URL: http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi
Forum: DCForumID34
Thread Number: 1294
[ Go back to previous page ]

Original Message
"Big Brother 11 Week 4 ECST"

Posted by vince3 on 08-02-09 at 07:22 PM
Tonight we get to see the conclusion of the Endurance/Torture/Prizes HoH Competition......

The winner of which will choose the nominees at the end of the episode, and we'll go through the rest of the stuff from there....

Also, we'll see the extra foods the Have Nots get, however they're determined this week.....

Table of contents

Messages in this discussion
"RE: Big Brother 11 Week 4 ECST"
Posted by Snidget on 08-02-09 at 08:15 PM
whap whap whap spray spray spray whap whap

That does not look like any fun at all.

"HOH ending"
Posted by Snidget on 08-02-09 at 08:25 PM
Russel and Jeff at the end. Both want the same people out.

Russel gets the HOH.

"Ohcrap."
Posted by Estee on 08-02-09 at 08:30 PM
Jeff was wearing a Mets cap.

First Bill O'Reilly and now this.

"'Upholded'?"
Posted by Estee on 08-02-09 at 08:58 PM
They are a perfect match.

Posted by zazzy on 08-02-09 at 09:29 PM
The squash was fine but the squid did look rather gross.

Posted by samboohoo on 08-03-09 at 08:16 AM
Agree. I would eat fried squash with butter, sugar & pepper all week.

Samboobree, brought to life by Arkie

Posted by zazzy on 08-03-09 at 08:32 AM
Yes! Not sure they have butter on the slop diet but I think they have olive oil. They can make squash chips (slice thin, sprinkle with oil and salt, bake) or squash patties (shredded squash with whatever BB allows, then saute) and the acorn squash baked with some butter (or oil) and sugar--yum! I also saw spaghetti squash...they can bake that up and use it as the "pasta" for some other squid and squash dish.

Posted by jbug on 08-03-09 at 08:50 AM
Oh Zazzy, you made me laugh!
Do any of these people know anything about real cooking?

Posted by Starshine on 08-03-09 at 11:36 AM
Fried squid is wonderful, easy to clean, ideally dredged in a little flour, and fried with garlic and chilli. However even fried with a little salt and pepper would be good. (although I might get tired of it if I could eat nothing else for a week)

Arrrr Cap'n!

Just another Sleeperbloke

Something or Other

Posted by kingfish on 08-03-09 at 06:26 PM
LAST EDITED ON 08-03-09 AT 06:27 PM (EST)

One time long ago someone introduced me to fried calamari. Delicious, I was taken with it and tried to cook it my self.

What I fixed tasted fishy (in a bad way) and was was like trying to chew thru a inner tube. A ring of rubber.

I still like it and often order it. But I'll never try to make it again.

Posted by Starshine on 08-04-09 at 05:07 AM
Fair enough.

Calamari is a little different as it is squid in a batter (tempura batter is very good, remember to clean and dry the squid first)).

I think you had two problems, firstly if the squid tasted fishy it was probably a little past its best, and secondly if it was rubbery then it was overcooked (tricky to avoid tbh, which is why I normally shallow fry squid).)

Posted by kingfish on 08-04-09 at 08:40 AM
Oh well.

Posted by jbug on 08-04-09 at 09:58 AM

Posted by vince3 on 08-04-09 at 09:03 PM
Be around a little later, I hope.....

1. News came on due to a mass shooting at a health club

2. If the ABC station also doesn't pick up the story, the Superstars is still going........

Posted by Snidget on 08-04-09 at 09:29 PM
Oh yikes.

They get an example of what a few of something looks like, then have to estimate something with a lot of whatever the something is (feathers, rats, jewels).

After you pick your number you can stay or fold. The person who stays and is closest to the number gets a point and the person who is farthest away is out.

Russel ahead with two points, then Michele comes from behind and wins.

Posted by vince3 on 08-04-09 at 09:40 PM
LAST EDITED ON 08-04-09 AT 09:47 PM (EST)

I think that's the way that event has played out each of the last 3 years...... the person with 2 points is afraid to play until they are forced to play to prevent the other person to win themselves because of the "furthest away is eliminated each round" rule........

"BS Editing"
Posted by michel on 08-04-09 at 10:33 PM
In the week where BB has a popularity contest, they completely hide Jeff and Jordan from the camera. Not a single word from either of them except Jordan congratulating Michelle for her veto win.

On top of that, they show Ronnie in the best light we've seen him all season long after putting up commercials where he's the one highlighted to use the power.

That is the way you edit a show if you want Ronnie to win the "Coup d'état". Do we have to wait until they actually reveal the votes or do we trust BB's integrity?!

The only good moments of this episode were showing Russell's rat joke, Michelle's rat bluff and showing her asking Ronnie to "lie first" during the veto ceremony.

