URL: http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi
Forum: DCForumID75
Thread Number: 134
[ Go back to previous page ]

Original Message
"jen m as final 2 would ruin the show for me"

Posted by gnosis92 on 11-15-04 at 01:50 AM
LAST EDITED ON 11-15-04 AT 01:55 AM (EST)

there is a "rumor" backed by betting dollars that jen m makes it as the final 2. furthermore, despite sandy's recent successes, jen m remains the fav woman to win, hands-down.

i would like to think there is some connection between success at tasks and winning the show.

andy wes and kelly have 7 wins, 3 losses and andy and kelly have wins as pm.

if jen had 7 wins, 3 losses i would have no problem with her being in the final 2, as there is a connection between success and final outcome.

jen m has 3 wins, 7 loses. it would strike me as unfair that with such a dismal record, the vast majority of fans thinks she should be the final 2 -- ahead of kelly, wes, and andy. the message of the show is "you don't have to win, do just enough work to avoid getting fired, and your harvard credentials will push you to victory"

sandy has had 5 losses, and 5 wins, and 1 win as PM and 1 win as a "defacto" PM. yet her odds of winning according to msnbc news is far lower than jen m, who has 7 losses and 3 wins.

personally, if, in the future, jen m/apex continue its losing streak, and andy/wes/sandy/mosaic continues its consecutive winning streak, until there are only 4 players left, because everyone on apex except jen m has been fired, it would strike me as ludicrously unfair if jen m is picked over sandy, andy, or wes.

Table of contents

Messages in this discussion
"Moved to spoilers"
Posted by Bebo on 11-15-04 at 06:44 AM
That rumor is considered spoiler information, which is why the post has been moved.

No discussion of the betting rumors should be taking place on the general discussion forum.

"RE: jen m as final 2 would ruin the show for me"
Posted by jae on 11-15-04 at 07:52 AM
>would strike me as ludicrously
>unfair if jen m is
>picked over sandy, andy, or
>wes.

Last season's stats:

3. Amy: 11 wins, 1 loss (Fired)
2. Kwame: 3 wins, 9 losses (Finalist)
1. Bill: 5 wins, 7 losses (Hired)

Posted by Wolfcat on 11-15-04 at 01:03 PM
>1. Bill: 5 wins, 7 losses
>(Hired)

Wow thats interesting.I thought Bill had seen more wins, but I also think he was the right choice too.The difference between Bill and this years front runners IMHO is that Bill was always a positive go getter to have. He made clear concise decisions and usually was in the trenches of the tasks critical elements.
he seemed consistently most interested in making the effort to win as a team and individually.

Kelly and JenM are far more narcasistic (yeah I can't spell that hehe, but its what I mean!) I think.

Posted by rtrader on 11-15-04 at 10:35 PM
The difference between Bill and this years front runners IMHO is that Bill was always a positive go getter to have. He made clear concise decisions and usually was in the trenches of the tasks critical elements. he seemed consistently most interested in making the effort to win as a team and individually.

I have to agree with your assessment. I really don't understand why Jennifer M. has so many supporters, since I haven't seen tangible successes (from her) or just plain hard work when she hasn't PM'd. I can see where all of the men from Apprentice 1 would have an overall losing record given the men's dismal performance last season, but at least I recall Bill doing a standout job in one of the losses, Planet Hollywood where he was the de-facto PM (PM Kwame was off signing autographs).

About the only thing that I can see that she has done impressively so far is the dog washing task, where she PM'd, and that may only be because she finally let Raj run off and set up a dog washing station in another location (so they could double their effort over the limited amount of time in the park).

Posted by CityFan on 11-15-04 at 10:44 PM
LAST EDITED ON 11-15-04 AT 10:47 PM (EST)

I have seen Jenn M as being a straight shooter and a hard worker. Because of editing and time constraints, we see very little footage of the tasks. Jenn M is the only one who has been consistently praised by the other cast members.

Posted by banzai on 11-15-04 at 09:25 AM
LAST EDITED ON 11-15-04 AT 09:28 AM (EST)

It's a risk that Mr. Trump has to take.
It's possible that most of them make impulsive decisions and he has to fire them.
Next thing he knows, Ivana & Maria are the only ones left still standing. He has no choice but to pick Ivana or Maria.

