URL: http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi
Forum: DCForumID102
Thread Number: 1372
[ Go back to previous page ]

Original Message
"S24 One World PTTE Entry"

Posted by kircon on 02-09-12 at 08:24 PM
PTTE was born September 28, 2001, during the S3 Africa season. sleeve created this fun game for RTVW’s enjoyment. Drich61 stepped in to continue the fun. The Mistress emydi stepped up next and added a little more to the game. During S13 Cook Island three host took turns; myself, Xwraith, and emydi. I took over hosting duties with the beginning of S14 Fiji. Today, I am posting the 22th version. I am hosting my 12th season of Survivor PTTE. Where has the time gone? There have been many additions to this game; today I am changing things a bit. I am hoping to lighten the rules.

PTTE: The longest running game at Blows!

Are you ready for some PTTE?

What's a PTTE, you ask? Well PTTE means:

"Picks To The End"

S24 PTTE: One World

Welcome Back!

It’s time for a new season of Survivor.
The 24nd to be exact.
Can you believe it?

We are still in the South Pacific
On the island of Samoa
On one beach
Two tribes, one beach
Now this we can sink our teeth into

The best news is
No Redemption
You don’t know how happy that makes me!!!

There are 18 Survivors trying to win a million dollars.

Who do you think will win?
Who will be the first Survivor kicked off?
Where will everyone else place?

Those are a few of the questions of this game.

To start this game you will need to

Post a list that reflects your prediction
about the ENTIRE boot order for the season.

Starting with the first castaway (#18)
& ending with the winner (#1).

Unless you play the Teal game.

This doesn't need to have any analysis,
although you're welcome to throw in anything you want...
this is a game and is intended to be fun.

To start you on your way here are your contestants:
(information from the CBS Site)

Alicia Rosa (25) Chicago, Ill.

Pet Peeves: Bad manners (burping, farting), rushing and people who talk about themselves.
3 Words to Describe You: Confident, funny and ambitious.

Why You Think You’ll “Survive” SURVIVOR: I’m educated, intelligent and can strategize.
Why You Think You Will Be the Sole SURVIVOR: People will underestimate me because of my good looks and I will show everyone how powerful I can be by using them to my advantage.

Bill Posley (28) Venice, Calif.

Pet Peeves: Clichés
3 Words to Describe You: Funny, adaptable and persistent.

Why You Think You’ll “Survive” SURVIVOR: Athletic ex-military experience, intelligence, competitive spirit, ability to adapt and being a team player.
Why You Think You Will Be the Sole SURVIVOR: I am physically capable; I make a great teammate and would do whatever it takes.

Chelsea Meissner (26) Charleston, S.C.

Pet Peeves: Slow drivers and people who stand too close to me at the checkout line.
3 Words to Describe You: Funny, driven and bad #####.

Why You Think You’ll “Survive” SURVIVOR: I am extremely creative and am known for turning nothing into something. I have experience spear fishing and hunting. I am also good at making people laugh to lighten the mood.
Why You Think You Will Be the Sole SURVIVOR: I’m athletic, competitive, know how to play a smart game, love the outdoors and am easy to get along with.

Christina Cha (29) Hollywood, Calif.

Pet Peeves: When people have poor follow-up skills.
3 Words to Describe You: Fearless, unstoppable and empowering.

Why You Think You’ll “Survive” SURVIVOR: I’m very great at delegating, instructing, leading, organizing and problem solving. I can build a fire, fish, spear fish (sort of) and build shelter.
Why You Think You Will Be the Sole SURVIVOR: Survivor needs a funny, goofy and cute Asian girl! It’s time to represent.

Colton Cumbie (21) Monroeville, Ala.

Pet Peeves: Ugly people who think they’re hot.
3 Words to Describe You: Adorable, entertaining and opinionated.

Why You Think You’ll “Survive” SURVIVOR: I live my life as I if I’m playing Survivor! I have a strategy for everything. Hell, the way I got my boyfriend was a strategy.
Why You Think You Will Be the Sole SURVIVOR: I don’t believe, I know! There has never been anyone with the social skills and charisma I possess on this show. I’m confident, hilarious, athletic, good looking, adorable and I have good teeth with a hint of Southern charm. What more could you want?

Greg Smith (64) Houston, Texas

Pet Peeves: Inequity and deceit.
3 Words to Describe You: Creative, childlike, (but not childish) and honorable.
SURVIVOR Contestant You Are Most Like: Coach Ben Wade – he seems to be a romantic, adventurer, poetic and creative.

