URL: http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi
Forum: DCForumID54
Thread Number: 1373
[ Go back to previous page ]

Original Message
"Official TAR10 Episode 1 Summary: "So You Think You Can Make Me Happy Dance?""

Posted by Snidget on 09-19-06 at 11:02 AM
So You Think You Can Make Me Happy Dance?

Previously on TAR, "Million Dollar Hippies" by Jims02
http://community.realitytvworld.com/boards/DCForumID54/1353.shtml

Once again TAR has fielded a set of teams to see if one of them can make me happy dance. Every season I have watched has been successful at this endeavor. Some seasons it is because T-TAO I just want them to win, and some seasons it is because I am so happy that these truly despicable wastes of carbon are finally off my TV set.

So to start lets meet the teams in their pre-show interviews and start assessing their potential, when reviewing the See-BS site my first thought was that there seem to be more ethnicities this year, I wonder if anyone will turn up to be someone cut from Survivor in order to make them just by mere co-inky-dink end up with even numbers of peeps from each race for each tribe. Although it could be a mandate from on high that See-BS is not meeting it's affirmative action quotas and decided to count Reality TV stars in the quota count so all the shows had to get on board with the hire the minorities project.

First up is Bilal a 37 year old Medical Supply Technician and Sa'eed a 39 year old Power Lineman. They are best friends and Cleveland Brown's fans so adversity shouldn't bother them. Oh and yes they are Islamic and here to put a friendly face on Islam which has never been done on Reality TV before. *cough*Kaysar*cough* Both have been in the Military and have traveled in Asia and they took a trip together to Morocco. Of the two Bilal is the scaredy cat and will have to be thrown off heights .

David, a 32 year old Coal Miner and Mary a 31 year old homemaker are married parents from Stone Kentucky. He got out of the army, she finished college and the met while both were working at McDonalds. They are big fans of Reality TV and David originally auditioned for Survivor (I knew it). The kids think they will be on Survivor together and gave advice about voting each other out. Can you feel the love? To prepare for the show she lost a lot of weight and got into shape and studied up on phases they might need in 6 languages (Oh.My.Heck, someone actually did what any sane person going on the show might do, actually prepare for international travel and physical challenges, will that help them or doom them).

Duke a 52 year old Tour Company Owner and Lauren, a 26 year old lesbian Speech and Language Pathologist are Father and Daughter from Rhode Island. Their relationship was really bad for awhile when Lauren came out to her Dad. They are here to heal and bond, uh-oh. Most of their travel has been domestic even though he is in the industry. They want to treat each leg as if it was the last and only accept being first.

Dustin and Kandice. Oh. My. Heck. Twins, they are doing twins, I mean I get when TAR takes things from other big name shows but America's Next Top Model? How many shows can have twins this season.

Excuse me Production Staff won't leave me alone and let me write.

Wa wah wa wah wah wa.

Whaddya mean they aren't twins. Look at them.

Wa.Wah.Wa.Wah.Wah.Wa.Wa

Dude it is so not cool to hear the full stop between every word when you are speaking. Fine, if they aren't twins why the heck do they look alike.

Wa wah wa wah wah wa wa

Pageant girls. You got Pageant girls. *buries face in hands* That is even lower than stealing ideas from America's Next Top Model. At least that show has survived through many seasons. No you had to go and steal this idea from Treasure Hunters, I swear I remember NBC canceling that half way through the finale show and showing a test pattern for the last half hour.. Now if you were to steal a few of their clue writers...

WA WAH WA WAH WAH WA WA

Fine, fine, I'll get back to work.

Dusdice is a 26 year old Marketing Director from Riverside California and the reigning Miss California. Kantin is a 24 year old Rockette and Miss New York. They were put together as roommates during Miss America and became close friends even though Dusdice is religious and conservative and Kantin is probably on some Girls Gone Wild tape somewhere. They think they will like this competition as they feel TAR will be more objective than pageants. They are athletic but don't have a lot of travel experience. Dusdice would like to visit the UK during the race but Kantin says she is "easy" (I am not making this up). They are open to having a Showmance, but that isn't their main goal.

Erwin is a 32 year old Insurance Company Manager. Godwin, his brother, is a 29 year old Financial Analyst. They are from San Francisco. They have a close but competitive relationship with each other. They have had one trip together as adults. There was a car accident and Erwin dropped Godwin off at a bus station in the Outback of Australia. Erwin knows some Spanish. Godwin speaks a lot of dead languages but also Japanese, Spanish and Korean. They do wear their terror on their sleeves and have a lot of phobias so they may be fun to watch. Can they compete together rather than with each other will be the question.

Kellie is a 22 year old Broadcast Journalism Student and her best friend Jamie is a 22 year old college graduate from Columbia South Carolina. They were co-captains of the Univ. of South Carolina Cheerleading squad. Their page on See-BS says "just might have what it takes to be the first female Team to win THE AMAZING RACE." Are we looking at our winners, or are they doomed? They are big fans of the show especially the Hippies and Romber. They are athletic and love to travel, but have only traveled in the US. They took Spanish in High School Jamie remembers more than Kellie. They hope people will like their personalities and will help them out.

