URL: http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi
Forum: DCForumID37
Thread Number: 1347
[ Go back to previous page ]

Original Message
"TAR Ep. 11 "I Think This Monkey Likes Me""

Posted by mommamia on 04-25-06 at 11:58 PM
no description yet

Table of contents

Messages in this discussion
"RE: TAR Ep. 11 "I Think This Monkey Likes Me""
Posted by coolbluepig on 04-26-06 at 02:23 AM
could this be the other fast forward??? the task could involve monkeys...

Co0L 3luE P1g: OINK OINK...

Posted by Neobie on 04-26-06 at 10:12 AM
LAST EDITED ON 04-26-06 AT 10:37 AM (EST)

I'd put my money on Lopburi, Thailand.

Recently went to Lopburi and Ayutthaya to try to confirm the rumours, and luckily, didn't return empty-handed. Now, you may remember these images from the Flashy Openings Sequence...

Vidcaps courtesy of Banzai

Prang Sam Yot, Lopburi, Thailand

The rumours were right! The temple in the previews are of Prang Sam Yot in Lopburi. Not as famous as I thought it would be, though, many locals couldn't recognize which temple the picture in the preview was. Finally got some help from the Tourist Office to get me to the temple. The picture is taken from the east side of the complex, framing only the two southern tops (out of three). Yeah, yeah, the monkeys are there alright. Everywhere.

Wanted to get some team and production information, but the two ladies mannning the ticket office didn't speak English (and I, unfortunately, not Thai). They did, however, show me where the field with the Thai boy monk was... right outside the temple, on Thanon Wichayen. The picture was taken facing east.

And yes, monkeys EVERYWHERE. There was even one that came up to me to tug at my pants. I don't know if it liked me or had a secret to tell...

Elephant Kraal, Ayuthaya, Thailand

Following the suggestions from RealityFanForum, made my way to Ayuthaya. It's a two hour bus ride to the town from Lopburi (the Thai bus system is surprisingly brilliant, the teams won't have any trouble) and a half-hour tuk-tuk ride out of town to the Elephant Kraal. I'm still not sure if the race came here. It's a kinda small area (say, three football fields) and not a lot of people (certainly not tourists) around. There's not much going on, though I did see a platform where one can ride on an elephant. Didn't see any uniformed people (from pre-race promotion videos) in the area.

The sandy patches, yeah, they match, and the fences kind of do too. While asking a lady working in the management there about filming and stuff, she did say that there were production teams from time to time, but doesn't remember anything happening in December last year. She seemed genuine enough, didn't seem like a cover up. Take a look at the photos and decide for yourselves?

"Thanks"
Posted by Peetah on 04-26-06 at 05:55 PM
Great job Neobie--Thanks!

Where do you live that you can just pop over to Thailand (if I may ask?)

"RE: Thanks"
Posted by Neobie on 04-27-06 at 09:07 AM
Season 2, Episode 7.

Sucks that I've to watch TAR twelve hours after you guys on the East Coast.

Posted by Estee on 04-26-06 at 08:56 PM
Sounds like one of the locals noticed Jeremy's fumbling attentions.

Posted by architecturegirl on 04-27-06 at 09:10 AM
Lol! Nice Estee - started my morning off with a laugh.

Posted by mommamia on 04-27-06 at 07:42 PM
Sounds like one of the locals noticed Jeremy's fumbling attentions.<<<<<<

<giggle> I wonder what Jeremy was offering him? teehee!

Posted by popeave on 05-01-06 at 01:55 PM
Here's the brief description from tvguide.com:

The teams race through Bangkok to an ancient temple to find a clue. Two teams compete for the Fast Forward in the aptly named challenge “Insect Delight.” Also, one racer breaks down during a physically demanding challenge. Phil Keoghan is the host.

Sounds like eating bugs for the FF. I always like it when two teams try for a FF - makes for more excitement because someone will have to switch back to the regular tasks. They have to take a big risk to try the FF.

