URL: http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi
Forum: DCForumID91
Thread Number: 1308
[ Go back to previous page ]

Original Message
"Rhonda's eye job"

Posted by UWSider on 03-29-06 at 01:32 PM
Judging from the fact that in one of today's confessionals Rhonda's eyebrows appeared halfway up to her hairline, she's either in a constant state of surprise that Lisa 1 might actually graduate, or she's had yet another eye job. What do you all think?

Table of contents

Messages in this discussion
"RE: Rhonda's eye job"
Posted by SOHla on 03-29-06 at 01:49 PM
BOTOX!

Posted by MsSammy on 03-29-06 at 01:51 PM
My husband and I noticed how dramatically different her face looked. It's obvious she's had a brow lift done. She's an attractive woman; it's too bad she felt she needed to have cosmetic surgery.

Posted by eire_heart74 on 03-29-06 at 02:41 PM
For a woman that makes part of her living of teaching good body imagine and self esteem hey maybe she needs to read her own book! I agree with the others it's clear she did something!

Posted by ohmaheck on 03-29-06 at 03:08 PM
I just saw her twice last week...She hasnt had anything done

Posted by JustBNMe on 03-29-06 at 07:25 PM
I don't believe she had anything done either. I know she was ill when they got to the filming of this part of the season which would account for the sound of her voice and her appearance being a bit different. Plus maybe Andy did her makeup

Posted by calimom on 03-29-06 at 04:19 PM
Oh no!! It looks like she had botox done. In the confessional she didn't move her forehead and had minimal eye lid movement. Definetly botox.

Posted by kawyar on 03-29-06 at 05:14 PM
I don't know about the Botox, but she's certainly had her chest lifted!

Posted by beautyboyknockout on 03-29-06 at 07:04 PM
LAST EDITED ON 03-29-06 AT 08:05 PM (EST)

She at least should have invited Kelly to go! But probably realized it wouldn't help.

ETA, she recently did these confessionals, because she definetly had work done. I wonder if she mentions the pros-cons to botox etc. in her new book??

Posted by 00fun on 03-29-06 at 08:35 PM
It looked a lot to me like she had botox done to her forhead.
I know earlier this season, she had the forhead lines and now she doesn't! Her forhead has no lines and doesn't even move, so when she tries, her one eyelid goes up. LOL!

Posted by tac_2 on 03-30-06 at 00:45 AM
LAST EDITED ON 03-30-06 AT 00:47 AM (EST)

Rhonda was here in Seattle yesterday and appeared on a live local TV talk show promoting her new body image book.
She looked good, I'd say younger than her age but botoxed? Not sure, maybe she just had a good makeup artist.

But more noticeable to me is that smirk Rhonda gets on her face when she thinks her tripe is believed. Had to laugh, she had the overweight female co-host tearing/choking up and some of the audience members in tears, too. Unbelievable. lol!
I do have to hand it to her, she's one helluva talented marketer. (Of course to be fair, I have to admit the hosts are known to attract snake oil salesmen types and make them look like saviors for whatever ails you, but still...was funny to see smirky Rhonda snooker the locals.)

Posted by SeasonedRefinement on 03-30-06 at 02:16 AM
I saw a few shots of Rhonda in the confessional today and I think her hair looked better than I have ever seen it look - ever. I am pretty sure that she's had some pieces added or some type of hair extensions, but for the first time in forever, I thought her hair actually looked full and shiny.

Her appearance would improve dramatically if she'd focus on regularly addressing that baby-fine, fried hair.

Her face is beginning to have a very overdone look. If you can find some shots from season 1 and compare them with shots from season 3, it's quite noticeable. But, Rhonda is a STAR, and stars must look their best for their public. That's especially important when you're hawking your body image book, lol.

Oh yeah...she has a mean smirk. I'm beginning to see it alot. It goes with that phoney-nice, sing-song voice she uses when she's being sarcastic.

Posted by msbehavin on 03-30-06 at 08:35 AM
Seasoned, I agree that her hair looked great in the confessional! But seeing that pretty hairdo juxtaposed against that fright-inducing brow lift was jarring!

Rhonda needs to learn to draw the eyebrows on LOWER as the skin on her forehead is drawn up HIGHER because pretty soon they are gonna reach her hairline!

Posted by Cygnus X1 on 03-30-06 at 10:34 AM
But, Rhonda is a STAR, and stars must look their best for their public. That's especially important when you're hawking your body image book, lol.

SR, you misspelled "DAW". Hope this helps!

Better than I deserve.

Posted by SeasonedRefinement on 03-30-06 at 11:40 AM
Aaaah....how did that get by me? Yes, DAW is much more appropriate in the case of the enchanting Miss Rhonda, authoress and Life Coach Emeritus. I stand corrected.

Posted by JessicaRN on 03-30-06 at 01:38 PM
I'm weighing in on the side of a lift. Botox freezes but doesn't change the lay of the land.

