URL: http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi
Forum: DCForumID49
Thread Number: 129
[ Go back to previous page ]

Original Message
"A review of episode 9 from Lisa's hometown news...."

Posted by HappyDayz on 09-05-03 at 12:50 PM
Strangely, it doesn't mention Evan or Dom......hmmmmmm

The writer did a pretty decent review, but of course she's no Schnookie or Swami!
http://www.detnews.com/2003/entertainment/0309/04/c05-261669.htm

Table of contents

Messages in this discussion
"Thanks for the link HappyDayz"
Posted by Schnookie Palookie on 09-05-03 at 01:02 PM
What jumped out at me was the harpies' full names: Laura Restum and Kimberly Tarter. Tell me I'm not the only one thinking Laura Rectum and Kimberly Tart LOL

"Renda actually comes off as a bigger freak than Robert, 33, the eccentric poor-man's Arnold Schwarzenegger."

Loved that line LOL

"but of course she's no Schnookie or Swami!"

Awwwwwwwwwww you are too sweet. I.Heart.HappyDayz

*I've learned to not sweat the petty things, and not pet the sweaty things*

"RE: Thanks for the link HappyDayz"
Posted by HappyDayz on 09-06-03 at 02:14 PM
LOL, that was a good line....I also liked "Speaking of Robert, isn't it so Midwestern of Mike and Phyllis to be polite to him even though there is no point?"

"RE: A review of episode 9 from Lisa's hometown news...."
Posted by smiley on 09-05-03 at 01:31 PM
gee I wonder who the writer is voting for? LOL

I totally agree with the article though so its ok

and no she is no shnookie or swami

Posted by HappyDayz on 09-06-03 at 02:20 PM
LOL, it did seem a bit one-sided, didn't it? I'm not complaining, because I'm definitely in agreement too (Go Hank!)....I just seem to recall that (in my college journalism classes) some degree or neutrality was generally called for.

Posted by Swami on 09-05-03 at 05:12 PM
Wow--she cut Evan right out of the show. Even Joe who was booted in the first few minutes was mentioned.

I also didn't get why she called Lisa's brother the "practically invisible" Brian. LOL, he looks about 6'3" with multiple piercings! Nothing invisible about that! Actually, I thought Brian looked like a pretty cool guy. His comments were right on the money, too. Maybe Detroit News' Ms. Madden just averts her eyes when in the presence of pierced ones. Her loss. Lisa should listen to Brian.

I.Heart.HappyDayz.

Posted by HappyDayz on 09-05-03 at 05:55 PM
I think she called Brian invisible because he didn't talk all that much (did he critique anyone other than Hank and Evan?). Quality is more important than quantity though ~ what he did say he seemed to mean.

>Maybe Detroit News' Ms. Madden just averts her eyes when in the presence of pierced ones.

May be....or maybe she was having Hank fantasies too and just didn't notice, LOL ~ after all, she was so busy writing about Hank, she forgot Evan and Dom (unless....maybe those two just broke their own arrows, said 'to hell with it' and went home after the show).

I.Heart.Swami.and.Schnookie.too. And Ms. Madden shouldn't feel badly about being no Schnookie or Swami.....who amongst us is? Except of course, Schnookie and Swami....