Posted by omega on 05-04-06 at 05:01 AM
LAST EDITED ON 05-04-06 AT 05:02 AM (EST)

o m g! i cant believe finally they're coming to Thailand again since i watched the season2... (not to count season5)
i'm so excited to watching the episode. I knew it might be Lopburi but why i didnt hear any information about racers came to Thailand T_T

and thanks Neobie for the photos
I've never been there before.

Posted by michel on 05-04-06 at 12:19 PM
From the CBS web site:

-Teams must prepare a feast for hundreds of sacred monkeys that insist on interrupting them while they work.
-A physically demanding challenge proves to be too much for one racer who has a breakdown.
-It's a footrace to the mat, but one team gets held up in order to pay respect to local traditions. Will this delay be the end for them?

If #1 is the roadblock, Joseph, Yolanda and Jeremy are seen doing it. That would imply the Hippies get the FF. However, the team losing the FF as caught up to the other two. Could the feast only be a task to do before a clue? Did all three teams choose the same detour? We will need more information before calling it.

#2 is obviously Monica. Since FF is eating insects, they don't have the FF.

No idea for #3 yet.

Posted by popeave on 05-04-06 at 10:26 PM
Holy Monkeys! I love it! Watching the preview at the end of the episode was cracking me up. I would vote for including monkeys as often as possible.

Posted by sica077 on 05-05-06 at 01:04 AM
LAST EDITED ON 05-05-06 AT 01:05 AM (EST)

Oh man, the monkey shot had me going - hysterical. As much as I dislike the Frats, I still enjoy watching them...and the monkeys seem to get to the best of 'em. As for the Mo in MoJo dropping all of her vases in the preview I thought, "For ##### sake, can she do ANYthing without complaining and crying?" First (of my vivid memories), the fish, then the double biking, THEN the stinking lobster that was - mind you - trapped in a cage, and now this vase business?!?! Ugh...

But the monkeys sure seem to be darn funny!

Posted by dragonflies on 05-05-06 at 08:07 AM
Don't forget at the very first airport, when they weren't gonna get on the first flight they wanted, she almost broke down.

Sigs by Cyg

Posted by sica077 on 05-05-06 at 12:26 PM
Oh yes....

And when all three teams met on the mat last episode...who was the one person that couldn't keep their mouth shut? Mo! Every one else was ticked off for their own reasons, but her mouth would not stop running! I love her famous quote, "It's not fair!" Nor was calling off cabs, hun, and you didn't tell the frats that it wasn't fair...

Ugh, she just really makes me want to scream at the TV sometimes....can't wait for next week!

Posted by TAR_RELOADED on 05-04-06 at 11:05 PM
Michel, thought I'd chime in with my 2 cents.

-Teams must prepare a feast for hundreds of sacred monkeys that insist on interrupting them while they work.
* If indeed # 1 is a roadblock you may be right. I read here where 2 teams go for the FF. We know Frats cannot go for it so there maybe the best scenario are the Hippies (no money and last going for broke) and MOJO trying to pull off their 1st win. RAYO playing it smart and already in the lead may elect not to take FF.

-A physically demanding challenge proves to be too much for one racer who has a breakdown.
* From the " Next of the TAR" promo we see MOJO dropping vases so that I would agree there.

-It's a footrace to the mat, but one team gets held up in order to pay respect to local traditions. Will this delay be the end for them?
* Since the Hippies are familiar with Asian traditions it could be them and on the TAR promo on website Tyler is heard saying "it looks like nice guys finish last?" Could this be they are racing another team for 1st instead of last to throw us off?
Welcome your astute opinions...

tar_reloaded

Posted by beau_30 on 05-09-06 at 03:20 PM
According to the Previews I believe that the hippies come in first or second. Whcih means they could be racing with R.A.Y. and I think the final foot race for the final three is Mojo and Eric and Jeremy with one of them being eliminated. You have to be careful for the wording. Also the Delay be the end for them means its not the end? Alot of times they through clues into the tvguide. But then again we also are known for Ray and Yolanda to take appreciation for cultures as well, remeber when they were in the church in russia, yolanda said something about being respectful I think.

Wow, DUDE! This race is far out!

Posted by Karchita on 05-10-06 at 07:55 PM
#3 sounds like BJ and Tyler to me. I really can't see any of the others suddenly having a bout of cultural awareness.