Why You Think You’ll “Survive” SURVIVOR: I’m of the jungle and part of nature.
Why You Think You Will Be the Sole SURVIVOR: Other than the misfortunes of contretemps, I hope to outwit, outplay, outlast.

Jay Byars (25) Gaffney, S.C.

Pet Peeves: Smacking gum, bad breath and clingy texters.
3 Words to Describe You: Active, daring and charming.

Why You Think You’ll “Survive” SURVIVOR: I have heart. Plus, I’m very level headed. I’m going to be calm and consistent when people are breaking down.
Why You Think You Will Be the Sole SURVIVOR: I know that I have the will and the skill to make it to the end. I have overcome a lot in life, and who you are is how you play. I’m a winner.

Jonas Otsuji (37) Lehi, Utah

Pet Peeves: People that constantly complain.
3 Words to Describe You: Passionate, determined and motivated.

Why You Think You’ll “Survive” SURVIVOR: I know how to fish, make fire, shelter and cook amazing food.
Why You Think You Will Be the Sole SURVIVOR: I believe I could be the final Survivor because I have a proven track record of doing what I set out to achieve. I can make fire, build shelter, cook and get along with people to win their votes.

Kat Edorsson (22) Orlando, Fla.
Pet Peeves: Long lines at the DMV, seat belts on airplanes, girly girls and small children with leashes.
3 Words to Describe You: Competitive, eager and passionate.

Why You Think You’ll “Survive” SURVIVOR: My skills to manipulate and socialize will ultimately help me survive Survivor. I have always taken the “leader role” with my friends, family and co-workers. I build relationships, talk my way out of tickets, and socialize my way to the top. My skill set is very strong and it comes to me naturally, like breathing. I definitely think I will be an important member of the group.
Why You Think You Will Be the Sole SURVIVOR: My life has already played this game and I won. I have faced life and death situations at a very young age. I’m a fighter and I’ll never quit. I’m very good at getting my way, talking people into things and ultimately marketing and selling myself. I may be a 22-year-old blonde but I’m much tougher than I look. I want to be the youngest female to ever win the game!

Kim Spradlin (29) San Antonio, Texas

Pet Peeves: Speed bumps, corny humor, people who honk to reprimand rather than as a warning, and really bad bridesmaid dresses (there’s no reason for that, really).
3 Words to Describe You: Passionate, warm and clever.

Why You Think You’ll “Survive” SURVIVOR: My mental toughness, wicked throwing arm (for a girl), and people sometimes underestimate my sneakiness.
Why You Think You Will Be the Sole SURVIVOR: I believe in treating all people with respect and honor. Why would you vote off someone who respects you?

Kourtney Moon (29) Austin, Texas

Pet Peeves: I’ve had bad, bad experiences with people who have low moral codes. I just have NO patience for hypocrisy and folks who regularly enjoy the smell of their own farts. Lack of respect for monogamy is a huge pet peeve of mine, as well as people who chew others and spit them out simply because they can... basically, sociopaths and narcissists.
3 Words to Describe You: Creative, scatter-brained and impulsive.

Why You Think You’ll “Survive” SURVIVOR: I have great diplomatic skills and I’m a good mediator. I often see a person’s positive side over the negative, which makes me very forgiving and accepting. I have no problem leading, following, or getting out of the way when appropriate.
Why You Think You Will Be the Sole SURVIVOR: Because nothing in this world makes any sense whatsoever and anything really IS possible.

Leif Manson (27) San Diego, Calif.

Pet Peeves: Being taken advantage of and back-stabbers.
3 Words to Describe You: Agile, adventurous and perseverant.

Why You Think You’ll “Survive” SURVIVOR: I am knowledgeable about the wilderness; I can tell direction without a compass regardless of day or night. I can fish and build fire without using modern tools. I’m definitely a handy man and very physically fit and strong.
Why You Think You Will Be the Sole SURVIVOR: Because I am beyond willing, ready and able to “outwit, outplay and outlast” all the others.

Matt Quinlan (33) San Francisco, Calif.

Pet Peeves: Complaining, pessimism and over-the-top subjectivity.
3 Words to Describe You: Ambitious, optimistic and dependable.

Why You Think You’ll “Survive” SURVIVOR: I’ll die out there before I quit. The only way I am leaving that island is with a tag on my toe or with a snuffed torch.
Why You Think You Will Be the Sole SURVIVOR: I think I have a lot of attributes that will help me succeed in the game: athleticism, charisma, smarts, etc. That said, these things are also going to make me a target in the game of Survivor, so figuring out how to use these traits in a non-intimidating way will be the key to my success.

Michael Jefferson (30) Seattle, Wash.

