URL: http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi
Forum: DCForumID42
Thread Number: 1286
[ Go back to previous page ]

Original Message
"What I Don't Understand..."

Posted by Serenity22 on 02-15-06 at 10:23 AM
Hi I am new to this board so I don't know if this has been posted before.

There is one thing that I don't understand about all these Bachelors. They are all from prominent families, have money, are good looking and seem to have there lives in order. Why do they have to resort to going on tv to find love? Just from looking at them shouldn't they have no problems meeting women off of the show? I mean sure Travis is a "Dr." and maybe he doesn't have the time to meet someone and this is like a way to do it, but he had the time to take off to do the show.

Also all the women on the show are attractive, strong females and it just seems that in society these days, that these are the types of women the men want (not all men). I don't see why they have to go on a show and be desperate enough to just sit back and wait while the "Bachelor" tells them one thing and then the next day is making out with the other contestants. I know for myself that if I like a guy and there's talk of us having a future I wouldn't be able sit back and say "Hey I know we're supposed to be together but I'll just sit here and wait for you while you go test the waters elsewhere and if that other girl doesn't work for you, well you can just come back to me."
I know this is just my opinion and there are many other opinions to be had so that's why I posted it.. I want to know what other women are thinking about this show.

Table of contents

Messages in this discussion
"RE: What I Don't Understand..."
Posted by Hoobie on 02-15-06 at 12:54 PM
Interesting point. But, I really don't see going on a TV show as "desperate". I think there is more to it than not being able to meet someone on your own. There's the idea of getting on television, visiting exotic locales, and the experience of trying something that takes a lot of guts.

I met my husband on match.com. I had (and have) a lot going for me, and I didn't tell a lot of people that I was doing it because I thought they would react much the same as you. My reason at the time was that I was getting over a very difficult breakup and didn't want to go to bars, etc. By the time I was ready to date again, it seemed foreign to me. My attitude was "date, date and date some more until I can't stand the thought of men". I always had something to do, and just when I was about to stop the onslaught, and had more reasonable expectations is when the one came along.

"RE: What I Don't Understand..."
Posted by qwertypie on 02-15-06 at 05:26 PM
LAST EDITED ON 02-15-06 AT 05:28 PM (EST)

Welcome to the boards Serenity22!
I agree a lot with Hoobie, but I tend to be more cynical and think more of the contestants are doing it for the exposure than anything else.

Slice & Dice Chop Shop 2004