I rarely hate characters on TV but can you tell I'm making an exception with Ronnie?

"RE: BS Editing"
Posted by vince3 on 08-04-09 at 10:39 PM
They kinda want the polarizing figure that Ronnie is to stay in the house...... they also want Lydia in there because she also creates drama...... The only possible way that's happening? Coup D'Etat, preferably used by Ronnie, because I highly doubt the new nominees would be anyone but Jeff/Jordan/Kevin (due to the blowup last night)

Posted by michel on 08-04-09 at 11:05 PM
I know but "they" shouldn't WANT anything. That's the definition of integrity.

I made myself laugh associating integrity with Big Brother!!

Posted by Estee on 08-05-09 at 07:09 AM
The Hamsterwatch term for a Ronnie win: Hoax D'Etat.

Remember: it doesn't matter what the votes are -- it only matters who counts them.

Posted by BrassFan on 08-05-09 at 09:48 AM
I've said for the past few days that Ronnie should be devious enough to figure out the solution. With everyone scared of who gets the "mystery power," he had an out presented to him.

Before the veto competition, spend most of a day moping around, knowing you're going home. Then, when you get called to the diary room, do your little interview, and then come out cocky as hell.

Make them think you just won the power, and you know that you're safe. They're afraid of what you might do, so they use the veto to get you off the block.

Kinda like the Survivor who everyone knows has the hidden idol, and they're afraid to vote for that person.

Posted by Snidget on 08-05-09 at 09:54 AM
Did the hamsters know the voting was conducted through Tuesday Midnight?

The veto meeting was well before the time the voting period ended.

Posted by BrassFan on 08-05-09 at 10:40 AM
Since everything about it is secret to them, I'd assume they would have no way of knowing when the vote ended.

Posted by samboohoo on 08-05-09 at 10:46 AM
Actually, IF Ronnie had the power, he should not do anything until the absolute last possible minute at the live eviction. Could you imagine all of them thinking he's going home and them him using the coup right then?

Posted by vince3 on 08-05-09 at 11:19 AM
I think that is the only time he CAN use the power......... if it plays out like during BBAS........ Before it's time to vote, Julie will ask, "Does the person with the mystery power want to use it?" or something to that effect....... and she'll ask both Thursday 8/6, and 8/13, if it's not used tomorrow......

Posted by Lorr on 08-05-09 at 11:51 AM
Did Ronnie win the power?

Posted by vince3 on 08-05-09 at 12:22 PM
We won't know until Thursday. Highly doubt it, though..... if they're correctly counting the votes.

Posted by samboohoo on 08-05-09 at 02:39 PM
Correct. I was trying to say he shouldn't even let on (if he had it) as someone suggested above.

Posted by BrassFan on 08-05-09 at 07:48 PM
>Actually, IF Ronnie had the power,
>he should not do anything
>until the absolute last possible
>minute at the live eviction.
> Could you imagine all
>of them thinking he's going
>home and them him using
>the coup right then?

Actually, what I was saying was that Ronnie should act like something is very different, and be very cocky so that they THINK he has the power, thus they would have been afraid to leave him on the block.

Posted by kingfish on 08-05-09 at 12:30 PM
I'm not sure how that would help Ronnie. I agree with Snidge (I think) that if the Veto is over, what good can bluffing the possession of a coup do Ronnie? When time comes to vote, they will know (because he didn't use it) that he was bluffing, and if they are inclined to vote for him anyway there would be no reason not to proceed with that.

Might be worth a desperate try I suppose, that would be an imaginative ploy. With the hope that some other unforeseen twist would be to his benefit, I guess.

Ronnie seems to be toast, a ratsnake that just keeps digging a deeper hole for itself

Posted by BrassFan on 08-06-09 at 09:52 AM
>I'm not sure how that would
>help Ronnie. I agree with
>Snidge (I think) that if
>the Veto is over, what
>good can bluffing the possession
>of a coup do Ronnie?

What I said was that he should have done it *BEFORE* the POV contest. The idea being that if he could make them think he had the power, they might take him off because they were afraid of what he could do.

>When time comes to vote,
>they will know (because he
>didn't use it) that he
>was bluffing, and if they
>are inclined to vote for
>him anyway there would be
>no reason not to proceed
>with that.

Actually, I don't think they would know anything, since they don't know what the power is, or when it can be used.

Posted by zazzy on 08-05-09 at 11:56 AM
I missed last night's show, too.

Found this on youtube: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9TvqaiM_U80&feature=channel_page

"WTF is going on?"
Posted by volsfan on 08-05-09 at 10:19 PM
LAST EDITED ON 08-05-09 AT 10:23 PM (EST)

Rumor has it drama is goin on again tonight...Lydia spent time in DR and she was almost ready to go home. Am I getting bad info?

