URL: http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi
Forum: DCForumID49
Thread Number: 133
[ Go back to previous page ]

Original Message
"Teasers? Or is something going on we don't know about yet?"

Posted by HappyDayz on 09-07-03 at 02:38 PM
On the last episode, Brian (Spike) McFayden said that if America picks the right guy, there will be a wedding on that stage in two weeks. This is a change from his usual dialog...he usually says if America picks the right guy, and he proposes, and she says yes, there will be a wedding. I noticed that difference in his opening speech when he first said it.

Then, today, I saw the commercial for the upcoming show. It states how the number of guys is going down, and asks "Who will she marry?"

So, is this just the network trying to build up suspense to pick up viewership for the finale? Or, is there something going on behind the scenes and is there a potential marriage already on the horizon (the network just wants to tease us with it)? Has someone already proposed, and they are just waiting to see if that guy is the winner? Very curious to see what will happen.

Table of contents

Messages in this discussion
"RE: Teasers? Or is something going on we don't know about yet?"
Posted by Cupidcruiser on 09-07-03 at 04:17 PM
LAST EDITED ON 09-07-03 AT 05:09 PM (EST)

Double secret inside info--someone saw the remaining five guys all being fitted with wedding bands last week (only Dom's is pure gold--JOKE)--so there probably will be some sham wedding on the show for the last episode. Maybe they have already officially proposed and she has accepted Dom (JOKE) so there can be a sham wedding ceremony.

Posted by HappyDayz on 09-07-03 at 05:21 PM
For real? Well, wedding bands should bring to light who the commitment phobes are in the bunch....
**cough**cough***EVAN***cough**cough

Honestly, I hope there isn't a sham wedding....if it ain't for real, don't do it. I have respected Lisa so far, and I did take the time to read all the stuff out there about her....she's really an impressive girl. If she married Robert, I would have to rethink my stance...but I feel pretty confident she wouldn't marry him. I'm still hoping for a fairy tale ending to this train wreck though, darnit! aka**Hank & Lisa Stepleton**

Posted by Cupidcruiser on 09-07-03 at 06:50 PM
Agree--I hope it's not a sham wedding too--I hope that in the audition process she clicked with one of the guys for real and that is the person who will be standing up there with her at the end. Like I said, the producers manipulate the editing and timing to throw us off or on, and who knows if the votes are really true but if there IS a wedding on the last show let's all hope it's a real commitment on both sides.

Posted by smiley on 09-08-03 at 12:32 PM
How is it that you know this?

*just curious*

Posted by Cupidcruiser on 09-08-03 at 12:53 PM
What, you doubt me ?

Someone told me they saw it, and it makes sense anyway if there is even a possibility of a wedding on the last show. To keep everyone up in the air the producers would have to fit all the remaining guys for a wedding band.... You know they have to have a wedding dress etc. ready too.

Posted by HappyDayz on 09-08-03 at 02:40 PM
Hmmm...well, you did know that last week the guys were going to cook for Lisa's family. You got inside contacts?

I'm sure they are probably getting Lisa's wedding dress ready also...I would think we will probably get to see a segment of the show about it. The guys will probably be shopping for Lisa's rings also (with as many guys as there are left, this might run up a hefty bill). It just doesn't seem smart to me that they timed it so that they would still have four guys left in the final.

"Quick thought"
Posted by AyaK on 09-08-03 at 06:41 PM
1) It wouldn't come as any surprise to me if the producers have already asked Lisa if she would marry these guys at this stage, and if she's told them which one(s) she would.

2) It also wouldn't come as any surprise if the producers have asked the guys if they'd marry Lisa, and if they've answered that question --- so the producers know which pairings (if any) would result in a wedding ... and I'm sure the producers want one of those pairings.

"RE: Quick thought"
Posted by Cupidcruiser on 09-08-03 at 07:40 PM
and (3) it would come as no surprise to anyone that just somehow magically that will be the person who gets the most votes and can propose to Lisa!

It almost makes me glad my kid lives with her boyfriend--Cupid has made marriage so unromantic!

"RE: Quick thought"
Posted by nanrabbit on 09-10-03 at 11:49 PM
I also noticed that Bryan did change his speech. My thoughts were that Lisa is a little worried that America may pick someone she does not want to marry (Robert!!) so then it would not be the right guy for Lisa since she decides if she will marry him. I think that she has the final say and if they pick someone she does not want to marry, then she can say no to the proposal.