URL: http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi
Forum: DCForumID54
Thread Number: 1311
[ Go back to previous page ]

Original Message
"BJ/Tyler HATE Thread! "

Posted by coolflowerpowerman on 04-08-06 at 09:06 PM

I went from being annoyed with the Hippies' stupid antics in the first leg to thinking that they're complete asshats. Their comments that Eric/Jeremy are stupid and are with them at the front of the pack thanks to good luck reek of Colin/Christie-esque arrogance. "We'll win even if we make mistakes because the other teams suck more!"

They constantly brag about how well-traveled they are and how appreciative of other cultures they are, and then they act like the ugliest of ugly Americans.

I find it ludicrous for them to assert that E/J stay ahead because of mere luck while they do it because of superior ability. I don't think the computer crash in Moscow was an ingenious strategic move on their part!

I CAN'T WAIT FOR THEM TO LOSE!!!!!

Table of contents

Messages in this discussion
"RE: BJ/Tyler HATE Thread! "
Posted by nailbone on 04-10-06 at 03:08 PM
We are SO not watching the same show.

Sig by Arkie!!

Holey carp! My blog! MySpace!
Official OT Tassel Adjuster o-

Posted by Lasann on 04-10-06 at 03:17 PM
I've been reading this BJ/Tyler hate thing. It makes me ponder on how differently people can react when they see the exact same thing (information). I'm usually in the majority (at least of the people I interact with both IRL and on-line). When I'm not, I do take the time to reflect.

Having said all that, my only reaction, with respect to the original poster, is WTF.

Flowers courtesy of my yard.

Posted by Cygnus X1 on 04-10-06 at 10:05 PM
Well, last season, most of us obviously weren't watching the same show as the fans of the Weavers.

Better than I deserve. So's this sig by tribephyl.

Posted by bystander on 04-10-06 at 03:30 PM
I see no similarities between BJ/Tyler and Colin/Christie whatsoever. They couldn't be more opposite. BJ & Tyler are actually having fun at the race. I can't recall seeing them lose their cool yet? If they are "Ugly Americans" then we all need to aspire to become more "BJ & Tyler Ugly". They actually make an effort to politely speak to the people in other countries rather than talking or yelling at them. Speaking english loudly doesn't make people who don't know english understand you any better. At least they know enough of the different languages to be gracious and grateful for the help they receive. I think they are doing a great job and I hope they do well in the race.

Posted by dragonflies on 04-10-06 at 03:32 PM
Could you please refresh my memory with some specific 'ugly American' acts?

Sigs by Cyg

Posted by tvgeek401 on 04-10-06 at 07:07 PM
While I'll have to disagree with your overall assesment of BJ/Tyler, I was kind of bothered by their Italian accents and repeated screaming of 'pizza pie'...it stereotypes Italians.

But this small thing is nothing compared to the 'ugly Americans' we've seen in the past.

--gotta love Tribe and his awesome siggies!
And the other teams really do suck more.

Posted by Estee on 04-11-06 at 04:02 PM
(Censored), I'm the one who started the love thread on Fanatics, and those fake Italian accents almost made me turn off the TV a few times. It was like drunk open mike night at the local improv: all we needed was for someone to throw the first punch.

"Agree"
Posted by moonbaby on 04-13-06 at 09:19 AM
the jokey accents were inappropriate and grating.

Posted by Icancook75 on 04-24-06 at 04:20 PM
meh, if someone comes to Québec and starts screaming POUTINE, i'll only be laughing. Especially if those are the only 2 in the bunch who would say "Merci", and "ca va bien".

They are hippies, there's supposed to be a bit crazy.

Posted by mikey on 04-11-06 at 09:10 AM
Ugly Americans? Well, their clothes are ugly. Sorry, that's all I could come up with.

(Now, let's see if I can come up with something for the Lake love thread).

Posted by MizJazmine on 04-13-06 at 01:25 AM
LOL...had ta laugh 'cuz I thought it was just me, but the "hippies" get on my nerves and I want them to go home. Man I was so wishing it was them tonight (4/13). To me it's like they keep trying to amp it up for the camera, like they're doing the show a favor! The show is entertaining all by itself, and they have 3 Emmy's (I think) to prove it. BJ & Tyler are so phony to me. I know I've had enough of 'em....

Posted by Cygnus X1 on 04-13-06 at 01:51 AM
While I certainly don't HATE BJ and Tyler, I do have to say the act is getting a little old at times. Sure seemed that way tonight, and then they for the first time had to deal with a real problem. We'll see what happens next week.

