URL: http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi
Forum: DCForumID88
Thread Number: 129
[ Go back to previous page ]

Original Message
"Did you see VH1 on 8-28?"

Posted by riverrocker on 08-28-05 at 08:54 PM
Anyone else catch the VH1 tonight? I was astonished at J.D.'s 'unwillingness'--or is it his gigantic ego???--to learn and/or practice the new INXS song.

Is it just me or is this guy way too confident???

Table of contents

Messages in this discussion
"RE: Did you see VH1 on 8-28?"
Posted by LaLaLisa on 08-29-05 at 09:21 AM
Man, I saw it and was wondering WTF???

I really like JD and thought he was a shoo-in until Marty stepped up to the plate last week, then I saw it as much more of a race. I'm still pulling for JD and don't know what to make of the whole thing.

Was it overblown thanks to editing??? I mean, he obviously did have all those flubs, but did everyone have flubs and they just weren't shown? Did he have any good takes?

I just don't get how he could go from wanting this so bad to appearing like he doesn't care at all. Or is this a plot twist to show Marty as the new "wants it most" kid?

Posted by leianawd on 08-29-05 at 09:30 AM
Yes, I saw that show last night and as a J.D. fan I was like J.D. WHAT ARE YOU THINKING?!!!?!! I really thought that of all people he would have practiced the song since he is usually pretty committed to going over the other songs he has to sing and here he gets a INXS song and he just does nothing!!! I don't really know what was going through his head to make that decision but I hope J.D. learns his leason and doesn't make that mistake again.

Posted by LaLaLisa on 08-29-05 at 09:59 AM
Yeah, that was the weirdest part - that he obviously spends so much time on his other songs!

And another thing, I noticed before the studio part that he was hardly quoted/shown at all. Was he totally out of everything or was it just left out because it didn't fit the story they are trying to tell right now?

I really like to think that this is all a plot twist - building up Marty & Suzie (especially!) to build tension and suspense. Not that Marty doesn't deserve building up - his performances (well, the encore and his second approach to the INXS song) have been a real turn-around.

And I guess it's working. I guess they needed a new story line besides the "I love JD/I hate JD" one. I practically ran to the message boards this morning to dish about it.

Posted by riverrocker on 08-29-05 at 10:42 AM
They kept showing the other five rehearsing and talking about what to do with the song.....and they showed J.D. SLEEPING during that time! Plus, while J.D. was in the studio room, Dave was asking the others what had happened, and they were telling him that J.D. hadn't done anything with the song!

Umm, 'wake-up call to J.D.'---don't you know that INXS watches the tapes and talks with Dave??????????

Posted by dragonflies on 08-29-05 at 11:00 AM
I for one am hoping this is the beginning of the end for JD. He has had such a huge ego, always spouting about how much he loves INXS, wants it the most, blah blah blah. I really liked him at first, but he has fallen out of my favor, for one.

I know there is some editing going on here, but maybe after the comments made last week about how much JD's voice suits INXS, he figured he was a shoe in, so why bother working so hard?

Posted by EnglProf on 08-29-05 at 11:39 AM
LAST EDITED ON 08-29-05 AT 11:41 AM (EST)

This isn't about J.D., but I felt a bit bad for Suzie last night.

I'm pretty sure she misinterpreted the results of the last round of voting and thinks she ended up in first place (she kept calling herself something like "queen of the top one" or something like that).

I think that all she really found out after last week's voting was that she never hit the bottom three. I'm pretty sure that of MiG, JD, and Jordis, at least one of them got more votes than Suzie, if not all three of them.

Suzie may fall hard this week, though I do think she's getting stronger and stronger.

Did anyone else think they were going to pick a "winner" of the clinic last night? I kept waiting for them to say which rendition of the song they preferred. I guess not.

ET Add: LaLa--I see you said this too on the Suzie thread

Handcrafted by RollDdice

Posted by Shypappy on 08-29-05 at 11:59 AM
Good lord!! For a guy that says he wants it the most, that sure is a dumb move!

Posted by weltek on 08-29-05 at 12:53 PM
J.D. royally screwed up. I'll be curious to see if he talks about it in his upcoming blogs.

I'm going crazy listening to Suzie. It's just all about Susie now. Ugh.

Posted by CattyChat on 08-29-05 at 04:10 PM
As a J.D. fan, I was just shaking my head. What are you doing, J.D.?

To me, J.D. just comes off young. On one hand he, at times, displays confidence/borderline cockiness & at others seems to be scared sh!tless & nervous as heck. As I watched last night, I wondered if he had ever been in a recording studio before, as many of the others have been. He went in with confidence & then just fell apart in front of the people he is trying like heck to impress. My opinion hasn't changed of him, I'll see how he performs tomorrow. J.D. just has some issues to work through (as any human being/being human does). I think, age & lack of experience factor heavily what's up with J.D.

My overall assessment as to why no "winner"? The only person who got complete praise was Suzie. Everyone else had issues & they were probably sent to the mansion to rehearse more & they'll try it again later --

TY - Too angry, screaming the song.

JORDIS - Insulting the songwriter by not singing it as written.

MiG - Weak Vocals, but more of the right emotion.

MARTY - Screaming Marty, after LOTS of requests to TONE IT DOWN & SING, he was much better.

J.D. - Train wreck. Andrew felt it was nerves.

Posted by Moother on 08-29-05 at 11:34 PM
Well I think JD is 31 which for a rock singer is not a spring chicken! He better get his butt in gear before INXS decides he doesn't WANT IT MORE THAN ANYONE ELSE!
Personally, I wouldn't be unhappy if he leaves this Wednesday.

Posted by Loree on 08-30-05 at 05:16 PM
From everything I have found out snooping around various boards there is something very suspicious about the editing of the last show. Everyone else's clothes stayed the same and JD's changed at times. And he was seen in that exact same outfit, hair length, etc. on an earlier show sleeping. He was even seen sleeping in the same position on that show. Why was he missing from all the clips of the others together? Where was he when they were crying about Deana?

Then from what I have heard about the live show on Sunday it gets stranger. INXS called him out during Q&A about the clip they are showed from the TV show. And JD got a little angry and had them admit that the editing did show the wrong thing. And it came out that JD did go into the studio with 4 different arrangements. But didn't know which one to use. So he had been working on the song. And there is even a photo of him working on the song over on the RockStar website. But then he is shown on the TV saying he didn't rehearse. And he got INXS to admit during the Q&A that they were satisfied with his finished product after the recording session even though the TV makes it look like it bombed. This is the first time the singers get to see clips of the show and see how they are being edited by MB. JD was not happy and he talked back to INXS. Then after his performance half INXS' talk with him had nothing to do with his song performance and they went back to snarking at him about the film clip. I heard it wasn't pretty and JD was practically in tears and INXS was pretty much kicking him when he was down. I have no idea how this will be edited for tonight's show. But if JD finds himself in the bottom 3 tomorrow INXS could be planning to boot him. They were not happy with him at taping on Sunday. So either the band is trying to test JD or they have had enough of him and just want him gone. Who knows?