URL: http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi
Forum: DCForumID55
Thread Number: 137
[ Go back to previous page ]

Original Message
"Who has the most acting talent"

Posted by colbycurtis on 10-26-03 at 05:33 PM
I just have to say if everything is on the up and up then Kip and Hutch are actually very good actors. They have talent and we will probably see them in some other show or movie someday. To see them play off each other so well it was hilarious

Table of contents

Messages in this discussion
"Welcome"
Posted by woeisme1 on 10-26-03 at 05:45 PM
hmmp hmmp (Woe clears throat)

First let me say WELCOME and give you this lovely welcome basket:

Now having said and done that, I have a question for ya:

Have you read some of the older posts?

"Hutch" was on 6 Feet Under and is now appearing on The Mullets.

I can't remeber where Kip was last spotted but has been on other shows as well. Refer to older posts or stay tuned here as someone will surely respond to the question.

I want you to know that this is sent in the loving , playful spirit that is Woe (who is so often misunderstood) and not in a sarcastic or mean spirited way. If you feel it was picking on you then you have my personal permission to WHACK me.

Enjoy the boards and stop over at Off Topic and introduce yourself and get to know all us DAW's.

Charmingly crafted by Phoenixmons.

If you need me you can find me --fantasizing about my reality so I can realize my fantasy......

I was going to refuse to post to you but I realized that if I didn't tell you, how would you know I was ignoring you?--Pythonfan

"RE: Its more improv than acting."
Posted by kittykatta on 10-29-03 at 12:39 PM
This is more improv than acting. And thats why Lance and Hornsby shine the most. They both have some very good comedic timing. But anyway, heres my feelings on the only 4 people that got my attention (in order of talent)

Lance - Great. Acting gay is something everyone thinks they can do. But he totally took it to another level because you really believe him. And when he does the interviews and talks normal its always hilarious to realize that once again you are in shock that hes NOT gay. Plus he was funny. I have no doubt that this guy could do much more.

Hornsby - Also great. He really was good at this and again, i think he can do much more than his role. He was funny, serious and everything and it worked. Too bad his TV show is ranking last in neilsen.

Melissa Lewis - So pretty plus she seems to have the acting chops. There really was something about her that felt like she was holding back her talents to cater to the show and it was sad. I think she could probably do some legitimate acting. But the problem i have is that she didnt live up to her character title. "The Rich #####". It probably was only 2 episodes she had that "attitude" but every other time she seemed to just roll with the flow and was a normal sweet person. Hutch, Ashleigh and Earl totally shouldve taken their character to the extreme the way kip did. But anyway, im dying to see more of her. Why doesnt she have an official site???

Angela Dodson - She is so adorable in every way. Her accent, her mannerisms, her acting. And her face is like a drawing with those cute big eyes. I didnt see her bikini pics until today but before that then i think that even with her body then she convinced me that shes a sweetheart. So she got me. Where is her official site? She said that shes had these calanders going on so how does she expect to sell them if you cant even find her in google?

And finally....

Matt - During the show i felt that he was a nice guy, but he also was a bit of a cocky doofus type person. Almost like he too was a caricature of a reality show stereotype. But i liked him a bit. But now that i read that hes going into acting then i think i like him even less. Just another reality show contestant that sees themselves on tv and thinks he can act. Im sorry but the only role he can fill is already taken by Jared's the subway guy.

Anyway, thats my thoughts.

"RE: Its more improv than acting."
Posted by Guppin1234 on 10-31-03 at 03:30 PM
Improv is the purest form of acting. ReACTionACTion!

Please don't edit me!
Please don't edit me!

"RE: Who has the most acting talent"
Posted by Traces on 10-27-03 at 10:08 AM
I agree with Kip and Hutch as the most talented actors. There is also something about Ashleigh. I think that if she had a more comedic part, we would have seen how funny she is. I could see a small glimmer of it that gives me the feeling she is a talented comedian. I also think that if Matt is not an actor, he could be at improvisation. Because the stuff that comes out of his mouth is hilarious.

...But I'm from Pittsburgh!

Posted by ltdangle on 10-27-03 at 10:45 AM
Lance "Kip" Krall has the most acting talent IMHO.

Posted by Miss_Chevious on 10-27-03 at 01:25 PM
definetly Lance...who else could act that gay?? Although I do agree that Hutch acts a very good a$$hole part.

Posted by tk72 on 10-27-03 at 02:36 PM
Yeah, Kip pulls of his part very well and also Hutch is just funny as hell.

Posted by Guppin1234 on 10-27-03 at 04:24 PM
Kip
He adds a lot of spice to the show. If I could have asked him to do more, it would have been to come on to Matt. Also, seeing that his character is gay, he should have instigated a karaoke night or air band competition to satisfy the performer in most gay men and to provide more for us to watch in the show.

Hutch
Although it is sometimes easier to play the A**hole, he does play it very well. He should have been constantly finding little things about each player that got on his nerves, creating more tension and more hatred towards his character. He could have found more ways to be rude, ie hiding the toilet paper or some stunts like that.

