URL: http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi
Forum: DCForumID91
Thread Number: 131
[ Go back to previous page ]

Original Message
"What Is Going On"

Posted by SpecialK25 on 10-18-05 at 10:41 AM
I have been watching SO since the 1st season, and now its seems like a soap opera. Where are they going to find some of these people. I feel that some are there to really get help while others want a vacation. The on going drama is unbelieveable. I especailly miss Rhonda, she was true to the process of being a "REAL COACH". I remember the episode when she and Rain were breaking down trying to convince Josie to stay in the house. That was real. This new coach, some of her tatics are way out there. Whatever happend to Summer, Renee, and Rachel?? Did they ever graduated or what??

Table of contents

Messages in this discussion
"RE: What Is Going On"
Posted by HistoryBuff on 10-18-05 at 11:48 AM
As someone once pointed out, it was probably never a coincidence that "Starting Over" shares the initials of "Soap Opera". I think your being away from it for awhile has just given you a fresher, truer perspective. It has always been about daytime drama.

The coach you miss is probably Rana, whose contract (according to an LA Times article) was not renewed after the first season because of her obvious inexperience in life coaching. Professional coaches, like therapists, should never let themselves show the personal emotional involvement with their clients that Rana did. And Rana also pretty much left Josie to be coached by Rain, a fellow HG, which wasn't fair to Rain and her own needs.

The 2nd season women you mentioned did graduate, with one big exception - Summer was actually kicked out of the house for repeatedly, despite warnings, interacting with the production crew.