Posted by lulu lemon on 11-15-04 at 02:01 PM
i'm guessing that the final 4 are:

kelly
jen m
andy
sandy

with
maria or wes as a longshot

so somehow, jen m passes the interviews and andy and sandy bombs it...jen m makes the final 2...kinda like amy bombing the interview last season.

Posted by frodo2 on 11-15-04 at 02:24 PM
You can't go by win/loss records, because individual contestants are brought down by their teams. You have to look at the individual stats in terms of quality decisions, leadership victories, and boardroom performance.

Posted by lindan on 11-15-04 at 03:25 PM
Just because a few people place a large sum of bet on Jenn and Kelly, that doesn't necessarily mean those 2 are the final contestants. There is a good chance that those who betted on them will lose their money.

Posted by Bebo on 11-15-04 at 03:44 PM
Betting spoilers turned out to be quite effective in determining the final 2 contestants for two consecutive Survivor series (Thailand and Amazon), plus the eventual winner of the one after those (Pearl Islands).

In the case of Survivor: Amazon, it was discovered that CBS employees had placed a number of the bets.

Yes, The Apprentice airs on a different network, but it wouldn't be the first time folks involved in the production of a reality show tried to get some $$ for themselves.

Posted by lulu lemon on 11-19-04 at 00:22 AM
after watching the dumb blonde STEAL ivana's idea, she's lost all respect for almost every apprentice viewer out there.

wtf was that !!!

Posted by buscemi on 11-19-04 at 08:37 AM
Uh yeah....a Harvard Law graduate is dumb. The bottom line is that, unlike Kevin and Ivana, she is actually personable and can explain ideas well. This is why she was the right one to answer what the purpose of the wheel was. She never said that she came up with the idea.

Posted by lindan on 11-19-04 at 10:55 AM
Exactly. It's only Ivana who has been making all the claims that Jenn's stealing her idea. Given her reputation, there's a good chance that she's lying once again.

Ivana also wanted to interrupt Jenn when she's answering the question to Levi, but we don't know the true reason why Ivana wanted to do that. She claims that Jenn is giving out incorrect information, but in reality, it can be possible that Ivana is just jealous that Jenn is a better presenter than she is.

Posted by toddE on 11-19-04 at 12:34 PM
It was quite clearly shown that Ivana was behind her team's win last night. She came up with the idea and Jen M. had to be assigned busy work. Then she came through during the presentation despite making no other contribution, and earned high praise.

I never have liked Ivana, but she deserved all the credit last night.

This is the second time (QVC as well) we have seen that Jen's strength is in presentation.

That said, she is SOOOO final 2. In fact, she'll probably win. Sorry, hope it doesn't really ruin the show for anyone.

Posted by ginger on 11-19-04 at 04:21 PM
Dear Buscemi:

I have been reading this forum with great interest. Unfortunately, I am likely to be in the Final Two and, as such, will probably never date anyone who posts on a reality television board. Thanks for your support, and keep an eye out for my calendar!

Love N Stuff,

Jenn

Teasing you, Buscemi. I keed because I loff.

Posted by gnosis92 on 11-19-04 at 07:39 PM
cnn had an article that spoiler bets have been placed on jen m and kelly.

i guess the prophecy will come true. the article though states that "nbc is investigating possible leaks" in otherwords, these spoiler bets may be bogus.

it would ruin the show for me, as andy is my favorite, but it seems like i "know" he will lose.

if i were a betting man, i won't bet against jen m.

>It was quite clearly shown that
>Ivana was behind her team's
>win last night. She
>came up with the idea
>and Jen M. had to
>be assigned busy work.
>Then she came through during
>the presentation despite making no
>other contribution, and earned high
>praise.
>
>I never have liked Ivana, but
>she deserved all the credit
>last night.
>
>This is the second time (QVC
>as well) we have seen
>that Jen's strength is in
>presentation.
>
>That said, she is SOOOO final
>2. In fact, she'll
>probably win. Sorry, hope
>it doesn't really ruin the
>show for anyone.
>
>
>

Posted by 63_Stingray on 11-20-04 at 05:12 PM
LAST EDITED ON 11-20-04 AT 05:23 PM (EST)

I don't think Jen M. took credit for Ivana's idea but I do agree that she was given more credit for the development of the idea than she deserved by the client. Was she supposed to interrupt the client and correct them on who actually thought of the wheel? The issue of credit for tasks is really only important in a loss and team members have to defend their contributions to the task to Trump. Yes, Ivana thought of the idea, but since her team won the task, she should be less concerned with getting updtaged by Jen M. that with her team winning and avoiding the boardroom. Ivana is too wrapped up in her dislike of Jen M. and this will cause her to lose focus on a critial element of a future task and she will be fired. Trump already has her number anyway.

