URL: http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi
Forum: DCForumID20
Thread Number: 1322
[ Go back to previous page ]

Original Message
"Now where is my Kodak easy share camera?"

Posted by Ontario TAR Fan on 07-29-03 at 01:10 PM
Is it just me or is this season almost totally devoid of all product placements that we saw in previous seasons, especially TAR3? I remember calls home courtesy of T-Mobile and the picture taking in Kaula Lumpur as examples. This season we only have the trips that are being won by the winners of each leg.

Table of contents

Messages in this discussion
"RE: Now where is my Kodak easy share camera?"
Posted by managerr on 07-29-03 at 02:12 PM
They also made a point to drive Ford Focus vehicles in one leg or something too...

Judging by the weird scheduling and CBS not knowing when this would air due to 9/11, it was probably harder to bring sponsors on board for this edition.

Posted by realitybites on 07-29-03 at 02:32 PM
I feel sorry for the teams who won legs late in TAR3 when they were giving away digital cameras instead of cruises and trips.

Posted by memacmur on 07-29-03 at 05:10 PM
I'm just glad I don't have to listen to Phil give his little spiel about enjoying you Kodak easy share camera after the race. Blech.

Posted by Cole on 07-30-03 at 11:57 AM
Good riddance to the Kodak cameras. It was hilarious watching the first place team try to act all excited that they had won these things. The trips are much better ideas, at least we only have to hear about Royal Caribbean or American Airlines once. Although I find the idea of "exotic Mexico" or "festive Latin America" pretty funny.

I'm glad there is less product placement this year. I get annoyed on Survivor every time they win Doritos or Sierra Mist or on Big Brother when they win Dunkin Donuts or Burger King.

Posted by dajaki on 07-30-03 at 01:44 PM
"festive Latin America"

I LMAO with this prize. What the heck does Latin America mean? They could go to Rio de Janeiro, Brazil or Havana, Cuba or Hermosillo, Mexico. Stay in a five-star hotel or a barrio. This was hilarious!

Posted by MsShel330 on 07-30-03 at 10:12 PM
Re: Festive Latin America. I actually yelled at the TV "Where in Latin America?"
I'm really glad that they dropped all the product placement from last season. The prizes weren't that good, especially since digital cameras are the rage. I wonder if Kodak was trying to unload them for that reason? It was just pitiful and awkward to have brand names mentioned every few minutes.

Posted by Efjendar on 07-31-03 at 03:01 PM
Phil doesn't sound too enthused either. I feel disengaged from the race and plunged into the icy waters of commercialdom when Phil goes into his 1950s game show host mode.

Posted by managerr on 07-31-03 at 09:06 PM
Who says CBS doesn't read this board? Anyone else crack up when they had the ad that said: "Log onto the CBS site and enter to win for your own Kodak Easy Share Digital Camera!"

http://www.cbs.com/primetime/amazing_race4/kodak_sweepstakes/index.shtml