But if you want annoying, try the team that BJ/T just beat out tonight.

Posted by MizJazmine on 04-13-06 at 05:32 PM
hehehehe...I don't hate them either, but I am truly tired of 'em. Everybody elses head seems to be in the "game" despite the camera's, but they seem like they're making their own home video or something - one I don't care to see!

When they got lost those antics went out the window with a quickness and I felt like "finally" these guys are being real, but it didn't last...ughhhh

Posted by CouchTater on 04-14-06 at 09:34 AM
I too can't say that I hate them, but their shtick is starting to really wear thin with me. The scale is starting to tip towards the truely annoying end of the scale, but I still prefer them to the Frats, which thankfully we didn't see much of this week.

Posted by chase101 on 05-18-06 at 11:39 PM
Give em a break....that's why theyre hippies!!

Posted by AuntieMame on 04-14-06 at 03:06 PM
While I do not "hate" BJ/Tyler, I agree they are pretty ugly! At least one of them finally traded in those disgusting orange trousers for a different pair of pants! Ugh! They both must smell pretty bad by now.

I totally agree that their "act" gets old pretty fast. Next week we'll see if they start to get a tad more serious.

Does anyone else notice how Phil braces himself when they approach the mat? He kind of crinkles his nose and cringes when he sees them coming. I was sure he was going to wipe off his face after those kisses. I know that *I* sure would have!!

Mame

Posted by J Slice on 04-14-06 at 04:23 PM
Aside from the Mario and Luigi "accents," these guys have been a pleasure. The only team to bother picking up useful phrases in foreign languages instead of making "vrooom" noises at the cab driver is a good team indeed.

Let's go Mets!

Posted by Lisa0116 on 04-20-06 at 04:17 PM
I am enjoying them, also. I they seem to be having the most fun. I did think that BJ was not quite so animated this week-when he was digging the holes. Was that serious enough for the haters??;)

Posted by tvgeek401 on 04-20-06 at 07:11 PM
LAST EDITED ON 04-20-06 AT 07:12 PM (EST)

The only team to bother picking up useful phrases in foreign languages instead of making "vrooom" noises at the cab driver is a good team indeed.

I think that's my favorite thing about them. It shows that they have some respect for different cultures.

I do agree that showering would be another way to show some respect for other cultures...or people in general. I could practically smell their stink from my tv.

Posted by AugustGirl on 04-20-06 at 07:38 PM
I'm with you, Slicey. They are respectful of the culture they are in, the other racers, and each other. I hope they win.

a J Slice original. bounce by Icey.

Posted by coolflowerpowerman on 04-23-06 at 11:43 PM
Loved BJ and Yolanda's reactions to Tyler's obnoxiousness at the roadblock.

Loved the "Hippies" sucking it up this week and coming in last; hated the non-elimination.

The most pathetic part of their showing this week was the fact that BJ was rolling around in the sand after less an hour of searching mounds, while Lena was rolling out haybales and getting cut for more than eight hours!

Also hated the Hippies lame parody of the other teams. I'd like to see someone do a parody of them, but it's fairly hard to imitate a team that's already a parody.

Posted by mysticwolf on 04-25-06 at 05:53 PM
"Ugly Americans"? Huh?

I see them more like friendly, playful, puppies that passed their basic obedience courses with flying colors. They have fun and don't take anything, including themselves, very seriously.

But, they mind their manners and treat other cultures and the people living there with respect. They're having fun.

A bit goofy, yeah. But, I like 'em.

An Arkie curious cub blogging's scary

" BJ/Tyler HATE Thread! "
Posted by mom2bjm on 04-26-06 at 00:43 AM
Anyone know what the TTOW (or whatever it is) on their shirts means?

Syren, bless your fuzzy little heart!

Posted by tvgeek401 on 04-26-06 at 05:01 AM
I've heard that BJ/Tyler made it up--it's their 'power word'.

For this, I can't make fun. I've done the same thing. zup off!

Posted by Estee on 04-27-06 at 06:40 AM
No, it has a meaning. I looked it up. 'TTOW: the act of jumping over a fleeing animal while acting as zookeeper. Also used to describe a momentary abandonment of bricklaying duties.'

Posted by Tahj on 04-27-06 at 11:07 AM
Ewe? are so silly.