Lyn is a 32 year old 4th grade school teacher. Her best friend Karalyn is a 32 year old Program Analyst and they are from Alabama and met in the 9th grade. They have never traveled abroad and like the idea of having an adventure on someone else's dime. Lyn worked out and studied some key phrases in other languages, Karalyn worked on her Spanish. Their kids think they are making a movie. Lyn doesn't want to bungee jump and Karalyn is a poor swimmer (I am not making this up). Lyn says she is not so good at tedious things, uh-oh, and Karalyn can be hot tempered. That is always a winning combination. They think they will always be friends.

Peter is a 35 year old Clinical Prothetist and his friend Sarah is a 31 year old Motivational Speaker. They are from California. She is motivational because she lost her leg a 7 years old from a birth defect and has run 7 marathons and has competed in the Iron man Triathlon in Hawaii. They used to work together and have traveled together a lot for work and for triathlons. They know how to travel with the added issues from the prosthetics and when carrying a lot of equipment. He speaks German and she speaks Spanish.

Rob and Kimberly are dating and from Los Angeles. He is a 31 year old Bartender and Real Estate Student and she is a 28 year old in Public Relations. They met working at a bar together. They have recently moved in together and are doing the race to test their relationship. They are very different personality-wise but complement each other well. They believe that they have worked out all their relationship stuff while preparing for the race, lets hope so. He would like to go to New Zealand and she would like to go to Brazil. They know that couples that fight a lot do not win the race.

Tom is a 39 year old College Admissions Director and Terry is a 45 year old Special Events Director. They live in New York City and have been dating since they met at a Date Bait Dance, aka "losers dance". They have been preparing by walking a lot and wearing heavy backpacks. Tom has done some international travel and can speak some Spanish; Terry is more fluent in Spanish. They think they appear non-threatening funny and safe. They hope this will let them play other people like a chess game. They say living in NYC is preparation for the race because they are very skilled at dealing with taxis.

Tyler (29) and James (27) are both Models in LA and best friends. They originally met through drug addiction but really became friends after they got clean and sober. For work they have done a lot of traveling in foreign countries trying to find a dot on a map together. Tyler is more aggressive and James is more patient so they feel they complement each other. They are physically fit and Tyler gave up smoking in preparation for the race. Tyler is single so may work the ladies during the race, but the priority is to win, but they would like to have some fun along the way.

Vipul is a 29 year old Salesman and Arti is a 27 year old Nutritional Educator. They met as friends through Tae Bo and it developed into dating and then marriage. They are big fans of the race. He was born in India and moved to the US when he was three. She was born in South Africa and moved to the US at 17. They feel that being culturally diverse will help them be respectful of other cultures. They have traveled a little bit together internationally and speak several languages. She is the calm one and he is more high strung and they think they will complement each other in stressful situations. They have been brushing up on languages, working out and Arti has been forcing Vipul to eat healthy in preparation for the race.

So far no clear front runners in the Happy Dance Sweepstakes so we will have to see what the show will bring.

Ready.Set.Race!!!

We start with Phil riding a Boat of a Different Color outside the Emerald City in Oz. Wow, it is the multidimensional as well as the multi-ethnic Amazing Race. Is Phil the Wizard? Who will be the Wicked Witch of TAR 10? We'll just have to watch and find out. "12 teams will embark on a race around the world for One *eye brow raise* Million Dollars."

Flying Monkeys Sea planes flying in formation transport the teams to the starting line in Seattle and we get introductions. Let's see what they say about them here, shall we. Although it should e the same ol' stuff from the web site, right?

Peter and Sarah newly, dating...What, where was that in the preshow interview. I mean I know some people were here for a Showmance, but I didn't expect it to be within a team. How long is it between the interviews and the start of the race anyway? Because that is pretty newly, I mean what they joined the mile high club in the plane ride to Seattle or what?....tri-athletes from Southern California. They have been friends for 7 years and train together (ok that we knew that hasn't changed) Sarah still has an artificial leg, just like in the pre-interview. She has had a long time crush on Peter because he can take care of her in ways other men can't. Sarah is the first woman Peter really trusts with his heart.

Bilal and Sa'eed, best friends from Cleveland Ohio. They are: Muslims, Americans, Fathers and Friends. Whew, no surprises there. Religion comes first and they will take the time from the race to pray. Rob and Kimberly, dating, from Los Angeles. They are at the either we move forward and get married or we don't stage. We need a ruling from the body language and voice analysis team to finalize the odds of either one, but I'm guessing 50/50. She wants to see how he works under pressure, and he thinks she is controlling and needs to learn she can't control him. He claims to be a human being. I will need proof of that and will not take him at his word.

