URL: http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi
Forum: DCForumID37
Thread Number: 1365
[ Go back to previous page ]

Original Message
"Amazing Race moves to Sundays this fall...."

Posted by dolphingirl on 05-17-06 at 03:25 PM
Hello all! I've posted here maybe a couple of times. I just saw this about the Amazing Race being moved to Sundays:

http://tvdramas.about.com/od/tvshowsaz/a/cbsfall06sched.htm

I'm really curious as to how this is going to work out. I hope by moving to another day doesn't mean anything.

Table of contents

Messages in this discussion
"RE: Amazing Race moves to Sundays this fall...."
Posted by ejm92 on 05-17-06 at 04:26 PM
Hmm...I caught this also today, I think it'll work for me....I (and a lot of people) have a lot more time on Sundays to watch television than during the week, so should work out fine...I wonder if the new Sunday Night Football program on NBC will take away from the ratings, however. As long as it doesn't interrupt Family Guy.....

Packers '04: "It's Either Super Bowl Or Bust" - Brett Favre

Posted by dragonflies on 08-04-06 at 04:47 PM
I think SNF will directly conflict with TAR. I'll be DVRing TAR, unless 2 complete snoozer teams are playing.

Go Pack!

Hi ejm92! Don't think we've met before

Posted by ARnutz on 05-17-06 at 06:59 PM
I'm really getting tired of this show being treated like the red-headed step-child at CBS and being moved every season and also during the middle of the seasons. You would think, with it being a 3 time Emmy winner, it would be treated with at least the same respect as Survivor, which has had the same timeslot for umpteen years, right?

That being said... I think Sunday will work for me!

Posted by Ontheroadagain on 05-17-06 at 07:17 PM
I'm afraid that's what happens when your ratings are lousy. However, Sunday's fine with me.

"Maybe..."
Posted by ARnutz on 05-19-06 at 05:48 PM
If they would stop changing the timeslot, the ratings would be better? Just sayin'.

Of course, we won't mention how the horrid family edition affected all this.

Posted by Phredster on 08-28-06 at 01:12 AM
I've only been watching AR in the US for 3 years, but in that entire time the show was on Tuesday nights, always in the same time slot. That only changed this past year - either during the Family Edition or AR9 (can't remember which). I suspect there was lingering disgruntlement amongst long-time AR fans over the Romber thing, combined with the "dumbed down" family version that immediately followed. I also thought AR 9 was a bit lame - nothing specific that I can put my finger on, but it wasn't nearly as compelling as earlier seasons. I think CBS lost the plot for the last few seasons, but hopefully they've got it back on track.

Posted by Earl Colby Pottinger on 05-17-06 at 10:25 PM
That could be wierd here in Ontario. We already get TAR repeated on Sunday night on OLN. Been that way for years. Does that mean OLN is no longer going to repeat the race. It was handy if you were busy on the night of the race, or like me fell asleep today and woke up missing the first 30 minutes.

I wonder what OLN will do.

Posted by Canada Girl on 05-18-06 at 04:05 PM
Betcha they'll do a Sat. replay.

Sundays work great for me, nothing else to watch that night! And takes the stress off the Lost/TAR weekly VCR dilemma.

Posted by flipxcyd on 05-18-06 at 02:32 AM
I'm cool with it.

An arkiegrl siggie

Posted by ImANewUser on 05-20-06 at 04:53 AM
Hi........my first post here....and that would mean that it will be seen on the other side of the world every monday.

Posted by aquariaqueen on 05-20-06 at 10:26 PM
I'm fine with it only because Grey's Anatomy is moving to a new day and time.

Posted by Breezy on 08-31-06 at 02:42 PM
Me too!

Although SNF is going to be a big pull for me.

Posted by Jims02 on 05-21-06 at 09:46 AM
I'm actually extremely excited about the move. I recently found out that I'm going to have a 3-hour class on Wednesday evenings this fall from 6-9 PM, so I was worried I'd miss TAR. This is a great time change for me.

Posted by tribephyl on 06-05-06 at 02:54 AM
Aha! The real reason for the move is discovered...

Jims, I had no idea about your influence. You obviously hold sway with CBS.

Thanks for having your classes on Wednesday.

Posted by architecturegirl on 05-22-06 at 10:52 AM
I think it might actually be a good slot for it. Sunday night has sort of become an established night when a lot of people watch tv, so it may do well there, and it shouldnt have too much competition. A lot of people will likely go from that to Desperate Housewives. Could be a good move and actually boost ratings...
Oh, and they did bounce Survivor back and forth between Weds and Thursday nights a few times. At least once anyway, it started out on Weds nights.

Posted by dabo on 06-05-06 at 00:52 AM
Sucks for me, but oh well West Wing and Charmed won't be back next season anyway. At least they've kept it in early hours so my kids won't have to stay up after bedtime with school the next day.

Posted by moony on 07-29-06 at 12:35 PM
I'm from asia, if TAR moves to sunday night 8pm, it will be monday morning 8am for us. anyone knows when does the daylight saving commences?

Posted by popeave on 07-29-06 at 03:43 PM
In the US, daylight savings time starts the first Sunday in April and ends the last Sunday in October.

Posted by frankz on 09-17-06 at 11:37 AM
Survivor is only on on Wednesdays during the NCAA basketball tournament. March Madness..

There are plenty of businesses like show business

Posted by josie17 on 09-09-06 at 11:56 PM
Thank goodness for TIVO!