Pet Peeves: Annoying eaters, bad breath, people who grunt while working out, and people that “need” a cigarette.
3 Words to Describe You: A leader, ambitious and organized.

Why You Think You’ll “Survive” SURVIVOR: I am a natural leader who knows when to keep my mouth shut. People always listen to my opinions and I am a hard worker. I am very much a people person and with all the back-stabbing that goes on with Survivor, I don’t see it happening to me.
Why You Think You Will Be the Sole SURVIVOR: I am a very driven person and can usually get what I want. I am a natural leader but will gladly step aside to take the spotlight off of me. I am also a very persuasive person who has learned to keep your enemies close so that it’s easier to control and predict their movements. I am unstoppable!!

Monica Culpepper (41) Tampa, Fla.

Pet Peeves: People who are two-faced, unappreciative and lazy. Also, messy cars!
3 Words to Describe You: Loyal, tenacious and gritty.

Why You Think You’ll “Survive” SURVIVOR: I am enthusiastic, pleasant to be around and a great motivator. I’m like a chameleon; I can get along with all kinds of people. Being great at multi-tasking, I am able to process and calculate clearly under stress.
Why You Think You Will Be the Sole SURVIVOR: I’m never afraid to go out on a limb when it comes to getting something I want.

Nina Acosta (51) Clovis, Calif.

Pet Peeves: I hate whining, being called a “girl” and rude drivers.
3 Words to Describe You: Tenacious, competitive and confident.

Why You Think You'll "Survive" SURVIVOR: I thrive on being a team player; I have a never-quit attitude and I can deal with pain and discomfort.
Why You Think You Will Be the Sole SURVIVOR: In 1991 and 1993 I competed for the S.W.A.T. Team. Both times the two week tryouts took place in Camp Pendleton and I was the only woman competing against 19 men. There were 40 S.W.A.T. officers judging the process. Neither the competitors nor the S.W.A.T. members wanted me there. I had to mentally, emotionally and physically challenge myself everyday.

Sabrina Thompson (33) Brooklyn, N.Y.

Pet Peeves: People who put leashes on kids! Really?! Also, people who enter elevators or subways before others exit, people who spit and guys that constantly adjust their genitals.
3 Words to Describe You: Blunt, versatile and athletic.

Why You Think You’ll “Survive” SURVIVOR: My skills as a supreme persuader because I used to book guests for talk shows. I adapt to all personalities since I teach high school in Brooklyn and my athleticism and excellent communication ability.
Why You Think You Will Be the Sole SURVIVOR: I have a superb balance of wit, athleticism and social charisma. I know how to stroke egos and get people to do what I want…then go for the kill when they least expect it.

Troy Robertson (50) Miami, Fla.

Pet Peeves: People that constantly text while I’m having a conversation with them, bad drivers and women with manly hands.
3 Words to Describe You: Adventurous, determined and entertaining.

Why You Think You’ll “Survive” SURVIVOR: I’m a true outdoorsman. I can make a fire with two sticks. I am a swimmer and a natural born leader. I have the ability to make people the best they can be. I have great animal instincts and swim like a dolphin.
Why You Think You Will Be the Sole SURVIVOR: I believe it’s my destiny. Truthfully, because I believe 100% that Survivor was created for me. I’ve been waiting 10 years and nothing will stop me! I have the skills and energy for every single category played on Survivor. There is not a single person on this planet more suited for this adventure!

Now that you have met the Survivors, it is time to make your list.

Here are the divisions:

There will only be two this season

Regular PTTE

– Lowest score wins

Post your prediction for the ENTIRE boot order for the season
Starting with first booted (#18)
and ending with Sole Survivor (#1)

If you want to play spoiler-free, enter the regular game and I will keep you posted with PM’s (private messages).

Medium Teal PTTE

– Highest score wins

Post your prediction for the ENTIRE boot order for the season
Starting with the Sole Survivor (#18)
and ending with first booted (#1)

Okay... how do you play:

SCORING:

1) You do NOT want points...they're bad... it's like golf.
Every point counts against you in the standings, so try to avoid them,
unless you are playing the MEDIUM TEAL game.
then you want all the points you can get.

2) Points will be awarded to each boot, after each episode.

They will be awarded as the difference between
where you thought this week's castaway would finish
and where the castaway actually finished.

3) There will be several tie-breaker questions.
Check back to catch them. I will also send out a PM to alert you.
I have used several tie-breaker questions the last few seasons
to break ties and even determine a winner.

4) Entry is always open!
Entry is free for the first two weeks.

If you do not enter before the 2nd episode, you will start with a score equivalent to 8 (-8) points per episode you missed. That means that it's possible to join the game after several episodes and
enter in first place, but statistically speaking, you'll have a better chance if you enter earlier.

