URL: http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi
Forum: DCForumID9
Thread Number: 1300
[ Go back to previous page ]

Original Message
"Shut up, Britney."

Posted by Estee on 07-18-10 at 09:48 PM
LAST EDITED ON 07-18-10 AT 09:51 PM (EST)

Because:

1. She should.

2. If she wants to have any kind of life outside the cage, she'd better.

3. She won't.

4. There was a good chance no one had ever said it to her before.

Table of contents

Messages in this discussion
"RE: Shut up, Britney."
Posted by michel on 07-19-10 at 00:10 AM
But if she shuts up who will make us laugh? Kathy? Kristen?

Posted by Round Robin on 07-19-10 at 02:27 AM
In all actuality I hope she continues running her mouth incessantly, because the longer she keeps yapping, the sooner the worthless annoying little whiny crybaby b!tch will get her useless carcass voted the hell out of the house. What I'd REALLY like would be for one of the other girls to punch her lights out, but that's against the rules of BB, so unless she goes bonkers a la Chima, we'll just have to settle for her eviction.

Posted by Estee on 07-19-10 at 06:36 AM
I don't find her funny -- just pointless and loathsome. Even more than Monet, I keep waiting for her to self-interrupt her confessionals with a burst of 'Daddy, buy me that!'

As far as I can track her personal belief system, it seems to go 'I am perfect. If you are not me, you are not perfect. Not being perfect is a sin. Punish the guilty!' Monet will be targeted eventually: all it takes is time and the flimsiest excuse available. Why would anyone want to be friends with Britney after this? Sure, you may find it entertaining to be on the witness side of the claws -- but eventually, she's going to turn on you too. One-woman small town gossip center, uncaring.

If only the tape had been permanent.

Posted by kingfish on 07-19-10 at 07:45 AM
If they had just put a piece of tape on her mouth, she might have silently choked to death.

One can dream.

Posted by Estee on 07-19-10 at 08:01 AM
The venom would start to backwash about three hours in.

Posted by kingfish on 07-19-10 at 08:41 AM
Another optimist!

Posted by michel on 07-19-10 at 01:05 PM
I don't find her funny...her personal belief system... 'I am perfect. If you are not me, you are not perfect. Not being perfect is a sin. Punish the guilty!'

But isn't that hilarious in itself? If I had to live anywhere near her I would understand wanting to claw her eyes out but on TV? We need those that we love to hate or that make us laugh. Look how boring Australia became after Jerri was voted out. Jenna winning had a lot to do with Amazon being one of the funniest seasons ever. I'd really like to see Britney win HOH. Imagine that brat with power!!!!

Monet, Kathy and Kristen are really, really boring. It can be good for their game (although Monet will never see the money) but this is a television program. It's primary goal is to entertain us so I'd say being boring is the real "sin".

Rachel can be funny because she's clueless about the game. Unfortunately she can't last long.

The guys?

Ragan is good both as a player and as a comedian. (loved his: "I was happy they weren't aiming at me...until I realized it was because they saw I wasn't going to stay up there")

Matt is an interesting player but not really funny.

I'm not sure about Hayden yet. He has a personality and, even if he isn't that sharp, he's the one with the multiple alliances. Still, I don't expect many laughs from him.

Andrew is funny in the same way as Rachel. You know a disaster is just around the corner.

Besides those who else? Lane? Zzzzzzzz... Don't you see we need someone like Britney to make it interesting?

OK, maybe my tolerance has a lot to do with the fact that I don't watch the live feeds. 3 hours a week is more than enough for me.

Posted by Belle Book on 07-19-10 at 07:06 PM
I don't watch the live feeds either but I have a rather low tolerance for people like Britney, even on T.V. So the sooner Britney's off my screen, probably the better. On the other hand, if they get rid of Monet first Britney will have no one and can be dealt with at any time.

Posted by Fishercat on 07-25-10 at 03:52 AM
LAST EDITED ON 07-25-10 AT 04:13 AM (EST)

From my understanding of the live feeds, she's more articulate and likable (well, to most people, plenty likable to me already) on the feeds than she is portrayed on the show. All they do there is show her mean girl moments. Mostly because they're trying to keep the showmance appeal going. This isn't to say that the majority of her conversation is genius talk, no one's is, but she's not quite just a Jordan, I'd say more Courtney from Survivor.

From some recent live feeds (her better moments, obviously not putting in the drunken Britney moments with everyone being sloshed)

Brit says she always wanted to visit Auschwitz, and Andrew says really? the place not the camps, right? She says no the camps, and talks about something she saw on Oprah. She asks A if he's visited any camps, he says no way, his friends have but he can't do it. He knowswhat happened there. He says he can't believe people say it never happened. Brit brings up The Pianist, and A talks about how he loved that movie. Enzo says a lot of people say it never happened, A says people have the tattoos, they didn't get those themselves. Brity says she has read a lot of books about the holocaust. A talks about meeting an author who wrote about it. Brit says she's fascinated by it, and A is all realy? B says she doesn't want to be morbid, but doesn't understand the human psyche that could do something like that. Brit talks about genocide in Darfur, and says it just fascinates her.

