URL: http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi
Forum: DCForumID95
Thread Number: 131
[ Go back to previous page ]

Original Message
"So, how 'bout that premiere?"

Posted by J Slice on 01-14-07 at 10:26 PM
Filler. Filler. Filler. Filler.Filler. Filler.Filler. Filler.Filler. Filler.Filler. Filler.Filler. Filler. Filler. Filler.Filler. Filler.Filler. Filler.Filler. Filler.Filler. Filler.Filler. Filler.Filler. Filler.Filler. Filler.Filler. Filler.Filler. Filler.Filler. Filler.Filler. Filler.Filler. Filler.Filler. Filler.Filler. Filler.Filler. Filler.Filler.

Intense- I love it. Plus, two romantic loose ends were tied off (I <3 Morris; I have therefore staked claim on him. Buchanan has thus been relinquished to Augie, so that she might duke it out with Karen Hayes). How Jack managed to clean off all that blood in such a short period of time is a mind-boggler, but I'm loving all the action.

Plus, Peter MacNichol is playing... a weasel. Again. Must suck to be typecast.

I do wonder what tomorrow's incredible finale could be- I've read that it's gonna be huge.

What, us, dysfunctional?

Table of contents

Messages in this discussion
"RE: So, how 'bout that premiere?"
Posted by bystander on 01-14-07 at 11:53 PM
Any guesses on who the CTU Mole is this season?

Posted by J Slice on 01-15-07 at 00:09 AM
Well, seeing as Milo is likely involved in the Chloe love triangle, I'd bet he could be it...

What, us, dysfunctional?

Posted by HistoryDetective on 01-15-07 at 08:50 AM
Eric Balfour?! Again?!

Why won't the networks, all of them, just make. him. go. away.

Posted by Sagebrush Dan on 01-15-07 at 01:19 AM
Hooked again. Great stuff.

Interesting that Jack-from-Will-and-Grace's son has a role on here. Saw him a few days ago in a movie playing a really little kid....took me awhile to figure out who he was. Then it took me awhile to realize why the naive-long-haired-teenage-kid-who-gets-messed-with-again-this-season looked familiar.

Tribe

Whatever you can do, or dream you can, begin it.
Boldness has genius, power, and magic in it.
—Goethe

Posted by Tahj on 01-15-07 at 01:01 PM
Sharp eye there, Dan boy, sharp eye. I bet Jack could use you.

Tribe rocked my sig!
And no, I didn't mean it in that way.

Posted by Sagebrush Dan on 01-15-07 at 04:47 PM
Which Jack?

Tribe

—Goethe

Posted by AyaK on 01-15-07 at 01:52 AM
>I do wonder what tomorrow's incredible
>finale could be- I've read
>that it's gonna be huge.

I've seen it. There are two big shock moments, only one of which involves Jack (but that one is really shocking), and it ends with a flash. If you really want to know, I'll tell you in hidden text.

Turns out that Curtis was in a Gulf War unit ambushed by terrorists working for Assad, and two of his men were beheaded on tape. As Wayne, at Jack's urging, is about to offer Assad immunity for his past crimes in return for his help against Fayed, Curtis loses it, swearing that he'll never forgive Assad, and raises his gun to shoot Assad. Jack pulls his pistol and shoots Curtis in the head, saving Assad but killing Curtis, then throws up. At the end of the episode, the teenage terrorist detonates his suitcase nuke, killing the neighbor family that took him in -- and setting off a nice area of destruction in the middle of LA. The episode ends there, with Palmer, CTU and Jack watching the nuke flash. The suitcase nukes were made to take out tank units during the Cold War, so we're not talking about nuclear Armageddon here -- but it's bad enough.

Soylent Green: recycling America, one person at a time.

Posted by Bebo on 01-15-07 at 08:33 AM
Damn you and that hidden text. I haven't read it, because I want to be surprised, but it's driving me nuts that I can.

I just thought you'd like to know the conundrum you've given me today.

Posted by bystander on 01-15-07 at 09:11 AM
HOLY CARP BEBO! You should read it! I was only slightly excited about watching before but now I'll definitely tune in!!!!!

Posted by Bebo on 01-15-07 at 12:30 PM
Nope, I've held out for this long, I can make it another few hours. Besides, I normally go into this show spoilered, so I want to see what it's like for the head-blind. I don't need anything to get me more psyched to watch tonight.