NEW

5) List Changes

I have been racking my brain for the last few seasons, to try to come up with a fair game. I have made several changes along the way to improve our oldest game. Again, I believe I have found a way to even up the chasm between spoiled and unspoiled, one-list and 6 list changes.

* Enter before February 15, 6:59 pm central and receive a free list change.

* 2nd week February 22: Anyone can change their list or enter free.

* From week 3 and on, you may only change your list on these dates

* February 29: Anyone may change a list for 5 (-5) points.
Free edits may be used.

* March 21: Anyone may change a list for 10 (-10) points.
Free edits may be used. Last time.

Not sure of exact dates yet:
* Three weeks from the end of Wednesday shows
Anyone may change a list for 15 (-15) points.
No free edits

*Last two Wednesday shows & Finale show
Anyone may change their list for 20 (-20) points.
No free edits

*I will send out a PM message reminding you of a list change event.

I hope this is clear. First two weeks are free to change.
Bonus of Free Edit for first week’s list. May not be used after March 21.
4 specific weeks to change your list.
You may not change a list in-between those weeks.
Last 2 weeks you can change your list for a high amount of points.
Points increase by 5 for each list change.

If you have any questions, post them in this thread or PM me.
(Private Message located top right on page, larger envelope icon.)

Post your list and number them from 1 to 18
You may change your list as many times as you want,
up to the deadline Feb 15 6:59 pm, central.
I will use the last list at the time of deadline.

Sit back, buckle up and enjoy the premiere of:

S24 PTTE: One World

GOOD LUCK EVERYONE!

kircon’s ramblings

I love the game of PTTE. I want everyone to have fun while playing this classic game. I again believe I have found a way to even up the playing field for everyone. I hope you have as much fun playing as I do hosting. Look for my other game: Survivor in Question. Coming soon! k

Table of contents

Messages in this discussion
"RE: S24 One World PTTE Entry"
Posted by suzzee on 02-10-12 at 11:39 AM
LAST EDITED ON 02-14-12 AT 04:44 PM (EST)

I'm in kircon! What a bunch, back later and thank you for hosting for another season! Back later with my list.

18. Nina (sole survivor)
17. Kourtney
16. Matt
15. Troy
14. Bill
13. Jonas
12. Leif
11. Colton
10. Christine
9. Chelsea
8. Sabrina
7. Jay
6. Monica
5. Greg
4. Kat
3. Alicia
2. Kim
1. Michael (first boot)

Great Fun!

Posted by Georjanna on 02-15-12 at 10:02 AM
LAST EDITED ON 02-15-12 AT 10:24 AM (EST)

18. Kourtney (First Boot)
17. Nina
16. Colton
15. Monica
14. Bill
13. Matt
12. Chelsea
11. Greg (Tarzan)
10. Jay
09. Michael
08. Christina
07. Sabrina
06. Kat
05. Leif
04. Kim
03. Jonas
02. Alicia
01. Troy (Troyzan - The Winner)

Thank you for having us again, Kircon. And hopefully, when everyone realizes that - at least, so far - there are virtually no sourced spoilers this Season, we'll have a full roster of players.

Posted by Corvis on 02-15-12 at 10:10 AM
I'll be back in a little bit with my picks, but I just wanted to say I love your new rules on when we can make a list change! I think it'll make the game a lot more interesting and fun.

Posted by Survivor Maniac on 02-15-12 at 12:12 PM
Thanks Kircon for hosting PTTE again this season!

18. Nina (first boot)
17. Kourtney
16. Matt
15. Troy
14. Bill
13. Jonas
12. Sabrina
11. Colton
10. Christine
9. Leif
8. Jay
7. Chelsea
6. Kat
5. Greg
4. Monica
3. Alicia
2. Kim
1. Michael (sole survivor)

Posted by Wallflower66 on 02-15-12 at 01:38 PM
18. Courteney- First out
17. Nina
16. Matt
15. Bill
14. Colton
13. Sabrina
12. Gregory
11. Monica
10. Christina
9. Jonas
8. Leif
7. Alicia
6. Troy
5. Chelsea
4. Kat
3. Michael
2. Jay
1. Kimberly- winner

"tribe's pre-show PTTE Entry"
Posted by tribephyl on 02-15-12 at 05:57 PM
18. Christine (first out)
17. Chelsea
16. Sabrina
15. Jay
14. Monica
13. Greg
12. Kat
11. Alicia
10. Kim
9. Michael
8. Nina
7. Kourtney
6. Matt
5. Troy
4. Bill
3. Jonas
2. Leif
1. Colton (sole survivor)

Posted by kircon on 02-15-12 at 07:17 PM
18. Kourtney - First boot
17. Nina
16. Matt
15. Monica
14. Colton
13. Jonas
12. Kat
11. Tarzan Greg
10. Leif
9. Bill
8. Kim
7. Alicia
6. Chelsea
5. Sabrina
4. Troyzan
3. Michael
2. Christina
1. Jay – Winner S24 One World

Good Luck everyone! Enjoy the game!