Dusdice and Kantin. Beauty queens from New York City (man either the web people are messing up again or there are more changes...Miss California moved since the preshow interview or sumthin') They met at Miss America and being competitive is the glue that holds their relationship together. Mary and David are coal miner and wife from Kentucky David says they are tough because his work is dangerous and he is under stress. His role in the coal mine based on the clip seems to be pulling the ceiling of the mine down, which does sound overly-dangerous when you think about it. She didn't think he would like her at first because he is cute and she is just normal.

Erwin and Godwin are brothers from the San Francisco area. They talked about their education and showed they know how to pump some iron *fans self*. Duke and Lauren from Rhode Island. Duke shows his sensitive side and sobs when talking about being disappointed that Lauren is gay. Nice shots of Lauren's cute girlfriend while they discuss that they are working on their relationship. Vipul and Artie are a married couple from Orlando Florida. They've been married two and a half years and try to keep their Indian heritage while living the American life. They want to get some adventure out of their system before they have kids.

Kellie and Jamie are Cheerleaders from South Carolina. They start clapping rhythmically as soon as they get off the Sea plane. They love to entertain themselves and could have a conversation with a door knob (and probably have). Tyler and James, recovering drug addicts and models from Hollywood California, so they also probably have had a few conversations with door knobs in their past. They met when using, but became friends in recovery. They show some of their modeling photos, those are two pretty pretty boys. Dealing with the addiction has shown them that they have a great deal of fight in them.

Lyn and Karalyn single mothers and life long friends from Birmingham Alabama. They are both independent and think it is easier being a single Mom when you don't need other people, but it would be nice to have someone come and kill the spiders. Tom and Terry, boyfriends from New York City. They aren't there to make friends but will be friendly, they want to win.

Phil, in announcer mode, "Can these teams stand up to the stress of traveling together across nearly 40,000 miles? And who will muster the right combination of brains, brawn and teamwork to win the one million dollars ? These are *eyebrow raise* the questions waiting to be answered *bigger eyebrow raise* as we get ready to begin *biggest eyebrow raise* the Amazing Race." *Cue Dramatic Music*

Cut to all the teams standing waiting for instructions from Phil. He reminds them that they are going on a race around the world (in case anyone forgot which show they are on). The race is divided into many legs, at the end of each leg is a pitstop. Eight of these pitstops are elimination points (hmmm. 12 minus 8 is 4 last I checked and usually the final 3 race to the end...hmmmm). He warns them that in this race there will be surprises they never expected (Uh-Oh 12 minus 9 is some sort of double elimination...only time will tell). *Cue Sinister Music* Their first clue is on their bags at the bottom of the grassy hill and cars are waiting for them in the parking lot.

The world is waiting for you.
Good luck!
Travel safe!
GO!!!

One of the pretty boy's stumbles right off the starting line. Peter helps Sarah run down the steep slope. First clue:

Fly to Beijing China you may only travel on one of these two flights. United Airlines 875 departing at 1:22 pm or Korean Air 126 departing at 2:00 pm. Seats are limited first come first serve. You have $66 for the first leg of this race.

They run to the cars. Bilal has left Sa'eed in the dust. Tyler and James are the first ones out of the parking lot. Sa'eed catches up and they are second out of the lot and they praise Allah. I wonder if Allah cares more about Reality TV than Jesus does? Erwin and Godwin follow them out of the lot. Kellie and Jamie are in the car and ready to roll but Kellie has a blonde moment and cannot find the shifter Tom and Terry pull out of the lot as Jamie finally finds drive.

*Cue Amazing Race Theme*

Tyler and James are excited being the first out of the lot as are Bilal and Sa'eed to be on their way. Erwin and Godwin say they are going to the homeland even though they are Korean and not Chinese, it is bad enough when non-Asian people say they all look alike, but when Asian's can't keep it straight. I thought these boys were Ivy League types. Dusdice and Kantin can't figure out how to start the car, and David can't figure out how to get it in gear. Now Duke and Lauren can't get it in gear either. Dusdice and Kantin change places and finally are underway. David finally figures out the new-fangled car that has the shifter on the steering column (which is how I remember all the older cars both automatic and stick shift were when I was growing up, I didn't think that was all that new-fangled? Anyone else remember three on the tree? Bueller....Bueller?) Duke and Lauren are the last to get driving.

Tyler and James stop at a gas station to get directions to the airport and get passed by those who were right behind them. Bilal and Sa'eed in their passive-aggressive way find I-5 South on the right. Tom and Terry and Godwin and Erwin are still looking for I-5. Kellie and Jamie find I-5 left lane but notice the people in front of them kept going straight. They then take a right and Tom and Terry and Godwin and Erwin see them get off but do not know where I-5 is.

Rob and Kimberly see I-5 signs but are on the wrong road and he reminds her to keep an eye on the signs. Lyn and Karalyn seem to have found the right turn off and discuss that the Chinese like people from Alabama because of the Movie Forrest Gump. Wow, the things you learn watching the Amazing Race. Peter and Sarah are currently in 4th place Vipul and Arti are behind them in 5th place and both teams seem to be having no trouble finding their way. Dave and Mary stop to get directions after she explains to him that having no map she can't really check anything. They are told to get on 99 South. Duke and Lauren drive on past as they get directions.

