URL: http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi
Forum: DCForumID105
Thread Number: 13
[ Go back to previous page ]

Original Message
"March 11th episode"

Posted by Loree on 03-12-07 at 09:49 AM
Anyone still watching?

Table of contents

Messages in this discussion
"RE: March 11th episode"
Posted by Loree on 03-12-07 at 09:55 AM
Sad to see Chad go home. I would have rather it was Max. But I know that is not the popular answer. But no matter how much Max tries he just isn't Danny to me. When he was trying to look sexy while singing Elvis he looked more mean and creepy to me.

I thought Chad had the most chemistry with the females. But I can see he didn't have the strong voice to project to the back of the theatre.

I think the judges are getting a little worried that Derek might win this and he is the least experienced of the males left. But he seems to have a huge following and everyone thinks he is the best looking. The judges were quick to try and convince the viewers that Austin and Max were their choices.

They love Laura. I change my mind alot with the females. Laura didn't impress me as much lastnight. But she is still probably the best choice. Allie had a stumble on the steps. Ashley seemed to be trying hard for the sympathy vote.

Posted by nogwart on 03-12-07 at 10:44 AM
No "Sad for Chad" feelings here, but then I don't have much enthusiasm for the show in general, just mild curiosity. I think, realistically, it's dead even for Austin or Derek. If the scrawny little Maxie-pad wins, I'll be pretty disgusted. He simply possesses no Danny-esque qualities whatsoever; Not good looking, not macho, not tough, not a leader, etc.

As to the girls: Again, no real stand out for me. But I have a very slight dislike of Laura, just because of the cutesy-wootsie, goody-goody, overly-perky, Tammy Faye-Baker vibe I get from her. I also have the same amount of slight preference for Ashley, just for her Meg Ryan-ism alone. She definitely has the most sex-appeal, in my opinion.

Aside from all that, though, I think the judges have already set their minds on Max and Laura. If they end up getting their way, I won't be surprised at all.

Posted by bullzeye on 03-12-07 at 10:41 AM
Yes, still watching, though each week keep asking myself why.

I don't really have a Sandy preference at this stage, each girl left could pull it off with credibility, if not excitement.

As far as the guys, I agree - I think Max is trying waaaay too hard, and sometimes it comes across a bit freaky. I still think Austin is too polished for the role - I think Danny needs to be a bit rough around the edges and his performance is too stilted. I suppose that of the Danny's left - I guess I would have to go with Dereck. Sad to see Chad go - liked him the best of the remaining guys.

A birthday present from Tribe

"Not Any More"
Posted by CattyChat on 03-12-07 at 11:41 AM
As soon as Chad was voted off, I changed the channel. I am a musical theatre junky and I WAS planning on getting tickets to see the show, but have been so unimpressed with the talent on this show.

Chad & Derek were the only possibilities for the Danny role for me. Derek has the look, but not enough charisma to exude from the stage to an audience and his vocals are just weak.

The whole "popularity contest" doesn't work for this show. I'm sure that probably at least 80% of the people voting have no intention of actually getting tickets to the show. They are voting purely on who they like, personality wise.

Max as Danny? What a farce!!!
Austin as Danny? So much cheese, I need a bottle of wine.
Derek as Danny? Wooden & weak.

Laura ended up being the only Sandy left that I feel could cut it. Her performance last night was not strong. Whatever.

I didn't see the last 2 performances, because Chad's boot was the last straw for this joke of a show. I don't think the "judges" really even care anymore. Very doubtful the show has staying power on Broadway with who "America" has to choose from. I'm still surprised they couldn't find better talent than what they ended up with. My guess is that the serious Broadway talents in NYC had no interest on being in a "reality show" and didn't bother trying out. I've seen off broadway shows in NYC & the "Broadway Show Tours" that come here to Philly that blow away all of the contestants on this show. It's sad.

I guess I have a little pent up hostility from the disappointment of this show & the devastating loss of Rob & Amber in TAR...What a bad night last night!

"RE: Not Any More"
Posted by catsnotkids on 03-12-07 at 12:58 PM
I agree that Derek is too wooden and doesn't have the vocals to pull it off. He's great looking, but it stops there for me. Max just doesn't look the part for me. Like other posters, he's starting to creep me out a bit.

My favorite is Austin, although he is cheesy, no doubt. But, on Broadway you have to convince the person in the BACK ROW, not the camera right in your face on TV. It's a different experience.

I think the judges are very worried that Derek is going to win, as they should be. Why did two pick Austin as a favorite but when he performs they diss him?

As for the women, Allie sounded too shrieky/shouty this week. She's gone downhill for me. Ashely just annoys me. Laura is the only one left.

Posted by bullzeye on 03-12-07 at 05:35 PM
But, on Broadway you have to convince the person in the BACK ROW, not the camera right in your face on TV. It's a different experience.

Interesting - I actually hadn't considered that, and it makes perfect sense, given that Austin is the only guy to have actually been on broadway.

Good observation!

A birthday present from Tribe

Posted by sharnina on 03-13-07 at 00:00 AM
See, this is what I think about Max. It's theater, not TV. If he bulks up a bit he would be great. I didn't particularly like his work last night but I thought his number last week was HOT!

Clear eyes, full hearts, can't lose. Must See TV

Posted by kidflash212 on 07-10-16 at 02:40 PM
I was glad Rob & Amber lost

Posted by dragonflies on 03-12-07 at 02:15 PM
Still watching.

I liked Austin at the beginning, but he seems so fake. One thing that really bothers me? He doesn't put his arms down at this side. Ever. They are always postured a little like a weight lifter who has too many muscles in his biceps. I like Max, but he needs to bulk up quite a bit to be believable. Derek is gorgeous, but as was sad, weak.

I really liked Allie at first, but have changed my mind on her too. She isn't very convincing. I think Laura has the best projection of emotions of the 3.

Posted by Loree on 03-12-07 at 05:09 PM
I notice that about Austin's arms too. He is always standing like he is ready to leap about the stage.

Posted by sharnina on 03-12-07 at 07:21 PM
I commented to DH last night that Austin is always standing like he's posing for a Chipendale calendar.

And his tears last night looked soooo fake.

Max all the way!!!

Clear eyes, full hearts, can't lose. Must See TV

Posted by karen51 on 03-12-07 at 09:14 PM
I love this show! Except...my favorite, Chad, was booted this week. How could they? He looks, acts, sings, and moves like Danny. Oh, well.

My favorite guy has been Max. I, too, find Austin cheesy, but he really impressed me this week. His voice was strong, and he's a real pro. I do think he's wrong for the role, however.

Derek--I don't know why he's still here.

A neck-and-neck battle between Max and Austin in the finals!

Among the Sandys, I love Laura to death. She's an amazing performer. But I wonder if the panel isn't setting her up for a fall. They blatantly prefer her. Ashley looks the part, but she's like a plastic Barbie doll. I like Allie a lot, but I think she's not ready for a lead role yet.

In the finals, Laura and Ashley. Laura will never do a dinner theater role again--she's on the Great White Way.

Posted by kidflash212 on 07-10-16 at 02:39 PM
No