"RE: WTF is going on?"
Posted by volsfan on 08-05-09 at 10:25 PM
Lydia claiming she wants to cut herself? True?

"RE: WTF is going on?"
Posted by Rebel Crown on 08-06-09 at 00:36 AM
Possibly true. Lydia threatened that "what happened yesterday is gonna happen today". Soon after that, she was in the DR a long time.

Then she tries to spend some time alone and Jesse kept bothering her. Speculation was that she wanted to cut herself, or tried, or was thinking about trying.

It's been a strange day in that house.

"A tradition is forming"
Posted by vince3 on 08-06-09 at 08:13 PM
After the POV meeting so far on the weeks that Jesse isn't the HoH, we've had a house-wide war of words........ this time, since Russell is a little more vocal than Ronnie, it went everywhere!

Posted by vince3 on 08-06-09 at 08:37 PM
After an HoHterview that Russell basically admits that he is still trying to play both alliances....

Jeff is announced as the winner of the Coup D'Etat, and he chooses not to use it.......

Kevin votes Ronnie
Natalie votes Lydia
Chima votes Lydia
Jesse votes Ronnie
Michele votes Lydia
Jeff votes Ronnie
Jordan votes Ronnie

By a vote of 4-3, Ronnie is evicted.

Posted by Ahtumbreez on 08-06-09 at 10:59 PM
Ronnie's speech to Michelle made me gag. In light of his cyber-bullying it didn't surprise me, but he's officially my most disliked Hamster ever.

Posted by michel on 08-06-09 at 11:35 PM
Totally agree with you about Ronnie's speech. I'm glad he's gone because he probably played the worst game I've ever seen.

"Correct votes"
Posted by AyaK on 08-06-09 at 11:26 PM
>Kevin votes Ronnie
>Natalie votes Lydia
>Chima votes Lydia
>Jesse votes Lydia
>Michele votes Ronnie

>Jeff votes Ronnie
>Jordan votes Ronnie
>
>By a vote of 4-3, Ronnie is evicted.

The Kevin-Michele-Jeff-Jordan alliance held. And with Jeff with the Coup power, it looks like that alliance has control right now. Chima has some illusions that aren't going to pan out.

"RE: Correct votes"
Posted by vince3 on 08-06-09 at 11:33 PM
Sorry. I got a little confused there in my haste to post.

Posted by samboohoo on 08-07-09 at 08:24 AM
Thanks.

DH's golf recording on two channels cancelled out my BB. I was not happy. Then confused when I read this thread.

Posted by jbug on 08-07-09 at 08:38 AM
Me too Boo; I set it to be recorded cause I had to take food to a friend's house (her mother passed);
and DH decided to lay on the bed to watch TV and stopped my recording! I got the first 25 minutes!

Posted by zazzy on 08-07-09 at 08:55 AM
Search for "quirkydude" on you tube. He's been posting the entire show in 5 parts right after it airs.

Posted by jbug on 08-07-09 at 09:03 AM
thanks zazzy
I'll try that at home tonite

Posted by Snidget on 08-07-09 at 09:16 AM
CBS also puts up the full episodes, but usually the next day.

http://www.cbs.com/video/?showname=primetime/big_brother#video

I think usually the CBS video is only available to people in the USA.

Posted by samboohoo on 08-07-09 at 10:30 AM
I was planning to do this at lunch. Didn't know about the other.

Posted by kingfish on 08-07-09 at 03:26 PM
That was the most satisfying eviction since Nakima(sp?) aka Jennifer introduced the pinky swear to BB and invented the backdoor ploy as a prelude to kicking Jase out of the house.

Ronnie's ouster was just about as satisfying. And the additional potential satisfaction involved with Jeff overturning Chima's HoH noms, it could even get better.

"HoH competition"
Posted by vince3 on 08-06-09 at 08:51 PM
Preview of it before the break shows the return of the Target Isolation Booths of Doom......

Also, if the feed's any indication, this should be based on the messages from outside the cage that they got last night, All Night Long.......

Kevin hit a button (a giant pop-up light) that was in the backyard that activated the message loop.....

"Say What?" Questions based on those messages: True/False, and if you're wrong, you're out.

Singer, BB Friends for Life: Kiss and make up? True. Michele/Lydia gone.

Wait 30 minutes before getting in pool? True. All safe.

Bridget: "Stop lying so much"? False. True. Jesse's gone.

"Those who live in the BB house shouldn't throw stones, eat tuna!"? False. Jeff/Jordan gone.

"One wrong move, and you ain't getting a dime!" True. Chima's the new HoH!

"RE: HoH competition"
Posted by zazzy on 08-06-09 at 09:01 PM
LAST EDITED ON 08-06-09 AT 09:03 PM (EST)

Edited to move comment to the other thread for the week.