The teams on the I-5 run into heavy traffic from an accident. Peter and Sarah decide to get off and try a side road. They get past the accident on back on I-5 in first place. Mary questions taking 99 rather than I-5 because she doesn't think it could be faster, but back in the century they come from the man makes all the decisions, but she wants them to be 50-50 on this race. That, is sure to go over really well. Kantin and Dusdice weave around the traffic believing that will make Mom proud. Sarah and Peter notice the big Thrifty parking billboard which is where they are supposed to leave their cars. David and Mary get to the airport in second place even though the man decided to listen to the directions he got from a local, I mean what could a local know anyway. Weaving in traffic (not to be confused with Weavering in traffic) has gotten Kantin and Dusdice to the airport in third. Bilal and Sa'eed try to see if Allah helps those Weavering in traffic the way Jesus does.

Phil tells us that there will be 6 teams on each flight and the Korean Air lands 1 hour later than the United flight. Peter and Sarah catch the first shuttle from parking on their own. Dusdice and Kantin meet up with David and Mary on the second shuttle from parking to the airport. Peter and Sarah check the timing of both flights and get on the United flight. While getting tickets Dusdice and Kantin share some sort of high pitched chittering that sounds like a secret twin language to me. Bilal and Sa'eed miss the Thrifty billboard and go into the car rental return lot at the airport as do Jamie and Kellie. Vipul and Arti see the Thrifty Billboard that seems to be getting as many camera shots as the clue box that hides in plain site usually gets. Tyler, James, Lyn, and Karalyn all manage to find Thrifty. After going through the whole garage Kellie and Jamie get handed directions from the parking gate person as Bilal and Sa'eed get directions shouted to them as well. Godwin and Erwin also end up going into the car rental return lot. Next up Rob and Kimberly.

Rob: Rental car return.
Kimberly: What are you talking about rental car return?
Rob. Thrifty is a Rent-a-Car company, Sweetheart.
Kimberly: I don't know that, what am I supposed to know that?
Rob: Yea
Kimberly: I don't rent cars

OK, I can live with people not being as cheap as I am and not learned that part of why Thrifty is the thrifty option is that it costs a lot less to rent a parking lot off the airport property than on the airport, but what did she think the Thrifty of park in the Thrifty lot meant? The Thrift Store, I mean they can't afford to rent space at the airport either sweetheart. I mean am I the only one that has seen Thrifty Rent-a-Car ads on TV? Bueller....Bueller?

Back to the show...Duke and Lauren find Thrifty. Meanwhile Erwin and Godwin decide to follow Rob and Kimberly who are having a fight over which way to go. Kimberly makes some vague threat about what will happen if Rob yells at her again. Sigh, all this drama and stress and we haven't even gotten anyone on an airplane, yet. Tom and Terry find the Thrifty lot with an, "I told you, off-site." Rob, Kimberly, Erwin and Godwin are all stuck in a line in the airport parking lot. Kimberly looks like someone just killed her puppy. *cue commercials*

And we are back. Directions to Thrifty means that maybe they will eventually all leave the country. Good thing as it would be a real pain for Phil to have to fly back to the US to Philiminate people at the airport. Tyler and James get on the United flight as do Duke and Lauren who find out there are not many seats left. Kellie and Jamie work on meeting everyone. Vipul of the people and then Duke and Lauren who they think are brother and sister or dating. Lyn and Karalyn get the last seats on the United flight. *Cue Sinister Music* Tom and Terry are the first ones at the Korean Air counter. Bilal and Sa'eed catch up while Vipul, Arti, Jamie and Kellie are in line. We have our first cultural moment because Muslim men do not shake woman's hands. When Kellie and Jamie get to the counter they try to decide if Muslim's believe in Buddha or not.

Don't mind me....I just need a moment...

Godwin, Erwin, Rob and Kimberly finally make it to the counter and get their tickets. Godwin and Erwin then go to the bathroom and fill up the water guns

Don't mind me...I just need another moment...

After squirting a few of their fellow Racers Airport Security comes up and takes their toys away. Tyler and James laugh. Sarah and Peter get to pre-board because of her leg which upsets the other Racers because you know different parts of the plane land at different times and it matters when you get on the thing.

