the "nomance" (best word construction ever) is hilarious. So as making her first Final alliance on day 20 something and being impressed by it. (I would have had a dozen by now!)

Ashley dreamboard and Malin's reaction to it was also funny.

All in all, a good episode.

Posted by kingfish on 07-29-12 at 10:08 PM
LAST EDITED ON 07-30-12 AT 11:12 AM (EST)

It was a good episode. Added to that was the fact that Joe was nominated. I'd like to be relieved of having to work the volume controls whenever he gets into the DR.

I've already worn the "M" off the mute button.

Posted by michel on 07-30-12 at 05:54 PM
Isn't he obnoxious? No wonder Hell's Kitchen didn't cast him; he would have outyelled the Chef.

Posted by Round Robin on 07-31-12 at 01:09 AM
If Joe were cast on Hell's Kitchen he would have PUNCHED that a$$hole chef they have on there. I'm a bit surprised he didn't punch Willie.

"Watching other network: you're on your own."
Posted by Estee on 08-01-12 at 07:59 PM
I hereby declare tonight as Somebody Else's Turn To Suffer.

"RE: Watching other network: you're on your own."
Posted by michel on 08-01-12 at 09:25 PM
Here's then a little summary of the best moments.

1- I had the mute on when Joe was in the DR. Great move.

2- Britney imitated Joe, knowing exactly what and, more importantly, how he would plead his case. She also had a funny confessional imitating Janelle ("I'm not upset, we can still work together")

3- The sushi party was short with only one fun quote from Malin that some (Shane and Danielle) didn't know much about Japanese cuisine. Shane used a fork.

4- Wil celebrated his birthday at the same time as the sushi
party. They seemed to have more fun inside. The coaches brought desert to the remaining HG.

5- They then played spin the bottle. Ian kissed "The hottest girl of (his) life". Danielle and Shane kissed and Danielle nearly fainted when she told us about it. Shane said he wanted a second kiss so the nomance survives in the edited TV version.

6- Shane wins veto: They each had 2 inclined ramps, one on their left, one on their right maybe 10 feet apart and had to roll a ball on each ramp and keep both balls moving. Shane was the only one calm enough to look back at the ball in motion before sending the second one. The others were simply racing back and forth, hoping for the best so, eventually, they all dropped one ball. In order Frank, Joe, Wil, Danielle fell off, leaving Ashley alone against Shane.

7- Joe, in a very smart move, (whom knew) told Shane that "if you save someone's life, that person will be eternally loyal to you so if you save me, we can work together." The funny thing is that, according to his DR confessional, he meant it. (Maybe eternity only lasts a week in the house but Joe wants to work with Shane. He knows he doesn't stand a chance against Ashley)

8- All the blame for the week gets put on Ian: He was wishy-washy when Brit asked him if his side would nominate Shane. "Not in the forceable future" he said. Britney DRs that she just wanted a No. Next morning, she tells Shane and there goes the backdoor plan.

8- Veto ceremony: Joe's appeal was Weird: "The President uses the veto all the time. Be like a President, Shane." Shane makes an executive decision and does use it on...Ashley who gets a big hug from Wil. Janelle keeps a good poker face. Shane nominates Frank and, in the best moment of the night, Malin stomps off furiously. He DRs that he was surprised but that, when you go against him, it doesn't work out well for the other side. Janelle calls herself the new puppet master.

Who goes? Frank is Shane's target but Shane wants to keep Frank from realizing it. Good luck with that...

"Endurance challenge tomorrow"
Posted by Jims02 on 08-01-12 at 10:26 PM
I'm calling it now.

Because:
1. They haven't done one yet.
2. They'll be short on time tomorrow after the twist.
3. Endurance challenges usually somehow favor the boomerangs (see Rachel's POV last yet)

Big Brother is so frickin' predictable it's just silly.

(Also, Frank's going to win Revive-A-Hamster later.)

A 2003 IceCat original

"No argument."
Posted by Estee on 08-01-12 at 10:50 PM
Which means odds-on we're looking at the rats favoring Reign Of Janelle, as she arguably needs HoH to solidify her current position and get a few people temporarily back on her side.

"More proof for you"
Posted by Rebel Crown on 08-01-12 at 11:42 PM
... which I can't prove cuz I can't copy and paste on this computer right now. But...

The house has been on an indoor lockdown all day.

Over at TVClubhouse, someone reported that Dan said that production has cut their plea speeches on the live show for time, meaning they won't have any because BB is going to bring in the coaches.

Sounds like an endurance challenge to me.

"I told you this was BS"
Posted by michel on 08-02-12 at 10:06 PM
The way the twist was done proves that Frank and Malin are BB's favorite this year. They didn't have to cancel the vote, the twist could have been announced after the eviction but that would have meant that Frank would have left. They even did that little get-to-know-the-family scene with the "celeb" father to be sure that Frank is our favorite. I like Frank but not to the point of fixing the game for him.

This really screwed Shane who simply saw his HOH being cancelled. Worse, his two targets are still in the game. I think it would only serve them right if he wins HOH again.

"RE: I told you this was BS"
Posted by Tummy on 08-02-12 at 11:36 PM
Am I the only one that got a different sound feed when Brit went in the DR to hit reset?

Someone said "Why?! She (meaning the Bot) said SOME of ALL the evicted players will return to the game" and then it got cut off. It doesn't matter now, but would have been funny if the coaches had not re-entered the game as they made it sound like "some" was the inappropriate word.

"RE: I told you this was BS"
Posted by michel on 08-02-12 at 11:44 PM
No, I heard the same as you. The rats forgot to turn on Brit's mike and we were hearing what the players were saying in the Living room.