URL: http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi
Forum: DCForumID101
Thread Number: 13
[ Go back to previous page ]

Original Message
"Attention Soap Fans...."

Posted by MandyM on 04-24-05 at 05:20 PM
I know you're out there! Tishy, Augie and all the rest........I know I posted this site addy a year or so ago, but I feel the need to post it again because I spent a couple of hours there today and it was just SOOO MUCH FUN! I watched a 1982 AMC episode (Erica, Phoebe, Myrtle, Jenny Gardner, Opal, Liza, Jesse and Angie, Greg) and a couple of 1984 Another World eppies (Donna and Peter Love, Carl Hutchins, Catlin and Sally, Alice, Cass, Cecile, Rachel, Mac, Jamie). FABULOUS way to waste a couple of hours! Go to World of Soap Themes

This site is the GREATEST! And they update every 3 to 6 weeks. Totally wonderful trip down memory lane for any soap fan. There is something for everyone there! Go check it out!

MM I'm convinced this country is another planet’s hell

Table of contents

Messages in this discussion
"RE: Attention Soap Fans...."
Posted by LadyT on 04-24-05 at 07:53 PM
Thanks Mandy, I will go check it out right now. By the way, I had Soapnet last week and was in HEAVEN!!!! Although I have to say, I hate, hate, hate Soap Talk. If they got rid of Lisa Rinna, I would like it. Ty was great.

"*SQUEALS*"
Posted by MandyM on 04-24-05 at 08:31 PM
OMH.......a TISHY sighting! If I had known all it would take was a soapy post, I would have done so ages ago! I miss you, girlfriend!

And OMH......I couldn't agree with you more about Lisa Rinna. She is absolutely HORRID! I love it when she is gone and they have "guest hosts". My favorite was Catherine Hickland. She and Ty have such GREAT chemistry! Another good one is Ali Sweeney. Very good rapport. When Soap Talk first came on the air, my very first thought was "replace them both with Linda Dano". In my opinion, she is the ultimate graceful hostess. Such manners and doesn't talk over the guests or "har har har" them to death like Lisa does.

Love and hugs to you, my soapy sistah. Please DO check out that site I posted! They have a vintage Guiding Light eppie from 1979 with the original Alan. It's FABU!

MM Taps foot impatiently waiting for Augie to discover my wonderful site that I posted because I KNOW she will love it too!

Posted by AugustGirl on 04-27-05 at 07:43 PM
Man I miss Another World. Still can't believe they canceled it.

Cass Winthrop! *drool*

Posted by kathliam on 04-27-05 at 08:27 PM
You can catch it twice a day on Soapnet. I never watched AW (strictly a CBS and ABC soap gal) but followed it through the soap rags. When my cable company finally added Soapnet to the lineup I watched some of the shows. Totally agree on Cass Winthrop! Plus, the fashions and hair are hilarious to look at 20 years later.

Posted by AugustGirl on 04-28-05 at 06:30 PM
My stupid cable company doesn't carry Soapnet. Or the Travel Channel. *sigh*

Maybe one day.

I also developed a crush on Carl Hutchins during the last few years it was on. Boy was he deliciously bad.

Posted by samboohoo on 04-29-05 at 03:57 PM
I watched AW for a while back when I was taking a ATWT break. Back in the days of Gary/Josie, Jake/Paulina, Jake/Vickie, Paulina/Joe. It broke my heart when Michael died, and Frankie. And then it was gone.

Icey bounced my Dicey

I thought Carl was a "good" guy there at the end, no? He was wicked hot, though.