"WOOHOO!!!!"
Posted by Bebo on 01-15-07 at 09:51 PM
Made it through without looking at the hidden text, but I guessed both things were going to happen.

Early on in the two hours, we were playing Deathwatch here and trying to figure out who was going to buy the farm this episode. I couldn't shake the feeling that Curtis was going to be toast, and that Jack would probably have to take him out.

I also guessed the nuke, which is good, since Yahoo spoiled it in their headlines.

"RE: WOOHOO!!!!"
Posted by Sagebrush Dan on 01-18-07 at 05:44 PM
Yeah, the nuke was a given, seeing how it was the premiere.

Tribe

—Goethe

Posted by Emily RugBurn on 01-15-07 at 09:56 AM
My husband seems to think everything is leaning towards them killing off Jack... soon. They certainly did hint at the possibility A LOT last night (all his talk about how he "can't do this anymore", how he sees death, on his terms, as a "relief", etc... and the promise of a shocking episode tonight...), but then I asked "Is there a 24 without Jack Bauer?" My first instinct is "no". He is the show. (It's the "Jack Bauer Power Hour" fer heck sakes!) Plus, didn't he sign on for Season 6? (I hardly think that means 4 episodes of Season 6?...)

And also, how many freaking times do decision makers have to doubt Jack's claims before they just believe him outright? If Jack told me sh!t was delicious, I'd be a fool not to grab a fork.

Emily's RugBlog

Posted by emydi on 01-15-07 at 10:11 AM
psst..this is season 6

I thought the same thing and I think it probably will be soon. There is no 24 without Kiefer

I read an article in Rolling Stone from one of exec prod. He wanted to only do 4 seasons. But they won the Emmy in Season 5...soo..

Posted by Emily RugBurn on 01-15-07 at 10:20 AM
Whoopsy -- I guess I didn't word myself properly! I meant that since he committed to this season (6), I hardly think it meant only 4 episodes.

As far as I'm concerned, Kiefer should ride the 24 bus until it runs out of gas. His career was virtually non-existent until "24" brought him back, and when it's over, he'll have an extremely difficult time getting away from "Jack Bauer" type roles.

Emily's RugBlog

Posted by emydi on 01-15-07 at 09:55 AM
OMH!! I love this show.... Okay you Kiefer fans what did you immediately think of when he bit that guys neck?

Michael, you're eating maggots, Michael

I thought he'd sprout the fangs all over again!!

Posted by geg6 on 01-15-07 at 02:46 PM
*jumps up and down with Emy*

I thought the exact same thought!!!!!!!

I'd totally let Kiefer bite my neck. Totally.

The strongest man in the world is he who stands alone. — Henrik Ibsen
If a man does not keep pace with his companions, perhaps it is because he hears a different drummer. Let him step to the music which he hears, however measured or far away. - Henry David Thoreau

Posted by Maroonclown on 01-15-07 at 03:40 PM
Me Too! Me Too! I love that movie. I think about it when I hear his voice on the Ford commercials too. So sultry and gravelly and sexy.

Although accordng to Julia Roberts he has really, really stinky breath

Posted by KwietOne on 01-15-07 at 07:40 PM
Ooooh...I lvoed his voice in Phone Booth!

Loved it when he took a bite out of crime! LOL

Got Tribe? I did! Are you on the list?
You do know what they say about the quiet ones, right?

Posted by emydi on 01-16-07 at 12:02 PM
Here you go geggy...vidcaps for the whole movie...I'm going to have to watch it again..I've seen it about 25 times and I love it every time!

Posted by Sagebrush Dan on 01-15-07 at 04:51 PM
LAST EDITED ON 01-15-07 AT 05:00 PM (EST)

Okay you Kiefer fans what did you immediately think of when he bit that guys neck?

My mind was still skewed from seeing Jake Gyllenhaal in drag on SNL the night before, so it seemed perfectly natural at first. Then I realized that naw, it wasn't another Jack and Ennis reunion — wrong Jack.

Tribe

But yeah, it was pretty hot. It was a nice little bonus.

Posted by Tahj on 01-15-07 at 01:03 PM
Loved it. So glad it's back.

Tribe rocked my sig!