Ashleigh
She played her part pretty well, she should have put them on a rollercoaster ride, b!tchy one minute then sweet the next. She could have been b!tchy about the food, the accomodations, the pool, Molly's wardrobe, Brian's body habitus, Matt's libido, all kinds of things she could have done to create more tension and bring more life into her character.

Pat
Not bad for the little bit of preparation she gave herself. She should have been dissecting each person there with I know how to make you a better person speech every time they bent over.

Ralph
Those adoring looks he gave Molly and the indifference he showed to Ashleigh. Not bad for a radio guy with no acting experience. He should have shown a lot more favoritism towards Molly thus causing Matt to think the thing is rigged.

Brian
He seemed to know just when to push, and his sense of humor was great. It's a brave man that can parade the nut knuckle so proudly and so often as Brian did. He was almost too careful though, worried about blowing his cover. He should have written that the players do more live improv into their bios and incorporate some of their own lives into their comments so as to cause a plethora of reactions and conversation.

Molly
Not bad, but not great. Her wardrobe should have been much more reserved, and she could have had fun with that. She should have been more offended by most of the people there in her state of virginity and all and frigid about hugs and kisses, and most certainly not in a bikini.

Gina
Not bad. Didn't see much of her, but I wanted to see more of her. It was probably a let down to be voted off first.

Earl
Blew it. Played the military guy well though. He was too quiet, he should have been forming alliances with everyone trying to be a double agent meets the mole type guy.

Did I forget anyone?

Posted by tron81 on 10-28-03 at 11:58 AM
I thought the actress who played Ashleigh did the best job of making a believable person out of her Rich ##### character.

I've seen gay guys on other reality-based shows, and they do not act as over-the-top gay as the actor playing Kip.

Posted by ltdangle on 10-28-03 at 01:14 PM
That's the whole point. Other gay guys on other reality shows are actually gay. They're not acting. Joe Schmo is a parody, so ALL the characters are over-the-top caricatures of their roles. I do agree that Ashleigh is a great actress. And by far the hottest, IMHO.

Ashleigh...cupcake...I Love You.

~ Lieutenant Dangle

Posted by Lisapooh on 10-29-03 at 11:01 AM
the only thing I didn't like about the finale is that we didn't see more of the actors' true personalities - it'd be easier to judge who did the better acting job if we knew how much of themselves they instilled in their character.

But a lack of information has never prohibited me from a rush to judgement before, so I'll just go ahead and critique them anyway but not in order or anything.

Ashleigh - I actually enjoyed her quite a bit. I don't think she had the heart to be as bitchy as she should have been at times, but I think she was the best actress there. Really embraced her role and did a fine job with it.

Dr. Pat - another person I think who didn't go as far as she could at times, but she's a great comedienne. And she just seems like a real person - even playing a cartoony character - she made her seem like a real person and that's awesome. Plus she did a great job covering when other people screwed up. Dig her.

Molly - she's a beautiful girl - I mean, that's a rack to envy. But I thought she was not believable at all. It wasn't the clothes though (but the cherry print dress? a touch too much) She's just really green and it shows. Maybe there's potential there - I dunno. Several flubs which are understandable but she didn't seem to learn from them or recover very well.

Gina - another incredibly pretty girl with a great rack, but she was really bad. Blew lines, over-acted, seemed way out of her element. She seemed uncomfortable every time she was on camera. But when you look like her, does talent really matter?

Hutch - I dug him alot. He's got a great delivery! I don't know how many of his lines were scripted and how many were improvised, but he really embraced that inner a-hole! Really a good job in a fun role.

Kip - ditto. At first Kip annoyed the crap out of me. I spend my work day surrounded by flamboyant gay men and none of them are as over the top as Kip is. But I really think he made a smart move in playing it that way. Something tells me Matt's perception of gay men is that they are Kip-ish, so becoming Hank Azaria in the Birdcage was probably pretty effective. And great off-the-cuff remarks too. But honestly, Kip needs to come to the pooh school of successful accessorizing, because some of those embellishments have got to go! Still, him flopping into the pool in his water wings was one of the funniest things I have ever seen in my life.

Brian - I think Brian the actor was pretty much playing Brian the guy, so how do you judge that? I think he did a good job though because this wasn't an easy position to be in. It must have been easy to come up with this stuff in theory and then much harder to pull it off when there is a real schmo there that you start to genuinely like. Plus, Brian is totally fearless and that rocks.

Earl - so deadpan and creepy - which is exactly how he should be. I wish his character had been around longer. But it is for Spike TV and you have to keep the ta-tas around.

Ralph - he's very Herb Tarlek isn't he? Ralph kinda icked me out. That hair of his is soooo icky gold neklace wearing guy. The styling was perfect! He did seem to really get into it and was willing to do some pretty lame stuff though. I wonder how much inner smarmy Ralph has - my guess is quite a bit.

"Proctology Convention"
Posted by Guppin1234 on 11-01-03 at 05:58 PM
"Hutch - I dug him alot. He's got a great delivery! I don't know how many of his lines were scripted and how many were improvised, but he really embraced that inner a-hole! Really a good job in a fun role."

Getting in touch with your inner a-hole, good one!