URL: http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi
Forum: DCForumID95
Thread Number: 135
[ Go back to previous page ]

Original Message
"1/22 Episode"

Posted by Ahtumbreez on 01-22-07 at 11:54 PM
Filler, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah.....you know what's funny is my daughter's initials are BLAH.....enough filler okay then.

Holy freaking Hey-zus!
No wonder Jack is such a badass, with a family like his you'd have to be to survive. Can you imagine these two brothers growing up. And I can't imagine how Thanksgivings and Christmas' are going to be after tonight

Best line of the night: and I'm paraphrasing.....if you yell I will cut out your tongue. OMH....how many times have I wanted to say that to a sibling

DH thinks the boy is Jack's son. Hmmmm.

Table of contents

Messages in this discussion
"RE: 1/22 Episode"
Posted by Breezy on 01-23-07 at 08:09 AM
I thought the same thing as your DH!

Not sure if it's this cold or what, but had a hard time paying attention to this episode.

Posted by Loree on 01-23-07 at 08:57 AM
My first thought was to wonder if Josh was Jack's son. There is definitely a history with his brother's wife.

Posted by geg6 on 01-23-07 at 08:59 AM
Yup, I'm thinking the kid is his.

Woo, what a family! I have to say that I never expected that to be his brother (what's-his-name that used to be Dr. Romano on ER). Just didn't see that coming. Took me aback a bit. And, now I see why, for Jack, this time it's personal.

The strongest man in the world is he who stands alone. — Henrik Ibsen
If a man does not keep pace with his companions, perhaps it is because he hears a different drummer. Let him step to the music which he hears, however measured or far away. - Henry David Thoreau

Posted by emydi on 01-23-07 at 09:30 AM
yep it's his son and the mother is the paralyzed wife of Nathan Petrilli from Heroes!!

I so wanted Donald Sutherland to be Jack's dad on the show!

I don't think when they created the "glasses dude" that he was Jack's brother...

Posted by CTgirl on 01-23-07 at 10:31 AM
Me six on the son. My DH said it even before I had a chance to. The show was kind of slow. I guess after you detonate a nuclear bomb you need to build up to another surprise...(like some Bauer family dynamics!)

Posted by Estee on 01-23-07 at 12:10 PM
And, now I see why, for Jack, this time it's personal.

Which kind of makes you wonder what it was before this.

I'm going to say 'overtime'.

Posted by Tahj on 01-23-07 at 02:39 PM
Which kind of makes you wonder what it was before this.

I'm gonna say mega-ton DAW.

Tribe rocked my sig!

Posted by Maroonclown on 01-23-07 at 09:30 AM
Jack's brother will always be Montgomery (Fame) to me.

Posted by Bebo on 01-23-07 at 10:25 PM
Poor guy...first he gets his arm cut off by a helicopter on ER, then he ends up on the wrong side of Jack.

Speaking of helicopters, that rescue scene was ridiculous. When I want to watch a super hero story, I flip to NBC.

Which is what I did on Monday...definitely watched these in the right order.

Posted by AyaK on 01-24-07 at 11:24 AM
>When I want to watch a super
>hero story, I flip to NBC.

And the producers of 24 are VERY worried about Heroes.

Posted by Ahtumbreez on 01-25-07 at 12:05 PM
Good, maybe they'll put it on Tuesdays. I'm good for Tuesdays

Posted by trigirl on 01-23-07 at 12:17 PM
Unless there is a side to Jack we don't know about, he was definitely looking lovingly at his son nephew. Good news is with a new Bauer progeny in the story we should be free of Kim!

Our Lady of Peril has been replaced with the BHD...Bad Hair Dude!

Posted by Tahj on 01-23-07 at 02:43 PM
Dang, and I was hoping Kim and her half-bro would somehow get together and end up committing incest.

Tribe rocked my sig!
Hey! It could happen!

Posted by emydi on 01-23-07 at 03:37 PM
while being chased by a mountain lion

Posted by Corvis on 01-23-07 at 01:15 PM
Add me to the chorus of people who thought the boy was Jack's son.

It was a little slow, but I think it's going to get going again soon.

Posted by MarkP on 01-23-07 at 05:42 PM
Worst episode ever, and I love this show. The entire brother thing is way too over the top. Suddenly one of the biggest enemies of the U.S. just happens to be his brother? And could we add his father to the list? It is one thing to believe in the power of Bauer because he is the man, but this family stuff is like it came out of daytime soaps.

Posted by iloverob on 01-23-07 at 06:08 PM
Line I liked the most last night was (paraphrasing) ....that'll keep them playing in their own sandbox and keep them out of ours.

The President was working for Jack's brother - wow. I was trying to remember what all took place last season. So did Kim's uncle put her life in danger last year? Wasn't she at CTU with her boyfriend or something? I just don't remember. Now I have to go back and read about what happened last year to put everything in to perspective. I'm actually liking this story line....for now.

Posted by Sagebrush Dan on 01-24-07 at 11:23 PM
Yeah, I think the kid is his, too.

About his brother, he certainly has come a long way from dancing on cars (he was in the movie Fame with long curly hair playing a gay man).

Tribe

What if imagination and art are not frosting at all, but the fountainhead of human experience?
—Rollo May

Posted by Maroonclown on 01-25-07 at 01:16 PM
Montgomery

*looks at my post above*

Posted by Sagebrush Dan on 01-26-07 at 05:01 PM
Oops, lime helmet time.

Tribe

What if imagination and art are not frosting at all, but the fountainhead of human experience?
—Rollo May

Posted by AyaK on 01-26-07 at 00:07 AM
>Yeah, I think the kid is his, too.

Hmmm. Timeline:

Season 1 of 24: Kim was 17. Jack and Teri had just reunited from a six-month split.

Season 2: 18 months later (David has been President for a year}

Season 3: 36 months later (re-election campaign)

Season 4: 18 months later (new president)

Season 5: 18 months later

Season 6: 20 months later (Wayne has been President for 11 weeks)

In other words, only 110 months (9 years, 2 months) have elapsed since Season 1. If Jack's the father, he was cheating on Teri before the split. Several years before the split, in fact.

I don't buy it.

Posted by emydi on 01-26-07 at 09:48 AM
oh come now Ayak you know 24 doesn't work like that timewise....it's his kid

Posted by Sagebrush Dan on 01-26-07 at 05:00 PM
you know 24 doesn't work like that timewise

I agree. If they can get Jack anywhere in LA in 20 minutes, they can come up with something here.

Tribe

—Rollo May

Posted by AyaK on 01-26-07 at 05:40 PM
I think the producers right now are actually more in tune with the 24 backstory than they were before. Right, Milo?

That's not to say this isn't Jack's kid -- he could have been cheating on Teri, of course; maybe that's why Jack and Teri split in the first place -- but the producers would have worked out this timeline too, and if it IS Jack's kid, they'll have to explain it.

I'm still wondering whether, through Graham, we're FINALLY going to get the linkage with Seasons 1 and 2 that we've been waiting for. Remember in Season 1 when everyone was talking about a group of "big-money contributors" who were behind Palmer's son's cover-up? Remember Max in Season 2, who somehow seemed to be involved with the baddies Nina and Mandy from Season 1 -- and who represented a group of people who wanted the US to conquer the Middle East?

Perhaps that's the reason Jack always seems to wind up in the middle of this: his brother has been a contractor to the bad guys right along.

Posted by Sagebrush Dan on 01-28-07 at 02:15 AM
I didn't start watching it until a couple seasons ago — I'm going to have to rent the DVDs from the first seasons to catch up on all of this.

Tribe

—Rollo May