Posted by Sweeti on 03-30-06 at 02:21 PM
she looks more frightning every day!

Posted by lovemydogdude on 03-30-06 at 04:32 PM
I agree she sure appears to have had some work done..sure seems hypocritical..miss "love yourself"..yeah right..$10,000 later. Her eyebrows look tatood on..are they? They sure are hiked up too far IMO..I sure noticed the change.

Posted by Shazbot on 03-31-06 at 06:16 PM
Yeah - I'd really like to know if she did. I know she's lost weight, and I thought it was possible that she just had higher arches from an eyebrow wax (I know, I'm laughing at that logic myself). It'd be interesting to compare before and afters. Hmm... maybe I can find and old pic.

Posted by shermie on 04-01-06 at 01:24 AM
She should think about using stencils, a powdered brow colour and brow wax to get real looking brows. And she needs to place them properly.

Botox? Maybe. Wouldn't surprise me. Women in the pulic eye are under an enormous amount of pressure to look good. They will do just about anything to keep up, and stay employed.
So, if Rhonda has had some work done, I say good for her.
If it makes her happy, and feel good about herself, who are we to judge?
She certainly isn't the first person to do it.

Posted by BizzyB on 04-01-06 at 02:57 AM
Whatever she has had done or has had someone help with, well, it is very likely there was pressure to keep up her appearance. We all want to look younger after a certain age, and in the media, they MUST look good on camera- period. That's a lotta pressure, I'm sure.

Posted by beckettrep on 04-01-06 at 08:17 AM
Rhonda always looks pregnant to me - it started last season. She needs to either seriously lose some weight or start dressing in a manner that doesn't draw so much attention to her fat middle.

Posted by jonimoni on 04-01-06 at 01:13 PM
I agree with Rhonda dressing badly, but at 45 she is almost, just almost past her child bearing age. I think maybe she should take this into consideration when she is shopping in the junior section of the store. A woman of dignity dresses her age and it actually makes her appear younger, huh funny how we know that but Rhonda is the expert......

Posted by Zoey on 04-02-06 at 02:12 PM
At this point, I can't tell wether she's had anything done or not. All I know is that she looks awefull, imo. Either she needs something done or she's overdone something.

I haven't actually noticed her eyebrows, it's the lower half of her face that puts me off. Maybe she's had her eyes done and now the rest looks like it needs some work? The lines from her nostrils to the corners of her lips look really deep and something with her lips looks wrong.

Posted by JustBNMe on 04-02-06 at 05:25 PM
The lip thing is a scar on the right side from when she was in an accident in her late 20's and her face was injured along with some ofther parts of her. She was laid up for months becuase of it. She doesn't talk about it much but it must have been pretty bad. As for the deep lines from her nostrils to her mouth I have that too and it is frm smiling so much and having gained and lost weight and it runs in my family as well.

Posted by Zoey on 04-02-06 at 06:00 PM
JustBNMe,

I know that this is common but it seems so much more prominent since last season. It makes me wonder if she aged on her own or if some old plastic surgery is wearing off. Or if her upper face is making her lower face look bad.

Either way, it's not a dig towards you. It's her that looks very different from last season.

Posted by JustBNMe on 04-02-06 at 07:48 PM
I didn't take it as a personal dig towards me at all. I was just commenting about it and sahring what I found to be true in my own life. Rhonda has done alot of exercise and changing of her eating habits getting ready for the LA marathon which she ran in a few weeks ago and had been ill for several months beginning around Christmas time. I also wonder how much of her appearance is changing from the stress of the show and having to put with the likes of Lisa1, Kim, Kelly etc. I know stress ages me alot and then a while later I look better than stressed etc. I still don't believe for a second that she has had any work done as far as cosmetic surgery, botox etc. She said she didn't and I have no reason to thhink she would lie. She is very honest about things in her life. I stil think the eyebrows are due to Anndy paige's input. Look at hers sometimes geez!

Posted by Zoey on 04-03-06 at 12:39 PM
Ok, I just wanted to clear up that I was only talking about Rhonda. I'm glad you understood. My intention isn't to make anyone feel bad about themselves.

I didn't realize that she's denied ever having plastic surgery.

And it's funny you mention it because I was just noticing Andy's eyebrows today and how heavy they are. Although, they do say that the Brook Sheild's look will be very "in" this season.

Posted by gargoyle on 04-06-06 at 08:42 PM
botox, or lift...either way, i am of the opinion that every woman over the age of 40 needs to have a plastic surgeon on retainer.

love those docs!

Posted by TruGoodness on 04-07-06 at 10:55 AM
LAST EDITED ON 04-07-06 AT 10:55 AM (EST)

I don't agree. I think most people look weird after they have stuff done to their faces.

http://www.AmericanInventorSpot.com