URL: http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi
Forum: DCForumID9
Thread Number: 1305
[ Go back to previous page ]

Original Message
"Rachael and her MAN!"

Posted by MizJazmine on 07-24-10 at 11:05 PM
Twice now we've seen Rachael leave outgoing messages for booted houseguest saying the reason they had to go was because they were trying to come between her and her man! Even though she looks thoroughly psychotic to me when she says it, I believe she believes it. When asked by Julie Chen if it came down to the money or Brendon, which would she choose? Her choice? Brendon. But is it reciprocal? Does Brendon feel the same way about her? Would he choose Rachael over the money? Is their relationship a real romance or just a showmance? Is Brendon really Rachael's MAN? What do YOU think?

Table of contents

Messages in this discussion
"RE: Rachael and her MAN!"
Posted by Round Robin on 07-25-10 at 00:33 AM
I don't think she's psychotic. I think she's a socially inept airhead who's put too much of her time and energy into her book learning to have had much opportunity to develop normally in a social sense. And Vegas ain't exactly the best place to develop normal social skills anyway. My question is what, if anything, he sees in her beyond those huge boobs. If he doesn't find anything of value in her beyond her ability to give him a woody, maybe something WILL come between her and her man, and that something might be sanity setting in.

Posted by LFJ on 07-25-10 at 08:45 AM
Assuming she is as intelligent and well educated as CBS says she is, maybe Rachel is insightful enough to know she needs a socially acceptable, strong, but non-threatening male to protect her. What could be better for Rachel. Brendon is a nice looking, educated, employed and socially adept young man who isn't a total tool. If I were Rachel, I wouldn't say anything to put my relationship with Brendon in jeopardy, until after the show.

Posted by Estee on 07-25-10 at 02:29 PM
I believe in the (very rare) possibility of love at first sight.

I'm pretty sure this isn't it.

And I'm not sure Brendon knows what he feels -- but he's the one in control.

CBS would normally have a Las Vegas waitress with this few social skills on CSI. As a corpse.

Posted by Belle Book on 07-25-10 at 04:41 PM
I doubt she's psychotic. I don't think she's stupid either, but she could be very socially inept -- or just very naive and a believer in Happily Ever After as well as True Love. I don't know if Brendon would choose Rachel over the money or not and I think he's using her but I don't think he's ruthlessly doing so. He may have some feelings for her -- just not enough to risk losing the money for the girl.

Posted by jase on 07-25-10 at 08:29 PM
LAST EDITED ON 07-26-10 AT 09:11 AM (EST)

LAST EDITED ON 07-26-10 AT 09:10 AM (EST)

She is no doubt very naive, but she is also stupid for wasting her time on getting rid of people she doesn't like instead real threats to her. Plus, her voice makes my ears bleed.

The whole Matt situation is a perfect example. Knowing he was playing both sides likely means he is in an alliance. Heck... Enzo, for no apparent reason, opened his mouth talking about what alliances, blah, blah.

The whole lot of them seems to be clueless as to what's going on around them. Not focusing on the task at hand, will cost her (and Brendan) a chance at winning it all. Jury House...here they come (if they make it that far).

Posted by Round Robin on 07-26-10 at 01:43 AM
Unless one of them gets backdoored (which would probably be Brendon), at least one of them will get to the jury house. The Brigade is doing no better of a job than they are at keeping their priorities straight, and that means neither side is doing what they should be in regards to getting some of their main enemies out of the house before their own people start getting booted. So unless one side or the other wises up in a hurry, there's a good chance both sides will reach the jury intact.

Posted by Loree on 07-26-10 at 09:46 AM
At this moment in her life Rachel does seem to be extremely hung up on Brendan. She says she would use the POV on Brendan rather than herself if she wins it. Brendan won it and used it on himself, not her. Rachel slept in the Have Not room to be with Brendan. Brendan did not sleep in there to be with her the first week. Rachel tells Julie that she would pick Brendan over the money. Brendan gets in fights with Rachel to defend Andrew. And Brendan has kept his alliance with Andrew a secret from Rachel. I am not sure Rachel has kept anything from Brendan. Looking at this I would say Rachel is more into this relationship than Brendan. She is putting him first. He is enjoying being with her in the house. If he had other options I am not so sure she would be the one.

