URL: http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi
Forum: DCForumID17
Thread Number: 1369
[ Go back to previous page ]

Original Message
""Princes of Malibu" is SCRIPTED ...and LAME!!!!"

Posted by Furious_George on 07-10-05 at 10:30 PM
"Reality TV"??? Come ON- the two boys are in the OPENING CREDITS as CREATORS of the show!!!! That made me suspicious from the start- how did Stepdad happen to have a camera filming his every move when he came home from Mexico a day early and was "surprised" to find a wild party going on??? BECAUSE THE WHOLE THING WAS PLANNED IN ADVANCE! The program just kept sliding downhill from there. All staged, scripted, and done by those "princes" to make a buck.

Selling this predictable SHOW is how they're paying their rent. YAWN.

Table of contents

Messages in this discussion
"RE: "Princes of Malibu" is SCRIPTED ...and LAME!!!!"
Posted by foonermints on 07-11-05 at 00:03 AM
Yes, it's a phony, unwatchable crock. Pretty funny that the LA Times said Larry Elison just bought the place for "slightly more than 20 million" where the show claimed it was worth over 40. There's some serious devaluation! Maybe it was from cleaning up all the bullhype left around. DOA

Posted by cambo on 07-11-05 at 01:27 AM
I saw about 2 minutes of it and couldn't take it. I really can't stand watching shows about spoiled rich kids who do nothing but live off of money they didn't earn.

Posted by volsfan on 07-11-05 at 08:41 AM
And Paris and Nicole's show WASN'T scripted?

Welcome Furious_George!

Posted by Furious_George on 07-11-05 at 09:10 AM
Yeah, "The Simple Life" obviously had a loose "plot" to it, but that wasn't as nearly as pathetic as this tripe.

The Rich Boys held a car wash on the front lawn... Dad arrives at the house to get stuck in a long line of vehicles (which they never actually showed- you had to use your imagination), a camera-man just happened to be standing waaaaay down there next to him as he made an exasperated phone call... then he drives up to where the action was, chews out those zany stepsons, and roars away and all of the bikini girls -who are conveniently assembled in a line alongside the drive- simultaneously throw their sponges and towels at his car.

Even "The Brady Bunch" was more believable!

Posted by volsfan on 07-11-05 at 10:22 AM
I am not disagreeing with you on anything you are saying but I think The Simple Life was just as bad. I watched a couple of episodes of The Simple Life and couldn't take much more. Those girls were only doing stupid stuff because they were on camera and so are the boys.

Posted by ladro on 07-11-05 at 10:02 AM
Sounds like "Love is in the Heir". Speaking of LiitH, how did that ever end?

Posted by Estee on 07-11-05 at 10:44 AM
I got through three minutes. I smelled the script after one. The rest of the odors broke through shortly thereafter.

Posted by LibraRising on 07-11-05 at 11:18 AM
Let's see. What's the whole premise of this show? That dad gets fed up with his two bratty sons and decides to make them earn a living.

So how does the show open? With a wild party that pushes dad over the edge to cut his sons off. So -- we're supposed to believe that a camera crew just so happened to be at the house, not only for the party, but for the moment the next day when dad came up with the revelation that's the whole premise of the show? That sounds reasonable.

A kyngsladye/IceCat masterpiece.

"Bad show"
Posted by lovwigglesworth on 07-11-05 at 04:01 PM
Why did Fox have to ruin it's regular Sunday night line-up with this horrible show? I don't know if we can even call this a reality show since the only un-scripted reaction we got from anyone was Chaka Chan.
To think they canceled Arrested Development for this crap.

"RE: Bad show -- but good news."
Posted by Estee on 07-11-05 at 04:05 PM
Arrested Development isn't cancelled. It won't be on much during the summer, but it will be back for another season.