URL: http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi
Forum: DCForumID7
Thread Number: 1294
[ Go back to previous page ]

Original Message
"Weekly Salaries ?"

Posted by Shulman on 08-16-07 at 10:45 AM
Is this correct? Each week that a houseguest remains in the Big Brother house, they receive $3000 per week? This explains why they want to remain in the house. If they weren't paid weekly, then they would be unable to pay their bills for July, August and September.

Table of contents

Messages in this discussion
"RE: Weekly Salaries ?"
Posted by vince3 on 08-16-07 at 10:49 AM
I think it's more like $750 per week......... which would be like $3000 per month....... but I'm not sure......

Posted by shanshan2007 on 08-19-07 at 05:05 PM
I don't think they should get paid at all. It's their choice to take personal time off to participate in the opportunity to win half a million dollars. This isn't jury duty.

Posted by Jubilayhee on 08-19-07 at 10:06 PM
They should be paid. People on Survivor get paid. And they are essentially acting on a tv show and they should be paid for that.

Posted by J Slice on 08-20-07 at 00:48 AM
CBS gets ratings and ad money off of them. Not paying them would make this show even more exploitatious than it already is.

You should really read my crappy blog

Posted by Lasann on 08-20-07 at 08:12 AM
Big Brother - the Homeless Edition or conversely Big Brother - the Paris Hilton and other rich idiots Edition.

Sharnina has outdone herself this time!

Posted by Estee on 08-20-07 at 08:48 AM
Or Big Brother: Season #8, given that the producers have decided to make giving up part of the prize money into an integral segment of the game.

Posted by Shulman on 08-28-07 at 12:14 PM
I agree that they should be paid something because they also have bills to pay even though they're in the BB House. Why should their families, if they have kids, suffer? Mortgages and car payments still need to get paid. Since the series is very cheap to produce;since Julie Chen is married to the CBS CEO, she can't be paid a great deal, they can afford to pay the houseguests.