Posted by Belle Book on 07-26-10 at 06:27 PM
Looks like that answers my question about how much investment Brendon has in the relationship. I think he's enjoying being with Rachel in the house and perhaps he's using her in a way, but he's not as hung up on her as she clearly is on him. He's more able to focus on the game than she is, since he's the one who loves less -- the one who loves the least is the one in control of any showmance.

Posted by MizJazmine on 07-27-10 at 09:32 PM
>At this moment in her life
>Rachel does seem to be
>extremely hung up on Brendan.
> She says she would
>use the POV on Brendan
>rather than herself if she
>wins it. Brendan won
>it and used it on
>himself, not her. Rachel
>slept in the Have Not
>room to be with Brendan.
> Brendan did not sleep
>in there to be with
>her the first week.
>Rachel tells Julie that she
>would pick Brendan over the
>money. Brendan gets in
>fights with Rachel to defend
>Andrew. And Brendan has
>kept his alliance with Andrew
>a secret from Rachel.
>I am not sure Rachel
>has kept anything from Brendan.
> Looking at this I
>would say Rachel is more
>into this relationship than Brendan.
> She is putting him
>first. He is enjoying
>being with her in the
>house. If he had
>other options I am not
>so sure she would be
>the one.

Thanks for stacking it up! I'm seeing the same thing. Rachael may be head over heels for Brendon but I don't see him being the same for her. Also the point you make about Andrew is a very good one. I don't think Rachael has made any other alliances in the house outside of Brendon and that's not good.

Posted by kingfish on 07-30-10 at 07:54 AM
LAST EDITED ON 07-30-10 AT 07:54 AM (EST)

After last night, three for three. This time it's Andrew she sees as a threat.

What a dopey woman. A future reality show star in the making.

Posted by Estee on 07-30-10 at 10:02 AM
Imagine what would happen if Brendon starting paying attention to the fish.

Posted by kingfish on 07-30-10 at 11:06 AM
Me and Rachel?

You're beginning to wear on my nerves, woman!

Posted by Estee on 07-30-10 at 01:33 PM
No, no -- Brendon pays attention to you, then Rachel seeks revenge in the form of a fish fry. Try to keep up.

What is it about the image of you with Rachel that was wearing on your nerves? Other than the auditory one.

Posted by kingfish on 07-30-10 at 09:56 PM
Well, a whole school of cod fainted dead away with your heads up in regard to the fish fry. And I think she was casting hungry looks at the (shudder) fish sticks.

The auditory one would be sufficient.

Posted by Belle Book on 07-30-10 at 05:07 PM
Agreed. But if someone who really doesn't try to get between her and Brendon goes, what happens then?

Posted by Snidget on 07-30-10 at 06:14 PM
I think in her world everyone is always in all circumstances getting between her and her MAN!.

If she can't figure out how you are doing it, that probably just proves how much you really want to break up her relationship.

"It's this easy."
Posted by Estee on 07-30-10 at 06:22 PM
Brendon:Snidget:Rachel

Now you're in trouble.

"RE: It's this easy."
Posted by Snidget on 07-30-10 at 10:23 PM

Summertribe and the living is ease-zee

If I wasn't in trouble I wouldn't know what to do with myself.

Posted by vince3 on 07-30-10 at 11:08 AM
I'm beginning to think that this is her running gag for the season...

Posted by kingfish on 07-30-10 at 11:26 AM
Gag.

Inspires an idea for "America's Vote".

They have those stocks, and all that tape....

Posted by MizJazmine on 08-04-10 at 05:58 PM
LAST EDITED ON 08-04-10 AT 06:04 PM (EST)

Hmmmm...running gag huh? I don't know. To me Rachael didn't seem to like the fact that Andrew and Brendon were allies.

With the Kristen & Hayden nominations she seems incredibly insecure. As if she's the only female that could have a showmance. How dare Kristen!

Posted by mrc on 08-06-10 at 09:32 AM
If this phrase were part of the BB drinking game, I think we'd all be hugging the toilet.

A Slice of Manga

Posted by Estee on 08-06-10 at 10:50 AM
Having it come out last night officially turned it into a running joke (although it wasn't as funny as Brendon's steadfast belief in No Alliances Exist Which Aren't Ours). The question now becomes 'how can she invoke it on every single eviction?' It'll be fun if Brendon goes out before her, just to hear how her boyfriend came between her and her man.