URL: http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi
Forum: DCForumID37
Thread Number: 1361
[ Go back to previous page ]

Original Message
"Season Finale: CBS misdirection"

Posted by michel on 05-13-06 at 02:57 PM
LAST EDITED ON 05-13-06 AT 02:59 PM (EST)

These are the clues for Wednesday's finale:

-One team is ecstatic when they learn the location of the next detination,a place they've been to and where they know the language.
-Little mistakes can cost big when the finish line is close, and one team wastes a lot of time looking for equipment needed for a challenge.Will this be the difference between first and second place?
-The last two legs of the race are both mentally and physically grueling, which duo will win the million dollars ?

The first one is obviously the Hippies who have lived and speak Japanese (at least Tyler does). They should have an advantage in the first part of the leg.

The final destination is the Red Rock amphitheatre in Denver and there is a clue box at the entrance. It seems there could be a task to complete right before the final mat like last year and the map of North America.

The third clue looks like it was copied from RaYo's speech at the end of last leg. Could it be an indication?

Table of contents

Messages in this discussion
"RE: Season Finale: CBS misdirection"
Posted by indy42 on 05-13-06 at 10:33 PM
Didn't the race start in Denver, Red Rock amphitheatre?

Posted by michel on 05-14-06 at 03:02 AM
LAST EDITED ON 05-14-06 AT 03:04 AM (EST)

That's where it started and that's where it's ending:

Phil at mat

RaYo arriving

Hippies arriving

Frat boys arriving

The rock in Phil's picture is definitely at the amphitheatre. Notice the clue box near the parking spot of the two taxis. In the video, the Frat Boys aren't running so it seems they know they have either lost or are way ahead. The clue doesn't talk of a close finish but of a task that can cost first place. It makes me think the three teams arrive in Denver on seperate planes and it isn't that close. Remember how they have always used close finishes to spice up the promos. RaYo are identified as the "Fighing Daters" which is odd since they have been so careful to show them in a good light.

ETA: RaYo have no bags so they could've been mugged at the end of the first hour.

Posted by beau_30 on 05-14-06 at 11:12 AM
By the look in R.A.Y. picture, it says they arrive later than the frats and hippies.
Frats and Hippies are shown in daylight. Also we can hear BJ Yelling We're Coming Phil. Which they have been known to say. It could mean that they win. Or Frats. R.A.Y. end up in Third.
Due to the lighting. Also if you look closes at the puddle near the hippies it indicates the sun is reflecting off the puddle is is not doing on the frats.

Wow, DUDE! This race is far out!

Posted by michel on 05-14-06 at 01:35 PM
Beau: Posters from Denver have written that the Amphitheatre was closed "For a Private Function" on Saturday morning December 3rd until noon. Arriving in the morning, the later arrivals would have more daylight not less.

Pedaler at RFF posted these planes schedule for that date:

Frontier arrived in Denver from Anchorage at 5:59 am (scheduled 6:15)
United arrived in Denver from Anchorage at 6:25 am (scheduled 6:34)
NW arrived in Denver from Anchorage at 8:48 am (scheduled 8:11)

On december 3rd, the sun doesn't rise very early so racers in poor light would be more likely to arrive earlier. I don't believe we can definitely set a race order on those pictures because cloud coverage can change and also some racers could be shown under the tunnel at the entrance.

Posted by indy42 on 05-15-06 at 10:03 PM
In the picture of the hippies it looks like the reflection is from the taxi's headlights.

"Fighting Daters"
Posted by Peetah on 05-16-06 at 12:47 PM
I had to pause at that description as well.

Where did that come from?

Yes, they had the bad leg in Oman, but they've been fine ever since. Does it rupture again in Japan, or is CBS simply trying to stir up interest for the occasional viewer?

It will be pretty dumb, though, if people are intrigued by that description and then see no fighting!?

"RE: Fighting Daters"
Posted by michel on 05-16-06 at 01:24 PM
Ray does say "I'm driving miss Crazy" in the previews and Yolanda's expression isn't joyous. I think CBS does exploit it in that first leg. They bounced back once, I think they can do it again!