URL: http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi
Forum: DCForumID17
Thread Number: 1351
[ Go back to previous page ]

Original Message
"Family Plots"

Posted by DonnaLynn on 06-28-05 at 02:43 PM
This show is one of my favorites!

Am I the only one watching this? I haven't seen anyone talking about it on here.

I NEVER miss this one and have found myself drawn into each and every show.

Anyone else think that Rick is a jerk? Why must he leave whenever Missy comes in to work? If he really can't stand her that much, then he should fire her. I really like Shonna. She's my favorite. There is just something about her that makes her personable. David is also one of my favorites. He is almost always the first one at work and the last one to leave. It seems like most everyone else comes and goes as they please. Honestly, this show would be great even without Rick or Missy. I love Chuck and how he loses everything. It seems like he is always running into trouble with something.

Anyway, I'd love to hear what everyone else thinks of this show and to see if I'm the only one who loves it!

--Donna :~)

Table of contents

Messages in this discussion
"RE: Family Plots"
Posted by ginger on 06-28-05 at 05:19 PM
Hullo.

I think it's funny. The Dad cracks me up. The ex-fiancee is a baby. He wants to fire her so badly but her whole family runs the business, even if he's the owner. I tend to catch re-runs at odd times, but it's a good show. And I have to say, the sisters truly seem to care about the dead and the family of the dead.

Posted by madkata on 07-03-05 at 06:22 AM
I like this show a lot too, but can only watch it at friends... Shonna is THE BEST, the only sane one there. Wow, what about that episode when they had to pretend she was dead? That was something else.

I also like the young guy who just got divorced and had lost a young child also... And Dad NEVER fails to crack me up. They guy is always on the make!!! Every now and then, though, he comes up with some real, honest zingers... especially how much he cares for his girls, or when he's moved by a particular death...

Terrific show!

Posted by isuredbird06 on 08-28-05 at 01:30 PM
I love this show. I don't think it's on nearly enough. Hopefully they'll start airing it more. Although it worries me how little they show it compared to most shows they air, hopefully it doesn't mean they're considering cancelling it. I can't wait for the DVDs to come out (if they ever do, of course). You're not the only one out there that loves this show.

Posted by DonnaLynn on 08-29-05 at 10:02 AM
Did anyone see the show last week where Rick had his sons remains made into diamonds? That was the coolest thing! I know some people would think that was werid but I think it's a very neat, sentimental way to remember a loved one. I think the name of the company that did it was Life Diamonds.

http://www.geocities.com/craftscrochetnmore/index.htm

Posted by ginger on 09-12-05 at 04:08 PM
If your entire family dies, you get a tennis bracelet!

Posted by nitebloomer on 09-10-05 at 08:13 PM
Yes, I did watch it but have lost interest because all it is the Wiismiller family fighting and Rick being Rick. The big thing now is another group is busy trying to get "Chuck" a woman. Guess maybe you haven't seen to many of these shows or you'd know it's really not about the funeral business it's more about Chuck loosing his temper with his daughters who don't miss a beat of bad mouthing him. It gives funeral homes a really bad look...there's not enough people there who really care for me to bring anyone I cared about to. If they all acted the way they do when they talk to family members useing their services maybe I would but I've seen what goes on when they are left to their own devises. Have you seen the episode where David gets pissed off over the argueing and tells then to shut up....lmao. I said thanks Dave. Oh and by the way the diamonds are from GemLife you can information about it from John who used to be on the show.

Posted by DonnaLynn on 09-12-05 at 09:39 AM
Nitebloomer, I have seen each and every episode of this show and love it! The reasons you don't like it are the reasons I do. Rick is a top notch jerk and I love how he walks around and thinks he's "the man"... He looked like such a fool with his "new" girlfriend a few weeks ago. She was not only 1/2 his age but was obviously only with him for his $$$. I keep hoping he'll see what a fool he looks like and act his age, but it hasn't happened yet.

I think the family is always respectful with the greiving families. They just argue behind closed doors. Working in that profession must be extremely hard and if this is the way they deal with it, then that's fine with me.

LOVE THE SHOW! Can't wait for some new eps!

http://www.geocities.com/craftscrochetnmore/index.htm

Posted by Ditzy on 09-14-05 at 00:16 AM
I love "Family Plots" and watch it every Sunday night at 8:00 and 8:30 cst on A&E. My favorites are Shanna, Chuck and John. All of the cast members are very likeable. I think the entire cast has a lot of sympathy for the families they are serving and is very helpful to them in their time of need. The employees may all bicker back and forth but they are all truely great friends and you can tell they love each other very much.

Ditzy