Phil tells us that the United flight carries Peter and Sarah, Dusdice and Kantin, David and Mary, Tyler and James, Duke and Lauren, and Lyn and Karalyn. Bilal and Sa'eed say their prayers without getting into trouble with airport security *whew* and then we are told by Phil that the Korean flight which lands an hour later (if you forgot) Tom and Terry, Kellie and Jamie, Vipul and Arti, Bilal and Sa'eed, Erwin and Godwin and Rob and Kimberly are all on the second flight. *Cue Chinese Music*

*Close up of Delayed on the arrival board* meaning of course the United flight is delayed and lands at 8:22 pm. As they run through the airport to get to the taxis Lyn and Karalyn complain that Sarah "can run a triathlon but can't stand in line" Duke and Lauren are first in the Taxi and must travel to an area known as Kwanmen and find the Gold House Restaurant where they will find their next clue. As Karalyn and Lyn get in the car they tell the driver "Quak Quak, Race Race" (Kuai using the pinyin transliteration means quick or fast which mandrintools.com says should sound more like Kwhy) Mary is overwhelmed by being in Beijing. The taxi with Lyn and Karalyn pass by Peter and Sarah and we have our first rivalry. Peter and Sarah say the Alabama girls don't like them because they out run them and Karalyn and Lyn say they are already sick of Peter and Sarah. See the cheerleaders clap for their fast taxi driver. Clap Chearleaders. Clap. The teams from the second plane hope they can catch up and Erwin and Godwin notice that China is a lot like Korea, just more Chinese Characters. Honestly, time for a refund from those colleges you sent your boys to. Duke and Lauren get to the clue box first, and we have a roadblock.

Unlike previous seasons, a roadblock is a task that only one person may perform. Phil tells us that for this roadblock the person must muster the intestinal fortitude to indulge in a Chinese delicacy....fish eyes. They must eat all the eyeballs out of a bowl of fish head stew to receive their next clue.

Fish heads, Fish heads
Rolly polly Fish heads
Fish heads, Fish heads
Eat them up, Yummm

In the morning
Laughing, happy
Fish Heads
In the evening
Floating in the soup

Fish heads, Fish heads
Rolly polly Fish heads
Fish heads, Fish heads
Eat them up, Yummm

Who is hungry to stay in the race?

Duke and Karalyn are our first two fish eye eaters. Lauren tells her Daddy she loves him as Karalyn has issues with chopsticks. Peter does the Roadblock and Karalyn finishes the roadblock first.

Take a taxi to the Forbidden City and find the Meridian Gate

Phil tells us once they find the gate they will find a kiosk where they will pull times for departure the next morning. It is here that teams will find the first big surprise of the race. Duke finishes his fish eyes in second place. *Foreshadow Gong of Doom Warning* In the taxi ride over Lauren guesses that the last team to the kiosk will be eliminated and then decides that no, not this early. Peter finishes his fish eyes before any other teams arrive.

Dusdice or Kantin is hungry but the taxi takes them to the wrong place. Mary eats the eyes for her team but has problems with the chopsticks. While Kantin and Dusdice try to find the Golden House Tyler and James Arrive. James is eating eyes for his team. David and Mary leave as Jamie and Kellie arrive at the clue box. Tyler and James go out the door as Kellie and Jamie go in and Jamie eats for the team. They realize that the other flight was not that far ahead of theirs and they are now caught up. Tyler and James beat out David in Mary in finding a cab and once Mary and David finally find a cab they tell the driver "Real Fast, Quak Quak". Tom and Terry arrive and Terry will eat. Dusdice and Kantin are still wandering around the mall as Jamie finishes her fish eyes. Terry finishes and still Dusdice and Kantin can't find anyone who knows where the Golden House is in the mall. *cue Commercials*

Dusdice and Kantin finally find someone who knows where the Golden House is and will take them there, 10 minutes away if they run. Rob says he will tip the driver if he goes faster. The last three teams are in cabs going slow. Rob, Kimberly, Dusdice and Kantin all arrive at the Golden House together. Kandice and Rob are the eye eaters for these two teams.

Peter and Sarah get to the kiosk first and take a 7:00 am time. Duke and Lauren, then Karalyn and Lyn get to the kiosk and also pull 7:00 am times. Tyler and James get the last 7:00 am slot. Vipul and Arti arrive before Kantin and Rob are done eating. Kimberly and Arti helpfully gag while their men eat eyes.

Mary and David get out of the taxi and Tom, Terry, Kellie and Jamie drive by them. All three teams get 7:15 am times. Kantin finishes eating first as Erwin and Godwin are dropped off at the wrong location. Bilal and Sa'eed arrive (the beards as Arti calls them, I am not making this up). Bilal eats the eyes for his team. Rob finishes then Vipul as Godwin and Erwin try to find the Golden House. Dusdice and Kantin get the last 7:15 am slot. Bilal finishes and comments that what does he know about Chopsticks being from Cleveland. Godwin and Erwin realize they are the last team at the Roadblock, Erwin eats the eyes. Rob and Kimberly notice *Foreshadowing Gong of Doom Warning* that one of the pulls says "last team". As Erwin finishes his eyes, Bilal and Sa'eed's taxi driver gets out to ask for directions. Vipul and Arti also have to stop for directions. Erwin and Godwin catch up. Vipul and Arti, then Erwin and Godwin pull the last two 7:30 slots. Bilal and Sa'eed get the "Last Team" card. The guard at the kiosk directs them over to a mat where Phil dramatically steps out of the shadows.