Moves courtesy of Syren

Posted by coolflowerpowerman on 04-27-06 at 00:30 AM
LAST EDITED ON 04-27-06 AT 00:32 AM (EST)

The yelling and running around in the airport in Oman was just soooooooo respectful! The "nice guys" schtick is just overdone and I don't even believe it. They're annoying and self-serving, just like Eric/Jeremy and Joseph/Monica, and they've proven that they're not any more compentent racers than those teams.

This team is even harder for me to watch than Jonathan/Victoria, honestly, and I feel like I'm only tuning in to hopefully see them get eliminated.

Sad to see Fran/Barry go; Ray/Yolanda are the only ones left I really like

May TAR 10 be better than this one... "TTOW!"

Posted by mtopaz on 04-27-06 at 02:53 AM
Well, I can't say as I blame them for being super excited to (just barely) make the same flight as the rest of the teams, thereby ensuring a chance at not being eliminated. It is a race for a million bucks after all, so a "yahoo!" or two as they run for the gate doesn't seem completely rude and outrageous. It's not like they did it in a church or something for pete's sake.

The hippies do annoy me, because they are exactly like overgrown puppies -- too enthusiastic, too goofy, and sometimes I just want to give them a firm but gentle whack on their no-doubt wet noses and say "Sit!" and "heel!"

However, the editing given to MoJo and the frats tonight was pretty brutal. I already think the frats are pond scum, but MoJo sounded like whiney babies (they said they're going to yield us! We hate the hippies! they're mean!). If MoJo or the frats win this race, I'm going to be soooooo disappointed. I'm don't like any of the remaining teams much, but the hippies seem to be the least offensive and most entertaining.

Sig pic by the fabulous JSlice!

Posted by Prof_ Wagstaff on 04-27-06 at 08:08 AM
Aaawww, come on cfpm, didn't it make you smile (just a little) when they stopped, racing in last place, to pick-up a hitchhiker? And then exchange nose kisses when they parted?

LMAO! What other teams would have done something like that?

Sig by Cygnus
"Well, art is art, isn't it? Still, on the other hand, water is water! And east is east and west is west and if you take cranberries and stew them like applesauce they taste much more like prunes than rhubarb does. Now, uh...Now tell me what you know."

Posted by coolflowerpowerman on 04-27-06 at 12:43 PM
LAST EDITED ON 04-27-06 AT 12:44 PM (EST)

It definitely was good strategy (they got free gas and some food out of it), and I'm sure it made them feel great about their American bedouin selves.

I don't know, the funniest moments for me are when "the funny and ironic" in life find the racers, not when they embark on a crusade to mug for the cameras and turn everything into an incident of slapstick "hilarity".

Returning to my corner...

"Um ..."
Posted by Karchita on 04-27-06 at 03:15 PM
I like the hippies. Yes, they are goofy, but I would rather watch that than the morose or bickering or lovebird teams. They are relaxed and having fun, although I can see how not everyone would like their sense of humor.

I like that they are positive and emotionally mature, and by that I mean the don't have tantrums or b!tch-n-blame sessions. They haven't been cursing their luck although they have had terrible luck for the last several legs. They are just focusing on what they need to do. The one doing the searching in the sand (sorry I still don't know who is who) got frustrated, but who wouldn't? He didn't do a complete meltdown like some in similar situations in other seasons.

For all the slapstick, they have run a clinical race using teamwork and their smarts to get ahead and not getting overly emotional.

"RE: Um ..."
Posted by coolflowerpowerman on 04-27-06 at 06:33 PM
Ok...

Driving two hours in the wrong direction = bad racing, not bad luck.

Rolling around listlessly in the sand and scraping at the tops of sand piles = bad technique, not bad luck.

Getting on a plane at the last minute (something BJ has experience doing illegally) = very, very, good luck!

Posted by tvgeek401 on 04-27-06 at 07:13 PM
something BJ has experience doing illegally.

When did this happen? I haven't heard anything about it. Or is it just a baseless insult of the hippies?

And BJ's 'scraping at the tops of sand piles' wasn't bad technique. There were six shuwas and 117 mounds. Did any other team follow BJ and find a shuwa in one of the holes he had dug? No. Did BJ have to go back through the mounds and find a shuwa in one that he'd missed? NO. It wasn't poor skill, it was just bad luck.

Posted by coolflowerpowerman on 04-29-06 at 07:19 PM
LAST EDITED ON 04-29-06 AT 07:21 PM (EST)

http://www.zap2it.com/tv/news/zap-amazingraceairportsecurity,0,1354996.story?coll=zap-tv-headlines

Posted by tvgeek401 on 04-30-06 at 05:58 PM
Wow. How did he manage to sneak on? At least he had a ticket--not as bad as it could have been.

