URL: http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi
Forum: DCForumID1
Thread Number: 134
[ Go back to previous page ]

Original Message
"Boston gossip column claims Rich had lipo after island..."

Posted by SurvivorBlows on 08-24-00 at 01:33 PM
The gossip coulmn for today's Boston Herald is reporting one of the first things rich did after returning home from the island was get liposuction. (is that safe after already having lost so much weight recently?)

...we're not sure if we believe it (none of the local RI media have mentioned it yet) but we're passing it along.

It also reveals that apparently Sean will be interviewing Rich about his weight loss as one of his first Extra! correspondent gigs. Heh...

http://www.bostonherald.com/news/inside_track/track08242000.htm

Table of contents

Messages in this discussion
"RE: Boston gossip column claims Rich had lipo after island..."
Posted by Dalton on 08-25-00 at 04:19 AM
I would hazzard a guess that "liposuction" is the wrong term since it means to suck out the fat from underneath the skin.

As shown in the last episode, ole Rich had alot of flabby layers of skin left over from covering 300 pounds. That calls for what is known as a major "nip-and-tuck" procedure.

Think of nip-and-tuck as removing all the extra skin from his nipples down to his nutsack and sewing the ends back together again.

Dalton

Posted by SuperPole2000 on 08-25-00 at 04:41 AM
I think I'd rather be fat.

Posted by SurvivorBlows on 08-25-00 at 09:51 AM
Dalton, apparently you're right on that one... as I've probably mentioned in one or twice in other postings, I know someone who's friends with one Dique's long-time friends from his Washington, D.C. days (this Washington friend is apparently the woman who bet him $1000 that he couldn't lose the hundred pounds -- wonder if he's still planning on collecting on that bet?)

...so when I read the Herald's column yesterday I happened to mention it to her and she explained, ya, he had something done, but it was basically to deal with all that extra skin that was now hanging around.

-SB

Posted by gorudygo on 08-29-00 at 12:41 PM
Actually, it makes sense for Richard to have lipo after the island! Liposuction can only be performed when the fat cells are "empty," so the obese have to lose weight before the procedure.

Of course, keep in mind that although Richard may have fewer fat cells, there is no limit on how BIG those bastards can get, so even lipo is not a sure thing! Richard will have to watch his diet forever, or else his remaining fat calls could become HUGE!

Posted by Rainydays&Weds. on 08-29-00 at 03:42 PM
OVERSHARE! A little more information than I needed.

"RE: Snakes shed their skin... sometimes surgically"
Posted by Mock Burnett on 08-29-00 at 04:13 PM
First: If you want to reduce your info input... DON'T READ THE BOARDS! (Or else hire someone to edit for you... I'll do it for $18 p/hr.)
Second: The procedure that removed the excess skin is called "resection"; "nip-and-tuck" suffices to describe the removal of excess skin under the eyes or under the chin. But the amount of skin removed from Richard's torso was exponentially greater... I would guesstimate that at least 8 or 9 pounds of tissue were removed.
I'm a little jealous, because I've tended to heaviness since birth; and thru rigorous dieting and exercise got down to my ideal weight only to find the same loose skin at the hips.
I HATE my lovehandles!
Not being a millionaire, I am doomed to carry them with me until death do us part...
I wonder if the skin was donated (skin grafts) to help burn victims or such?

"RE: Snakes shed their skin... sometimes surgically"
Posted by Rainydays&Weds. on 08-29-00 at 04:38 PM
Perhaps with $18 per hour - you could buy a sense of humor...lighten up!