"Bilal and Sa'eed you are the last team to arrive at this point in the race." *Cue Tension-filled Music* "I said there would be surprises. Even though this is not a pit-stop you have both been eliminated from the race." Everyone is shocked by this twist, and sad to see two guys that seemed really nice out this way. *Cue Dramatic Music and then commercials*

This, does not make me happy dance. Non-elimination pit-stops are annoying but Elimination Nonpit-stops just make me sad. I can understand wanting to twist the game but surely there was someone other than whoever came up with double elimination episodes on Survivor and Big Bother because you cast too darn many people.

Wa wa wah wah wah wa wa
Fine, fine back to work, sheesh.

When we return more shock and awe over the twist and then off to our next clue

Travel by motorbike to the junction of 14 Haohai and North Bank Road

They will travel in the side cars of WWII era motorbikes to a Pedi-cab location where the manager will give them the next clue. On the way we are told that Sarah's leg is leaking hydraulic fluid. It will not cause any pain, just make it harder to use. Unfortunately it is one of the things they can't fix along the way. Karalyn and Lyn think other teams are surprised they are doing so well. Tyler and James speak of addiction giving them fight Opening the next clue we find Detour

Labor or Leisure

Phil tells us they will have to chose between two things seen all over Beijing. In Labor they will take a pedi-cab one mile to a market and will have to use traditional bricks and methods to pave a 45 square foot section of sidewalk. The task is physical but teams with enough strength could finish fast. In Leisure they take a pedi-cab two miles to Bei Hai park. They will take part in a new relaxation exercise know as Taiji Bai Long Qiu (White Dragon Ball) http://www.rchongtaichi.com/articles/tjssb.html. They must perform the task in unison. It does not require strength but teams without enough coordination may be stuck there a long time.

The first four teams all choose Labor. What they need to realize is they need to lay the large gray bricks on the outside before doing the red bricks in the center. No team notices this and they all start in with the red bricks. Tyler and James are the first to notice the large gray bricks. Sarah notices what the boys are doing and Duke and Lauren also see they need the gray bricks. Lyn and Karalyn then notice the gray bricks. *Cue Frantic Music*

The next set of teams makes it to the pedi-cabs. Dusdice and Kantin chose Labor. Tom and Terry and Kellie and Jamie chose Leisure. The girls figure they are cheerleaders they have balance, they'll go 5,6,7,8 and balance. Traffic is bad on the way to the park. David and Mary chose Labor. Vipul and Arti are going in circles or not-circles somewhere on the motorbike. Rob and Kimberly choose Labor. Erwin and Godwin also choose Labor. Vipul and Arti try to find someone that speaks English and knows where they are going. *Cue Commercial*

Vipul and Arti finally find someone who can direct them where to go to find the pedi-cabs. Tyler and James get their bricks laid first and get the next clue.

Take a taxi to the pitstop

Phil tells us the teams must travel to Juyongguan one of the gateways to the Great Wall of China. To gain access to the pit-stop they must us a rope to climb the wall. The last team to arrive may be eliminated. Who are we kidding, the are not going to do a Non-elimination pit-stop and an Elimination nonpit-stop in the same episode. That would be too mean.

While Tyler and James look for a taxi, Peter and Sarah finish their paving. Lyn and Karalyn complain that Peter and Sarah just threw theirs together, he micromanages her too much and they can kiss their behinds. As Tyler and James are running for a taxi Kantin and Dusdice pull up. They think the boys are cute, but dangerous. Duke and Lauren finish. Lyn and Karalyn complain and Sarah pulls the please give the handicapped girl a taxi in an emergency card. Duke and Lauren are in a cab while Tyler and James are still looking. Dave and Mary arrive at the brick laying place and get started. Tyler and James finally find a taxi that will take them. Rob and Kimberly make it to the market to lay bricks as Lyn and Karalyn finish the task. Dusdice and Kantin finish up their bricks in record time and get going as Lyn and Karalyn get in a taxi and complain, again.

Rob and Kimberly get into a fight, again. He doesn't want to listen that the other teams did something different as their squares look smaller. He doesn't like it when they take tones with each other. Kimberly finally notices that David is using the gray bricks. Meanwhile back a cheer camp. Clap Clap Clapclapclap Let's Go they are finally out of traffic and on their way to the park. As they learn to do the moves the boys keep dropping balls. Back at Fit Camp Erwin and Godwin arrive. They start to take the gray bricks from David's pile and he stops them telling them that this is not the Community Pile. Then the girls start flinging balls back at Cheer Camp. Arti and Vipul finally arrive at Fit camp and figure out they have to lay the gray bricks.