Posted by blacknwhitedog on 01-15-07 at 01:09 PM
I liked when Jack said "I don't remember how to do this" and Assad said "You will" or something like that. Jack rocks!

I'm still not getting Wayne Palmer as president. And what's up with his sister and that other guy? At first I thought the sister was David Palmer's daughter.

Slice n' Dice Chop Shop ©2004

please no Kim!

Posted by Sagebrush Dan on 01-15-07 at 04:46 PM
Yeah, Wayne Palmer as President doesn't work for me, either. It's a casting issue. Has a look of being oo naive and inexperienced.

Tribe

—Goethe

Posted by Breezy on 01-17-07 at 10:18 AM
It's his voice, he talks in a whisper. He doesn't command attention with that whispery voice, so can't believe he would have been voted in as President.

Posted by geg6 on 01-17-07 at 11:48 AM
I think there is something purposeful in that.

I think we're meant to see him as in over his head. Which is, apparently, why smarmy-guy-from-shows-I've-apparently-never-watched-and-everyone-else-did is able to convince him to take away everyone's constitutional rights.

Hmmmmmm...that sounds sooooo familiar. Now, where have I seen that before.

Oh, wait. Sadly, that wasn't on a TV show.

If a man does not keep pace with his companions, perhaps it is because he hears a different drummer. Let him step to the music which he hears, however measured or far away. - Henry David Thoreau

"Disagree"
Posted by AyaK on 01-18-07 at 12:15 PM
Wayne is shown as being very decisive. Good or bad, he makes a decision quickly and takes the consequences. In that regard, he's as different from Logan as possible.

And, unlike current management, he's shown as being smart enough to realize when he's made bad decisions. He seems to be capable of learning on the job.

Remember, the campaign of terror started the day he took office. After 11 weeks of chaos, even the best presidents would be pushed to the edge.

"RE: Disagree"
Posted by geg6 on 01-18-07 at 04:18 PM
Oh, damn your voice of reason!

*hangs head*

I think I just miss David Palmer.

Posted by Bebo on 01-19-07 at 12:43 PM
I'm still trying to keep myself from yelling "Wayne's World! Wayne's World! Not party time! Not excellent!" every time he appears on the screen.

Posted by geg6 on 01-19-07 at 03:15 PM
Great! Now I'll never get that out of my head when he's on screen.

LOL, Bebo!

Posted by trigirl on 01-20-07 at 08:09 PM
There is something about Wayne Palmer as President that makes me want to buy a beret and try and get a job as an intern.

Posted by cahaya on 01-15-07 at 03:02 PM
Great stuff, lots of intrigue. I had to update DW verbally on who everybody was (she hadn't seen it yet) and she's hooked, too. I'm looking forward to tonight's episode!

Kiefer Sutherland was on Charlie Rose earlier today and his views on where terrorism can go is kind of scary - shopping malls, trains, buses, just about anywhere where people congregate on a daily basis. Interesting inverview.

Wayang Kulit puppet show by Tribe.

Posted by HistoryDetective on 01-15-07 at 04:44 PM
Did I only imagine it, or was Wayne Palmer wearing a wedding band? I thought I saw one, but when I started actively looking for it we never saw his left hand again, only the right one.

Posted by Emily RugBurn on 01-16-07 at 11:06 AM
Nope -- you didn't imagine it, HD. He was definitely wearing a (white gold or platinum) wedding band. I caught it, too.

So who's the wifey?...

Emily's RugBlog

Posted by HistoryDetective on 01-17-07 at 10:12 AM
I'm wondering the same thing. And will she play a role at all this season?

Posted by Bebo on 01-15-07 at 10:34 PM
Favorite line of the night? Mine was courtesy of the totally awesome Chloe:

Jack, is this important? I'm kinda busy right now.

Posted by Emily RugBurn on 01-16-07 at 11:10 AM
My favourite line of the night was when Jack dragged the guy out of the Jeep, threw him onto the ground, and in the calmest of clam voices says to him: "Don't get up." and then proceeds to take his Jeep.

I think I actually laughed out loud at that one.

Emily's RugBlog

Posted by AugustGirl on 01-16-07 at 06:56 AM
Buchanan has thus been relinquished to Augie, so that she might duke it out with Karen Hayes

Thanks Slicey! I can totally take Karen Hayes. No problem. Buchanan is MINE!