Brit talking about her pageant days - said she started when she was 14 and did it until she was in college. She had to beg her mom to do it, and did it 4 years, said she wasn't tall enough for Miss America circuit, and when she got in college there was too much incriminating stuff on the internet. She says she got poise and confidence, and the girls she competed with were smart and going on to be successful, and that one thing she got out of it was she can interview really well.

Brendan says he didn't like modeling cause he was treated like a piece of meat. Brit says she never modeled. She goes over all the costs of everything, Brendan asks if pageants objectify women, she says no, not in the America system, and Trump owns USA system and it's different. She says their bikini stuff was not sexual, says she played piano, that dancing was big but ballet on point was a surefire winner, and if she had a daughter, she'd have her do ballet on point so she would win. Says they all have platform issues, and hers was Reading is Fundamental.

She says they had to know current events, like secretary of state and secretary of defense, that she got asked about Condoleeza Rice. Says they would ask about the war, and current events, not where would you like to go for vacation. She says she was under no delusions, but there were a couple times when she should have won and didn't. The guys are asking her questions about all of it. Brendan is the most interested. He asks if there was favoritism, and she says that you could tellwho they liked, but not favoritism. Brendan keeps asking questions from a negative stance, but she is positive about it. She says she's glad she did it. Enzo asks if she's in contact with the girls, she says some were in her sorority.

Posted by kingfish on 07-25-10 at 07:20 AM
"there was too much incriminating stuff on the internet.

????

Food for thought. And Googling.

Posted by michel on 07-25-10 at 01:07 PM
"All they do there is show her mean girl moments. Mostly because they're trying to keep the showmance appeal going."

I always enjoy reading comments on editing. I'd say that's a very astute observation.

Posted by LFJ on 07-25-10 at 01:20 PM
Tell me if I'm wrong (haven't seen much of the show), but isn't it striking to you that as pretty as Britney is, none of the guys seem too interested in hooking up with her? Did I miss something, or is something wrong with this picture?

Posted by Fishercat on 07-25-10 at 02:19 PM
Well she's engaged. That's one thing. Andrew's on the older side for her, Matt and Enzo are married, Brendan and Hayden already have their showmances, Ragan's probably not interested for his own reasons. That leaves Lane, and some people think that there is tension there.

Posted by Estee on 07-25-10 at 02:23 PM
So she's a potentially three-dimensional personality who has trouble letting anyone else get as far as two. I've seen and heard worse in the cage, and I'll acknowledge her positive aspects especially as they relate to 'can I keep everyone from a murder spree for one more day?' -- but I didn't like Courtney either. There's more than Mean Girl moments, yes. The Mean Girl moments are still available at the bulk discount rate.

Posted by Fishercat on 07-25-10 at 02:29 PM
True that.

Posted by Snidget on 07-19-10 at 08:28 AM
Do you think there is any chance of a True Beauty/Big Bother Cross-Over Episode?

But first...there is more to this competition than meets the eye...

Summertribe and the living is ease-zee

Posted by Estee on 07-19-10 at 08:31 AM
But first...there is more to this competition than meets the eye...

Which would mean that for the first time in series history, there would actually be something to this competition.

Posted by mrc on 07-19-10 at 10:41 AM
Funny you should mention "eye." Britney has a bit of Vienna's wandering eye syndrome, as Joel McHale calls it.

A totally ag-cepptable siggie

Posted by Loree on 07-26-10 at 09:50 AM
LAST EDITED ON 07-26-10 AT 09:51 AM (EST)

Britney was extremely nasty while hanging with Monet. I hope she spends a little less time being that way with Monet gone. Being catty can be entertaining. But she crossed the line way into mean territory.

"Maybe Not"
Posted by samboohoo on 08-02-10 at 10:50 AM
As annoying as she has been, she has actually been kind of entertaining - especially her DRs last night. She is right about the target on her back getting smaller.

Samboobree, brought to life by Arkie

"Hopefully Not"
Posted by michel on 08-02-10 at 01:43 PM
I think that Britney is a bit of a chameleon, changing her personality depending on who she's dealing with. Monet was bringing out the mean girl but she was always the funny and sensible one of the two. With the guys she's had some really interesting conversations and she still brings on the snark.

This was attributed to her from a live feeder: Rachel has a zit on her chin. It's so big, red and ugly that I don't understand why Brendon hasn't started a showmance with it yet!

Mean, certainly but that's Leno material.

"RE: Maybe Not"
Posted by Estee on 08-02-10 at 02:43 PM
We also got a look at Rachel's Mean Girl side last night, and it wasn't exactly a pleasant view. (It's now remotely possible to argue for Britney as enabler.)

I still feel Britney's vicious. She's amusingly vicious at times, but I feel there's a solid hatred at the core. She's just not a screamer: wrong this one and your first notice of it might be the knife entering your back.

Posted by samboohoo on 08-02-10 at 02:47 PM
I agree, but her DR about Rachel's HOH room was probably one of the funniest I've seen.

Samboobree, brought to life by Arkie

Posted by Snidget on 08-02-10 at 03:20 PM
Yep, at least she has some idea of how to be funny while inserting the knife.

I do like that she's at least trying to play a social game. In real life the one way to your face and another behind your back isn't always fun to live with, but it is a nice contrast to some of the I don't care if it gets me nominated/evicted I'm going to toss caustic acid in the face of whoever I want no matter if they are in power this week.

Summertribe and the living is ease-zee