Approaching the Great Wall Of China, Peter gives Sarah a pep talk about her upper body strength and she gushes about him maybe being the great love of her life. Duke and Lauren fly past them in the taxi saying something closer to Kwhy than Quak. Peter and Sarah start climbing up the stairs While Duke is trying to figure out how to get up there Tyler and James see the ropes. Duke and Lauren also see the ropes. Peter and Sarah run around while he gives her a continual pep talk. Finally they realize they have gone the wrong way and have to go back down and over to the climbing rigs. Tyler goes first of the boys. At first he isn't going to use the loops on the rope but after about 2 feet of climbing realizes they are there for a reason and maybe he should use them. Duke goes first for his team and Sarah goes first for hers. Duke is having a hard time with two legs and Sarah is really having a hard time getting going. Duke nears the top and Sarah is freaking out that she can't do it. She can't get a foot hold. *Cue Commercial for Dramatic effect*

As Sarah finally finds a way to clime the rope James gets to the top and Tyler and James are first to the pit-stop and win a $20,000 prize. They are proud of the drive they have that got them through. Duke is struggling near the top of the wall and Lauren proves she is her father's daughter after all by finishing the episode with the same sobs her Father started us out with. Sarah pep talks her self to the top of the wall. She near the top seems to have found way to use the loops with her feet so she didn't have to do it all with upper body strength alone. Now Peter realizes he has to do it and thinks he is going to look like the ding-a-ling. Lauren seems to climb the wall without much trouble so Duke and Lauren are team number two and want to keep putting their differences aside and use this opportunity to bond.

As Peter and Sarah get to the mat we return to the Camp Fit Club and bricklaying. Guess what, David and Mary are fighting, still. Dusdice or Kantin is climbing the wall and seems to have figured out early on how to use the loops as foot holds. Rob and Kimberly finish their bricklaying next and are in the hunt for a taxi. David and Mary tell them where the taxis are as Lyn and Karalyn who have never really been climbing get to the wall. As they struggle to figure out the puzzle of what do I do with my feet to get a hold Erwin and Godwin are working on how to finish the puzzle of their brickwork. Vipul and Arti seem to be having problems getting the gray bricks lined up and we cut to the Taiji Bai Long Qui to see if the Jamie and Kellies magic Cheerleading powers will get them ahead of Tom and Terry...and apparently not. The boyfriends finish and get their clue while Kellie and Jamie give it one more go.

Back at the Great Wall Dusdice and Kantin are Team number 4. Jamie and Kellie finish the routine and are going to the Great Wall of Whatever. Karalyn can't figure out how to get started on climbing as David and Mary approach all excited about actually getting to see the Great Wall. Erwin and Godwin finish back at the brick laying while Vipul and Arti still seem to have problems getting it started. Erwin and Godwin catch up to Kimberly and Rob during the taxi quest. Since Erwin and Godwin know where to go they tell Rob and Kimberly to follow them. Erwin and Godwin are hoping for some good Karma from helping another team. Tom, Terry, Kellie and Jamie get to the wall and our ëBama girls are still trying to get off the ground. Tom gets off balance about half-way up and fears he is going to fall. David is struggling and Mary worries it will be too hard. After seeing others using the loops for footing it seems Lyn and Karalyn finally start to figure out how to climb the wall. Vipul and Arti finally finish their sidewalk section and head for the pit-stop. Tom is stuck half-way up and gets encouragement from Terry and Mary that he can do it. Even using the foot loops Karalyn is not getting off the ground and has a fall. *cue commercial*

Terry tells Tom that he has to go straight (I am not making this up) so he can get up the wall. David tells Mary how to do it and she worries he is helping other people Rob, Kimberly, Erwin and Godwin get to the Wall. Kimberly goes first for her team and makes quick work of it, Erwin and Rob say she has game. Kellie and Jamie arrive and realize it is just like Cheerleading step up drills. Vipul and Arti are trying to stay calm while David tells Mary to use your legs as much as your arms. When he tries to encourage her while she is climbing she tells him that him shutting up is what she needs. Karalyn finally gets up the wall. Tom has bloodied his knees but also finishes the climb. Kimberly and Godwin finish the climb. Rob and Kimberly are Team number 5. Kellie and Jamie are team number 6. Erwin and Godwin are team number 7. Tom and Terry are team number 8 and give us a demonstration of the dance technique they used at the "losers" Dance.

David tells Mary to use her legs and is told to shut up. Karalyn tells Lyn to use her legs but doesn't get yelled at. Lyn makes it to the top and they are team number 9. Mary keeps saying she is sorry. David tells her he loves her and she did great. They are team number 10. Mary says David told her they were last. She hugs everyone but David and Phil directs her to give him a hug too. Vipul and Arti climb the wall and they are the last team to arrive. They had a short but amazing experience. They think they complete each other and have confidence in each other, it is true love.

No happy dances tonight. Two eliminations of two teams I really started to like. We have potential Happy Dance moments as the three fussing and a feuding teams of Karalyn and Lyn, Rob and Kimberly and David and Mary are already working my last nerve.

*Stay tuned for scenes from the next episode*

Tempers flare between Rob and Kimberly. Horses have their own plan for some teams. One person gets knocked off with a low hanging branch (which has happened to me) Another person gets dragged (which looks really scary even though it has never happened to me) Peter and Sarah have problems with the beast pulling their wagon and fear they may be done.