Posted by Flowerpower on 02-15-12 at 08:55 PM
F18 Kourtney
F17 Nina
F16 Matt
F15 Greg
F14 Bill
F13 Monica
F12 Christina
F11 Jonas
F10 Troy
F9 Leif
F8 Alicia
F7 Chelsea
F6 Jonas
F5 Michael
F4 Jay
F3 Sabrina
F2 Kimberly
F1 Kat

Posted by vennui on 02-16-12 at 00:57 AM
Alright. Even playing field. Which means there have been concerns. It all translates to making things more complicated than necessary .i'm miffed, sad and feeling a little picked on. Your game your rules. I either play or not. I guess I'm a gullton for punishment. Teal me

17. Nina winner
16. Matt
15. Monica
14. Colton
13. Jonas
12. Greg
11. Bill
10. Kim
9. Leif
8. Alicia
7. Chelsea
6. Sabrina
5. Troyzan
4. Kat
3. Michael
2. Christina
1. Jay First out

No uneven siggies for me this week

"An Explanation"
Posted by kircon on 02-16-12 at 04:03 PM
I’m not sure why you are miffed, sad, and feeling picked on. The changes had nothing to do with you or any other player.

This game has lost many players. For several seasons, I have been looking for a way to incorporate spoiled and non-spoiled players without running two games. I miss when there were more players and more competition. I love hosting and am willing to devote several hours of my week to do this. I do not feel I have destroyed the game; it is still about the PICKS, not the changes. Just as Redemption had nothing to do with this game, “it’s about who is booted not who is brought back”. What you see as complicated, I see as competition. Anyone still can change a list on certain dates it will just cost you. Everyone is at the same disadvantage, which is the level playing ground. I still want the Teals to break 100 points and I would love to see the regular game winner under 20. Will it happen? I don’t know. But I know to win the game a player has to be wise with their list changes. If you all change your list, it doesn’t matter. But now you all have to watch out for the players who don’t change a list. I don’t want anyone to stress. I stand by this quote I have used since I have been hosting the PTTE Game:

This doesn't need to have any analysis,
although you're welcome to throw in anything you want...
this is a game and is intended to be fun.

"RE: An Explanation"
Posted by vennui on 02-18-12 at 02:16 AM
I'm miffed. Because the rule changes spoils the way I wanted to play the game.

I'm sad because I missed the deadline to earn a free edit. ( my fault I am running a book fair and had to work late.

I felt picked on because I didn't understand your use of the term uneven ground. Your reasons to change the rules were very sound but your first presentation gave me the impression that you felt that players were taking unfair advantage.

Yes I know that is probably irrational ,but remember we are all daws here and it is probably a natural reaction.

I'm sorry but it just hit me wrong. The other games running now seem very complicated . I don't need more deadlines.

Posted by hunter dan on 02-18-12 at 12:11 PM
i was conned into this by my wife to be number 5oooo to play the ptte game. now i'm here.what next? Oh THE LIST!!!!!!!!

Posted by dabo on 02-18-12 at 12:46 PM
Welcome aboard. Congratulations, you are 50000.

Posted by cahaya on 02-18-12 at 12:58 PM
Yes, welcome aboard!

We don't award any prizes for being the 50,000th member here, except for a lot of fun!

Posted by qwertypie on 02-18-12 at 01:23 PM
congrats Hunter Dan and welcome!

"oh look it's a cute lil' newbie!"
Posted by Karchita on 02-18-12 at 04:07 PM
Welcome!

What an entrance!

Who's your wife?

February siggie from SSSnidget!

"RE: oh look it's a cute lil' newbie!"
Posted by jbug on 02-18-12 at 05:43 PM
yea, who's the wife?

I thought of signing up my DH but since he never uses the computer, he'd be a one post wonder.
Hope you stay around!

"Welcome hunter dan!"
Posted by kircon on 02-19-12 at 02:12 AM
Welcome to the game of PTTE and the wonderful world of RTVW. Check out our Community Guidelines.

Congratulations on being the 50,000th member to join our community.

Look around, find a place to play and have fun. Give your wife a kiss and don’t forget to post your list by the 22nd. Look for the new thread and post it there.