I apologize for doubting you, even though I still disagree with your hatred towards the Hippies.

Posted by Karchita on 04-28-06 at 02:09 AM
OK, well that would explain why they aren't complaining about their luck! :p

However, I do think they had bad luck at the searching task.

But forget about the luck issue, I like them because they are much more mature, while acting like total goofballs, than many many other racers whom I have hated.

Posted by mtopaz on 04-28-06 at 02:52 PM
Getting on a plane at the last minute (something BJ has experience doing illegally)

?? Did I miss something? Did BJ say he was a stowaway on flights before or something?

Sig pic by JSlice

Posted by Serendipity on 04-28-06 at 11:37 PM
BJ hasn't mentioned it al all. However, there is a news story that's surfaced about his arrest for sneaking onto a plane after being told it was full.

Posted by coolflowerpowerman on 04-29-06 at 07:22 PM
http://www.zap2it.com/tv/news/zap-amazingraceairportsecurity,0,1354996.story?coll=zap-tv-headlines

Posted by mtopaz on 05-08-06 at 02:50 PM
Thanks for the link. Stupid thing to do, but then again, it appears he was 18 or 19 years old at the time. Not the best of ages for reasoned and mature decision-making.

Sig pic by JSlice

Posted by nailbone on 05-04-06 at 08:17 AM
I missed last week and some of last night, but it seems like the Hippies are doing somethings that are really pissing the other teams off. I know they Yielded MoJo, but I missed what led up to it, which seemed to make it worse than just the Yield.

Monica did act like a bratty child on the mat last night.

Sig by Arkie!!

Holey carp! My blog! MySpace!
Official OT Tassel Adjuster o-

Posted by Snidget on 05-04-06 at 08:46 AM
They did comment that if people didn't give them money after the last NEL they would yield them.

That comment pissed MoJo off quite a bit.

Imaginary friends by Bob!

Posted by Lasann on 05-04-06 at 09:08 AM
Plus they decided to start a rumour that E/J (one or the other) was flirting with Monica. Joseph could hardly contain himself.
Their attempt at causing friction between MoJo and E/J didn't work so well. IMHO, non-evil people shouldn't try to be evil. It just doesn't work. Leave that to MoJo.

Heaven on Earth! That’s me lying on the beach *giggle*

Posted by brvnkrz on 05-04-06 at 10:08 AM
I agree. I really like these two and I don't want them to ruin that by trying to be evil.

One nation under George, divided.

Posted by mtopaz on 05-04-06 at 12:44 PM
Monica is the biggest baby out there. (In fact, the immaturity of all the remaining teams, except RaYo, is a disappointment.) The Hippies' lame attempt to psych out MoJo was seriously annoying. "Hey Joseph, I notice Monica and Jeremy are getting pretty close!" Why not sing that lovely little ditty while you're at it:

"Monica and Jeremy, sitting in a tree, k i s s i n g ..."

The only thing dumber was Joseph letting it get under his skin.

Note to Hippies: If you are going to yield another team, do it for strategic reasons, not for revenge. Yes, MoJo were right on your tail, but how about yielding Ray and Yolanda or the Frats, who are really your strongest competition in the race? Maybe if you'd yielded RaYo, they wouldn't have smoked your a$$ and come in first.

Sig pic by JSlice

Posted by Earl Colby Pottinger on 05-04-06 at 01:18 PM
The Hippies have fallen in points with me because of thier behaviour, but not enough that I would ever consider the Frat Boys to be deserving winners.

Posted by coolflowerpowerman on 05-08-06 at 01:35 AM
http://www.stanfordalumni.org/news/magazine/1999/marapr/articles/admission.html

A great article about some intelligent people ignoring attention-whore Tyler's obnoxious antics. Good on Stanford!

Posted by sittem on 05-11-06 at 10:47 AM
LAST EDITED ON 05-11-06 AT 10:47 AM (EST)

Great link cool! Now get yourself over to the LL and give this poser a #3 ranking!

2002 IceCat Originals, Inc. All rights reserved.

Posted by chase101 on 05-18-06 at 11:38 PM
You're such a looser yourself!

"Welcome chase101"
Posted by IceCat on 05-19-06 at 02:36 AM
At this message board we do not allow personal attacks.

Please take the time to read our Community Guidelines and refrain from bashing fellow posters.

Thank you.