URL: http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi
Forum: DCForumID37
Thread Number: 1378
[ Go back to previous page ]

Original Message
"Celebrity TAR"

Posted by LVGladiator on 07-30-06 at 01:27 AM
I heard Neil Patrick Harris say he's pitching the idea to Mark Burnett. How cool would that be? I hope they do it.

Table of contents

Messages in this discussion
"RE: Celebrity TAR"
Posted by hinghamwx on 07-30-06 at 02:00 PM
That would be great! I bet the teams would love it...a once in a life time race...twice!

Michael
http://www.hinghamweather.com

Posted by BOYmeetsREALITY on 07-30-06 at 05:21 PM
Hmmmm.....My two cents......

I hate these gimmmicks ruining a perfectly good show.

Who even knows what "Celebrity" means? Neil Patrick Harris certainly wouldn;t be high on my list! HAHA!

If it means "celebrities" race in teams, then I say NO!

If it means, a "celebrity" joins an Amazing Race Team of "civilians" then maybe it would be fun to watch!

There's too great a chance that with celebs only it will turn into a "Surreal Life Goes on Vacation" and that is better left on MTv and not at the expense of my fave network reality show!!!

Posted by hinghamwx on 07-30-06 at 11:37 PM
Maybe I misunderstood, I thought it was like All stars...I much rather have something like that rather than random famous people, I agree.

Michael
http://www.hinghamweather.com

Posted by Estee on 07-31-06 at 05:47 PM
My main problem would be the Romber factor: people giving the celebrity teams a ton of assistance because they recognized them from the medium of your choice. The only way to avoid that is using real Z-listers -- which removes the 'celebrity' status.

(Oh, and there's the whole shark thing.)

Posted by railfan on 07-31-06 at 06:35 PM
>I heard Neil Patrick Harris say
>he's pitching the idea to
>Mark Burnett.

He might have better luck pitching it to BVM than to EPMB, but then we could hope not.

Posted by LVGladiator on 08-01-06 at 01:50 AM
If they could get a bunch of CBS people it would be great. IMO. But I love the show the way it is too (except the family edition. yawn)

Posted by mikey on 08-01-06 at 03:51 PM
Hard to imagine real celebrities flying coach, or sleeping on the ground until something opens up. Imagine the People Magazine photog who happens on a celeb during a race appearing to be homeless, lying in the streets.

Or if you are a tourist and Neil Patrick Harris has been stripped of his money and possessions comes up to you -- brother could you spare a dime? The tourist would say hey -- what happened to all your doogie money?

Posted by flyswat on 08-03-06 at 05:34 PM
Hmm... interesting idea. However, I don't think a celebrity version would be as good as the original concept.

Part of the charm of the show is seeing the teams who have never been abroad: watching them struggle with culture shock, airports, travel snafus -- plus the excitement of average Americans getting to experience places they would never go to otherwise.

I also think that most celebrities are concerned about their image and their comfort, so that there will be a limit to how much stress the producers can put them under, and how much they can show on TV.

Posted by dragonflies on 08-04-06 at 04:44 PM
I don't think I would watch it. Well, ok, I prolly would, but wouldn't enjoy it.

Ok, prolly would, but I don't want them to do it.

Go Pack!

Posted by packrat on 08-17-06 at 12:48 PM
Like railfan said, they don't need to talk to Mark Burnett about TAR, he has nothing to do with it. They'd need to talk to Bruckheimer, among others.

Posted by ineedchocolate on 08-19-06 at 07:10 AM
We just got Celebrity Survivor in Australia. Among the contestants are:

One dancer from Dancing with the Stars
One actor who was on Days of Our Lives years ago and came back because he never got another job
One actor from Home and Away who hasnt acted since
One ex politician
One ex motorbike rider
One bridesmaid to the Danish royal wedding

And I dont know who any of the others are.

If that it the level of celebrity - trust me - you dont want Celebrity TAR! I vote All Star any day as long as Rob and Amber arent on it!

Posted by Earl Colby Pottinger on 08-19-06 at 09:14 PM
Much as I dislike Rob, he is still a good player. Bring in people like Colin to compete against him, and it will still be a great program. There is only one couple I never want to see again J&V.

A mix of any of the players who made it to the top 4 but did not win are fine with me, and even a few of the others - Gus & Hera for example, or Charla added to the mix would be fine with me.

"RE: Celebrity TAR - Jon Weiss on Tar 11??????????"
Posted by TAR_RELOADED on 09-18-06 at 07:05 PM
Did anyone else hear Jon Weiss say
he is in training for TAR11????
I was watching the Finish line and at the end it sounded like he would be on Tar Allstars.

Going to listen to that one again. Bertram said the odds were 50/50 of an Allstar Race..
Stay tuned.......

Tar_reloaded

Posted by flipxcyd on 09-08-06 at 08:41 PM
Or just have the public vote ala Big Brother All-Stars, except let the public completely vote who they want instead of letting the network choose who they want.

Or just have all the first teams philiminated and the runners up each season for a second chance.

Or...eh, well, there could be alot of ways to do it.

An arkiegrl siggie

Posted by josie17 on 09-10-06 at 00:06 AM
I think it would be great. TAR is a great show anyway. I think they would get great ratings. I would definately be watching. Especially if Will from BB7 was on it