Posted by Oscirus on 11-19-04 at 01:00 PM
Barring a total meltdown on either Jen or Kelly's part they both are locks to make it into the final 2. Andy and Kevin lack the experience and Sandy lacks the education.

Posted by jae on 11-19-04 at 09:39 PM
LAST EDITED ON 11-19-04 AT 09:40 PM (EST)

As long as Jenn did not say “It was my idea” during the presentation, she didn’t steal Ivana’s idea. Jenn was clearly the best at presenting. Ivana had the idea but that doesn’t mean she should be the one presenting.

Ivana interrupted Jenn because she felt Jenn was delivering the wrong answers… and she interrupted her to say “Robert, I think you’ve helped us launch a really creative brainstorm, and we collaboratively just started feeding off of that.” What a meaningless sentence.

And it’s not true that Jenn did nothing. She worked on the presentation when the rest went off to ##### about her to Carolyn behind her back… which is why she was good during the presentation! She worked on it! (I paused the tape to read what’s on her laptop screen).

Posted by 63_Stingray on 11-20-04 at 05:18 PM
Maybe I'm just cynical, but I think Trump will feel some pressure to hire either Kevin or Jen M. Jen isin't much for personality, but she has more going for her than Amy did. Kevin just comes accross better to me than Kwame did last year although he is also a little flat in terms of his personality. I think Kelly will make it to the finla four but will be eliminated in the interviews.

Posted by rtrader on 11-21-04 at 04:46 PM
LAST EDITED ON 11-21-04 AT 04:50 PM (EST)

Jen isn't much for personality, but she has more going for her than Amy did.

Don't know if I agree with that. Amy had some significant contributions during the first Apprentice like negotiating the golf club purchase, and putting advertising on the rickshaws. I haven't seen Jennifer do anything that significant this year, except maybe giving some good presentations. Jennifer might do better than Amy during the interviews (if she makes it that far). I realize all of the spoiler bets seem to indicate that she and Kelly make it into the final 2, but I don't recall the kind of negative editing for either Kwame or Bill that I have seen for Jennifer.

So I also am hoping for a Kelly vs. Andy finale, as I think that would be the most interesting contest (particularly since it appears that these two don't like each other).

Posted by Wolfcat on 11-24-04 at 11:00 AM
What has JenM done exactly?

Striaght up question here. Some of you are excellent at summarizing, but the more I think about this the more it seems she's primarily a politico, not an operator or a catalyst type.

Not making any real statements here. Just wanting to clear my head by reading what you folks think are the key achivements that make her so likely to win or not?

Wolfcat

Posted by buscemi on 11-24-04 at 03:23 PM
-Stepped in as the lead 'on air talent' at the last second in the QVC Challenge when Maria choked.
-Was a very good PM in organizing her team to a victory in the dog challenge.
-Convinved the bridal salon people to sell stuff with them when her team was not getting anything up to that point.
-Did a great speaking job in the Levi's challenge prompting the Levi's guy to call her the best.

etc., etc.

Posted by jae on 11-25-04 at 08:13 AM
Some people are surprised that there are such ardent supporters of Jenn M. The reason I see most frequently is that she hasn't done anything to deserve that much support. I guess if I saw people posting in support of Rob, then maybe I'll know how they feel.

I blame the editing. Really if you pick any episode and try to jot down each and every person's specific contribution, you'd probably be hard-pressed to have anything much to say regarding anyone except the PMs. They simply don't showcase how and what each person is accountable for. For example, Jenn C claimed in a radio interview that she did a lot in the real estate task to help Sandy, because of her "expertise" in it, but it wasn't shown. (Don't know whether you want to believe her or not~!)