URL: http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi
Forum: DCForumID88
Thread Number: 130
[ Go back to previous page ]

Original Message
"Why would you want to win? A look at the facts..."

Posted by Tiggertramp on 08-28-05 at 11:44 PM
Really, *why* would you want to win?? What's *really* in it for the winner??

*They have not done anything serious in over ten years, just regurgitated stuff they have already done.

* They are an aging band. All these contestants are *much* younger.

* You are tied into a seven year contract with a band with NO definate future. This show is the most publicity (in the US)this group has seen in a decade.

* Their sound (as much as I lvoe INXS) is outdated. There is not the edge that newer music has. They will need a revolution, will a new young singer be enough for that?

I vote all these talented kids go off and get their own gig, they are too good for a potential empty future.

Excellent siggy by JSlice, Worm by the Fab IceCat And Icey bounced me! Yippee!!
I wish I were a glow worm, A glow worm's never glum...Cuz how can you be grumpy, When the sun shines out your bum??

Table of contents

Messages in this discussion
"RE: Why would you want to win? A look at the facts..."
Posted by Cassandra on 08-29-05 at 00:27 AM
Maybe some of the people on the show will get a record contract or do well, but it's tough to make it in the record business even with this kind of exposure. Marty has been in a band for 15 years and hasn't been signed to a label. MiG has been on stage for years performing Queen, no contract. Tara, Neil and Ty all were with bands and had CDs but none had a level of succes where we'd call them well known. If the contestants think that have a shot at making it with INXS then who am I to say it's a mistake? And after hearing Marty fight to stay last week and the way Deanna was sobbing when she was cut, they want it bad. Besides Clay and the singing marine (josh?), how many of the nonwinning American Idol contestants have put out successful CDs? Their weekly audience is much, much larger than the one for this show but most of them have recorded one CD and are quietly slipping into oblivion.

I think the contestants here have a better shot at being successful since Marty, JD and Suzie all seem to write songs (Hopefully good ones.) No comment on Ty or MiG's songwriting skills.

Posted by leianawd on 08-29-05 at 09:36 AM
Honestly, I don't know how much they will benefit from being the new lead singer of INXS, but with the clear talent that they all have and the exposure that they are getting I think their days of little recognition are over.

Posted by Loree on 08-30-05 at 04:51 PM
I have heard that as the contestants leave the show MB is talking with them about the newly formed Burnett Records and recording contracts. So anyone considered to be talented will probably do OK win or lose.

In fact I think Marty and JD would do better not to win the INXS position. They both have a much better future of being able to do what they want without being tied down to INXS. They both have a great stage prescence. INXS is looking more and more like they don't want to really change. I'm sorry but that song they wanted to do the other night was pretty bad.