Haunted by Tribe!

Table of contents

Messages in this discussion
"yay"
Posted by cqvenus on 09-19-06 at 11:15 AM

good summary.

i think the two rehab rejects like each other and don't realize it yet.

as for the muslims, i am so glad for the rest of the muslim world that these two were the first boot. i don't think they were prepared to represent an entire faith.

~ cqc

"RE: Official TAR10 Episode 1 Summary: "So You Think You Can Make Me Happy Dance?""
Posted by Cyndimaus on 09-19-06 at 11:56 AM
Wow, what speed! You may just win the race!

Excellent summary! (I expected nothing less)

siggie by ARnutz
bounced by Icey
Maus Musings

"RE: Official TAR10 Episode 1 Summary: "So You Think You Can Make Me Happy Dance?""
Posted by dragonflies on 09-19-06 at 01:16 PM
Thanks for the summary Snidget! I had almost forgotten some of it.

talking since before I was born!

Posted by FishWoman on 09-19-06 at 04:35 PM
Excellent summary, Snidget!

This is my first season watching TAR, so I am interested to see how the season plays out.

~vintage tribephyl~

Posted by Earl Colby Pottinger on 09-19-06 at 04:43 PM
Since I missed the first half-hour (TWICE! No-one told me it was repeating on OLN on monday 8:00pm) you summary was a God-Sent. Plus it was funny too. Good work, and again thanks for the summary.

Posted by tvgeek401 on 09-23-06 at 04:47 AM
What? OLN at 8? Is this going to happen every week?

oh, and nice summary.

Posted by Earl Colby Pottinger on 09-23-06 at 04:42 PM
I sure hope so, but I don't have a TV guide so I don't really know. We will see this Monday.

"Great Job!"
Posted by michel on 09-19-06 at 08:06 PM
>"Terry tells Tom that he has to go straight (I am not making this up)"
...Excuse me, now I need a moment!

That was great. Many funny lines.

Posted by cahaya on 09-19-06 at 09:47 PM
Great summary, Snidget, and first at the mat. Wow, that was fast!

Foo dogs by Tribe

You have just won a Travelocity trip for two to the TAR Fanatics forum, all expenses paid!

Posted by mysticwolf on 09-19-06 at 10:23 PM
I have to follow this? Way to go, Snidg!!! Great job.

And, we seem to be two parts of the same person. Not only do we both play Tai Chi (I'll bet different forms), we've had some of the same experiences with horses. Except... I have been dragged (for me it was mostly scary after it was over), but I've never been knocked off by a branch.

Autumn by Tribe blogging's scary

Posted by buckeyegirl on 09-19-06 at 11:16 PM
Super fast and great job....I love Dusdice and Kantin.
Too many great quotes to put them all here.

A scary ARnutz..bouncy by IceCat

Posted by Silvergirl1 on 09-20-06 at 01:07 AM

Great job, Snidget! Thank you.

Amazing sig pic by Tribe, 2006!

Posted by Max Headroom on 09-20-06 at 10:03 AM
Directions to Thrifty means that maybe they will eventually all leave the country. Good thing as it would be a real pain for Phil to have to fly back to the US to Philiminate people at the airport.

* snort *

Well done!

Posted by beau_30 on 09-20-06 at 10:34 AM
I didn't get a chance to finish the summary, but I will be back later to read it. On the way to school. Fun. But I just wanted to say this

Racers because you know different parts of the plane land at different times and it matters when you get on the thing.

I do not want to ride that plane and end up like lost.

Blondes have Feelings as well

Posted by bullzeye on 09-20-06 at 12:24 PM
Awesome Summary! And timely too! Way too many funny lines to quote them all, but this:

They are best friends and Cleveland Brown's fans so adversity shouldn't bother them.

Made me laugh out loud!

A birthday present from Tribe

Posted by strid333 on 09-21-06 at 01:15 AM
Great way to kick off another season!

Three is the perfect number.

Posted by dajaki on 09-23-06 at 11:19 AM
Great summary! You make me happy dance.

Posted by ARnutz on 09-23-06 at 05:13 PM
LMAO!!! You? ROCK!!!

I especially loved the "twin" thing and the fish head song!

Posted by Seana on 09-24-06 at 11:26 PM
Yay! I finally had the chance to read this!

Good job, Snidget.

I particularly liked:

- The "wah wah wah" production staff
- Dustice and Kandin

See the cheerleaders clap for their fast taxi driver. Clap Chearleaders. Clap.

...see if the Jamie and Kellies magic Cheerleading powers will get them ahead of Tom and Terry...and apparently not.

Posted by Jims02 on 09-26-06 at 08:15 PM
Sorry that this reply is kinda late... If I'm too late, I'll just choose not to reply.

Just kidding. Great summary, Snidget. I really liked the following line in particular:

Non-elimination pit-stops are annoying but Elimination Nonpit-stops just make me sad.

I couldn't have said it better myself.