URL: http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi
Forum: DCForumID9
Thread Number: 1350
[ Go back to previous page ]

Original Message
"First Person Voted Out?"

Posted by zipperhead on 07-13-12 at 10:33 AM
The black girl.

Quell the surprise.

What is it with this show? Rarely any people of color and they are often kicked out early.

Of course there are exceptions like Danielle from Season 3(?), who then did the opposite of redeeming herself by getting totally drunk in the all-stars edition.

I think the fact that she didn't look great in a swimsuit alos played a role in her early exit last night.

Your smile bothers me
Zipperhead is just sick. Dangerously sick. - molaholic

Table of contents

Messages in this discussion
"Pick your favorite answer."
Posted by Estee on 07-13-12 at 11:27 AM
1. Grodner's casting minors America, or at least what she sees as the majority of her U.S. viewers: fundamentally racist, only attracted to the shallow, and ready to dispose of anyone the instant they pass thirty-nine.

(Sadly, this one's probably the closest to the truth. The casting ratios you see are dictated by the show runners, who have established quotas for every category. As long as Grodner's in charge, this is what we're going to get.)

2. It's actually The Bachelor: maximum of one non-Caucasian and they must always be gone by the end of Episode #1. The lone difference is that no one's sued the rats yet. The blatant scripting and unhappy endings for the winners? Identical.

3. Dan had the final decision. He's a fairly conservative individual who's always had the strongest cage relationships with other Caucasians and in his season, the other hue slots in the game were taken by Libra and Ollie. When Danielle (and note this came from the good Southern girl) said she was afraid Jodi was going to bring the drama, it may have set off a thousand bad memories.

4. Notice everyone left Jodi until the end? People do think physical for the early competitions and even though she has an intense exercise regimen, she doesn't have what other people think of as an athletic body. Without more chances to show off, the group perception hurt her early and kept going all the way out the door.

5. This -- is CBS!

Watch: we'll get a returning evictee contest for everyone except Jodi.

"RE: First Person Voted Out?"
Posted by Aruba on 07-15-12 at 10:38 AM
Yes Jodi was the only HG of color casted for this season. But if you look at all their bios you'll notice something else...she was the oldest HG casted this year.

This is my humble opinion for anyone quick with the trigger to fire the "race card."

In all my years of watching Reality TV, I have yet to see a player ousted from any game because of race, color, creed, religion, or sexual preference. But I can rattle off a TRUCKLOAD of examples when players were booted due to their older age. That's just the "reality" of Reality TV as we know it. Age stands as the greatest divide in Reality TV...there is no close second.

As for casting...

It is also my opinion that the casting of players for any reality game should mirror the ratio of those applying for the show.

In other words if 1 out of every 12 applicants are black, then one black gets casted for a season of 12 HGs. If two out of every 12 are homosexual, then by rights there should be 2 gay HGs casted. If 25% of all applicants are pick with purple polka dots, then guess what...when we're tuning in to watch the season premier we should be seeing four HGs out of 12 with pick color skin and purple freckles. Like I said, just my opinion.

On a sidenote, a friend of mine went to NY for an open casting call for BB. She said roughly 200 people showed up and by her observation easily 1/3 of everyone there had to be over 40. And even by her own admission that was a conservative guess. Now obviously we can't assume that one casting call was a perfect sample of the entire population of hampster wannabees...but still.

Now if the minority races want to scream "foul" that's their patriotic priviledge...but by all rights they need to go to the back of long line formed by the 40+ people petitioning equality for Reality Show TV.

Posted by annielynne42 on 07-26-12 at 01:12 AM
>Yes Jodi was the only HG
>of color casted for this
>season. But if you look
>at all their bios you'll
>notice something else...she was the
>oldest HG casted this year.
>
>
>This is my humble opinion for
>anyone quick with the trigger
>to fire the "race card."
>
>
>In all my years of watching
>Reality TV, I have yet
>to see a player ousted
>from any game because of
>race, color, creed, religion, or
>sexual preference. But I can
>rattle off a TRUCKLOAD of
>examples when players were booted
>due to their older age.
>That's just the "reality" of
>Reality TV as we know
>it. Age stands as the
>greatest divide in Reality TV...there
>is no close second.
>
>As for casting...
>
>It is also my opinion that
>the casting of players for
>any reality game should mirror
>the ratio of those applying
>for the show.
>
>In other words if 1 out
>of every 12 applicants are
>black, then one black gets
>casted for a season of
>12 HGs. If two out
>of every 12 are homosexual,
>then by rights there should
>be 2 gay HGs casted.
>If 25% of all applicants
>are pick with purple polka
>dots, then guess what...when we're
>tuning in to watch the
>season premier we should be
>seeing four HGs out of
>12 with pick color skin
>and purple freckles. Like I
>said, just my opinion.
>
>On a sidenote, a friend of
>mine went to NY for
>an open casting call for
>BB. She said roughly 200
>people showed up and by
>her observation easily 1/3 of
>everyone there had to be
>over 40. And even by
>her own admission that was
>a conservative guess. Now obviously
>we can't assume that one
>casting call was a
>perfect sample of the entire
>population of hampster wannabees...but still.
>
>
>Now if the minority races want
>to scream "foul" that's their
>patriotic priviledge...but by all rights
>they need to go to
>the back of long line
>formed by the 40+ people
>petitioning equality for Reality Show
>TV.

I agree with what you say here! The casting isn't fair in all respect! As for the "race' card, it's always played, & personally, I am tired of it! It's pure BS!

Posted by Colonel Zoidberg on 07-19-12 at 08:14 PM
I blame casting for the pasty-white cast this season...to blame Dan for getting rid of Jodi is to fail to understand that Jodi was Kalia 2.0, at least on all outward appearances, and possibly Libra, a better fit for Dan's season.

That said, casting sucks.