URL: http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi
Forum: DCForumID9
Thread Number: 1296
[ Go back to previous page ]

Original Message
"Saboteur issues."

Posted by Estee on 07-09-10 at 05:48 AM
You know it's a Big Brother twist when the problems it could cause outnumber the interest it might stir up. Oh, and it has to be stupid. (Not 'could be'. 'Has to be'. So says that greatest of authorities, Previous Experience.) For this one, the issues are many, myriad, and dumb, starting with:

Early departure Do we get a replacement? Are the hamsters ever told what happened, or do the producers keep making things go wrong just to play with their heads?

Jury presence Should the saboteur reach the five-week goal, all but the strangest jury configurations would give them a place there. Does the saboteur get to be on the jury? Does s/he control hir own vote?

Limited saboteur materials, too much observation, stupid suggestions CBS is not giving their spy access to much as far as helpful items go, just getting at them is a problem, and there's only so many blackouts you can have. House population and location spread means there's always a strong chance of being caught. Filtering out the Twitter suggestions will give them only the most idiotic low-rent options to execute -- and, given Endemol, the ones with the highest chance of being caught. They don't want to pay hir...

Staying in the house beyond deadline Since the saboteur's goal is to reach the halfway point, what happens if s/he gets there -- and remains in the cage? Can't play for the top prize, sure, but that just makes hir the perfect F2 partner. Or how about bringing hir along, s/he wins the jury vote, and Endemol gets to say 'Sorry, but the rules say that one can't win: no prize this year.' (Arguably their ideal finale.)

You know it's a BB twist when it's stupid.

When they're still openly proud of it, you know it was Grodner's idea.

Table of contents

Messages in this discussion
"And just to save a thread:"
Posted by Estee on 07-09-10 at 07:39 AM
Things Stupider Than The Saboteur Screen Footage

Nothing.

"What?"
Posted by foonermints on 07-09-10 at 02:42 PM
Trying to kill your own thresd here?
Perhaps you could have started out with: "Girls grabbing flying weiners", but I can understand the fear of copyright infringement on mrc's post today.

"RE: What?"
Posted by mrc on 07-11-10 at 11:34 PM
I didn't say anything about girls pulling wieners.

A totally ag-cepptable siggie

"O.K."
Posted by foonermints on 07-12-10 at 01:42 AM
That must be somewhere in one of the next episodes of Hells Kitchen.

I get confused.

"RE: O.K."
Posted by kingfish on 07-12-10 at 12:55 PM
Maybe next week will involve an orchard cultivation challenge, and we can discuss "Boys plowing peaches"?

Might be good for ratings.

"RE: And just to save a thread:"
Posted by Belle Book on 07-09-10 at 07:00 PM
I'd say Andrew's behavior might be just about as stupid, if not more so. He's too obvious so he's probably not the saboteur. And I've heard people do pretty dumb things before this.

"RE: Saboteur issues."
Posted by mrc on 07-11-10 at 11:36 PM
LAST EDITED ON 07-11-10 AT 11:37 PM (EST)

Not editing the footage so that the saboteur was obvious during the blackout wasn't smart.

We saw that it was Kathy missing.

Posted by BrassFan on 07-12-10 at 09:14 AM
LAST EDITED ON 07-12-10 AT 09:17 AM (EST)

>LAST EDITED ON 07-11-10
>AT 11:37 PM (EST)

>
>Not editing the footage so that
>the saboteur was obvious during
>the blackout wasn't smart.
>
>
>A totally ag-cepptable
>siggie
>We saw that
>it was Kathy missing.

Or...editing the footage to make it look like the saboteur was obvious is smart..... ;)

But, I think you're right.

Posted by mrc on 07-12-10 at 09:34 AM
I read about the editing after I posted. Hmm.

Posted by Colonel Zoidberg on 07-13-10 at 02:07 PM
You know it's a bad twist when they had to borrow from that show with green thumbprints.

You really know it's a bad twist when there's a greater chance of the saboteur being Russell Hantz than any of these twits.