URL: http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi
Forum: DCForumID54
Thread Number: 1351
[ Go back to previous page ]

Original Message
"Question #2"

Posted by Earl Colby Pottinger on 05-18-06 at 11:49 PM
E&J won and spent their days bumming around and surfing, how long would a million last them?

Watching the Hippies, I am sure they could travel the world again and still have most of it in the end because they seem to understand how to 'go native' and live cheaply if they want.

The Frat boys are diffirent. I am not sure they would invest thier money wisely to live off the interest, shelter it from taxes, and not blow it all on parties/girls.

I figure if you get $500,000 the tax man wants $200,000 up front. But if you get it into the right shelters you may pay as little as $100,000 to $75,000. If you can hold on to say $350,000, max out your RRSPs (I am sure E&J have paid little so far) and get $300,000 to just collect interest on you can live a beach bum life for decades. At 5% return that is $15,000 a year, that may not sound like much but how much does a beach bum really need? Plus that is without lifting a finger, get a part-time job in the off seasons and you can double that without working hard either.

Do you think E&J could pull it off? Do you think the hippies will?

Table of contents

Messages in this discussion
"RE: Question #2"
Posted by cahaya on 05-19-06 at 00:12 AM
LAST EDITED ON 05-19-06 AT 00:14 AM (EST)

Frat boys: With $300K each, they buy a party house, maybe on a lake with a boat they can't maintain, a few flashy fast cars, lavishly treating the ladies who are after what's left of their fame and money. The money runs out within two years, and their party life and ability to score goes back to pre-Race levels.

Beach bums: Yeah, they could easily live on $40 a day, along with doing some airline promos so they get free first-class flights to travel anywhere they want to go.

An Arkie Asian creation, with Foo dog images by Bob.

I could imagine the Hippies applying some of their winnings toward a good cause, too.

"RE: Question #2"
Posted by aquariaqueen on 05-19-06 at 09:49 AM
Since they won a few trips coming to the mat first, I would say a lot of money will be spent trying to swoon "foreign chicks".

I say 3-4 years and they'll be back to their same lifestyle.

(And to think I wasted my 500 DAW on the frat boys, I disappoint myself so often)