URL: http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi
Forum: DCForumID33
Thread Number: 131
[ Go back to previous page ]

Original Message
"Help Log Out"

Posted by Tilwee on 09-27-03 at 10:30 PM
Please help me figure out why I can't seem to log out. I will log in, check the boards, go to the lobby page and hit LOG OUT, I am directed to the Log In page. I don't do anything, since I want to log out, so then I close my brouser. But when I return later, I am still logged in because at the top of the lobby page there is the Log Out icon. This interferes with me getting the lastest posting. I ask to be notified when new posting are posted (thank you), but when I go to that page, they are not there.
Even though I have posted alot (for me) I am still new to all of this and am trying to learn. I have browsed through your Help postings, but have not found anything that could help me on this. I have used the Help posting to answer some other questions and find then very helpful.
May I take a minute to say that I really enjoy this site !!!
It is the best on the WWW !!

Table of contents

Messages in this discussion
"RE: Help Log Out"
Posted by SurvivorBlows on 10-01-03 at 00:50 AM
Other than the possibility that you're running some kind of firewall software that might somehow be preventing our message board from deleting it's very own session cookie from your computer, I have no explanation for this behavior, sorry.

-SB

"RE: Help Log Out"
Posted by Tilwee on 10-02-03 at 07:12 PM
That might be one reason. I also noticed that I need to log out of each different message board that I visit. If I log out on the surviour board but had also visited the "Starting Over" board under other shows, I am not logged out on the "Starting Over" board.
I noticed this after I had posted to you and went back and checked every board that I visited to see if I was logged out.
But thank you for getting back to me.

"RE:Cookie"
Posted by Tilwee on 10-08-03 at 06:16 PM
Thank you for the suggestion. I located the cookie, deleted it and am not having a problem logging out.