URL: http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi
Forum: DCForumID78
Thread Number: 131
[ Go back to previous page ]

Original Message
"Season 2- Episode 8"

Posted by bdemoney on 11-21-05 at 12:57 PM
I thought that last nights episode was pretty good, as long as I don't try and worry about any of it being believable. (though still not up there with season 1) I liked the fact that they are finally making Gabby have a bit more depth, instead of always being so two-dimensional. Showing some emotion about the loss of her baby was a pleasant change from her me, me, me storyline.

It was also nice to see Lynette at home for change and not only doing the same old "I work too much" plotline. She and her family crack me up! And the next door neighbor taking a taber to her co-worker was pretty dang funny.

Bree has finally started to realize what a whack job George is, so we can only hope he is taken into custody for killing the shrink (or Rex) and be done with him. I really can not stand George or even fathom why they thought the audience would buy he and Bree being together in the first place. Someone that worried about appearances would never go out and get engaged so quickly after her husband's death. But at least it looks like George will be gone soon. (I sure hope so, at least!)

Speaking of people I wish would be gone, why the heck do they keep bringing Susan's mom back on the show. As if Susan isn't annoying enough, her mom is 10 times worse. Can't wait for her to be gone soon too.

Betty's character was around a bit last night, and Edie was no where to be seen. Would love to see more of both of them....

What do you guys think?

Table of contents

Messages in this discussion
"RE: Season 2- Episode 8"
Posted by Rhyn on 11-21-05 at 01:47 PM
Betty and Matthew were great, and I would love to see them more (even in a Paul/Zach sorta way).

I loved that Gabby's grief was so uncommon. That's part of what I love about the show. They handled it very nicely, and I love that while she feigned indifference at Carlos' concern that she hadn't even thought of names, she actually had. And, in true Gabriel fashion, she didn't say, "Carlos and I were going to discuss names." She said, "I was going to name..." So her.

Susan is much more stomachable, but even annoying, I love her mother's character. In small doses, to be sure, but she's amusing because she brings Newhart with her. And his deadpan is so fun off her flightiness.

Marcia Cross' acting was superior last night, and she really made the show. I also love Mike's coldness. And Lynette's insistence that she's right about the kids, even though she's out of the picture. I loved seeing her neighbor again, too, though her name escapes me at the moment.

Posted by Bebo on 11-21-05 at 03:09 PM
Mrs. McCloskey. Any show smart enough not to kill off that wonderful actress (boo, West Wing) gets points from me. I was howling during the tazer scene.

Finally, the show started getting back to some of the stuff that made it good, such as the women trying to rally around Gaby and help her with her grief. I think the writers are working to keep Eva Longoria from getting slighted this year by Emmy voters, because they're doing a wonderful job of writing for her character. Even when the show's been disappointing me, Gaby has been dead-on.

And the previews had me ROFLMAO - can't wait for George's serendade, even though I should be furious that I can't get that stoopid David Soul one-hit-wonder out of my head now.

Posted by bdemoney on 11-21-05 at 03:57 PM
Rhyn, I have to agree with you, that Bob Newhart's addition is a good one. He is so funny with his dry, deadpan sense of humor.

Bebo, I am also looking forward to next weeks episode. George and Bree's encounter looks to be a good one! Oh, and I had to look up who David Soul is. I'd never heard of him.....didn't realize he was the Hutch in Starsky and Hutch. Guess ya learn something new every day!

Posted by willinCal on 11-21-05 at 03:37 PM
I found myself fast forwarding every time Susan came on screen, but then backtracked during the part where her Mom was giving a speech about Susan's real father. Uh, still not interesting.

I'm loving that Gaby has a conscience and not usually playing her one-dimensional character.

Bree! Get away from George!