And WOW! What an awesome four hours.

I still cannot believe Jack killed Curtis. Cannot believe it. I felt like throwing up too. Poor Jack.

And that weasley, punk guy from last season is back next episode. I hope Jack tortures the hell out of him.

a J Slice original. bounce by Icey.

Posted by Prof_ Wagstaff on 01-16-07 at 08:50 AM
I haven't watched 24 since the first season, so I'm admittedly out of the loop.

But do the government agents always have so much trouble following the command; "We HAVE to take this guy alive."?

As soon as that is said you know the guy is going to meet the same fate the 3rd crewman in the party, that beams down to the planet with Spock and McCoy.
Toast!

Tribephylanthropy!
Space for Rent.

Posted by Sagebrush Dan on 01-19-07 at 06:12 PM
Yeah, they should definitely cut to the chase and say "dead meat" rather than that "need them alive" silliness.

—Goethe

Posted by blacknwhitedog on 01-16-07 at 10:56 AM
I'm not enjoying this season as much as the last 2 seasons. I think because they've killed off everyone I cared about except for Jack and Chloe. I knew Curtis was toast- Roger Cross was listed as a "special guest star"- never a good sign.

I finally figured out that the actor that plays Assad is the same guy that played Dr. Bashir (sp?) on Deep Space Nine.

Slice n' Dice Chop Shop ©2004

Posted by bondt007 on 01-16-07 at 03:17 PM
Oh! Your right! That's who that guy is - it was bugging me....

>Issued by "Q" and RollDdice

Charter Member, April 2001; Club Anti-DAW

Posted by iloverob on 01-16-07 at 05:23 PM
Loved the show!!!!!

I do have a couple of things that bothered me. President Palmer is no President Palmer. It should have been President Heller. But the thing that I couldn't get past last night was a mother leaving her son in the hands of a terrorist. Wouldn't happen. There is no way I would have just hugged my son and left. So I got stuck on that for a while.

Other than that, it was great! I'm having 24 withdrawls and we only get an hour from now on

Posted by Sagebrush Dan on 01-19-07 at 06:13 PM
How about "President Jack"? That would make for an interesting campaign trail alone.

The hills are alive with the sigs of Tribe

—Goethe

Posted by Prof_ Wagstaff on 01-21-07 at 09:28 AM
Anyone who could start and finish their campaign in 24 hours would get my vote!

Tribephylanthropy!
Of course the downside might be that a couple hundred thousand people would have to die, horribly, about halfway through the day.

Posted by Ahtumbreez on 01-21-07 at 08:58 PM

Just the ones that weren't going to vote for Jack would die. Interesting slogan: Vote Bauer or Die

Posted by Sagebrush Dan on 01-22-07 at 10:45 AM

Tribe

His campaign manager would get shot in the first hour or so (presumably by Jack), but then his media manager would be working for the opposing side. And, every town he stopped in would get partially blown up. But, he can always rely on that trusty cell phone and his ability to get from town to town in 20 minutes — provided his jet doesn't blow up. Would Chloe be in charge of the FCC?

Posted by sittem on 01-18-07 at 11:27 AM
I'm enjoying it so far, but I'm "watching" it by reading the Fox summaries at their website. No 24 on here, nor is anyone posting it to youtube However, both my sons are taping back in the US, so I'll see it eventually. In the mean time I can't stand not knowing what's happening. I'll also continue to catch the commentary here.

Go Jack - you'll figure out what to do. If you can go from filth and a beard to spiffed up with a shave, shower and new clothes in 11 minutes you can do anything!

2002 IceCat Originals, Inc. All rights reserved.

Posted by KwietOne on 01-21-07 at 01:58 PM
Hey, anyone notice that Marisol Nichols also starred in Vegas Vacation back in 1997? She played Audrey Griswald. Her dancing in that go-go cage is a far cry from what she plays now.

Got Tribe? I did! Are you on the list?
You do know what they say about the quiet ones, right?

Posted by Loree on 01-21-07 at 06:36 PM
>Hey, anyone notice that Marisol Nichols
>also starred in Vegas Vacation
>back in 1997? She
>played Audrey Griswald. Her
>dancing in that go-go cage
>is a far cry from
>what she plays now.

That movie was just on TV today. I noticed that too.